Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: OVER THE WEATHER  (Read 56302 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: OVER THE WEATHER
« Reply #150 on: October 10, 2008, 03:05:39 PM »

And we're live.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #151 on: October 10, 2008, 03:09:17 PM »

DR Jose, SAFE & EASY TRAVEL VIBES, AND NO COLD VIBES!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #152 on: October 10, 2008, 03:13:59 PM »

If it's with his death, then that's essentially the same ending as Mark Twain's  A Connecticut Yankee.

What I wonder about is how the original British series ended (he didn't die...but there was a specific twist, if you will) and the dissapointment that an Amazon.co.uk reviewer felt and wrote about and if the American version will use the same ending/twist.

I think it's silly to speculate on such things when the show is just beginning. If it takes off, it could run for YEARS (unlike British shows which often have a limited outlook). I'm going to enjoy it while I can and worry about its ending when there is an ending.

That's very true...but it was a bit depressing to read how the British version ended. :-\

I am going to watch it a few more times and see how I feel about the show, in general.  I did enjoy watching it last night.  And Jason O'Mara is nice to look at. ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ben

« Reply #153 on: October 10, 2008, 03:54:54 PM »

Does that mean that if we call and ask if they have Prince Albert in a can that Ben's voice is the one we'll hear?

Only if you get put on hold

singdaw

« Reply #154 on: October 10, 2008, 04:16:35 PM »

MBarnum

« Reply #155 on: October 10, 2008, 04:18:15 PM »

DR JRand58 will be very happy with this DVD set releasing on 1/27/08:

Warner Bros. Romance Classics Collection (includes Palm Springs Weekend, Parrish, Rome Adventure and Susan Slade)

Hopefully he will have a working television by then.

MBarnum

« Reply #156 on: October 10, 2008, 04:20:56 PM »

I thought this was very moving:

How wonderful! I never saw so much tail wagging before!!

singdaw

« Reply #157 on: October 10, 2008, 04:20:59 PM »

Prince Albert

I think I'm thinking of something other than what Laura DR probably intended.       :-X

George

« Reply #158 on: October 10, 2008, 04:24:23 PM »

Prince Albert

I think I'm thinking of something other than what Laura DR probably intended.       :-X

:o You're not the only one.

;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Cillaliz

« Reply #159 on: October 10, 2008, 04:33:51 PM »

Well...

I need to start getting ready to head home for a few days.  I probably won't head down to Virginia until Sunday, or even Monday at this point, but since I've more or less been a slug this past week, I do have a couple of things to take care of around the apartment before I make the trip South.  Of course, the tidying and organizing I've been putting off shouldn't take all that long, but it's just a matter of doing it.  Nike!  In any case...

My mom will be going in for mitral valve replacement on Tuesday.  The "news" leaked a few weeks ago. However, since my parents were trying not to worry their sons, various messages and "status reports" got mixed up causing a bit of (unnecessary) shock.  I stopped freaking out (almost) about the whole situation a week or so ago, but since I happen to have a break in my work schedule, I figured I might as well head down to Richmond while she's having the procedure.

I had wanted to head down earlier this week, but it turns out that various family friends have been stopping by to visit my parents, and there has been no room at the Inn.  My Dad even called me to ask me where I was planning on staying since all three bedrooms and the Aerobed were already spoken for.  So, I may end up staying with Steve which actually works out fine since he happens to work for the same hospital system where my Mom is having the surgery, so he can take me in to visit when he heads to work. Getting hit with a cold - which seems to have passed - also delayed my trip down to Virginia earlier this week.

Vibes and Prayers....

DR Jose,  You'll be glad you are there.  Vibes and Prayers to your mom and your family

Cillaliz

« Reply #160 on: October 10, 2008, 04:35:37 PM »

And Thank You for all the Vibes and Prayers for my Mom.  I will be sure to pass them along to her once I get down to Richmond.  They're also helping me with my unease in dealing with the unknown - and with what I know I can't really do anything about, what I can't "help".  After checking bus schedules, I think I may head down tomorrow afternoon, since I have a feeling that the busses may be full on Sunday.  We shall see... But, again...

Thank You.

DR Jose, you'll feel somewhat better just being there. I know I did when my dad had his quintuple bypass.  It was years and years ago now, but just being there with my mom and other family members, even though I really couldn't do anything, eased my mind a bit.   

Cillaliz

« Reply #161 on: October 10, 2008, 04:38:46 PM »

Does that mean that if we call and ask if they have Prince Albert in a can that Ben's voice is the one we'll hear?

So if we want to hear you we should call and say "Hello, could you please put me on hold?  Thank you."

Laura

« Reply #162 on: October 10, 2008, 04:39:16 PM »

"That's a lotta hamsters."

Cillaliz

« Reply #163 on: October 10, 2008, 04:44:39 PM »

Today I took Edith to lunch and had to stop by the house for a minute afterwards.  She met the cats for the first time.  She always laughs at me for talking to them.  Boo was looking at me. Boo hadn't made a sound since we got there.  I said "Boo, say hello to Edith" Boo turned and looked at Edith and said "Meow".  Edith jumped! She looked at me and said "I'll never tease you about talking to your cats again".  Too funny

Cillaliz

« Reply #164 on: October 10, 2008, 04:49:12 PM »

I need to go back to the office and work for a while tonight. I have writing to do, which is hard to do during the day.  At night it's dark and quiet and I tend to be a lot more productive. 

Cillaliz

« Reply #165 on: October 10, 2008, 04:50:34 PM »

Der B, congrats on your milepost. 

Cillaliz

« Reply #166 on: October 10, 2008, 04:52:14 PM »

Hurricane Norbert?  Who comes up with these names?

Kerry

« Reply #167 on: October 10, 2008, 04:52:37 PM »

Prince Albert

I think I'm thinking of something other than what Laura DR probably intended.       :-X

Wonder why?
I like boat races.

George

« Reply #168 on: October 10, 2008, 04:56:02 PM »

Well, I'm off to see Ursula K. Le Guin

Have a good evening, all!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #169 on: October 10, 2008, 04:59:47 PM »

I miss Jack LaLanne's show every morning and the ubiquitous Hammond accompanying him as he demonstrated all the things you could do with a kitchen chair and broom handle.   Life was so simple then!

However, if you ever find out I bought one of those little jumpsuits he wore, please shoot me!
Better what Jack LaLanne wore than following Richard Simmons' sartorial lead!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Jane

« Reply #170 on: October 10, 2008, 05:02:06 PM »

I thought this was very moving:

That made me cry, also makes me miss Echo something fierce.  When we would return home from a trip I would sit on the lawn while Keith would get Echo.  I had to sit to keep from getting knocked over, she would spin in circles, slamming into me each time.  And then over & over she would shove her body into me while I attempted to hold her still.

Jane

« Reply #171 on: October 10, 2008, 05:02:36 PM »

Today I took Edith to lunch and had to stop by the house for a minute afterwards.  She met the cats for the first time.  She always laughs at me for talking to them.  Boo was looking at me. Boo hadn't made a sound since we got there.  I said "Boo, say hello to Edith" Boo turned and looked at Edith and said "Meow".  Edith jumped! She looked at me and said "I'll never tease you about talking to your cats again".  Too funny

Great story!  :D ;D

td

• td
« Reply #172 on: October 10, 2008, 05:08:48 PM »

That made me cry, also makes me miss Echo something fierce.  When we would return home from a trip I would sit on the lawn while Keith would get Echo.  I had to sit to keep from getting knocked over, she would spin in circles, slamming into me each time.  And then over & over she would shove her body into me while I attempted to hold her still.

Umm. . .that's what Dixie does when I come home from WORK!  :)
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

td

• td
« Reply #173 on: October 10, 2008, 05:11:00 PM »

Media Check:
CD:  Jason Danieley and the Frontier Heroes hasn't left my cd player. . .I'm listening to him right now as I type.
DVD:  FORGETTING SARAH MARSHALL - I thought it was quite endearing.
THE PICTURE OF DORIAN GRAY - nice commentary from Steve Haberman and Angela Lansbury in addition to the fantastic movie itself.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2008, 05:23:51 PM by td »
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Jane

« Reply #174 on: October 10, 2008, 05:12:49 PM »

td  ;D

Sherlock sort of says hello to me & then runs over to Keith.  After Echo, we also learned to not let the dogs get overexcited...that's what the experts say anyway.  I kind of miss the excitement though I don't get knocked over this way.

Ben

« Reply #175 on: October 10, 2008, 05:18:05 PM »

So if we want to hear you we should call and say "Hello, could you please put me on hold?  Thank you."

That made me laugh. There may be a rash of callers asking to be put on hold. I may call the main number tonight just to see what happens when the phones are closed and put on auto answer.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #176 on: October 10, 2008, 05:25:08 PM »

Good Evening!

Dinner has been consumed and the dishes have been washed, and I think I'm just going to spend tonight in front of the TV catching up on some shows via the DVR, or just switching between the Food Network and TLC like I normally I do.  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #177 on: October 10, 2008, 05:26:12 PM »

That made me laugh. There may be a rash of callers asking to be put on hold. I may call the main number tonight just to see what happens when the phones are closed and put on auto answer.

...Or just know that anytime you hear that's there a call for you - that's been placed on hold - that you may want to wait a couple of seconds before picking up your line.  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #178 on: October 10, 2008, 05:28:32 PM »

DRs Jane and Cillaliz - Thank you.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #179 on: October 10, 2008, 05:31:11 PM »

Perhaps the Sondheim Box Set (although I have practically everything on it).

You mean the one with the never released "Evening Primrose" material?

der Brucer

Yeah, and the very rare never heard scores to The Enclave and Invitation To A March, available for everyone's listening please since 1993, along with several other of the very rare songs on the rarities disc.

Have you written that Letter to the Editor yet?  I mean, if Stephen Sondheim can write letters to the New York Times, surely you can write to USA Today.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2008, 05:32:52 PM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Up