Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: THE SEMI-RELAXING DAY  (Read 3954 times)

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
Re: THE SEMI-RELAXING DAY
« Reply #90 on: November 20, 2017, 12:50:36 PM »

Surgery will be Jan. 9.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #91 on: November 20, 2017, 12:50:45 PM »

Four!
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #92 on: November 20, 2017, 12:51:24 PM »

Ginny, how is your nose today?
― Voltaire

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #93 on: November 20, 2017, 01:02:46 PM »

Well, I have verified that the piece of mail that the PO clerk was so nasty about on Friday has been delivered.  Whew!

Good she did her job even if she was nasty.

Jane

« Reply #94 on: November 20, 2017, 01:03:30 PM »

DR John are you pleased with the surgery date?

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #95 on: November 20, 2017, 01:56:05 PM »

And we are home!

Annabelle's temperature has gone down, which pleased Dr Mohr.  They gave her fluid injections and an antibiotic injection, and when she got out of her cage - after bitching at me all the way home - I noticed her checking out her dry food bowl.  I will feed her and Thatch shortly and see if she touches hers.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 02:04:01 PM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #96 on: November 20, 2017, 01:59:01 PM »

I really like Dr Mohr.  She's really wonderful.  I asked her if Annabelle and Thatch would be passing this infection back and forth forever, and she doubts it.  She said that Thatch might have brought it in with him, but if it were lurking like herpes inside Annabelle, it might have been the stress of Thatch's arrival that brought everything up. 

So, I think in two days that I will take the cage apart and turn Thatch loose on our family.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #97 on: November 20, 2017, 02:01:38 PM »

I sent the scans of the two orchestra scores to the London conductor Martin Yates when I returned from City Center.  When Annabelle and I came in, I got this email from him:
You've done a great job and so quickly. It's funny, because  we are all so used to looking at sibelius scores, seeing your handwriting made me feel rather nostalgic.... you see the work that went into the scores and you don't see that with sibelius....

Laura

« Reply #98 on: November 20, 2017, 02:06:54 PM »

Good news about Annabelle. I would suggest that when the time comes, you leave Thatch's cage door open and let him come out when he wants to. Then he can go back in if he wants to do that, too.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #99 on: November 20, 2017, 02:12:38 PM »

I sent the scans of the two orchestra scores to the London conductor Martin Yates when I returned from City Center.  When Annabelle and I came in, I got this email from him:
You've done a great job and so quickly. It's funny, because  we are all so used to looking at sibelius scores, seeing your handwriting made me feel rather nostalgic.... you see the work that went into the scores and you don't see that with sibelius....

Nice!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #100 on: November 20, 2017, 02:21:42 PM »

Good news about Annabelle. I would suggest that when the time comes, you leave Thatch's cage door open and let him come out when he wants to. Then he can go back in if he wants to do that, too.

Excellent idea!  Thank you.

FJL

« Reply #101 on: November 20, 2017, 02:31:46 PM »

That's beautiful!

Laura

« Reply #102 on: November 20, 2017, 02:42:44 PM »

It's nice to have your work appreciated -- on top of getting a paycheck.

ChasSmith

« Reply #103 on: November 20, 2017, 02:43:02 PM »

I LOVE THAT NOTE!!!   :)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #104 on: November 20, 2017, 02:52:15 PM »

Congrats to DR SIBELIUS...I mean DR ELMORE!  Continued Kat Assimilation Vibes.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

ChasSmith

« Reply #105 on: November 20, 2017, 02:52:37 PM »

It's funny, because over the weekend I answered some siren call ... beckoning me to return to my attempts to learn Finale.  I opened one of the tutorials, and sure enough, I found a few things easier to grasp.

Okay, "a few things".  There are a million things.  But hey.

That having been said, I LOVE a good handwritten score, and DR Elmore's are beautiful.

I think this goes back to my first shows during high school years, when we were getting handwritten scores as often as not, to THE MUSIC MAN, CARNIVAL (hmm, I wonder how I happen to still have that one...? - it's probably accrued a few late charges by now...), and others.  Those things shot right into my bloodstream.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #106 on: November 20, 2017, 02:53:12 PM »

Thanks to everyone.  The PET Scan was very interesting.  I came home a fell asleep and missed all of my afternoon shows.....which was NOT a tragedy.....

I will watch for the results online, but even if they show up there, I probably won't know what I'm looking at.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #107 on: November 20, 2017, 02:53:27 PM »

MR BK did you find the missing I-J box of books?

ChasSmith

« Reply #108 on: November 20, 2017, 02:54:50 PM »

And I am off to rehearsal.

Site is working smoothly now, btw.   

Later!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #109 on: November 20, 2017, 03:12:27 PM »

Well, Annabelle turned her nose down at the baby food, and I thought, Jeez, how logn will this continue?

Then, I gave Thatch his dinner of Wellness chicken paté, Wellness kibble, and Meow Mix seafood medley.  As soon as I put the food down and Thatch dug in, Annabelle barged into the cage and started eating his food with him!  So I dumped the Gerber's and gave her the other half of the paté.  She didn't eat much, but it enabled me to give her the second daily dose of .6ml of Clamavox.

Thatch is planning an escape from the cage.  He thinks I don't know it.  Ha ha!
« Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 03:17:26 PM by elmore3003 »

Jane

« Reply #110 on: November 20, 2017, 03:23:49 PM »

Awww, nice :)

Jane

« Reply #111 on: November 20, 2017, 03:24:24 PM »

Just about word for word what I was going to say ;D

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #112 on: November 20, 2017, 03:41:46 PM »

As I walked past the kitchen, I saw Annabelle eating more of her food.

Jane

« Reply #113 on: November 20, 2017, 03:56:44 PM »

Thanks to everyone.  The PET Scan was very interesting.  I came home a fell asleep and missed all of my afternoon shows.....which was NOT a tragedy.....

I will watch for the results online, but even if they show up there, I probably won't know what I'm looking at.

Good or bad, I prefer to look at my test results online in the privacy of my home.  It also gives me time to prepare questions before I see the doctor.

Jane

« Reply #114 on: November 20, 2017, 03:57:23 PM »

Well, Annabelle turned her nose down at the baby food, and I thought, Jeez, how logn will this continue?

Then, I gave Thatch his dinner of Wellness chicken paté, Wellness kibble, and Meow Mix seafood medley.  As soon as I put the food down and Thatch dug in, Annabelle barged into the cage and started eating his food with him!  So I dumped the Gerber's and gave her the other half of the paté.  She didn't eat much, but it enabled me to give her the second daily dose of .6ml of Clamavox.

Thatch is planning an escape from the cage.  He thinks I don't know it.  Ha ha!

:) ;D

Jane

« Reply #115 on: November 20, 2017, 03:57:45 PM »

As I walked past the kitchen, I saw Annabelle eating more of her food.

I believe she is on the road to recovery.

Jane

« Reply #116 on: November 20, 2017, 03:58:22 PM »

Nothing like fluids to make them feel better.  It is good you took her back to the vet today.

Laura

« Reply #117 on: November 20, 2017, 04:08:57 PM »

What happened when she ran into his cage? Did he freak out?

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #118 on: November 20, 2017, 04:10:10 PM »

What happened when she ran into his cage? Did he freak out?

No. He kept eating.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #119 on: November 20, 2017, 04:11:39 PM »

I look at my test results online and think, well, the doctor will tell me what's good or bad.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up