Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: CHEESY POTATOES  (Read 24760 times)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
Re:CHEESY POTATOES
« Reply #120 on: December 28, 2004, 06:14:20 PM »

My critics might think I look better as a red x!  
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Danise

« Reply #121 on: December 28, 2004, 06:16:35 PM »

I don't know-that never happened before.  I scrolled to the top of the page and when I scrolled back down I could see everyone's picture but yours.  Then it was there again.  Strange.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #122 on: December 28, 2004, 06:19:31 PM »

I don't know-that never happened before.  I scrolled to the top of the page and when I scrolled back down I could see everyone's picture but yours.  Then it was there again.  Strange.

Cue "Twilight Zone" theme, orchestrated, just for fun's sake, in Donald Walker style by Elmoore.  :)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Jay

• This is the face of a voracious aficionado
« Reply #123 on: December 28, 2004, 06:22:57 PM »

I said I READ them. I never claimed to remember them.

A clear case of early onset dementia.  Screenwriter in Studio City loses all short term memory.  Starts taping hard copies of HHW posts on her walls, just to keep in touch.  (Oh.  A Company reference.)  Think of it as the love child of A Beautiful Mind and Memento.  Perfect subject matter for a movie on Lifetime.  I expect an executive producer credit on this one, Dear Reader Panni, when you pitch it to the channel.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2004, 06:46:58 PM by Jay »
You cannot change the past but you certainly can shape the future.

Danise

« Reply #124 on: December 28, 2004, 06:28:35 PM »

My critics might think I look better as a red x!  

Never!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #125 on: December 28, 2004, 06:28:58 PM »

As I understand "HIDDEN" in terms of this site, it's a registered user who doesn't want us to see his/her presence on the board.  The GUESTS are not, as I understand it, registered users, merely lurkers.  I could be wrong, however, and a "HIDDEN" could also just be a guest who is hiding.  I'll have to add that question to the other plethora of things that Mr. Mark Bakalor will soon have answers for.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #126 on: December 28, 2004, 06:40:32 PM »

Never!

DRDanise, you flirt!

I love the idea of DRPanni as Guy Pearce, DRJay, but perhaps it could be GASLIGHT, with the villain asking her, "Panni, where is the broach?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jay

« Reply #127 on: December 28, 2004, 06:49:35 PM »

I love the idea of DRPanni as Guy Pearce, DRJay, but perhaps it could be GASLIGHT, with the villain asking her, "Panni, where is the broach?

Hmmmm.  That would make me....Charles Boyer!
« Last Edit: December 28, 2004, 06:50:32 PM by Jay »

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #128 on: December 28, 2004, 06:54:53 PM »

Hmmmm.  That would make me....Charles Boyer!

Unless you want to be Joseph Cotten!

Danise

« Reply #129 on: December 28, 2004, 06:55:09 PM »

;)

Night all!

This flirt has got to work!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #130 on: December 28, 2004, 06:55:45 PM »

If you're Joseph Cotten, DRJay, we could jump to "Hush, Hush, Sweet Panni"!

Jay

« Reply #131 on: December 28, 2004, 07:09:06 PM »

If you're Joseph Cotten, DRJay, we could jump to "Hush, Hush, Sweet Panni"!

From which it would be a short leap to "Whatever Happened to Baby Panni?"

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #132 on: December 28, 2004, 07:13:33 PM »

DR DANISE re: the truck thing.  I don't think I WANT to know.

DtM - ain't it the truth about THE AMAZING RACE.  What a cheat.  West coasters it is a complete RE-cap show with no resolution to last week's race and the SAME coming attraction promo at the end.  You don't need to watch.

THE BEDFORD INCIDENT is on late tonight.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #133 on: December 28, 2004, 07:14:02 PM »

And don't forget PORTRAIT OF PANNI!  I love the theme music.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #134 on: December 28, 2004, 07:30:38 PM »

I’m exhausted and about to head into the bedroom.  I did read the posts and feel honored by the compliments sent my way.  Normally I would respond one by one with my mutual feelings.  I think you know I feel the same way and my general response just shows you how tired I really am.  

I want to thank all of the good vibes and wishes sent my way regarding Echo.  They worked.  The kids have left and we had a very nice Christmas and visit. :D

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #135 on: December 28, 2004, 08:03:56 PM »

DR Jane: I hope the critters are all doing well.

DR Danise: I know what you are talking about re trucks.

My head is feeling better now, thanks to the wonders of drugs. And the rain has begun. And the patio roof is leaking.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #136 on: December 28, 2004, 08:04:53 PM »

Is the upload folder emptied yet? I'm sure you all want to see the most recent photos of the church construction.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #137 on: December 28, 2004, 08:06:32 PM »

Good Evening!

Good show tonight.  And a good crowd - actually, we were sold out.  They even ended up holding the curtain for five minutes in order to get everyone seated.  This week is always a good "business" week at the theatre due to the holidays - family and friends visiting, etc.  I'm just wondering how business will be next week and beyond, if ticket sales have been affected by the less than stellar reviews... We shall see.  No word on the word of mouth...  In any case...
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #138 on: December 28, 2004, 08:14:06 PM »

I am close to my decision on the Apple Powerbook vs. a new Dell.  Leaning towards the former - have talked to many, many people and the consensus seems to be that I would adapt very fast, I'll have Word, it will be scads faster, I'll have wireless in the house as well as the road, and all the little stuff like iTunes and iMovie, etc. which are all extras on a PC.  

The one thing the Mac expert has suggested and I am tending to agree with him, is to buy a new one from a reputable dealer (he has a place in Oregon he uses - no sales tax and free shipping) rather than eBay.  There were two almost-new ones on eBay which came with the extended warranty and a few extras, but who knows what you're really getting - I think brand new out of the box is the way to go.  That way, I'm the first and only user.  Opinions always appreciated.  I think, however, decision time is on the 'morrow.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #139 on: December 28, 2004, 08:14:26 PM »

Is the upload folder emptied yet? I'm sure you all want to see the most recent photos of the church construction.

ATTENTION ALL DRs - Do you think it would be possible for some DR - even myself - to set up an account on Photo-Bucket or some other image hosting site that could be set up for all the DRs here on HHW?  This way we would not have to worry about the upload folder filling up.

I suppose the biggest logistic to worry about would be accessing the person-who-set-the-account-up's personal and billing information on said site since the password and login would have to be distributed to those DRs on this site who wish to post pics.

-Just wondering...

Otherwise, as BK mentioned, if any DRs would like to post some more pics, the easiest remedy is to go back to your own past posts and delete the photos from them.  Just click on your name on the left or go to the member directory.  At the bottom of the page, just go to the option that allows you display the last number of posts (1, 2, 10, 50, etc.).  Click on said option, and edit from there.

Or check to see if your online service makes personal web storage space available to you.  Then you can just upload the photos to that "space", and then just use the "insert image" option in the posts.

Did that make sense?

In any case...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #140 on: December 28, 2004, 08:25:26 PM »

My brother, Jay, came in tonight from San Diego!  It looks the Simbulan family will be ringing in 2005 with everyone in attendance!  -And January 1 is my brother Jay's birthday too.

Before he left San Diego, one of my aunts - one of many, many aunts - gave him a box of goodies to bring back with him.  In said box: pandesal (a Filipino bread/roll, hopia (Filipino pastries), assorted rice cakes with assorted fillings and toppings, as well as some calamansi (sp?) (a sort of citrus fruit, like a lime).  YUM!!  I've sampled some of them when I got back from the show, and I shall sample the rest of them over the next few days.

:)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #141 on: December 28, 2004, 08:32:23 PM »

The one thing the Mac expert has suggested and I am tending to agree with him, is to buy a new one from a reputable dealer (he has a place in Oregon he uses - no sales tax and free shipping) rather than eBay.  There were two almost-new ones on eBay which came with the extended warranty and a few extras, but who knows what you're really getting - I think brand new out of the box is the way to go.  That way, I'm the first and only user.  Opinions always appreciated.  I think, however, decision time is on the 'morrow.

I've had the same advice from Chris.  This way it insures that you receive all the perks and follow up customer service from Apple.  And purchasing the Apple-Care package has also been highly suggested to me.

As for the wireless capability... Do you already have a wireless set up in your house, or will you have to purchase the requisite modem, router and access point/node?  Although, I believe the setup for the Airport for Mac's is not as complicated as it is for PCs.

*I think I've told this story before - When I was playing for Aida (Elton John and Tim Rice not Verdi), the stage management crew would set up an Airport hub so that they could communicate easier during the show between the backstage, the light booth, the sound board, etc.  Well, it also allowed those with a Mac laptop to take advantage of the wireless internet.  It was great fun surfing the net between numbers!  As well as sending IMs across the pit!
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #142 on: December 28, 2004, 08:38:18 PM »

I haven't read much about Bill Murray's latest movie, but after reading all the praise for LOST IN TRANSLATION last year and then seeing it and finding it totally mediocre and overrated, I wouldn't be interested in seeing it.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #143 on: December 28, 2004, 08:42:30 PM »

How's this for weird. I had TWO VCRs die on me today. My 2 1/2 year old Toshiba bit the video head bullet today and no picture at all. So, I go to a 7 year old Funai that I've used as a backup and a second VCR to dub tape to tape. Anyway, it works for about an hour, and then, some circuit went haywire in it and now when I turn it on and insert a tape and hit play, it turns itself off without playing it. [sigh]

What would the odds be in two different machines biting the dust on the same day? Astronomical!

Matt H.

« Reply #144 on: December 28, 2004, 08:44:05 PM »

Watched my favorite THIN MAN movie - ANOTHER THIN MAN - on TCM this afternoon along with a bunch more DICK VAN DYKE episodes. Sometime in my future, I'm going to haul out another DVD movie to watch.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #145 on: December 28, 2004, 08:58:13 PM »

DtM - ain't it the truth about THE AMAZING RACE.  What a cheat.  West coasters it is a complete RE-cap show with no resolution to last week's race and the SAME coming attraction promo at the end.  You don't need to watch.

No no no!  I think it is a must see episode!  Lots of previously unseen clips.  Plus, for some reason, we are shown sides of the various teams that are clearly meant to make the audience want to root for only one of them.  Are we being set up for an emotional fall?
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #146 on: December 28, 2004, 09:04:06 PM »

I can't see anywhere an option to delete past posts once the thread is locked.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #147 on: December 28, 2004, 09:12:21 PM »

IMHO (internet lingo for "I am a ho"), photobucker.com is the way to go.  I've been registered as a non-paying member for a few months and I've yet to go over whatever the storage limit is.

And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #148 on: December 28, 2004, 09:21:31 PM »

I wish I had some cookies right now.  We had no cookies for Christmas this year.  I think I will write a teleplay for Hallmark's Hall of Fame--A Christmas Without Cookies.  It will be an enlightening and inspiring story of a bitter man and the lesson he learns one Christmas when he neglects to buy some Italian butter cookies, particularly the long kind that are chocolate-dipped on one end and sprinkled with red and green jimmies.  Hopefully, we can get Aidan Quinn or Charles Durning to star.  
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #149 on: December 28, 2004, 09:25:57 PM »

Speaking of cheesy potatoes, my sister told us at Christmas about the mashed potatoes she had at her in-laws on Christmas Eve.  They were a whipped concoction of potatoes, sour cream and chunks of cream cheese. I suspect that we are having this for New Year's Day dinner.
-- Anaïs Nin
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up