Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: A SUNDAY FUN-THROUGH  (Read 3336 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: A SUNDAY FUN-THROUGH
« Reply #60 on: November 25, 2019, 01:08:13 PM »

Just heard from the authoring place - he's on his way here with two check discs, one of which should NOT work, and one of which he's hoping will.  If the one works then the problem has been solved.  He thinks when a change to the check disc was made that some kind of coding was introduced that is causing this problem, but only on certain players.  We had a different issue with the same result on a CD - some players played, some couldn't and it was a similar issue.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #61 on: November 25, 2019, 01:22:08 PM »

I shall review shortly.....I just tested the NAKED SPACE....haven't viewed it yet....but I shall.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #62 on: November 25, 2019, 01:23:09 PM »

My trash broke the trash truck today.....they pulled forward a few yards and stopped and flipped open the hood.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #63 on: November 25, 2019, 01:37:19 PM »

Well, we now have a copy that plays in the OPPO so that problem is now solved and they'll replicate that version that should play in anything - I suspect some people won't need it at all as it will play fine as it did for JohnG and on Jrand's older player.  We'll do a statement and then anyone who wants a replacement disc can have one.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #64 on: November 25, 2019, 01:45:32 PM »

The Creature (and guests*) have arrived in Tumwater!! :D

*Guests include Ben Bagley's Kurt Weill Revisited, Volume 2; and Ben Bagley's Shoestring Revue; and my Indiegogo perks:  The Creature Wasn't Nice shooting script, and the original Colette Collage album art variations!  Wow!  Are these vibrant! :-*
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #65 on: November 25, 2019, 01:46:27 PM »

I just went through all the Creature menu items on the (fairly new) USB-player that I have here at work.  Everything pretty much worked.  Can't wait to watch it all at home!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #66 on: November 25, 2019, 01:46:43 PM »

Speaking of Moonshine & Mistletoe, here's the "big song":
https://soundcloud.com/user5614139/my-love-brought-me-summer-mix2

That's really nice, Larry.

George

« Reply #67 on: November 25, 2019, 01:46:53 PM »

I got an email from my friend who commissioned the choral arrangement.  It arrived safely in LA and a check is in the works.  That should cover some of the December rent.

That's some good news, at least.

George

« Reply #68 on: November 25, 2019, 01:47:10 PM »

TOD:

The Irishman
Little Women
Knives Out
The King
Marriage Story

I had no idea there was another Little Women coming out so soon after the BBC-Masterpiece Theatre production.

Why does there have to be another Little Women?? :-\ How many times has it been filmed?

George

« Reply #69 on: November 25, 2019, 01:47:27 PM »

...and how many different musical versions are there??

George

« Reply #70 on: November 25, 2019, 01:47:42 PM »

There is a new Star Wars movie coming out in December.

That's the one I'm most looking forward to. :)

George

« Reply #71 on: November 25, 2019, 01:47:59 PM »

Good morning!

I'm running props for the The Man Who Came to Dinner (the gazillion props!), and as you know Banjo/Barry Pearl steals the cook's cream puff and stuffs it in his mouth.   To prep this "puff",  I  tried Reddi-Whip on a sliced open croissant, we can't use a real cream puff because there's too much pastry.  Unfortunately, when Barry said his lines, the Reddi-Whip flew on the stage,  it was funny but it's a slip hazard as no one has time to wipe it up.  So I tried Cool Whip, it worked but is gross to eat a scoop of it.  I stuffed the most recent cream puff with Chobani Greek whole milk yoghurt, very dense and TART.  This stayed stuck in Barry's  mouth, like a mouthful of cream cheese, making it hard for him to say his lines but also hilarious  :D.

Have a great day. One of my kiddos is coming home for Thxgiving :) very happy.

Oh, the joys and horrors of props! ::)

George

« Reply #72 on: November 25, 2019, 01:48:08 PM »

My friend, the much hated theatre critic John Simon, has died at the age of 94. He could be a major pain and we often disagreed about shows - he could be very cruel - but he made for stimulating conversation, and he remains one of the most intelligent people I've ever known.

My condolences on the loss of your friend, Larry.  But wow...94 years old.  That's certainly a life lived.

George

« Reply #73 on: November 25, 2019, 01:48:19 PM »

My trash broke the trash truck today.....they pulled forward a few yards and stopped and flipped open the hood.

That's some powerful trash, Jrand!

ChasSmith

« Reply #74 on: November 25, 2019, 02:09:23 PM »

DR Jrand69, it's not cool to save up a whole truckload of trash and make them take it all in one load in addition to everyone else's.  :D

ChasSmith

« Reply #75 on: November 25, 2019, 02:09:46 PM »

Check disc vibes for BK!

ChasSmith

« Reply #76 on: November 25, 2019, 02:10:37 PM »

Well, here I go.

You know where.  Oh yes, you do.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #77 on: November 25, 2019, 02:31:56 PM »

Well it was a SMALL dead body......

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #78 on: November 25, 2019, 02:45:35 PM »

The new printer arrived and I spent the past hour unpacking, setting up, and taking the broken one to the basement.  It's working fine, so I'm not complaining.

Good.  What kind did you get?

Hewlett Packard Deskjet, same as before.

Thanks.

Jane

« Reply #79 on: November 25, 2019, 02:45:51 PM »

The new printer arrived and I spent the past hour unpacking, setting up, and taking the broken one to the basement.  It's working fine, so I'm not complaining.

Good.  What kind did you get?

Hewlett Packard Deskjet, same as before.

Is it kitty proof?

Vibes it is :)

Jane

« Reply #80 on: November 25, 2019, 02:47:53 PM »

Oh my.  At least they got your trash first ;)

Jane

« Reply #81 on: November 25, 2019, 02:48:54 PM »

There is a new Star Wars movie coming out in December.

That's the one I'm most looking forward to. :)

I also want to see the new tv show.

Jane

« Reply #82 on: November 25, 2019, 02:49:25 PM »

DR Jrand69, it's not cool to save up a whole truckload of trash and make them take it all in one load in addition to everyone else's.  :D

;D

Jane

« Reply #83 on: November 25, 2019, 02:49:36 PM »

FJL

« Reply #84 on: November 25, 2019, 02:56:13 PM »

Jrand, is your house OK?

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #85 on: November 25, 2019, 04:18:32 PM »

Hello, everyone.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #86 on: November 25, 2019, 04:31:07 PM »

Lots of annoyances...

I thought I might check out Angie's List to see if I could find another cleaning person. I clicked on PLANNING AND BUDGETING vs READY TO BOOK and did NOT request a quote. I received a list of cleaning agencies in my area, some of whom had horrible reviews--sent more crew than needed, then charged the customer even for the crew members who were idle--and none of whom addressed one of my requirements. I was then barraged with emails, thanking me for submitting a quote request and going on and on about how wonderful they were. When I tried to explain that I had NOT submitted a quote request, I got even more emails. This is Frankenstein software. Software should ASSIST humans, not take their place. And the software should understand when you're telling it you're not interested. The fault lies with both Angie's List and the cleaning agencies who responded so aggressively to my non-request. I sent both strongly-worded replies, but since no human appears to be involved I question whether they got my message. Ugh! This is so unnecessary. Software doesn't have to be this way. It's a reflection of thwarted minds.

I will stick with my usual method of seeking out people I've met and know to be good workers. Unfortunately, I don't meet that many!

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #87 on: November 25, 2019, 04:40:19 PM »

I read Jane's post the other day about coyotes threatening the dogs. A neighbor told me this morning that a delivery person threw a package over a fence, killing a small dog.

I had a neighbor in Virginia who was quite compulsive. When the garbage men didn't pick up an item in the alley where we put out our trash, she'd throw it back over the fence! I had a glass-topped patio table. She never hit it, but I was so uncomfortable with her behavior that I called the police. An officer talked to her. He didn't accuse and she didn't admit. Not long after that the City changed the trash collection to the street,  and that was the end of the issue.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #88 on: November 25, 2019, 04:46:57 PM »

I braved Trader Joe's today. I knew it'd be crowded--and it was--but at least it wasn't mobbed. A few weeks ago I bought a very good apple tart there and hoped to buy another. Alas, no apple tarts. I don't like pumpkin pie and everything else looked too gooey.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #89 on: November 25, 2019, 04:48:45 PM »

I have not heard from Joshie, so I will go in to City Center this morning and look over whatever work he's finished.  He leaves for family tomorrow and then he's off to the My Fair Lady band rehearsals, so I will not be seeing himn for the next two weeks.  When he gets back, we will rush into more Mack & Mabel work.

A new production of MACK & MABEL? A new CD?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up