Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: THE ENERGIZED ME  (Read 16550 times)

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
Re:THE ENERGIZED ME
« Reply #90 on: July 15, 2004, 04:41:43 PM »

...I'd like to say, "And one for Shakespeare."

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #91 on: July 15, 2004, 04:43:08 PM »

Celebrity sighting:  I've had two in the past 6 weeks, but I just ran into Peter Krause around 6:45 at Amsterdam and 81st Street.  I wonder if he's living around here while he's doing AFTER THE FALL?  On Sunday, June 6, I passed David Caruso at Lincolkn Center.  Oh, I got paid today as well, after all the aggravation of the morning.  Fab!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #92 on: July 15, 2004, 04:43:24 PM »

Danise, it's not as if I didn't know you were leaving, so you didn't cut me off.  :)

Bogie also waits for his dinner.  Keith just fed Echo so I had better get moving.

Jane

« Reply #93 on: July 15, 2004, 04:44:14 PM »

elmore I'm glad you finally received your money.

Danise

« Reply #94 on: July 15, 2004, 04:55:07 PM »

Woof, Woof--that's feed me, Mom in doggie talk!  

Being paid is always good!  I take it you have the same bad habits I have, Elmore.  I like a roof over my head and food on the table and I have 2 animals to feed.  Lord, help me if there were not doggie treats in the house!  LOL!
« Last Edit: July 15, 2004, 04:57:29 PM by Danise »
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #95 on: July 15, 2004, 04:58:41 PM »

Check again, Noel, I'm pretty sure I answered SOME question about the material.  If I'm misremembering, ask again and I'll answer when I get home from rehearsal.  Tonight we're learning some more material - including a medley of my Jewish Sondheim songs, which some of you might remember from One from Column A (the old Gluckman and Fitz Songbook - but we're not saying they're by G&F, just saying What if Stephen Sondheim had only written for the Jewish Musical Theater.

Jay

• This is the face of a voracious aficionado
« Reply #96 on: July 15, 2004, 05:11:21 PM »

Off to the Hollywood Bowl.  Again.  Good friends, fine picnicking, Mr. Esa Pekka Salonen, the Los Angeles Philharmonic, Miss Heidi Grant Murphy, Miss Stephanie Blythe, the Los Angeles Master Chorale, Mr. Gustav Mahler and the second of his symphonies, the magnificent "Resurrection" in C minor.

Until I return...
You cannot change the past but you certainly can shape the future.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #97 on: July 15, 2004, 05:15:59 PM »

elmore I'm glad you finally received your money.

Thank you, DRJane, it was probably your good will and energy that resolved the issue and not my screaming and yelling.  I can be patient when people are honest with me, and I understand cash flow problems.  In this case I feel I've been peed on and told that it's raining since June 29, and I couldn't do any more about it while I was out of town.  

The good news is that channel 25 is showing on "Opera New York" the 1939 film of MIKADO with Kenny Baker.  I haven't seen it in years, so I'll let Arthur Sullivan's beautiful score sooth my rage.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #98 on: July 15, 2004, 05:19:34 PM »

Off to rehearsal.  Keep the home fries burning.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #99 on: July 15, 2004, 05:21:54 PM »

I am too stupid to understand much Shakespeare. I can usually just follow the gist of a play.

The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #100 on: July 15, 2004, 05:23:07 PM »

Today I took four large bags of towels/rugs/blankets to the animal shelter. I was very strong and did not bring home a dog.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Tomovoz

« Reply #101 on: July 15, 2004, 05:25:57 PM »

Indeed DR Laura - the ultimate test of strength.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

td

• td
« Reply #102 on: July 15, 2004, 06:18:13 PM »

I just want to publicly state how much I appreciate all the extra effort put forth by one of our DRs.  Wonderful.  Witty.  Unselfish.  A true friend indeed and in deed, and yes, Tomovoz, I'm talking about you.  ;)
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Dan-in-Toronto

« Reply #103 on: July 15, 2004, 06:19:20 PM »

Today I took four large bags of towels/rugs/blankets to the animal shelter. I was very strong and did not bring home a dog.

As Tom says, the ultimate test of strength.

Years ago we went to the movies and bought a sweet mutt at the pet shop in the same mall. We named her Truffles. A few weeks later when I came home from work, Gord told me that a lost dog - another mutt - had come wandering by. She had no identification. I posted notices, canvassed the neighborhood, and had the local radio station make an announcement on its lost and found segment.

It was strange that nobody claimed this sweet, well-behaved dog. We decided to adopt her, and we called her Banjo. Months later Gord confessed that he had seen Banjo in the pet shop the night we fell in love with Truffles. He kept returning, and when it seemed like nobody wanted the dog, he broke down and got her - but dared not tell me. (We had yet another dog in the house at the time.) Banjo and Truffles were both terrific dogs - and they were always the best of friends.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #104 on: July 15, 2004, 07:13:57 PM »

Time to start getting dinner cooking.  Homestyle Hamburger Helper, meaning made without the box.

But before I get to that, good job news: I'll be putting in thirty-eight hours next week.  That's practically full time.  Which means that the boss likes what I'm doing.  (Either that or she's desperate.)

Back in a bit.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Michael

« Reply #105 on: July 15, 2004, 07:31:39 PM »

I want to remind people the wonderful recording of Shakespearen monologues called The Ages of Man recorded by Sir John Gielgud
Never stop dreaming.

Panni

« Reply #106 on: July 15, 2004, 07:34:03 PM »

I think my AOL is fixed. I finally gave in and called them. Hurray!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #107 on: July 15, 2004, 07:47:29 PM »

DR td:  TomofOz is, indeed, all those things.

Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

td

• td
« Reply #108 on: July 15, 2004, 07:55:19 PM »

okay, if you wanna see yours truly looking like the last rose of summer . . .feel free. . .

http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v305/minx_the_dog/goldblum/?

and, there are many DRs who are near and dear to me; this week, one of went above and beyond the call of duty for me, and I am grateful.  I like to show my gratefulness, but, this is the first time I've done it IN PUBLIC!

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #109 on: July 15, 2004, 07:57:49 PM »

Well, we shall see, re Castle Keep.  The difference between this and Annie is that Annie was announced as full screen pan and scan from the beginning.  Websites have erred pretty regularly, however, with other Columbia releases, announcing them erroneously as pan and scan only to have the DVD come out in its proper ratio.  In fact, it happened as recently as a few weeks ago, when everyone cancelled their preorders based on the erroneous info only to have the DVD show up in its proper ratio and enhanced.  It's not over until the fat lady sings.

Well, if Columbia/TriStar is sending out review copies of discs in a pan and scan format and thinking that RESPONSIBLE DVD reviewers are going to praise them knowing the original film was produced in Panavision, they're worse than stupid; they're inept.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #110 on: July 15, 2004, 08:04:19 PM »

Had another enjoyable sun and fun pool day. It was gorgeous weather here. In the 80s rather than the 90s for a change, wonderfully cool breezes blowing throughout the afternoon, and just enough clouds in the sky to give respite from the sun. What a glorious day!
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

td

• td
« Reply #111 on: July 15, 2004, 08:21:21 PM »

I know another special DR who will appreciate the fact that the DVD of THE APPLE is being reviewed:

http://www.dvdfile.com/software/review/dvd-video_8/apple.html

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #112 on: July 15, 2004, 09:25:27 PM »

Runners up:  MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING (don't like the Branagh film, prefer the old Shakespeare Festival Sam Waterston DVD)
I remember the Waterston DVD, my first exposure to MAAN.  And I remember loving it.  As "filmed" Shakespeare, I still prefer the Branagh (it's the cinematography), but the exuberance of the Waterston was wonderful.

Side note: Waterston is returning to MAAN in this year's Shakespeare in the Park.  If my time weren't so booked with work, I'd try to go see it!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #113 on: July 15, 2004, 10:34:30 PM »

This is keeping the home fries burning?  Oh, dear, oh dear, I shall have to eat some chips now and hope that someone comes back and has a frenzy, otherwise I fear we shall be achieving a brand new low.

Jane

« Reply #114 on: July 15, 2004, 10:39:13 PM »

Hi and goodnight.

We went out with friends tonight.  I will have to catch up on the posts tomorrow as I'm very tired now.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #115 on: July 15, 2004, 10:48:04 PM »

DR TD - great pictures...and thanks for the link to THE APPLE review.  

But really can this film be reviewed?  Can a mere mortal hope to express in mere words the glory that is THE APPLE?  Yes, I can hardly wait for the W I D E S C R E E N DVD version.  It's street date is just 2 days BEFORE my birthday.  It is indeed, as the reviewer claims it to be....that kind of cinema that allows itself to dream without ever questioning its owns choices and  soars on the wings of its own delirious imagination...All that AND MORE!!!   Read the review....buy the DVD....and believe your unbelieving eyes and ears!!

Beautiful sonnet choice DR DANISE.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #116 on: July 15, 2004, 10:48:54 PM »

So sad to be all alone in the world.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #117 on: July 15, 2004, 10:52:34 PM »

Nytol.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #118 on: July 15, 2004, 11:04:25 PM »

Too many people alone.  I've had my chips and now we need a posting frenzy that looks like it won't happen.  Surprise me, baby, surprise me.

Panni

« Reply #119 on: July 15, 2004, 11:08:57 PM »

I'm soooo tired, so I don't think I'm up to a major ....
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up