Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Down

Author Topic: THE MAD TYPER  (Read 41179 times)

Cillaliz

Re:THE MAD TYPER
« Reply #210 on: August 23, 2005, 04:31:18 PM »

A cigarette would be so much easier than all these food choices, but it's been 11 days now since I had one.....so.....what am I hungry for!

Danise

« Reply #211 on: August 23, 2005, 04:31:50 PM »

Actually, I do.

I used charcoal when I grill, so I wrap the ears in tin foil and drop them directly onto the coals, turning them every few minutes.  The husks chair, the silks chair, and some of the kernels char....but the taste is ohmygosh terrific!

I do that as well.   Do you soak your corn in salt water overnight?  MMMM. MMM Good!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Cillaliz

« Reply #212 on: August 23, 2005, 04:32:37 PM »

Oh cool page 8!

Danise

« Reply #213 on: August 23, 2005, 04:34:35 PM »

All the thunder went away.  Still looking pretty dark outside.  
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Cillaliz

« Reply #214 on: August 23, 2005, 04:34:59 PM »

BB6   Spoilers

Boy things have really slowed down. The new sport of choice is double solitaire.  

Danise

« Reply #215 on: August 23, 2005, 04:36:14 PM »

I really enjoyed all the pictures, DR Jose.  

I'm glad you all liked the 3D pictures from the other night.  That is a real talent.  
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #216 on: August 23, 2005, 04:50:29 PM »

I do that as well.   Do you soak your corn in salt water overnight?  MMMM. MMM Good!

No...never thought about that.  You probably get a "smolder" effect while it's cooking, too, dontcha!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #217 on: August 23, 2005, 04:50:47 PM »

Way to go, Oregon folk. Yours is the only state that did not grow more obese!

http://www.cnn.com/2005/HEALTH/diet.fitness/08/23/obesity.state.rankings.ap/index.html

They obviously didn't survey me.  :)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #218 on: August 23, 2005, 04:51:27 PM »

A cigarette would be so much easier than all these food choices, but it's been 11 days now since I had one.....so.....what am I hungry for!

October will be 5 years for me.

And stuff tastes so much better now....!!!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

JMK

« Reply #219 on: August 23, 2005, 04:56:46 PM »

OK, housing dilemma time, would appreciate thoughts/feedback.  We will probably know tomorrow if the developer is going to make us an offer we can't refuse.  We have seen literally scores of houses and are down to two we are thinking seriously of:

House #1.  Insanely expensive and with really high property taxes.  We would probably be financing around 300K and paying 11K in property taxes.  Huge, beautiful house (way, way huge--almost 6000 sf) in lovely neighborhood with a community pool.  Same school district.  Nice but not overwhelming view.  Did I mention it's HUUUUUUGGGGEEE?  (And there's already a nice Story & Clark spinet in the basement that they'd probably leave since the rest of the house is empty, LOL).

House #2.  A dump with a view, as I called it.  Absolutely stunning view.  House is quite small and reeks of cigarette smoke.  Everything from the carpet to the kitchen to the bathrooms needs to be redone plus we would probably end up putting an addition on to it to make it roomier.  However, we could buy it outright and end up probably financing at least 200K in remodelling.  Property taxes around 7K.  Less desirable neighborhood, different school district, but close enough to drive kids to current schools.  Plus we'd have to live through yet another remodelling project, this one pretty darn major.

WWHHWD?  (What would HHW-ers do?).
« Last Edit: August 23, 2005, 04:59:01 PM by JMK »

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Tomovoz

« Reply #220 on: August 23, 2005, 05:00:01 PM »

House #1.  You only notice the view for the first 6 months and then you take it for granted! And of course there all those NW HHW gatherings!
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #221 on: August 23, 2005, 05:01:00 PM »

I (personally) would not be able to put up with the ciggie smoke smell unless it would absolutely be cleared out permanantly and very quickly.  That would be the deciding factor for me.  But then no matter what I was spending, I wouldn't want any kind of fixer-upper.  I'm no handy man, at all. :P
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #222 on: August 23, 2005, 05:01:35 PM »

I'd keep looking for something in between.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #223 on: August 23, 2005, 05:02:16 PM »

And I shall no longer complain about MY property taxes.

JMK

« Reply #224 on: August 23, 2005, 05:02:26 PM »

George, yes, the smell was overwhelming--that's why we'd have to rip out all the carpeting and repaint, etc.  So far House #1 by a two to nothing shutout.  ;)

Danise

« Reply #225 on: August 23, 2005, 05:03:00 PM »

No...never thought about that.  You probably get a "smolder" effect while it's cooking, too, dontcha!

You would be surprised how quick it drys out on the fire.  It is very good!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #226 on: August 23, 2005, 05:03:50 PM »

My vote is to keep looking.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #227 on: August 23, 2005, 05:03:55 PM »

And speaking of "To Kill a Mockingbird," sadly, Brock Peters has died.  Click HERE for an article on cnn.com.  Part of it states:

Actor Brock Peters, best known for his heartbreaking performance as the black man falsely accused of rape in "To Kill a Mockingbird," died Tuesday at his home after battling pancreatic cancer. He was 78.

Peters was diagnosed with the disease in January and had been receiving chemotherapy treatment, according to Marilyn Darby, his longtime companion. His condition became worse in recent weeks.

He died peacefully in bed, surrounded by family, she said.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

JMK

« Reply #228 on: August 23, 2005, 05:03:57 PM »

I'd keep looking for something in between.

We want to stay in this same general area, though (as those who have been here will understand--it's one of Portland's most beautiful neighborhoods).  And the housing inventory here is small, to say the least.  You're either looking at dumps with a view  ;D for around 500K or custom built behemoths for closer to 800K.  There's no middle ground, unfortunately.

JMK

« Reply #229 on: August 23, 2005, 05:06:02 PM »

Just to clarify, we have been looking quite steadily for over a month and have probably been through close to 100 homes at this point.  In this neighborhood there are only about 15 or so for sale (I kid you not, and we're talking an area probably at least 25 miles square).  These two are the only two that even come close to grabbing us for one reason or another.  And if the guy makes us an offer tomorrow, we gotta move (to paraphrase Gino Vannelli).

Tomovoz

« Reply #230 on: August 23, 2005, 05:06:22 PM »

The birthday boy has entered the building!
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #231 on: August 23, 2005, 05:09:18 PM »

Good afternoon / Good evening! (does that cover everyone?)

Thank you one and all for your wonderful birthday wishes.  How can anyone have a bad birthday when they have such a warm, loving (hmmm), world-wide network of friends who have become like family.  Even some folks who are no longer a part of HHW took the time to remember me today.

I have cancelled my previous birthday evening plans, and have decided to spend the entire evening in bed.  However, before I offend members of this puritanical group, let me assure you that I will be spending it alone -- with the exception of the two pussys.

My back continues to get worse and worse, so I decided that a drive up north for dinner would only make the situation worse. Even though I had hoped to finish off the evening by calling at the stage door for a brief visit with the WSMA.  Apparently, it is not in the cards for Mr. Barrett and I to meet at this time.

I have already taken my Vicodin, I am going to feed the cats, go soak in a hot bath, and then I am going to climb into bed and hopefully get to feeling better.

Special thanks to BK for allowing this beautiful and intelligent group of people to gather here each and every day.

“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Danise

« Reply #232 on: August 23, 2005, 05:09:20 PM »

Just to clarify, we have been looking quite steadily for over a month and have probably been through close to 100 homes at this point.  In this neighborhood there are only about 15 or so for sale (I kid you not, and we're talking an area probably at least 25 miles square).  These two are the only two that even come close to grabbing us for one reason or another.  And if the guy makes us an offer tomorrow, we gotta move (to paraphrase Gino Vannelli).

Why move in the first place if you are happy with where you are?
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #233 on: August 23, 2005, 05:10:22 PM »

And if the guy makes us an offer tomorrow, we gotta move.

You mean if they buy your house you have to move? (A VixMom reference)

Danise

« Reply #234 on: August 23, 2005, 05:11:32 PM »

Good afternoon / Good evening! (does that cover everyone?)

Thank you one and all for your wonderful birthday wishes.  How can anyone have a bad birthday when they have such a warm, loving (hmmm), world-wide network of friends who have become like family.  Even some folks who are no longer a part of HHW took the time to remember me today.

I have cancelled my previous birthday evening plans, and have decided to spend the entire evening in bed.  However, before I offend members of this puritanical group, let me assure you that I will be spending it alone -- with the exception of the two pussys.

My back continues to get worse and worse, so I decided that a drive up north for dinner would only make the situation worse. Even though I had hoped to finish off the evening by calling at the stage door for a brief visit with the WSMA.  Apparently, it is not in the cards for Mr. Barrett and I to meet at this time.

I have already taken my Vicodin, I am going to feed the cats, go soak in a hot bath, and then I am going to climb into bed and hopefully get to feeling better.

Special thanks to BK for allowing this beautiful and intelligent group of people to gather here each and every day.

I'm so sorry your not feeling well.  That's not fair on your birthday!  Not that I wish you pain at any time.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #235 on: August 23, 2005, 05:11:46 PM »

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Vibes for TCB. Hope you feel better soon. With Vicodin, I suppose you will!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #236 on: August 23, 2005, 05:15:33 PM »

I (personally) would not be able to put up with the ciggie smoke smell unless it would absolutely be cleared out permanantly and very quickly.  That would be the deciding factor for me.  But then no matter what I was spending, I wouldn't want any kind of fixer-upper.  I'm no handy man, at all. :P

Yes, George, but think of all those handy men you could hire!

Still, JMK, go for House #1.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Ben

« Reply #237 on: August 23, 2005, 05:19:27 PM »

Yes, if that's the choice, go for Number 1.

Vibes for TCB's back!!!

JMK

« Reply #238 on: August 23, 2005, 05:20:31 PM »

However, before I offend members of this puritanical group, let me assure you that I will be spending it alone -- with the exception of the two pussys.

Tom, Tom, Tom--the punchlines are numerous and all of them are sure to offend.   ;D

JMK

« Reply #239 on: August 23, 2005, 05:23:16 PM »

Danise, we don't really have to move, but there are two reasons (at least) to move:  1) the developer has already bought the lot next to us (which is currently farmland) and there will be a multitude of homes there by this time next year), and 2) he is also willing to offer us a premium price for our land/house, without us having to do any fixing up ourselves here (not that our house needs a lot of fixing, but still, when someone is offering you a rather large stack of cash is saying "Everything's fine the way it is," it's rather hard to say no).

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Up