Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: PONDERING THE FRENCH FRY  (Read 14267 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: PONDERING THE FRENCH FRY
« Reply #90 on: March 02, 2010, 11:38:03 AM »

Post deleted.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #91 on: March 02, 2010, 11:38:12 AM »

Cranberries.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #92 on: March 02, 2010, 11:38:18 AM »

Nut clusters.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #93 on: March 02, 2010, 11:38:27 AM »

Damn them, damn them all to hell.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #94 on: March 02, 2010, 11:57:34 AM »

My sister Molly is in the top five of a caption contest.

This is the link.....the second cartoon.....her caption is:

I told you not to smoke when you were pregnant.

If you would like to vote for her.

http://splendidmarbles.com/2010/03/01/cartoons/splendid-marbles-cartoon-caption-contest-52/
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #95 on: March 02, 2010, 12:16:37 PM »

If Tuesday Weld married Fredric March, and they had a daughter and named her after her mother, the little girl would be:

Tuesday, March the Second.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #96 on: March 02, 2010, 12:48:12 PM »

Hmmmmm...watching SOUTHLAND marathon on TNT since I didn't see the premiere episode last year.

LAPD just id'd a car by license plate.....1964 Impala....

Only except.....the car is a 1963 Impala....not that many people would notice except some of us.....

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #97 on: March 02, 2010, 12:48:44 PM »

Thank you all for the vibes, DRs! They are appreciated and it's a good incentive to perk up things. Yo add to the bad news, hospice has told my cousin that my Uncle Bob has about two weeks left. I hope it's a wift and painless passing.

It was great to see my friend Skip Kennon today and to talk via phone to DR FJL. There's been no further word from last night's phone call and I hope things remain like that.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #98 on: March 02, 2010, 01:16:40 PM »

I did get one more MATT HOUSTON episode watched before I started fixing lunch. Hugh O'Brian was the primary guest star in a kidnap/murder story not up to some of the others.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #99 on: March 02, 2010, 01:18:01 PM »

While I ate lunch I watched last night's DAMAGES. Oh, my, so many secrets and so much sneaking around. It's such a good show.

Matt H.

« Reply #100 on: March 02, 2010, 01:23:37 PM »

Then I watched GENTLEMEN BRONCOS. It's made by the same husband and wife team that did NAPOLEON DYNAMITE. Both are about quirky, odd people living in a world that doesn't resemble real life. NAPOLEON was weird but its freshness took me by surprise and it was tolerable if not completely successful.

This is just painfully unfunny with good actors (Jennifer Coolidge, Sam Rockwell, Jemaine Clement) not used well. And the lead is played by Michael Angarano (who played Jack's son on WILL & GRACE). He's a graceless and rather bland actor, not someone I felt very comfortable with. (Jon Heder was the kid in NAPOLEON DYNAMITE and he was much more ingratiating.)

Matt H.

« Reply #101 on: March 02, 2010, 01:26:13 PM »

I had time to sample the commentary (unexceptional, rather uninteresting frankly) and look at all the bonus features: bloopers, five deleted scenes, a 15 minute behind-the-scenes documentary (not organized very well), and 18 little behind-the-scenes vignettes of 1-2 minutes each that were made to play on the Fox Movie Channel to promote the film.

Matt H.

« Reply #102 on: March 02, 2010, 01:27:36 PM »

When I go back down, I'll skim through today's soaps, I'll likely watch either CHUCK or one of the LAW & ORDER episodes, and then see how many MATT HUSTON episodes I can squeeze in before I start watching NCIS around 8:30.

At least tonight I don't have to watch LOST "live" and can back up and rerun something if I need to see it again.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #103 on: March 02, 2010, 01:38:53 PM »

Yes, DRUXY, I watched L&O last night and liked it, other than the missing beard on Jeremy Sisto.  He just looks weird without it.  Do you know who played the killer's mother?  She looked so familiar, but IMDb doesn't have complete episode cast lists up yet.

Sorry, no idea who played the role.
You can dream…or you can do.

Matt H.

« Reply #104 on: March 02, 2010, 01:49:37 PM »

The weathermen were right. We did get some snow this afternoon. It was too warm to stay on the ground, but it snowed about 30 minutes before turning into rain.

Matt H.

« Reply #105 on: March 02, 2010, 01:49:52 PM »

Well, I guess I'd better hop off-line and do some writing.

WBBL.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #106 on: March 02, 2010, 01:56:05 PM »

For the first time in a while there is a lot of new stuff on tv tonight. Is anybody else gonna sample the new NBC show with Lauren Graham called PARENTHOOD. I love her so I am definitely gonna watch (even though it's on the same time as THE GOOD WIFE).

We have it set to record.  I'll be surprised if we stick with it.

How do you know before you've seen it?

I really don't know what to expect. But i do love Lauren Graham. So hopefully it will be good.

And don't forget a new GOOD WIFE tonight at the same time.

I saw that Craig T. Nelson was in it, so I set it to record.  I'm not familiar with Graham.  I've seen a few more previews for the show & wasn't keen on the plot.  The show looks like it might be very good, just not of interest.  Of course I don't really know until I watch.

Thanks, I will double check "Wife" is set to record.  We can record 2 shows at the same time.

Jane

« Reply #107 on: March 02, 2010, 02:00:39 PM »

Peaceful ending vibes for Bob, DH of DR elmore!!

Jane

« Reply #108 on: March 02, 2010, 02:04:02 PM »

Just had a call from the vet.  Sherlock's teeth are cleaned & the tooth she has been watching for a year did not need a root canal or pulling. :)

Our vet loves doing dental work & is getting a second dental degree.  Last year when we cleaned his teeth she couldn't have done the root canal she suspected he needed.  She has learned a lot since then, including how to be sure if he needed it. 

We needed to get the cleaning done now since she is due to deliver her first child in April.  We/she didn't want to wait & risk her going into labor in the middle of a root canal.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #109 on: March 02, 2010, 02:36:31 PM »

Good morning, all! This has been another morning with unhappy news and I am feeling rather depressed over the whole nonsense.  I got an email this morning from the realtor in Ohio about his version of the phone call with my brother Randy, and he did indeed lie to me about the realtor's phone call. I'm very saddened by the news so I wrote Randy, and copied it to his wife who wants to sell the property as much as I do.

So, I'm mourning dead and missing friends, a resignation, sibling angst, and other failures and very unhappy over all of it. Tonight, I'm seeing Rebecca Luker in concert and some friends and colleagues, and I'm hoping that cheers me up. I have to head downtown shortly: I've got to pay my accountant and sign my tax returns, deal with an inquiry to my HMO, and do some edits with Skip Kennon at Toyland. I can only hope my spirits pick up.

~~~HUGS AND SUPER VIBES OF COMFORT FOR DR LARRY!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #110 on: March 02, 2010, 02:43:18 PM »

My sister Molly is in the top five of a caption contest.

This is the link.....the second cartoon.....her caption is:

I told you not to smoke when you were pregnant.

If you would like to vote for her.

http://splendidmarbles.com/2010/03/01/cartoons/splendid-marbles-cartoon-caption-contest-52/

I voted!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #111 on: March 02, 2010, 02:45:52 PM »

TOD - I'm hoping against hope that I don't have real-life experience with courtroom drama next week or the next.  I'm on call for jury duty in our county's Court of Common Pleas, which means I have to call or check online starting this Friday to find out if I have to report the following business day.  I got out of this a few years ago because my work schedule was packed for the 2 weeks they wanted me, but this time I don't have a good excuse - unless my doctor tells me tomorrow that he can get me a medical waiver.

My mom just got called for jury duty, also...but it's the very first time that she's EVER been called up for it.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #112 on: March 02, 2010, 02:47:21 PM »

Good Afternoon!

We finished an hour early today... Aahhhh.... :)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #113 on: March 02, 2010, 02:47:49 PM »

So, since I have an extra hour to just chill and relax, well... I believe I shall do just that.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #114 on: March 02, 2010, 02:48:16 PM »

Larry - Accept Happiness. Share Happiness. Live Happiness.
Make Your Own Luck.

George

« Reply #115 on: March 02, 2010, 02:59:18 PM »

For the first time in a while there is a lot of new stuff on tv tonight. Is anybody else gonna sample the new NBC show with Lauren Graham called PARENTHOOD. I love her so I am definitely gonna watch (even though it's on the same time as THE GOOD WIFE).

I want to watch this.  I'll have to record it, though.  I'll be watching "Lost" and something else.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #116 on: March 02, 2010, 03:04:15 PM »

And now that I've caught up....
Make Your Own Luck.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #117 on: March 02, 2010, 03:06:19 PM »

Here is a story that is sure to upset some.

They are probably going to cut USPS down to five days a week.  We only have mail here monday to friday. I don't know anything different as that is what i am used to. It sucks when you are waiting for something. BUt you get used to it.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/USPS-to-propose-5day-mail-cnnm-4552368.html?x=0

They have talked about that for years.  I think they should just go ahead and be done with it.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #118 on: March 02, 2010, 03:09:13 PM »

DR Jeanne - If you primarily want to use your rice cooker to cook rice, just go to a Asian supermarket - or K-Mart - and buy the cheapest one you can find. You can find a small one for around $10-15.  They're very easy to use, and basically "set it and forget it".  Now, if you really want to get fancy and spend more than a couple more dollars on one with "fuzzy logic", well, more power to you.  -Black & Decker also makes a very basic model.

*I've tried using my rice maker for something other than rice, and, frankly, I'd rather use the stove top for things like soups, stew and such. -And if you look closely at some "fancier" recipes, they call for cooking the ingredients "elsewhere", and then combining and finish cooking them in the rice cooker. Not really a "one pot wonder".
Make Your Own Luck.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #119 on: March 02, 2010, 03:09:23 PM »

TOD - I'm hoping against hope that I don't have real-life experience with courtroom drama next week or the next.  I'm on call for jury duty in our county's Court of Common Pleas, which means I have to call or check online starting this Friday to find out if I have to report the following business day.  I got out of this a few years ago because my work schedule was packed for the 2 weeks they wanted me, but this time I don't have a good excuse - unless my doctor tells me tomorrow that he can get me a medical waiver.

Ginny, I am surprised at you!  I think jury duty is not only an obligation, but an honor as well.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up