Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: EXPERIMENT TWO  (Read 3703 times)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
Re: EXPERIMENT TWO
« Reply #60 on: March 20, 2020, 08:50:41 AM »

I just had my Lenox Hill Hospital call, asking if I were showing any signs of coronavirus infection, what drugs I was taking, allergies, prosthetics, etc.  They've asked me to show up at 6:00AM for 8:30 surgery.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #61 on: March 20, 2020, 08:51:39 AM »

Page 3 Dance!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #62 on: March 20, 2020, 09:01:06 AM »

From my friend Michael Colby:
An airplane was about to crash, there were 4 famous passengers on board but only 3 parachutes left.
The first passenger said, "I'm LeBron James, the best NBA basketball player there is. My fans need me. I can't afford to die." So he took the first pack and left the plane.

The second passenger, Donald Trump said "Out of my way. I'm the President of the USA and I'm going to be the greatest and cleverest President in American history." So he quickly grabbed the pack next to him and jumped out of the plane.

The third passenger was the Pope and he turned to the fourth passenger, a Lubavitcher Rabbi and said, "I am old, frail and don't have many years left. As a good Catholic, I will sacrifice my life and let you have the last parachute."

The Rabbi turned to him and said: "Thank you but it's really OK.... there are enough parachutes for both of us. America's greatest and cleverest President has just taken my Tallis bag."

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #63 on: March 20, 2020, 09:05:23 AM »

WELL......I made the mistake of going to WalMart this morning at about 8:15 a.m.

I needed some bananas and tomatoes....and wanted to see what else I could see....

Mostly what I saw was people behaving the way MR BK described.  It was horrifying.  Folks were getting at least two carts of items....stacked high.....

I got my bananas, tomatoes, and one onion.  I went down the aisle and got my sister a prepared salad for when she comes to do some maintenance on myself later today....  No ground beef.....no hot dogs except for cheese dogs....so I got the bun size dogs.

I got some water.....a four pack of paper towels (only one roll at home) and a four pack of toilet tissue (which I don't use, but I thought someone in my family might be desperate.)

Lines were long at the register - and the store has recently been renovated so there weren't as many registers as there used to be....most of which were never opened anyway.

A lady said here's the self checkout.  I said I never used it....and two of them said....it's easy we'll show you....

So they proceeded to ring up everything for me.  It turns out that I had picked up two packages of paper towels.....and I told them i thought one was Tp.  They let me keep one, then one of the ladies said we have a package of TP up here if you want it.

It had obviously been confiscated from some miscreant who tried to hoard it....so now it is mine....

I think it was the attitude of some folks that was the most scary....

THE END.

I am sorry it was so bad for you.  Your attitude was probably was they gave you the TP.  I have been extra nice telling the employees I feel bad for them, even when they don't have what I want.

Jane

« Reply #64 on: March 20, 2020, 09:07:33 AM »

I recall going with my mother to the market and in normal times our shopping cart would be filled.  I sometimes did the same.  I just hope all the goods in these very full carts were needed.

Jane

« Reply #65 on: March 20, 2020, 09:08:28 AM »

Dr Aronoff's office confirmed receipt of the medical clearances and my Monday arrival time of 6:30AM.

Good.  Continued vibes for your surgery and outcome!

Jane

« Reply #66 on: March 20, 2020, 09:09:15 AM »

The only thing I didn't find was spray disinfectant.

Went to the Dollar Tree for cookies and there was no there either.

That is not surprising.

Jane

« Reply #67 on: March 20, 2020, 09:09:37 AM »

Laundry is finished and spread out on my bed to be put away.  I will do that as soon as little Thatch tires of sleeping amongst it.  I think it's the happiest part of his life.  If he's happy, I'm happy.

Awww.

Jane

« Reply #68 on: March 20, 2020, 09:10:24 AM »

I just had my Lenox Hill Hospital call, asking if I were showing any signs of coronavirus infection, what drugs I was taking, allergies, prosthetics, etc.  They've asked me to show up at 6:00AM for 8:30 surgery.

Do you have a thermometer?

Jane

« Reply #69 on: March 20, 2020, 09:11:49 AM »

I have some picking up to do, but that can wait.  Tomorrow I will vacuum the jernt and change the litter.

If Gatorade is not on your shopping list please research it & electrolytes with the prep.

Jane

« Reply #70 on: March 20, 2020, 09:13:33 AM »

I watched the Governor of NY this morning and was impressed by his sincerity, lack of need for notes or teleprompter, and what he had to say.  He caught my attention by saying this is completely his responsibility. 

Jane

« Reply #71 on: March 20, 2020, 09:14:06 AM »

DR Vixmom I hope your boss was able to make it possible for everyone to work from home.

Jennifer

« Reply #72 on: March 20, 2020, 09:29:46 AM »

I decided to take my bike out for the first time yesterday. Normally I wouldn't take it out while the temps are in the 30s and 40s. But it was actually quite pleasant.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #73 on: March 20, 2020, 10:15:21 AM »

Laundry is finished and spread out on my bed to be put away.  I will do that as soon as little Thatch tires of sleeping amongst it.  I think it's the happiest part of his life.  If he's happy, I'm happy.

Awww.

It may be the Bounty dryer sheets and the heat, but he's lies among the dried clothes, rolls around, and has a wonderful time.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #74 on: March 20, 2020, 10:16:00 AM »

Do you have a thermometer?

Of course.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #75 on: March 20, 2020, 10:16:51 AM »

I watched the Governor of NY this morning and was impressed by his sincerity, lack of need for notes or teleprompter, and what he had to say.  He caught my attention by saying this is completely his responsibility. 

He's very good.  I like him.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #76 on: March 20, 2020, 10:31:56 AM »

Because we can always use a good Dreamgirls song.

https://youtu.be/b2le0-nXpEM
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #77 on: March 20, 2020, 10:32:24 AM »

Today’s workload is lighter.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #78 on: March 20, 2020, 11:35:17 AM »

I braved the supermarket. Got disposable gloves. But ice cream choices were limited.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #79 on: March 20, 2020, 11:35:33 AM »

Priorities.
― Voltaire

Jane

« Reply #80 on: March 20, 2020, 11:36:20 AM »

Awww.

It may be the Bounty dryer sheets and the heat, but he's lies among the dried clothes, rolls around, and has a wonderful time.

:) 

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #81 on: March 20, 2020, 11:36:49 AM »

The people with two very full carts are the issue here and as I've said many times, I'd guess that they've been back daily to do that.  I'd further guess that many of them are doing it for resale in mom and pop stores, gas station mini-marts, etc. but the fact is people are hoarding.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #82 on: March 20, 2020, 11:37:19 AM »

I'm up, I'm up - a little over eight hours of sleep.

Jane

« Reply #83 on: March 20, 2020, 11:37:52 AM »

I just ordered contacts and had to pay for them to be shipped directly to me.  As we were talking the official order came in for all optometrist offices to shut down.

Jane

« Reply #84 on: March 20, 2020, 11:38:18 AM »

I hope the contacts actually get shipped.  Sometimes this brand is on back order.

Jane

« Reply #85 on: March 20, 2020, 11:38:44 AM »

If my glasses weren't so old & scratched I wouldn't bother with contacts. 

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #86 on: March 20, 2020, 12:06:03 PM »

Heard from the guy overseeing my book.  The designer JUST looked at the revised cover files we sent him over a WEEK ago and said they're fine.  They're all nuts over there like everyone else, and of course had to move everyone to working at home.  Apologies and assurances I'd see something soon.  But whether they'll print when sent to the printers is an entirely other story.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #87 on: March 20, 2020, 12:07:55 PM »

Experiment three has been delivered and I guess I'll go pick it up now and hopefully there'll be an important envelope, too.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #88 on: March 20, 2020, 12:36:25 PM »

Important envelope vibes for MR BK.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #89 on: March 20, 2020, 12:36:41 PM »

Getting the contacts vibes for DR JANE.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up