Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12   Go Down

Author Topic: WE NEED A LITTLE AUGUST  (Read 35764 times)

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
Re:WE NEED A LITTLE AUGUST
« Reply #270 on: August 01, 2007, 05:46:51 PM »

Cilla, der B just asked whether there's been a heat wave in the area this week.

He's thinking that that would be enough to weaken any asphalt joints.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Cillaliz

« Reply #271 on: August 01, 2007, 05:57:19 PM »

Cilla, der B just asked whether there's been a heat wave in the area this week.

He's thinking that that would be enough to weaken any asphalt joints.

Yes it's been very hot, not sure if Minneapolis has been as hot as here. It sounds like the construction may have a contributing factor.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #272 on: August 01, 2007, 05:58:19 PM »

And I saw MusicGuy's organ. And I have to say it is quite an impressive organ.

::) ::) :o ??? :o ??? ::) ::)
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Cillaliz

« Reply #273 on: August 01, 2007, 05:58:38 PM »

MSNBC is reporting the Minnesota DOT website said they were going to be doing "pile driving" on the bridge during the day.  Guessing the vibration had something to do with it

Ginny

« Reply #274 on: August 01, 2007, 06:23:07 PM »

Wednesday evening greetings!  I've had a nice day here in Delafield, WI.  Slept late, went into town for lunch with the wife and daughter of one of Richard's classmates, and visited some of the shoppes in town.  It was very hot, so after about an hour of that I went back to our apt. until Richard came home from school.  There was an all-school cook-out at dinnertime and now we're in the library.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #275 on: August 01, 2007, 06:26:45 PM »

Assuming the printer worked upstairs, DH Richard and I are now proud owners of 2 tickets for:

The Brain from Planet X, Sept. 30 @ 8pm
Such Good Friends,  Oct. 3 @ 4:30
The Last Starfighter, Oct. 3 @ 9

And, Richard just handed me the print-outs.  We're still eligible for 4 more tickets - anybody need any?
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #276 on: August 01, 2007, 06:28:00 PM »

DH Richard, the second-oldest student in his class, is ready to crash, so I'll say:

'night!

FJL

« Reply #277 on: August 01, 2007, 06:31:42 PM »

Ginny - Excellent NYMF choices!  :)

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #278 on: August 01, 2007, 06:39:52 PM »

We're still eligible for 4 more tickets - anybody need any?

I suggest you purchase tickets for the underpants musical. It just sounds like an HHW kind of a show.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Cillaliz

« Reply #279 on: August 01, 2007, 06:40:47 PM »

Ginny, you may want to check with Vixmom.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #280 on: August 01, 2007, 07:31:15 PM »

Just dropping to by to say hello.. I have returned safely from the Twin Cities..

Ironically, I was just on the bridge yesterday that collapsed in Minneapolis. I have seen pictures of the collapsed bridge on the telly. Incredible but sad and disturbing.

It was a nice trip to Wisconsin and to the Twin Cities. I am heading up to my parents sometime tomorrow afternoon.

Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #281 on: August 01, 2007, 07:33:04 PM »

Spamalot was EXCELLENT!!!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #282 on: August 01, 2007, 07:40:01 PM »

Rant here.....

Ironic.. the government spends money on the war and other things but very little on the qaulity of the infrastructure of the US. Ironically, when DBF and I were driving they were discussing this very thing on Monday morning.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #283 on: August 01, 2007, 07:41:42 PM »

Ironically, in the radio broadcast they test case they used for a bridge collapse was a freeway bridge in LA or Seattle, not Minneapolis.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #284 on: August 01, 2007, 07:51:44 PM »

OMG! The I 35W bridge over the river in Minneapolis collapsed during rush hour.  All the tv news stations are covering it http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20079534/

DBF and I listened to radio coverage from WCCO in central Minnesota. KFGO from Fargo was carrying the feed from them.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #285 on: August 01, 2007, 07:54:47 PM »

Yes it's been very hot, not sure if Minneapolis has been as hot as here. It sounds like the construction may have a contributing factor.

Yes, it was very hot. It was actually cool in Fargo when we got back in comparision.  According to one of the Twin Cities stations they are saying it was only roadbed work on the bridge. Perhaps it is something we will never know.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #286 on: August 01, 2007, 07:56:56 PM »

That bridge is also a key to getting to the Metrodome.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #287 on: August 01, 2007, 07:58:26 PM »

And, Richard just handed me the print-outs.  We're still eligible for 4 more tickets - anybody need any?

If no one else needs any, I would use a pair for SUCH GOOD FRIENDS, but only if absolutely no one else could use them, as I had planned to buy some anyway.

Ginny, we'll be seeing you at THE BRAIN. Yay!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Cillaliz

« Reply #288 on: August 01, 2007, 08:00:43 PM »

Dakota, good to hear from you. I was about to ask if anyone knew when you were going to be in the the Cities

Julie

« Reply #289 on: August 01, 2007, 08:05:59 PM »

Good evening all. Busy day and with many many thanks to DR Jose, I have our Legally Blonde tickets arranged. Now I can stop planning for awhile and know that it will all be great.

Oh, you made the right choice going with Legally Blonde.  The two of you will love it.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #290 on: August 01, 2007, 08:10:44 PM »

I am planning to see Starfighter on the 29th at 1 and Brain on the 30th at 8

If I try to see Such Good Friends on the 30th at 4:30 will I make it to
the Brain at 8?

I am following Elmores' plan to wait til Sept 1 since my NYMF membership $ was spent on a Brain share
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

Julie

« Reply #291 on: August 01, 2007, 08:11:35 PM »

Assuming the printer worked upstairs, DH Richard and I are now proud owners of 2 tickets for:

The Brain from Planet X, Sept. 30 @ 8pm
Such Good Friends,  Oct. 3 @ 4:30
The Last Starfighter, Oct. 3 @ 9

A NYMF double header - that's the best kind of day.  We'll have to find you a good place to eat in-between shows that day.

Julie

« Reply #292 on: August 01, 2007, 08:12:16 PM »

I suggest you purchase tickets for the underpants musical. It just sounds like an HHW kind of a show.

I keep cracking up when I see that title.

vixmom

« Reply #293 on: August 01, 2007, 08:13:19 PM »

Just dropping to by to say hello.. I have returned safely from the Twin Cities..

Ironically, I was just on the bridge yesterday that collapsed in Minneapolis. I have seen pictures of the collapsed bridge on the telly. Incredible but sad and disturbing.

It was a nice trip to Wisconsin and to the Twin Cities. I am heading up to my parents sometime tomorrow afternoon.

I am so glad you checked in ,... I was thinking about yuou when I saw the collapse.... we do a lot of work with the Wells Fargo Bank office in Minneapolis... I am hoping all my "phone buddies" and their loved ones are  are OK

Cillaliz

« Reply #294 on: August 01, 2007, 08:14:12 PM »

Oh, you made the right choice going with Legally Blonde.  The two of you will love it.

Thanks Julie, I think so.

vixmom

« Reply #295 on: August 01, 2007, 08:15:09 PM »

Spamalot was EXCELLENT!!!

I LOVED the Song that goes like this.....

proabably my favorite song

Julie

« Reply #296 on: August 01, 2007, 08:15:38 PM »

If I try to see Such Good Friends on the 30th at 4:30 will I make it to
the Brain at 8?

Yes, definitely.  The schedules are set up so that you can see both shows in one day and have plenty of time to get from one venue to the other.

Cillaliz

« Reply #297 on: August 01, 2007, 08:17:00 PM »

I LOVED the Song that goes like this.....

proabably my favorite song

I'm all alone.....  that one cracked me up.

vixmom

« Reply #298 on: August 01, 2007, 08:19:43 PM »

I had a great time at Legally Blonde I was actually treated to a performance during preview by a friend who had won 6 tickets

She made us all wear pink and we did, and we were very silly and had a wonderful time!!

vixmom

« Reply #299 on: August 01, 2007, 08:21:08 PM »

Yes, definitely.  The schedules are set up so that you can see both shows in one day and have plenty of time to get from one venue to the other.

cool beans

Now I have to ask Noel if Such Good Friends is appropriate for a 14 year old girl to see....

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12   Go Up