Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: SO LET ME GET RIGHT TO THE POINT  (Read 9605 times)

Cillaliz

Re: SO LET ME GET RIGHT TO THE POINT
« Reply #120 on: July 30, 2011, 08:56:06 PM »

It was also very hot.  We bought some lemonade from some kids across from the auction.  Then headed back to the lake

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #121 on: July 30, 2011, 08:56:36 PM »

Congrats DR CILLA LIZ.....of course we want photos.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #122 on: July 30, 2011, 08:58:17 PM »

Time to eat and watch a movie.....a remake of THE LETTER with Ann Sheridan and Lew Ayres.....
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Cillaliz

« Reply #123 on: July 30, 2011, 08:59:59 PM »

For the first time in a couple years, I went swimming.  Man, did that feel good.  Then I showered. After that, I FINALLY felt like I wasn't dehydrated anymore.   I hung around with the family until about 7:15 or so, then drove home.

Cillaliz

« Reply #124 on: July 30, 2011, 09:00:09 PM »

We had gingham inn chicken...my fav

Cillaliz

« Reply #125 on: July 30, 2011, 09:01:38 PM »

I met my niece's "boyfriend" tonight.  He seems pleasant enough, the jury is still out on what will happen next.  By bro and his wife seem pretty smitten with him.

Cillaliz

« Reply #126 on: July 30, 2011, 09:02:33 PM »

Congrats DR CILLA LIZ.....of course we want photos.

Oh not much to take photos of.  I did get a silver service.  It's not sterling, but I've always wanted one.  Then mom decided to give me one she had...so I came home with two of them, lol

Cillaliz

« Reply #127 on: July 30, 2011, 09:02:58 PM »

Now I'm really sleepy.  Going to try to sleep through the night

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #128 on: July 30, 2011, 09:06:24 PM »

In an attempt to fend off withdrawal from DOWNTON ABBEY, we're rewatching GOSFORD PARK.  I had forgotten how funny Bob Balaban is in this movie.  "Alan Mowbray's a good idea--these people look like Alan Mowbray, plus he speaks with a British accent.  These people talk like they're from England.  Is Claudette Colbert available?  She's British isn't she, or is she just affected?"  ;)
I bought that movie, "Gosford Park," because of "Downton Abbey," but I haven't watched it yet. Well, "Downton" and the Altman connection. Guess I'll have to give it a shot this week.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #129 on: July 30, 2011, 09:06:47 PM »

Dinner with friends tonight. Nice wine, nice food. I plan to sleep well tonight.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #130 on: July 30, 2011, 09:07:57 PM »

FJL, I feel very honored to have been the subject of one of your lyrics. I can't begin to tell you how that made my day.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #131 on: July 30, 2011, 09:09:38 PM »

Night, all.
― Voltaire

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #132 on: July 30, 2011, 10:58:59 PM »

BK:

I have a question (I know its not Wednesday, but if I don't ask it now I'll forget by Wednesday) I am watching the "Roadshow" version of South Pacific. (DVD release)  only haThe restored footage is a lot "paler" than the "General Release" version. Perhaps you know the answer to this:

I was wondering why couldn't they fix the color to match the balance of the film. According to the commentary they only had a postive print. Couldn't they have fix the color through the same process you did with The First Nudie Musical?

I would have had to see what they were going from but I think they left it as is so it would seem like they hadn't done the work and so those clips would be recognizable.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #133 on: July 30, 2011, 11:03:51 PM »

Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #134 on: July 30, 2011, 11:59:15 PM »

Whoops, just realized I had skipped the notes and the annoucement was there--did BK really mean to do that?  He's never done that before as far as I can recall.

I was about to ask the same thing.

Is this the first time that he did not start the Notes with "Well, dear readers..."?!?!?

And I'm wondering if the official announcement is now starting off with the first part of today's Notes. ::)

I was quite surprised about not seeing "Well, dear readers...".  I remember BK posting some time ago about how proud he was about his unending streak of having started his posts with "Well, dear readers..." more times than anyone in the world. :-\
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #135 on: July 30, 2011, 11:59:39 PM »

Gratuitous Post #135.

:D

George

« Reply #136 on: July 31, 2011, 12:01:45 AM »

Today, my cousin John and his wife Angel came up from Oregon to visit for the weekend.  They're staying with my sister.  Our parents came over and when John and Angel got there, we had nachos and tiramisu cake for dessert.  It was all quite good.  We played a few games of Sorry! and I lost every one. :P

George

« Reply #137 on: July 31, 2011, 12:02:52 AM »

I have no idea what we're doing tomorrow.  I just know that we're all meeting at my sister's house at 2:00 pm.

George

« Reply #138 on: July 31, 2011, 12:05:26 AM »

So, a few months ago, I bought the UK release of the UK movie, Christopher and His Kind, about Christopher Isherwood and his time in Berlin, where he got his ideas to write his books that became the inspiration for the musical Cabaret.  This is the cover of the original British DVD.  You know right away that it's about gay men:
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 12:25:14 AM by George »

George

« Reply #139 on: July 31, 2011, 12:09:26 AM »

Well, I just noticed on Amazon.com that the US release available.  This is the cover for the US version...notice how completely different it is from the original UK version.  It gives a completely different idea of what the movie's about:

George

« Reply #140 on: July 31, 2011, 12:10:10 AM »

I just thought that it was interesting.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #141 on: July 31, 2011, 12:42:29 AM »

Oh, my Lord in heaven - I had no idea what ANYONE was talking about in regards to the announcement in the notes.  I wrote part one of the notes as I always do in a Word doc and then I cut and paste into the form I use.  I have no idea what happened but somehow the raw announcement, before I'd done the cutting of it for the real announcement ended up in part one of the notes.  So part one of the notes aren't even notes and I'm going in to rectify that right now.  Unbelievable!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up