Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: PONDERING THE FRENCH FRY  (Read 14263 times)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
Re: PONDERING THE FRENCH FRY
« Reply #120 on: March 02, 2010, 03:10:09 PM »

What the hell is going on with Naomi Campbell? That woman is a mess.

I'm off to dinner and a concert!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #121 on: March 02, 2010, 03:10:23 PM »

DR JEANNE--Betsy uses a rice cooker/steamer all the time and loves it.  She also uses it regularly to steam veggies.  Even I know how to use it, so that should allay any fears that it's at all difficult.  ;)

I would need a statement from Betsy to verify that fact.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #122 on: March 02, 2010, 03:10:37 PM »

Cranberries!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #123 on: March 02, 2010, 03:11:05 PM »

As for the "pre-release" of Love Never Dies, well...

ALW is just going with the precedent he set with Jesus Christ Superstar and even Evita.  -Even though "cast recordings" were eventually released, the concept albums could have stood "as is".
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #124 on: March 02, 2010, 03:11:57 PM »

DR elmore - Have a great time at Jazz at Lincoln Center with Rebecca Luker.  I'm glad she was able to get rescheduled after having to cancel earlier this season due to illness.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #125 on: March 02, 2010, 03:12:37 PM »

DR George - Congrats on your Grand Cleaning!!!  -And Congrats to your Mom too. ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #126 on: March 02, 2010, 03:14:29 PM »

DR Ginny - I shall email you tonight regarding meeting up in Lexington, KY, tomorrow night....

We're looking forward to it, DR Jose!  As you're scoping out places for dinner, remember we'll have a car...

I shall.  Alas, at this point, I probably won't be able to scout out a place to dine until I get to Lexington tomorrow afternoon.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #127 on: March 02, 2010, 03:17:32 PM »

DR JMK - A belated Congratulations to you and your family on the official acquisition of your new manse!
Make Your Own Luck.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #128 on: March 02, 2010, 03:18:41 PM »

DR Laura, re: Kate Gosselin on DANCING WITH THE STARS.

Apparently she and Tony will be rehearsing where she lives (is it PA somewhere?). I would guess that most/all of her kids would be in school. So that would leave her free during the day.  She is going to also rehearse in her basement after they go to bed.

I guess celebrities such as Kate Gosselin don't do laundry when the children are asleep or at school.

;D

Well reportedly you get around $200K just for agreeing to do the show (more if you last longer). So maybe she can hire someone to do her laundry.

Or maybe she can hire someone to parent her children!
“One thing’s universal,

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #129 on: March 02, 2010, 03:20:44 PM »

And now...

Time for me to head back out again.

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #130 on: March 02, 2010, 03:21:42 PM »

Cranberries deleted.
“One thing’s universal,

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #131 on: March 02, 2010, 03:31:33 PM »

DR George - Congrats on your Grand Cleaning!!!  -And Congrats to your Mom too. ;)

Thanks!  And thanks...I think. ::)

:D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #132 on: March 02, 2010, 03:32:13 PM »

Peaceful ending vibes for Bob, DH of DR elmore!!

I am not focusing very well today, Jane, what does the DH stand for?
“One thing’s universal,

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #133 on: March 02, 2010, 03:38:28 PM »

Watchng THE EARTH on Blu-Ray, most excellent as was discussed here some time ago.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Ginny

« Reply #134 on: March 02, 2010, 03:41:52 PM »

I'm home from my two grantwriter meetings and found Richard not feeling well.  Hope he's not about to do what Zach did.

And, DR JMK, I hope Zach is feeling better.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #135 on: March 02, 2010, 03:46:20 PM »

DITTO!!  Now please send her to me, I can't do much cleaning these days ;)

Jane

« Reply #136 on: March 02, 2010, 03:47:21 PM »

Peaceful ending vibes for Bob, DH of DR elmore!!

I am not focusing very well today, Jane, what does the DH stand for?

lol-i'm the one not focusing too well.  That should have been DU (dear uncle).

Jane

« Reply #137 on: March 02, 2010, 03:48:02 PM »

Ginny, I would think you can get a medical release from jury duty.

Ginny

« Reply #138 on: March 02, 2010, 03:53:34 PM »

TOD - I'm hoping against hope that I don't have real-life experience with courtroom drama next week or the next.  I'm on call for jury duty in our county's Court of Common Pleas, which means I have to call or check online starting this Friday to find out if I have to report the following business day.  I got out of this a few years ago because my work schedule was packed for the 2 weeks they wanted me, but this time I don't have a good excuse - unless my doctor tells me tomorrow that he can get me a medical waiver.

Ginny, I am surprised at you!  I think jury duty is not only an obligation, but an honor as well.

Sorry to disappoint you, DR TCB!  I accept that it's an obligation, but one that I'm not looking forward to fulfilling.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #139 on: March 02, 2010, 03:54:49 PM »

Ginny, I would think you can get a medical release from jury duty.

Yeah, but I'd hate to let DR TCB down!  Actually, my doctor, a former school board member, will probably tell me to do it.

Laura

« Reply #140 on: March 02, 2010, 04:00:34 PM »

Some of us are honored more often than others, TCB.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #141 on: March 02, 2010, 04:01:01 PM »

John G., do you have a camera with a foot-long lens? Were these critters in a zoo?

I had two cameras with me on the trip. One was a Nikon Coolpix (the one that Ashton Kutcher did commercials for) with a 10x zoom lens and the other was a Sony with a 25x zoom lens, both rather regular cameras. And they were taken on safari, so the animals were in the wild and we were in a jeep just driving through their land.

The first day or two, it sort of felt like being in a Disneyland theme park ("Oh, I know you're going to say/The trees are papier mache ..."). But when we were charged by an angry elephant, it wasn't so zoo-like anymore. We stood our ground, as one is supposed to do (actually, we were in a jeep and really couldn't run anywhere anyway), and the elephant eventually went away, but he came awfully close.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Laura

« Reply #142 on: March 02, 2010, 04:05:01 PM »

I hope you share more photos with us, John G. They are great.

Cillaliz

« Reply #143 on: March 02, 2010, 04:13:30 PM »

TOD - I'm hoping against hope that I don't have real-life experience with courtroom drama next week or the next.  I'm on call for jury duty in our county's Court of Common Pleas, which means I have to call or check online starting this Friday to find out if I have to report the following business day.  I got out of this a few years ago because my work schedule was packed for the 2 weeks they wanted me, but this time I don't have a good excuse - unless my doctor tells me tomorrow that he can get me a medical waiver.

DR Ginny, depending on the case, you may actually enjoy it.  Many cases are short - usually 2-3 days. If you get one of those it's interesting.  If you get stuck on a lenghty case...well I can  see that it may be a real pain

Cillaliz

« Reply #144 on: March 02, 2010, 04:14:56 PM »

VIBES TO ELMORE~~~~~~

Jennifer

« Reply #145 on: March 02, 2010, 04:17:50 PM »

For the first time in a while there is a lot of new stuff on tv tonight. Is anybody else gonna sample the new NBC show with Lauren Graham called PARENTHOOD. I love her so I am definitely gonna watch (even though it's on the same time as THE GOOD WIFE).

We have it set to record.  I'll be surprised if we stick with it.

How do you know before you've seen it?

I really don't know what to expect. But i do love Lauren Graham. So hopefully it will be good.

And don't forget a new GOOD WIFE tonight at the same time.

I saw that Craig T. Nelson was in it, so I set it to record.  I'm not familiar with Graham.  I've seen a few more previews for the show & wasn't keen on the plot.  The show looks like it might be very good, just not of interest.  Of course I don't really know until I watch.

Thanks, I will double check "Wife" is set to record.  We can record 2 shows at the same time.

Ah I've seen Lauren Graham in a bunch of movies. But she is most well known for her role as Lorelai in the GILMORE GIRLS.

I can also record 2 shows at once.

Jennifer

« Reply #146 on: March 02, 2010, 04:19:47 PM »

DR Laura, re: Kate Gosselin on DANCING WITH THE STARS.

Apparently she and Tony will be rehearsing where she lives (is it PA somewhere?). I would guess that most/all of her kids would be in school. So that would leave her free during the day.  She is going to also rehearse in her basement after they go to bed.

I guess celebrities such as Kate Gosselin don't do laundry when the children are asleep or at school.

;D

Well reportedly you get around $200K just for agreeing to do the show (more if you last longer). So maybe she can hire someone to do her laundry.

Or maybe she can hire someone to parent her children!

I've never actually seen Jon and Kate plus 8. So i don't really know what she is like.  I know a lot of people dislike her.  I did see her co-host the VIEW and thought that she seemed pretty nice.

Laura

« Reply #147 on: March 02, 2010, 04:21:42 PM »

DR Ginny, depending on the case, you may actually enjoy it.  Many cases are short - usually 2-3 days. If you get one of those it's interesting.  If you get stuck on a lenghty case...well I can  see that it may be a real pain

My last jury case was a civil case about cement.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #148 on: March 02, 2010, 04:25:09 PM »

For the first time in a while there is a lot of new stuff on tv tonight. Is anybody else gonna sample the new NBC show with Lauren Graham called PARENTHOOD. I love her so I am definitely gonna watch (even though it's on the same time as THE GOOD WIFE).

We have it set to record.  I'll be surprised if we stick with it.

How do you know before you've seen it?

I really don't know what to expect. But i do love Lauren Graham. So hopefully it will be good.

And don't forget a new GOOD WIFE tonight at the same time.

I saw that Craig T. Nelson was in it, so I set it to record.  I'm not familiar with Graham.  I've seen a few more previews for the show & wasn't keen on the plot.  The show looks like it might be very good, just not of interest.  Of course I don't really know until I watch.

Thanks, I will double check "Wife" is set to record.  We can record 2 shows at the same time.

Ah I've seen Lauren Graham in a bunch of movies. But she is most well known for her role as Lorelai in the GILMORE GIRLS.

I can also record 2 shows at once.
Graham's very different Miss Adelaide was one of the better things in the recent "Guys and Dolls" revival.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #149 on: March 02, 2010, 04:28:45 PM »

Evidently FRANCES ran on TNT or TCM or TTT or something yesterday.  I am deluged, yes deluged, with many interesting emails.  There's even a former worker at Western State Hospital among them, though she was there many years after Frances left the building.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up