Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12   Go Down

Author Topic: MUCH ADO ABOUT ADO  (Read 44226 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:MUCH ADO ABOUT ADO
« Reply #300 on: August 02, 2007, 09:19:51 PM »

I shan't brush my cats right now.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #301 on: August 02, 2007, 09:20:12 PM »

Will we never get to page eleven?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #302 on: August 02, 2007, 09:20:32 PM »

So it is written, so it shall be done - page eleven.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #303 on: August 02, 2007, 09:20:45 PM »

Will we never get to page twelve?

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #304 on: August 02, 2007, 09:21:25 PM »

I hope that won't deter people from hanging out with me in NY! ;D

well if WE get  fat we can all blame Jose!!!
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #305 on: August 02, 2007, 09:22:25 PM »

I shan't brush my cats right now.

Good! As we've learned, you could lose an arm!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

vixmom

« Reply #306 on: August 02, 2007, 09:23:09 PM »

"fat" is currently anyone twice my weight....

no one here qualifies

you'll just have to  try harder!

Cillaliz

« Reply #307 on: August 02, 2007, 09:24:17 PM »

I have been thinking of your mom every time I brush my cats now...especially the crabby one that bites unexpectedly. (I've discovered that she doesn't like to be brushed hard like the rest of the cats do, so understanding that helps.)

Boo has a certain tolerance level before she turns and snaps at me.  I back off as soon as she seems to be getting unhappy

vixmom

« Reply #308 on: August 02, 2007, 09:25:54 PM »

Good! As we've learned, you could lose an arm!

Thasnk goodness, in my mother's case , she only lost a cat...

he has been relocate to a local "no kill" shelter along with his papers, his teddy bear and a warning that he may bite  

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #309 on: August 02, 2007, 09:34:42 PM »

The Merry Searchers have really been looking for things about a certain record label - I wonder why?  Have they nothing better to do with their time?  The label has a website - go there and search, that's what I say.  Around these here parts, we just don't give a flying Wallenda.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #310 on: August 02, 2007, 09:35:12 PM »

well I wouldn't say no..... although I have just recently devoured a lovely bowl of French Vanilla Icecream covered with fresh blueberries......the fresh antitoxidant fruit of course completely erases any calories that may have been lurking in the icecream

A generous dousing with Cherry Heering will also help kill the calories.

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

vixmom

« Reply #311 on: August 02, 2007, 09:36:39 PM »

well bedtime for this baby

VIBES to all  and to all a goodnight!!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #312 on: August 02, 2007, 09:37:26 PM »

All this fuss because the ex-bridge (now raft) had been declared "structurally deficient" in a 1990 Federal Report.

Many blame throwers seem to think that responsible authorities should have closed the bridge at once and commenced repairs. Now congress is rushing forward to dump a quarter billion of my (well, our) tax dollars on the state to fix the bridge - whose demise casued no more loss of life than a good old fashioned multicar freeway collison.

What about the other 77,000 "structurally deficient" bridges on the same list?

der Brucer

Local media is already blaming Pawlenty and his reluctance to raise the gas tax which lags significantly behind ND (25 cents/gallon) Wisconsin at 31.

There are rural highways in parts of MN that are horrid to drive on and that is no joke. There is one state highway in northcentral MN that is is hazardous to a car's suspension.  I do have to say some of the ND highways are not great. I recall several years ago that they literally had to drag MN to the table to assist in helping to repair two bridges that span the Red River between Fargo and Moorhead. One of the bridges needed to be replaced and denizens were actually clamoring for somehing to be done for it was becoming dangerous to drive on it. ND had it  in the plan to replace it and actually due to MN reluctance to cough up its share they had to wait 5 additional years. It was a very dangerous bridge and I did my best to avoid it when possible before it was replaced. It was very narrow bridge and had issues with loosing chuncks of cement.  

MN tends to take money earmarked for the rural areas and send it to the Twin Cities. needless to say the state of Minnesota has a mess when it comes to funding.

Sadly, it is an issue I think all states and the federal government needs to examine. The roads and other infrastructure are in a sorry state.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2007, 09:47:38 PM by DakotaCelt »
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #313 on: August 02, 2007, 09:37:51 PM »

Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #314 on: August 02, 2007, 09:38:19 PM »

health vibes to Jane!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #315 on: August 02, 2007, 09:42:10 PM »

My roots are about 5 miles south of Minnesota, but from my home town, Minneapolis is just as close as Des Moines or Omaha, so duh, we always went to The Cities.  Sam has modeled up there a number of times and my sister in law works for a TV station maybe 90 minutes south of the Cities. They are sort of ties, but not like DR Ben's

Glad to hear they are safe... My relatives and freinds are safe and sound. My uncle who works for a trucking firm is safe and he had just crossed it a short time before it collapsed.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #316 on: August 02, 2007, 09:44:27 PM »

Vibes to the wee lass Sarah!!  May she kick the c word to Heck and beyond!!

DERBRUCER

« Reply #317 on: August 02, 2007, 09:44:59 PM »

I recall several years ago that they literally had to drag MN to the table to assist in helping to repair two bridges that span the Red River between Fargo and Moorhead. One of the bridges needed to be replaced and denizens were actually clamoring for somehing to be done for it was becoming dangerous to drive on it. ND had it  in the plan to replace it and actually due to MN reluctance to cough up its share they had to wait 5 additional years. It was a very dangerous bridge and I did my best to avoid it when possible before it was replaced. It was very narrow bridge and had issues with loosing chuncks of cement.  

I'd hazard a guess that there are more folks in Fargo who want to visit the Twin Cities than the other way around :D

der Brucer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #318 on: August 02, 2007, 09:49:49 PM »

Are we STILL on page eleven?

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #319 on: August 02, 2007, 09:49:56 PM »

DerBrucer

Probably....

However it also shows the ongoing problems in Minnesota and its government in its reluctance to fund things adequately... However Pawlenty is willing to give big tax breaks to the super rich!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #320 on: August 02, 2007, 09:51:16 PM »

Yep,.... Just grumbling about the roads in MN and the MN governor named Pawlenty... He is not well liked at all in the rural areas.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #321 on: August 02, 2007, 09:57:05 PM »

Even though we've assigned ourselves a near-impossible task, I still am insisting that we go to "Hippiefest" tomorrow night. Our architect is my trock and roll enabler, so we have DH outnumbered.

So we shall see: The Turtles Featuring Flo & Eddie
The Zombies Featuring Colin Blunstone & Rod Argent
Mountain Featuring Leslie West & Corkey Laing
Mitch Ryder Bad Finger Featuring Joey Molland
Denny Laine, Former Leader Singer of The Moody Blues  
Iron Butterfly
Country Joe McDonald
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #322 on: August 02, 2007, 09:57:41 PM »

I am listening to Sylvia Telles - who was the first person to record Jobim songs, apparently.  She died very young in a car crash.  I like her very much.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #323 on: August 02, 2007, 10:03:26 PM »

Yep,.... Just grumbling about the roads in MN and the MN governor named Pawlenty... He is not well liked at all in the rural areas.

I suspect he couldn't care less about the rubes - 60% of the population (read:voters) are the urban dwellers of the Twin Cities. The days of the agricultural/labor (DFL) power bloc are over.

der Brucer

DERBRUCER

« Reply #324 on: August 02, 2007, 10:05:49 PM »

... my trock and roll...

Rolling Stones blaring from a pick-up?

der Brucer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #325 on: August 02, 2007, 10:08:42 PM »

My goodness, we've been on page eleven forever.  Let's not wait till eleven to reach twelve.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #326 on: August 02, 2007, 10:09:37 PM »

Of course, if any of the seventeen GUESTS would get off their unseemly butt cheeks, we might actually reach page twelve.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #327 on: August 02, 2007, 10:32:16 PM »

I suspect he couldn't care less about the rubes - 60% of the population (read:voters) are the urban dwellers of the Twin Cities. The days of the agricultural/labor (DFL) power bloc are over.

der Brucer

a long time ago....

Cillaliz

« Reply #328 on: August 02, 2007, 10:34:56 PM »

Ok, I'll help us get to page 12

Cillaliz

« Reply #329 on: August 02, 2007, 10:35:10 PM »

I mean we are so close
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12   Go Up