Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14   Go Down

Author Topic: BK'S BABBLE ON  (Read 36185 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re:BK'S BABBLE ON
« Reply #90 on: December 02, 2007, 08:51:20 AM »

Now, it's time for me to head down and get lunch preparation started.

WBBL.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #91 on: December 02, 2007, 08:52:02 AM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]Page Four Dance!!![/move]
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #92 on: December 02, 2007, 08:52:03 AM »

I am not a DOCTOR WHO watcher either.  I started many years ago....and the production design put me off the show....and I have never looked back, although I know that it is much different now....
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #93 on: December 02, 2007, 09:01:48 AM »

Time to get ready for the meeting.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Ben

« Reply #94 on: December 02, 2007, 09:17:54 AM »

Edi, if you read the Philip Pullman series, His Dark Materials, especially the first book, The Golden Compass (which is due out in movie theatres this week or next, I forget), Gobblers takes on a whole different meaning.

Fred, thank Skip again for loaning us the books. I'm just beginning Book Two now. They are quite exciting (though I have trouble seeing Nicole Kidman as Mrs. Coulter) and I'm looking forward to Book Three.

Ben

« Reply #95 on: December 02, 2007, 09:20:35 AM »

I need to find time in my schedule to see Little Mermaid and I need to see Les Miz again so I can see John Owen Jones. He's playing JVJ. He's a Welshman and Beverley Humphreys interviewed him on her BBC Radio Show a couple of months ago. She's excited about him making his Broadway debut. I hear he is quite good and I'd like to see him so I can report back to Beverley.

Oh, yes, I also want to see Is He Dead? and The Seafarers. There were free tickets at Equity for Seafarers for last night but I was just so tired I decided not to take advantage of the offer.

Ben

« Reply #96 on: December 02, 2007, 09:30:39 AM »

Oh, my! I'm hearing about the bad weather in the Midwest. I must call my sisters and brothers to make sure they are OK, but they've lived in Minnesota all their lives so I'm sure they are fine.

We are going to our first holiday open house this afternoon. I must shower and shave (after a morning of grocery shopping at Western Beef and Trader Joe's).

Later, gaters.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #97 on: December 02, 2007, 09:42:58 AM »

Hello, everyone.

I've been E&T for the last few days and am trying to catch up. You all know what that's like.

Thanks for both Singdaw and Jose for their feedback on BROTHERS AND SISTERS. I shall definitely give it a try!

My belated congrats to George on his zombie role.

PennyO

• Ah, if I knew then what I know now...
    • Penny Orloff
« Reply #98 on: December 02, 2007, 09:54:51 AM »

Hello, gang.

Well, I finally heard from the Folklife folk up in Seattle - they have offered The Job to another of the finalists - I was astonished at my sense of relief... Oh, had they offered it to me, I surely woulda jumped at the money, I tell yuz... but, yipes - whatta rats' nest... hence my sense of ease.

I offered two writing courses to the college where I graduated with a BA last July - the administrator of the undergrad division said I might fit in nicely with the Spring quarter curriculum... and two days later, he sent me an email to tell me the writing teacher had died the night before in his sleep... hmmmm.... may he rest in peace...

And my sister Tami had foot surgery last Monday, so I've been staying at her house to fetch and carry and cook dinner and stuff... And my brother Mikey has a big tumor on his chest that has to come out this week -- oy, vey - of all four of us sibs, I am (knock on wood) the only one to escape the nastier aspects of aging...
PennyO

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #99 on: December 02, 2007, 09:58:05 AM »

I met Jacques Urbont twice during my NYMF trip - very nice chap.  

MBarnum

« Reply #100 on: December 02, 2007, 09:58:20 AM »

DR Hisaka, it was so nice to see you lovely avatar and to catch up on how you have been! We adore you here at HHW! And golly, you are a busy gal! Take care of yourself and I hope to see you next time I am in Los Angeles!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #101 on: December 02, 2007, 09:58:41 AM »

I suppose I'm up.  Very cold in the home environment.  Outside the skies are blue, but I know not whether 'tis cold or hot.

Cillaliz

« Reply #102 on: December 02, 2007, 10:01:57 AM »

I often have to clean up cat hurl---several times a week, and sometimes even several times a day. But I've never had to clean it off of the back of my beautiful sofa. And I know who the culprit is...  *sigh* ..."The Gobbler".

Hey Edi! I had to clean up cat hurl this morning too!   Only now they are eating different food, so I can always tell who it was...

Cillaliz

« Reply #103 on: December 02, 2007, 10:03:57 AM »

DR Hisaka! So glad you stopped in to say hello and it sounds like, although you've  had some difficulties, you've also had some wonderful opportunities. I hope things continue to go well for you.  

Cillaliz

« Reply #104 on: December 02, 2007, 10:07:56 AM »

DR Danise,

I saw a 26" Sony at BB. Was this the one you were looking at?

It has some nice features. I won't bore folks with details here, but if you want to e-mail or private message me, we can talk about the equipment you have and how it might work with this TV.

If the 26" is not the one you were looking at, please private me with the URL, and I'll look at it and then give some opinions.

Matt, I don't know about everyone else, but I've learned a lot reading your posts about the details.  I'm not ready to get a tv right now, but I think I'll have a better idea of what to look for if you post at least some of the details.

MBarnum

« Reply #105 on: December 02, 2007, 10:09:26 AM »

I cannot decide if I should be productive today and go grocery shopping and travel to Target to buy the second bookcase (which I would have to then put together), or just sit on the couch all day and watch movies.

It is extremely rainy and windy and stormy out, so the sitting on the couch idea seems to be winning out.

MBarnum

« Reply #106 on: December 02, 2007, 10:11:02 AM »

I was copying some assorted vintage TV programs for a certain Indiana DR and I think my dvd burner on this here computer may have finally died (again).

However, I do still have some assorted goodies to send his way!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #107 on: December 02, 2007, 10:11:12 AM »

I'm glad Hisaka made her post.  She's a very sweet person.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #108 on: December 02, 2007, 10:12:51 AM »

I've done the table and chairs portion of the dining room, and am down to one small pile of stuff to file away somewhere.  There are two more chairs with large piles on them, and the hutch-like thing (not a hutch, but I don't know what you call it) with a lot of stuff on it - then I'm done.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #109 on: December 02, 2007, 10:13:44 AM »

Welcome nine GUESTS.

Cillaliz

« Reply #110 on: December 02, 2007, 10:14:43 AM »

Hello, gang.

Well, I finally heard from the Folklife folk up in Seattle - they have offered The Job to another of the finalists - I was astonished at my sense of relief... Oh, had they offered it to me, I surely woulda jumped at the money, I tell yuz... but, yipes - whatta rats' nest... hence my sense of ease.

I offered two writing courses to the college where I graduated with a BA last July - the administrator of the undergrad division said I might fit in nicely with the Spring quarter curriculum... and two days later, he sent me an email to tell me the writing teacher had died the night before in his sleep... hmmmm.... may he rest in peace...

And my sister Tami had foot surgery last Monday, so I've been staying at her house to fetch and carry and cook dinner and stuff... And my brother Mikey has a big tumor on his chest that has to come out this week -- oy, vey - of all four of us sibs, I am (knock on wood) the only one to escape the nastier aspects of aging...

VIBES OF EVERY SHAPE AND KIND TO DR PENNY O~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #111 on: December 02, 2007, 10:15:19 AM »

Good Morning!  Good Afternoon!

I'm up, I'm up... Wherever you are!

???  ?????
Make Your Own Luck.

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #112 on: December 02, 2007, 10:15:44 AM »

What a chilly December day here in sunny LA..
PennyO

Cillaliz

« Reply #113 on: December 02, 2007, 10:16:11 AM »

BK, You have done much better than I at the organizing stuff. Although the basement room is slowly shaping up.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #114 on: December 02, 2007, 10:16:18 AM »

And, yes, it iswas snowing here in NYC this morning.  It looks quite nice, but it does feel quite cold.  But, heck, it's December, it's supposed to be cold.  :)
Make Your Own Luck.

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #115 on: December 02, 2007, 10:16:40 AM »

Anyhow, up and running after the computer froze... and as I was saying, it looks like I just may be here in LA for the reading of the newest novel next week.
PennyO

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #116 on: December 02, 2007, 10:17:12 AM »

~~~~~VIBES TO DR PENNYO AND FAMILY~~~~~

Btw, what's the Yiddish term for "vibes"?   ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #117 on: December 02, 2007, 10:18:45 AM »

Writers!

Go to the Chicken Soup for the Soul website - they are still short a few stories for CS for the 20-something Soul, and have a Jan. 7 or 8 deadline for stories. Alternatively, go to the editor's site - www.christinehassler.com and get info there.
PennyO

Cillaliz

« Reply #118 on: December 02, 2007, 10:19:05 AM »

Th cats are baffled by the treadmill. They both sit and stare at me the whole time I'm on it. It really makes me laugh. Then the purr when I get off of it.  

I plan to stay in today.  I am kicking myself for not clearing the driveway yesterday, it's one large brick of ice and the ice melt I thought was in the garage isn't. So, I think I'll just stay in the house another day

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #119 on: December 02, 2007, 10:19:56 AM »

Thanks, Jose!

Vibes... hmmm... what the heck is the Yiddish term? In my case, right now it's "shpilkes..."
PennyO
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14   Go Up