Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down

Author Topic: THE OVEN  (Read 11269 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re: THE OVEN
« Reply #150 on: August 12, 2012, 06:44:44 PM »

DR Ginny, I would love for you to sit on our deck and chat.  Now that the trees are gone and there is more room on the deck we shall have to get a new table & chairs for it.  We have a small round table with bar stool type chairs that sits four.  It isn't all that comfortable.  Our plan is to find a more comfortable set that is lower to the ground, that is if we can do so and still see the view.  Come Spring the mountains will be all green.

Jane

« Reply #151 on: August 12, 2012, 06:45:27 PM »

We are watching the Olympics closing ceremony and Richard just said, "I'm clearly not the audience for this!"

Tell Richard thanks for the laugh. :) 

Jane

« Reply #152 on: August 12, 2012, 06:47:36 PM »

DR Cilla, Craig said he saw a sign for one of the bridges but didn't follow it.

He is in Pennsylvania only two hours, without traffic, from his destination.  I hope there isn't a problem getting the key tomorrow morning.  This staff in the leasing often is a bit unorganized/competent, not sure what their problems are.

Ginny

« Reply #153 on: August 12, 2012, 06:52:20 PM »

Move-in vibes for Craig!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

« Reply #154 on: August 12, 2012, 07:01:02 PM »

Thanks.  I just remembered he could use some job vibes too.  As far as he knows he has a job at the elementary school near the apartment, the reason he is moving there.  So far he can't get the lazy person from the school district to process his paperwork so he knows the job is an absolute.  If they put him in a different school he will have rented an apartment in an area which will suddenly be very inconvenient. 

Jane

« Reply #155 on: August 12, 2012, 07:02:59 PM »

The stress, expense, and difficulties these people have caused Craig by their inconsideration & laziness has been very frustrating over the last month.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #156 on: August 12, 2012, 07:05:37 PM »

So, we just watched THE MAN WHO KNEW TOO MUCH.  Hadn't seen it in about 7 years.

Did anybody ever notice how some of the small roles are double cast?

:o

I think that's Leo Gordon who grabs Stewart in the Ambrose Chapel (church) scene, but outside it appears to be another actor.

Also, Milton Frome lets the Draytons into the embassy, but it's a different actor who goes into the kitchen. 

Parts of the scenes, I assume, were shot in London and other parts in Hollywood.

The magic of movies.
You can dream…or you can do.

FJL

« Reply #157 on: August 12, 2012, 07:08:50 PM »

Thanks.  I just remembered he could use some job vibes too.  As far as he knows he has a job at the elementary school near the apartment, the reason he is moving there.  So far he can't get the lazy person from the school district to process his paperwork so he knows the job is an absolute.  If they put him in a different school he will have rented an apartment in an area which will suddenly be very inconvenient. 

Wow, job vibes for Craig! 

Jane

« Reply #158 on: August 12, 2012, 07:15:10 PM »

Thank you DR FJL.

Craig is thinking of staying in a motel again tomorrow night.  Not a bad idea since he doesn't have a bed, furniture or an internet connection.

Jane

« Reply #159 on: August 12, 2012, 07:15:56 PM »

So, we just watched THE MAN WHO KNEW TOO MUCH.  Hadn't seen it in about 7 years.

I think that's Leo Gordon who grabs Stewart in the Ambrose Chapel (church) scene, but outside it appears to be another actor.

Also, Milton Frome lets the Draytons into the embassy, but it's a different actor who goes into the kitchen. 

Parts of the scenes, I assume, were shot in London and other parts in Hollywood.

The magic of movies.

Interesting.

Jane

« Reply #160 on: August 12, 2012, 07:17:08 PM »

I don't know where the day has gone.  We are going to try a new BlueRay tonight and watch THE WOMAN IN BLACK.  I wish we were watching THE MAN WHO KNEW TOO MUCH.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #161 on: August 12, 2012, 07:18:19 PM »

The magic of movies.

Interesting.

I just checked the imdb. 

It was Gordon and Frome.
You can dream…or you can do.

Jane

« Reply #162 on: August 12, 2012, 07:21:14 PM »

'night

Ginny

« Reply #163 on: August 12, 2012, 07:36:13 PM »

'night!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #164 on: August 12, 2012, 08:09:45 PM »

Finished another superb Cracker, whose guest stars were a fourteen-year-old Samantha Morton and Jim Carter, Mr. Carson of Downton Abbey.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #165 on: August 12, 2012, 08:22:42 PM »

Finished another superb Cracker, whose guest stars were a fourteen-year-old Samantha Morton and Jim Carter, Mr. Carson of Downton Abbey.
Jim Carter, aka Mr. Imelda Staunton.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #166 on: August 12, 2012, 08:24:31 PM »

Job vibes or Craig, DakotaCelt and all of us in need. (I'm still waiting for them to post a full-time position I could apply for where I work, instead of living eternally on the edge as a contractor, though that has been OK.)
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #167 on: August 12, 2012, 08:26:42 PM »

Spent the evening filling out a Zagat survey on bars in town. (They bought an ad on our website, so I felt a need to do it.) Anyway, all this writing about drinks (I ended up writing 50 briefs) made me very thirsty. Negroni time.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #168 on: August 12, 2012, 08:28:15 PM »

DougR, are you glad to see the Olympics pack up shop?
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #169 on: August 12, 2012, 08:35:49 PM »

Night, all.
― Voltaire

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #170 on: August 12, 2012, 10:52:52 PM »

What, everyone's a WUSSBURGER all of a sudden?

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #171 on: August 12, 2012, 11:41:45 PM »

Vibes to George on his Titus coming to an end

Thanks, Fred!  We had a very good ending with a great audience...and the strike went quickly.  We also had one last review...a very good friend of Pug's (the director) who saw the show this weekend wrote THIS on his blog. :D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #172 on: August 12, 2012, 11:41:53 PM »

Congrats to George and company for a good run of "Titus."

Congrats to ChasSmith for breaking the 1,000 mark.

Thanks, John and Congrats to ChasSmith!! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #173 on: August 12, 2012, 11:42:11 PM »

Closing performance and strike vibes for DR GEORGE.

Thanks, Jack!!

George

« Reply #174 on: August 12, 2012, 11:43:11 PM »

Vibes to George on his Titus coming to an end

DITTO!

Thanks, Jane!!

George

« Reply #175 on: August 12, 2012, 11:43:49 PM »

Just added the wonderful Rita McKenzie to our little Ruthless! tribute for the next Kritzerland show.

Cool!

George

« Reply #176 on: August 12, 2012, 11:50:45 PM »

We are watching the Olympics closing ceremony and Richard just said, "I'm clearly not the audience for this!"

Dammit!  I set my DVR to tape both "Falling Skies" and the closing ceremonies.  My DVR recorded "Falling Skies" without any trouble, but while it was supposed to record the closing ceremonies, it didn't.  The DVR was on but it wasn't recording.  When I turned on my TV, the screen was black where a 4:3 image would go (even though it was on a hi-def widescreen channel) and you could see the sides of the image and hear the sound.  I couldn't do anything...couldn't change the channel, couldn't swap to the other tuner, couldn't get to the "My DVR" section.  All I could do was turn off the power and turn it back on.  Only then did it start recording and from that point.  There was no recording up to that point, so I just stopped the recording.  There was no point to record the rest of it.

:P is what I say to that! >:(

George

« Reply #177 on: August 12, 2012, 11:58:22 PM »

I'm listening to Bruce Kimmel on Donald Feltham's The Broadway Radio Show!

George

« Reply #178 on: August 13, 2012, 12:00:32 AM »

Dammit!  I set my DVR to tape both "Falling Skies" and the closing ceremonies.  My DVR recorded "Falling Skies" without any trouble, but while it was supposed to record the closing ceremonies, it didn't.  The DVR was on but it wasn't recording.  When I turned on my TV, the screen was black where a 4:3 image would go (even though it was on a hi-def widescreen channel) and you could see the sides of the image and hear the sound.  I couldn't do anything...couldn't change the channel, couldn't swap to the other tuner, couldn't get to the "My DVR" section.  All I could do was turn off the power and turn it back on.  Only then did it start recording and from that point.  There was no recording up to that point, so I just stopped the recording.  There was no point to record the rest of it.

:P is what I say to that! >:(

Hey!  I just realized that they're rebroadcasting the closing ceremonies!  I'll be able to record that! :D

George

« Reply #179 on: August 13, 2012, 12:00:42 AM »

And since we're so close...
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up