Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: ANTICIPATION  (Read 11323 times)

MBarnum

Re: ANTICIPATION
« Reply #90 on: October 05, 2010, 12:27:43 PM »

Page 4 Jason Beghe dance.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #91 on: October 05, 2010, 12:34:50 PM »

Last week, 109 degrees.  Today, around sixty.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #92 on: October 05, 2010, 12:35:33 PM »

Went and had a toasted sesame bagel and some matzo brei at Jerry's.  So, later, I may just have a salad or soup somewhere.

Laura

« Reply #93 on: October 05, 2010, 12:39:26 PM »

The gas company is digging up my pipeline.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2010, 12:45:17 PM by Laura »
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Cillaliz

« Reply #94 on: October 05, 2010, 12:48:57 PM »

DR CILLA LIZ - your interpretation of your dream was right on the money.

So does that mean I need to put money in my own paypal account? :)

MBarnum

« Reply #95 on: October 05, 2010, 01:03:17 PM »

Oregon State University's diversity awareness campaign resulted in this wonderful Flash Mob moment of Bollywood dancing!

It really is very cool!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMnZTkTTRZ4

Cillaliz

« Reply #96 on: October 05, 2010, 01:07:34 PM »

I don't remember a thing about the storyline of Branded, but I remember the opening

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKmJPnAGUJk

Cillaliz

« Reply #97 on: October 05, 2010, 01:10:11 PM »

VERY cool FJL!!! Congrats!

Cillaliz

« Reply #98 on: October 05, 2010, 01:11:08 PM »

I have a ton of work to do, but I think I need to go get a diet DR. Pepper and a snickers bar....I'll be back....

Cillaliz

« Reply #99 on: October 05, 2010, 01:12:07 PM »

Ever since that stupid commercial, every time I see "anticipation" I think of ketchup

Laura

« Reply #100 on: October 05, 2010, 01:13:23 PM »

congratulations on your nomination, DR FJL!

Cason

• The time is nigh!
« Reply #101 on: October 05, 2010, 01:39:57 PM »

Hello all - I heard the call and as one of the errant and truant, I have returned, my tail between my legs. 
Just started my first official day as the Americorps member/Technical Director for the Prescott Fine Arts Association, although I've been working here "unofficially" for the past two months.  In the midst of "Ghost Talk" rehearsals along with rehearsals for "Dirty Rotten Scoundrels" as well.  On top of concerts, events, doing inventory of 40 years' worth of donations/props/costumes/equipment. 

...but a job in theatre is nothing to complain about!  :)
Art touches people in ways that words can't and my goal in life is to touch as many people as possible.

Laura

« Reply #102 on: October 05, 2010, 02:02:49 PM »

Hiya Cason! I guess we are neighbors now!

Well, I guess we have been, but you haven't been around these parts.

Tell Miss Karen that the latest foster mom cat is named "Miss Karen."

Laura

« Reply #103 on: October 05, 2010, 02:03:35 PM »

So, I guess my pipline was not simply a spot-check. Apparently there was an abnormal reading. They say they fixed it.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #104 on: October 05, 2010, 02:19:39 PM »

My computer passed away over a week ago.  Thanks totally to the kindness of a wonderful friend, I once again have a computer at home.

Welcome back, TCB!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #105 on: October 05, 2010, 02:19:59 PM »

Very nice to see the lovelier than lovely Cason Murphy back where he belongs :)

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #106 on: October 05, 2010, 02:22:38 PM »

This is a radio interview that I did about 3 weeks ago for a Florida-based show called MAN TALK.

It takes a couple of minutes before I come on, but it went rather well, I think.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/mantalk/2010/09/22/mantalk-with-bill-and-brent-1061
You can dream…or you can do.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #107 on: October 05, 2010, 02:23:23 PM »

Picked up three packages - one was Peter Filichia's new book, one was the new Blu and Ray of Beauty and the Beast, and one was the new Blu and Ray (import) of The Young Girls of Rochefort.  Very exciting.  The latter got a horrible "review" on amazon.fr which I only read after I'd ordered the blu-ray.  But it had gotten stellar marks on a French website.  I popped it in just to see if it was a total disaster - I HATED the 1996 "restoration" that Mr. Demy's widow did - it was a muddy, ugly mess in the theater.  The DVDs were actually worse, but each time a new DVD would come out anywhere I'd buy it in hopes it would somehow be better.  I'll have more to say when I finish watching tonight, but the Blu-Ray is absolutely spectacular - a miracle of a transfer - sharp, gorgeous color, and everything the "restoration" and previous transfers should have been.  Bravo.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #108 on: October 05, 2010, 02:24:05 PM »

I'm doing a radio interview on Thursday at eleven - Jeanne Wolf, whose show is syndicated all over the country.  I'll know more about it tomorrow.

Cason

• The time is nigh!
« Reply #109 on: October 05, 2010, 02:28:11 PM »

Hiya Cason! I guess we are neighbors now!

Well, I guess we have been, but you haven't been around these parts.

Tell Miss Karen that the latest foster mom cat is named "Miss Karen."

Too cute!  I'm sure she'd be delighted to know that.  :)
Art touches people in ways that words can't and my goal in life is to touch as many people as possible.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #110 on: October 05, 2010, 02:43:30 PM »

I got a phone call last night saying that I'm one of the eight "finalists for the Fred Ebb Foundation award."  Highly unlikely for me to win, but after talking to Jose - who seems to know of such things - and then on that basis knowing what to look for in doing some searching on the net, it does seem that "Fred Ebb Award finalist" (while obviously not anywhere near the value of getting the award) is included on the sites and such of some up-and-coming writers, so "finalist" could be an end in and of itself.

And DR Julie, if you're reading this, thanks.  Julie basically picked out which songs I should include on the CD out of so many I gave her to listen to.

I was wondering whether i should take off some of my Kander-and-Ebb parodies on the net lest someone happen across them while deliberating, but they're so much more tribute-like towards Mr. Ebb and Mr. Kander in their commenting than anything else, so i haven't done anything like that yet.

Fantastic news, DR FJL! Congratulations.

I am catching up. I will report on today's session when I get to page 4.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #111 on: October 05, 2010, 02:45:57 PM »

I hope Cason is proud of me for learning how to post events on Facebook without his help :)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #112 on: October 05, 2010, 02:46:33 PM »

Ninety minute to rehearsal.  I'm afraid to jog - every time I go outside it's drizzling.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #113 on: October 05, 2010, 02:46:43 PM »

Listening to CDs.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #114 on: October 05, 2010, 02:55:46 PM »

Unbelievable punchline department:  some of you (both of you who read my posts LOL) may remember my internet mishegos.  We thought it was fixed but it's been spotty for the past couple of days so I called the Qwest tech in Boise.  He looked and said we had some major problems, that it looked like there was a short in our line.  He was about to dispatch a tech when he said, "Wait a minute--check one thing.  What input do you have the phone cord going into?"  I told him and he said it had been put in the wrong input by the original tech who came out and set up our internet months ago.  So I switched it and suddenly I have really fast internet with no service interruptions.  I simply can't believe it.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #115 on: October 05, 2010, 03:06:30 PM »

hello again. It was another good day. We had George Dvorsky first thing this morning on two solos, and he then recorded with Daniel Marcus a number written for the 1905 tour of BABES IN TOYLAND called "Don't Be A Villain." Following that Mr Ron Raines showed up and Ron and Daniel recorded a comedy song for sailors, "A Nautical Song In High C," which was written in D-major! Ron left and Daniel recorded an unpublished comedy song, "She's A Doggone Lovable Girl." Tomorrow he comes back to record the remainder of his songs. After a short break, Rose Sullivan arrived and recorded one of the German lied, Du ahnst is nicht, and two arias written for Jessie Bartlett Davis from his first operetta, PRINCE ANANIAS of 1894. Miss Davis' claim to fame is that she was Alan-a-Dale in the premiere of the operetta ROBIN HOOD and became famous for singing "O Promise Me."

Tomorrow we need vibes because I am not sure how to handle a situation: one of my tenors was still a tenor in April when he hired him and he's now a baritone. He's got a couple of numbers to be recorded tomorrow that he wants lowered and i want a second tenor on this recording. Since I'm fond of the singer, I'm not sure how to proceed. He's got a couple of things that will be fine but there are a couple of numbers that I am not sure I now want him singing and I'm a little miffed that the musical director waited until today to drop this on me.

I'm thinking this: we record him tomorrow, pay him and hire another tenor to come in at the end of the year and re-record the numbers. I need to call the producer and discuss this with him tonight.

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #116 on: October 05, 2010, 03:10:05 PM »

I think your plan with the singer is good - although, he might surprise you and you might be happy with the result.  If you're not, then you can get someone else.  But keep an open mind - it's hard for people our age, but I find it always comes in handy :)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #117 on: October 05, 2010, 03:25:23 PM »

I think your plan with the singer is good - although, he might surprise you and you might be happy with the result.  If you're not, then you can get someone else.  But keep an open mind - it's hard for people our age, but I find it always comes in handy :)

Here's the problem: I have baritones up the wazoo: Ron Raines, Aaron Lazar, George Dvorsky, Jonathan Michie, and Steven LaBrie. I wanted three tenors, a comedian (Marcus), the high light tenor who's turned out much better than I predicted after being unhappy with him, and a dramatic one, which I no longer have. We recorded a beautiful rendition of John McCormack's hit "Molly," but it got recorded in the lower key yesterday, and if i'd wanted the Irish folk songs to be sung by a baritone instead of a tenor and baritone, I'd have had Michie record them all. I should have been told of this problem a month ago and replaced him on some of the numbers.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #118 on: October 05, 2010, 03:35:10 PM »

Well, you know the music, so you know what's best.  Too bad Guy Haines is not a tenor. 

Cason

• The time is nigh!
« Reply #119 on: October 05, 2010, 03:36:03 PM »

I hope Cason is proud of me for learning how to post events on Facebook without his help :)

The baby FB bird has ventured out from his nest!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Up