Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: AUDACIOUS  (Read 10763 times)

TCB

• Because I can!
Re: AUDACIOUS
« Reply #90 on: August 17, 2010, 02:42:51 PM »

PAGE FOUR
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #91 on: August 17, 2010, 02:43:37 PM »

I had something new (for me) for lunch yesterday: beef on weck. It originates in Buffalo, apparently. Soooo good, although not something I'd eat very often!

Hmmm, is it part of the buffalo?
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #92 on: August 17, 2010, 02:44:29 PM »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO DR S. WOODY!
“One thing’s universal,

Michael

« Reply #93 on: August 17, 2010, 02:52:04 PM »

Finally found the studio cast recording of Sherry! I haven't listened to it it, but in the notes by James Lipton, I found an interesting comment...."To my knowledge this is the only cd with a choreographer."

Just shows how far ahead of his time Mr. Bruce Kimmel is.

Also if the score was "lost" according to Lipton then how did BK get the music when he recorded the title tune on Unsung Musicals? Which also happens to be one of my favorite tracks. Jonathan Freeman and Christine Baranski are tops.
Never stop dreaming.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #94 on: August 17, 2010, 03:09:19 PM »

We just heard two major explosions in the Seattle / Tacoma area.  We are being told that they were sonic booms from two F-15 that were scrambled after another airplane entered the no-fly zone that is in place over Seattle during Obama's visit.

I just got back from lunch and was at home when it happened.  I though that something hit my building!  The whole thing shook for a couple of seconds! :o
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #95 on: August 17, 2010, 03:11:35 PM »

Finally found the studio cast recording of Sherry! I haven't listened to it it, but in the notes by James Lipton, I found an interesting comment...."To my knowledge this is the only cd with a choreographer."

Also if the score was "lost" according to Lipton then how did BK get the music when he recorded the title tune on Unsung Musicals? Which also happens to be one of my favorite tracks. Jonathan Freeman and Christine Baranski are tops.

And speaking of SHERRY, has anyone ever tried producing the play version of THE MAN WHO CAME TO DINNER, and plugging in the songs from SHERRY?
“One thing’s universal,

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #96 on: August 17, 2010, 03:15:02 PM »

NASHVILLE was audacious, wasn't it?

NASHVILLE was brilliant, and it's one of my most favortie movies, but I'd think the earlier M*A*S*H was more influential with its overlapping dialogue and use of sound.

Was watching a bit of MASH today on AMC, very audacious.  Sadly, AMC was showing it with language and other content edits.

Which is why I never ever watch AMC! As soon as they began breaking for commercials, I removed it from my favorite cable channels.

I have proofed Liz's new full score for "Memory," and the evening is mine. Today I got a new book abpout the musical theatre from Amazon to occupy my time tonight.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 03:21:52 PM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #97 on: August 17, 2010, 03:16:07 PM »

Good morning, all! I slept very late, around 10am, debating for the 15 minutes before that if I wanted to stay in bed the rest of the day, the rest of my life, or get up. I'm not sure if this lethargy/apathy means I'm coming down with something, still in depression, or simply regenerating after the big round of work last week.

I guess it would depend on who else was in the bed.

There were three: me, myself, I.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #98 on: August 17, 2010, 03:17:27 PM »

He got a copy from the composer, I assume. The song I was given was a photocopy from the usual Piano-conductor score, and I would guess that Rosenthal has a complete copy of the entire score. And the show isn't "lost"; it simply wasn't available for performance. Weren't the parts at the Library of Congress?
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 03:21:14 PM by elmore3003 »

Michael

« Reply #99 on: August 17, 2010, 03:56:23 PM »

He got a copy from the composer, I assume. The song I was given was a photocopy from the usual Piano-conductor score, and I would guess that Rosenthal has a complete copy of the entire score. And the show isn't "lost"; it simply wasn't available for performance. Weren't the parts at the Library of Congress?

Yes that's where they score was found untouched in a trunk according to Sher
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #100 on: August 17, 2010, 04:06:38 PM »

I saw Psycho on tv when I was a kid. It was on TV and don't remember if it was being shown on a Canadian channel or American. It must have been around 5 or 6. I never got passed the shower scene. I ran from the room screaming and had nightmares. I don't think the baby sister knew what the film was about.
Never stop dreaming.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #101 on: August 17, 2010, 04:10:53 PM »

NASHVILLE was brilliant, and it's one of my most favortie movies, but I'd think the earlier M*A*S*H was more influential with its overlapping dialogue and use of sound.

Was watching a bit of MASH today on AMC, very audacious.  Sadly, AMC was showing it with language and other content edits.

Which is why I never ever watch AMC! As soon as they began breaking for commercials, I removed it from my favorite cable channels.

I have proofed Liz's new full score for "Memory," and the evening is mine. Today I got a new book abpout the musical theatre from Amazon to occupy my time tonight.

I didn't know that they had musical theatre in the Amazon
“One thing’s universal,

Michael

« Reply #102 on: August 17, 2010, 04:11:24 PM »

Elmoore:

From the youtube postings of Show Boat, do you think these were shot at the Ziegfield Theater? The sets tell me I don't think so. Also do you think the curtains would close after the song like they did in the clips? Hey Feller or is Hey Fella? Queenie's Ballyhoo

I see some of the differences you were talking about, but all I have to go by is the Show Boat recording that late McGlinn did.
Never stop dreaming.

Jennifer

« Reply #103 on: August 17, 2010, 04:44:01 PM »

Glad everything is okay DR Ginny.

Jennifer

« Reply #104 on: August 17, 2010, 04:48:34 PM »

DR Jane and anybody else who is interested:

Did you read about the latest castings from the American THE GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO movie.

Daniel Craig is definitely going to be Mikael. But they have cast Lisbeth and Erika.

Erika is Robin Wright Penn. I actually can see her doing this role.

And Lisbeth will be someone I don't know named Rooney Mara.  She's 25.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #105 on: August 17, 2010, 04:59:49 PM »

I think we all know about James Lipton's "knowledge".  Another bit of knowledge he doesn't mention - I was going to record the show - we were set to have it orchestrated when Sher found the parts and convinced Rosenthal he should do it - my guess is that Rosenthal wishes it hadn't gone that way.  It's a pretty mediocre album and yes, the recording we did of the title song is, for now, definitive.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #106 on: August 17, 2010, 05:00:06 PM »

I've written about eight pages of my scene - almost through with it.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #107 on: August 17, 2010, 05:17:41 PM »

Is TCM showing the colorized version of THE QUIET MAN?!?
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaďs Nin

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #108 on: August 17, 2010, 05:30:00 PM »

Is there any other version??
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #109 on: August 17, 2010, 05:37:43 PM »

Finished my scene and sent it to David - some very funny stuff in it, I think.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #110 on: August 17, 2010, 05:44:34 PM »

It was made in color.
You can dream…or you can do.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #111 on: August 17, 2010, 05:45:08 PM »

Yes, it was. Thanks for the reminder. Though Altman made other pictures in the style, few worked quite as well.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #112 on: August 17, 2010, 05:48:54 PM »

Where is everybody?

I was at Lithia Park visiting with DR JMM & his DW Betsy while the boys played in the creek.  When I arrived JMK was wading in the water cooling off.  I had to leave Sherlock home since he isn't permitted in the park & it was very hot out.  Keith had to stay home as he is drinking that disgusting drink in preparation for a procedure tomorrow.

John G.

« Reply #113 on: August 17, 2010, 05:51:17 PM »

Applying for jobs is exhausting. Even if it is all online and slightly unreal.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #114 on: August 17, 2010, 05:53:16 PM »

Had to quit the magazine today. The publisher was behaving in too unprofessional a manner; there was no equipment to use to facilitate the job; and he didn't pay anything. It was a trifecta of good reasons to let it go.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #115 on: August 17, 2010, 05:55:27 PM »

TOD: "Brazil" and some of the other movies of Terry Gilliam have an audacious visual quality that makes me return for repeated viewings. I know it was a financial flop, but I love "The Adventures of Baron Munchhausen." 
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #116 on: August 17, 2010, 05:56:37 PM »

Just finished the new BBC version of "Emma." What fun.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #117 on: August 17, 2010, 05:59:32 PM »

In terms of musicals, the opening sequence of "Love Me Tonight" with its Rodgers and Hart song picked up by various characters is audacious.
― Voltaire

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #118 on: August 17, 2010, 06:03:20 PM »

DR Jane and anybody else who is interested:

Did you read about the latest castings from the American THE GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO movie.

Daniel Craig is definitely going to be Mikael. But they have cast Lisbeth and Erika.

Erika is Robin Wright Penn. I actually can see her doing this role.

And Lisbeth will be someone I don't know named Rooney Mara.  She's 25.

I hadn't seen it.  The young actress might work ;)  While browsing the cast list, what there is, I noticed Robin Wright has dropped Penn from her name.  I agree she could be Ericka.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #119 on: August 17, 2010, 06:05:21 PM »

We just finished watching ME & ORSON WELLES.

Excellent!
You can dream…or you can do.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up