Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: DEN MOTHER  (Read 4645 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
DEN MOTHER
« on: August 10, 2017, 12:34:08 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes reminisced about our den mother, and now it is time for you to post until the reminiscing cows come home.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: DEN MOTHER
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2017, 12:34:45 AM »

And the word of the day is: VENTIFACT!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2017, 12:43:10 AM »

First post after BK!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

ChasSmith

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2017, 03:52:27 AM »

Good morning, all.

ChasSmith

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2017, 03:52:50 AM »

An early one for me, as I have a lot of things to get done, and then an afternoon rehearsal.

ChasSmith

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2017, 03:53:17 AM »

Wonderful notes.  Thank you for the Susan Gordon story, BK.

Michael

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2017, 04:15:16 AM »

Good morning to all
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2017, 04:19:52 AM »

Had the wonderful opportunity to meet Susan Gordon in NYC when BK was doing his CD Jeepers Creepers and she was recording You're My Living Doll. We kept in contact for a couple of years after that and I tried to convince her to stay with us and we'd watch out for her never knowing the what was really going on. I've had the opportunity to meet many performers over the years and she was one of the kindest and I thought the shyest of everyone I ever met
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2017, 04:30:24 AM »

As for me, it was a happy experience getting home yesterday. The original plane turned out to have a mechanical problem that could not be fixed right away. So we had to wait for another plane which hadn't landed yet as it was coming from France. They gave us a food voucher worth $10. Because the plane left over four hours late it screw up my getting home. I planned to take the train back to Boca and then Uber it home. Because of the lateness of the hour by the time I got my luggage and got to the train station I had to wait an extra hour because there was no train in the 9-hour window. By the time I got home it was almost midnight. Over 6 hours late. But I rather have a plane that was working properly that was questionable. I'm just glad that the actual delay wasn't longer or we would have had to wait for a new flight crew as they would have timed out.
Never stop dreaming.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2017, 05:15:19 AM »

Good morning, all!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2017, 05:15:51 AM »

I dreamed I was helping a little old lady move out of her house.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2017, 05:16:37 AM »

Beautiful notes about Susan, BK.  She had left HHW before I signed on in 2004.  I'm sorry I missed her.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2017, 05:17:44 AM »

This morning I may go down to Music Theatre International and pick up the Guys & Dolls check!  I want to confirm it's there before I board a bus.

Michael

« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2017, 05:21:03 AM »

BK

You are correct in your assertion that the Michael Park episode of Alfred Hitchcock was a pilot. This is according to the book "Unsold Television Pilots" Vol 1".
Never stop dreaming.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2017, 05:24:05 AM »

When I was 21 or so, I wrote a score for a production of Twelfth Night that never happened.  In 1975, thinking it might be a possible Ohio production,  I revised the score.  I hadn't thought about it in years.  I didn't even know where the score had got to.

About a month ago, my friend Carmon deLeone, who conducts the Cincinnati Ballet, found my full score in the offices of the Middletown Symphony.  He told me that on Labor Day weekend he was conducting an outdoor concert and that he wanted to program works by local musicians. So, he's programming the Twelfth Night Overture.  He sent me a copy of the full score, and Joshie put the thing into Finale.  I am doing some revisions and adding more brass, but I am extremely grateful to my adopted son for taking the tiem to help me out.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 02:39:14 PM by elmore3003 »

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2017, 05:25:04 AM »

Yesterday, he gave me a printout of the new full score and today I will make the revisions.  And now you all know why I'm heading to Ohio in a couple of weeks.

FJL

« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2017, 05:25:08 AM »

vixmom - so glad the book got there OK!!!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2017, 05:26:19 AM »

Thursday!

What glorious notes!  Yes, Ms. Susan Gordon was one of a kind....I of course knew her only through HHW.  It was very exciting to read her posts.

She always responded to requests and answered questions.  She sent me a couple of autographed photos.  She also called me a few times - I was so surprised to hear from her.....

Susan also sent me a nice laminated repro poster from ATTACK OF THE 50 FOOT WOMAN that she found at one of the autograph shows.

I like her in all of her movies, but a couple of favorites are:

The Boy and the Pirates & The Five Pennies

I also like her episode of Ben Casey.....
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2017, 05:27:28 AM »

I've stopped my daily vibes to our DR JRand66, but I still send them out into the universe every day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~  Vibes of all sorts to our DRs JRand66, Danise, Jeanne, TCB, Vixmom, and all in need!  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2017, 05:57:02 AM »

Good morning, all.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2017, 05:57:30 AM »

Vibes for TCB, Danise and all in need.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2017, 05:57:58 AM »

Great stories on Susan. Please keep them coming.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2017, 05:58:50 AM »

Elmore, that's wonderful news about yout Twelfth Night music.
― Voltaire

ChasSmith

« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2017, 06:22:13 AM »

When I was 21 or so, I wrote a score for a production of Twelfth Night that never happened.  In 1975, thinking it might be a possible Ohio production,  I revised the score.  I hadn't thought about it in years.  I didn't even know where the score had got to.

About a month ago, my friend Carmon deLeone, who conducts the Cincinnati Ballet, found my full score in the offices of the Middletown Symphony.  He told me that on Labor Day weekend he was conducting an outdoor concert and that he wanted to program works by local musicians. So, he's programming the Twelfth Night Overture.  He sent me a copy of the full score, and Joshie put the thing into Finale.  I am doing some revisions and adding more brass, but I am extremely grateful to my adopted sn for taking the tiem to help me out.

Wow!

To all of it, including Josh's apparent ability to get that thing into Finale so effortlessly.

Fantastic news, DR Elmore.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2017, 06:47:48 AM »

Very nice notes on Susan,

I adored Danny Kaye and naturally was very interested in the filming of FIVE LITTLE PENNIES.  It was the only time I can recall asking Susan questions about her work.  She also adored Kaye which made me happy.

Another favorite is the TWILIGHT ZONE episode.

There was a hair shampoo commercial I liked and told her she should wear her hair that way more often  ;D

Ginny

« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2017, 07:29:51 AM »

Thursday morning greetings...

Dear DRs, my mother passed away at 12:43 this morning after about 15 hours in the care of Hospice.  At 98 and 2/3 she was beyond ready.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 07:42:52 AM by Ginny »
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2017, 07:53:32 AM »

We are not quite ready to break this news on Facebook, but I wanted to check in here with all of you.  My sister and her husband are on their way from Michigan and arrangements are proceeding apace.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2017, 07:54:20 AM »

DR Elmore, the news about the Twelfth Night music is fantastic and we will be there!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2017, 08:13:41 AM »

Thursday morning greetings...

Dear DRs, my mother passed away at 12:43 this morning after about 15 hours in the care of Hospice.  At 98 and 2/3 she was beyond ready.

DR Ginny, I am so sorry to hear the news, but I also know that it was time.  I send my love and condolences to you and your family.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2017, 08:14:44 AM »

DR Elmore, the news about the Twelfth Night music is fantastic and we will be there!

Me, too, God willing.  I wish he were programming the songs, but I'll take what I can get.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up