Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: THE RESTFUL SATURDAY DURING WHICH I DID NOT MUCH OF ANYTHING  (Read 9356 times)

TCB

• Because I can!
Re: THE RESTFUL SATURDAY DURING WHICH I DID NOT MUCH OF ANYTHING
« Reply #60 on: April 27, 2014, 11:21:23 AM »

Page Three!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Cillaliz

« Reply #61 on: April 27, 2014, 11:22:13 AM »

Redbox has "The Book Thief".  I want to see it but Keith still hasn't read the book.  DR Cilla, or anyone that has read the book, did you watch it yet?  I'm trying to decide if I should continue to wait for him to read it.

I haven't seen it yet

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #62 on: April 27, 2014, 11:22:46 AM »

Thanks.  I might have missed the news if you saw it while we were away.

Cillaliz

« Reply #63 on: April 27, 2014, 11:23:07 AM »

VIBES TO ALL WHO NEED THEM~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #64 on: April 27, 2014, 11:37:35 AM »

Yesterday DR DRUXY mentioned SAMMY FAIN & PAUL FRANCIS WEBSTER

Here are two rare (obscure) songs they wrote for films that most people no long remember.

1) This song from the movie The Stepmother is sung in two different styles in the opening and closing of the film. The movie now shows up in collections of other public domain movies like "Drive-In Favorites"

The song is called "Strange Are The Ways Of Love". This is the end title version.

A side note is there was another song with the exact same title that was nominated in 1959 for the film The Young Land.

http://youtu.be/79L310U7wIk

2) The most obscure film is "Half A House" and the song is "A World That Never Was". I've been looking for a copy of the film for the past three years with no success.

Maybe all copies are buried in the desert with the ATARI E.T. game.
“One thing’s universal,

Jennifer

« Reply #65 on: April 27, 2014, 11:38:05 AM »

thanks Drs Singdaw and Jane. Why would it be illegal for them to change a new pill for an expired one?They can see the prescription. The pain is now down to two or three out of ten. DR Jane I am actually not sure which doctor sent in the presription. I am also not sure which of two places I will go to get a new one. They are both five minutes away. One is a clinic and the other might be harder to get an appointment. It has rotating doctors.

Jennifer

« Reply #66 on: April 27, 2014, 11:40:34 AM »

DR Jane I saw the movie THE BOoK THIEF without reading the book and loved it. If he is not planning on reading it then he could easily just see the movie. I like to read the books first but i know some people prefer to see the movies first since the books are always better.

Jennifer

« Reply #67 on: April 27, 2014, 11:41:37 AM »

I wanted to get the kindle version of Red Gold today. Can anyone confirm that it is now working.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #68 on: April 27, 2014, 11:41:46 AM »

DR DRUXY is on TCM right now in IT HAPPENED AT THE WORLD'S FAIR...oh, and Elvis is in it, too.

Yes, I allowed Elvis to be billed over me.

:D
You can dream…or you can do.

Jennifer

« Reply #69 on: April 27, 2014, 11:45:14 AM »

I actually thought of an idea. I can order the sample first which is usually the first chapter. I will be able to see the formatting from that. I almost never use the sample option. I know some people sample books before buying them. But i never do that. The only time i might get the sample is if i am waiting for the library book but want to start the book sooner.

Jane

« Reply #70 on: April 27, 2014, 11:48:22 AM »

DR Jane I saw the movie THE BOoK THIEF without reading the book and loved it. If he is not planning on reading it then he could easily just see the movie. I like to read the books first but i know some people prefer to see the movies first since the books are always better.

He already purchased the eBook but at the rate he reads it could take forever.  Since he purchased the book I hate to waste it. ;)

Jane

« Reply #71 on: April 27, 2014, 11:48:49 AM »

I actually thought of an idea. I can order the sample first which is usually the first chapter. I will be able to see the formatting from that. I almost never use the sample option. I know some people sample books before buying them. But i never do that. The only time i might get the sample is if i am waiting for the library book but want to start the book sooner.

Excellent idea.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #72 on: April 27, 2014, 11:49:55 AM »

Migraine be gone vibes to DR Jennifer!
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #73 on: April 27, 2014, 11:54:35 AM »

thanks Drs Singdaw and Jane. Why would it be illegal for them to change a new pill for an expired one?They can see the prescription. The pain is now down to two or three out of ten. DR Jane I am actually not sure which doctor sent in the presription. I am also not sure which of two places I will go to get a new one. They are both five minutes away. One is a clinic and the other might be harder to get an appointment. It has rotating doctors.

I'm glad you are feeling better.  If you have the bottle with the script it should state the name of the doctor, at least it would here.  If you recently ordered the prescription and they had already expired then I agree they should replace the pills.  On the other hand if you had the script a long time....scripts expires if you don't fill them after x number of days & you wouldn't have been able to fill it at all.   

Even if it is legal I can imagine the paperwork for replacing, even if they charge you, expired pills could be complicated.  You hurt and you wanted your pills, I get it.   

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #74 on: April 27, 2014, 12:04:03 PM »

Final performance of LITTLE WOMEN this afternoon.  it seems very strange to have a 3:00 p.m. maitnee, but I guess they are doing it, so that they don't have an overlap with the chuch next door that shares a rather thin wall with the theater.
“One thing’s universal,

FJL

« Reply #75 on: April 27, 2014, 12:14:31 PM »

What time are Sunday matinees normally there, TCB?  (In New York City, it's normally Wed. and Sat. at 2, but Sunday at 3.) 

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #76 on: April 27, 2014, 12:18:28 PM »

I wanted to get the kindle version of Red Gold today. Can anyone confirm that it is now working.

It is not. I would wait, DR Jennifer.
I just come here for the novelty coffee mugs and their trenchant commentary on the little ironies of everyday life.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #77 on: April 27, 2014, 12:23:24 PM »

From what I understand, the Kindle is now fine.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #78 on: April 27, 2014, 12:24:02 PM »

Our Marryin' Sam is having a hard time with those two songs.  In Cornpone, he's using the movement to help him. 

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #79 on: April 27, 2014, 12:25:05 PM »

I was up twice, but stayed in bed - I'm quite sure I got eleven hours of blessed sleep somewhere in there.  Voice is weakish but I am feeling better.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #80 on: April 27, 2014, 12:25:20 PM »

What time are Sunday matinees normally there, TCB?  (In New York City, it's normally Wed. and Sat. at 2, but Sunday at 3.) 

All the other Sunday matinees in town are at 2:00.  Tacoma Youth Theatre will be thrilled to know that they are in the groove with New York!
“One thing’s universal,

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #81 on: April 27, 2014, 12:51:57 PM »

Hello, everyone.

CONTINUED FEEL-BETTER VIBES TO BK!!

FJL

« Reply #82 on: April 27, 2014, 12:53:43 PM »

All the other Sunday matinees in town are at 2:00.  Tacoma Youth Theatre will be thrilled to know that they are in the groove with New York!

:) :)

FJL

« Reply #83 on: April 27, 2014, 12:54:37 PM »

Has this already been posted here -

26 Restaurant Secrets Only Your Waiter and Waitress Know

http://www.thrillist.com/eat/nation/restaurant-secrets-things-only-waiters-and-waitresses-know?ref=twitter-869

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #84 on: April 27, 2014, 12:57:05 PM »

DR Jennifer, so sorry you're having a migraine, but glad that it's improving. I used to take Fiorinal long ago. It can be very effective. I recommend you try magnesium threonate, a new form of magnesium that gets up into the brain, which other form of mag cannot. It is ideal for migraines. I take Life Extension's Neuro Mag, but there are other brands available. You can either take it as-needed along with the Fiorinal when a migraine starts (take it immediately) or take it daily for a while to avoid migraines in the future. My osteopath tried it and completely eliminated her migraines. It's also helping her with headaches in general, which she says is a real feat.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #85 on: April 27, 2014, 12:59:13 PM »

And, yes, I'm fighting one myself today. Mine is the result of a VERY errant spine. I'll see the osteopath on Tuesday for treatment. Thankfully, mine didn't go into the visual disturbances stage and, like Jennifer's, is working its way out.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #86 on: April 27, 2014, 01:05:18 PM »

Re expiration dates: software can be designed to expire on a certain date, but drugs cannot. Most prescriptions are given an expiration date one year after the date they are filled. I suspect this has a lot to do with selling more of the product. Expired drugs may not be as effective as fresh ones, but I know of no reason why they can't still be used, as long as the situation isn't critical. Oils are an exception, as they get rancid, but that's another thing altogether.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #87 on: April 27, 2014, 01:08:05 PM »

Jane, I both read THE BOOK THIEF and saw the movie. I loved both. I was very, very pleased with the film. A couple things were left out, but it worked well and was very true to the book. I wouldn't say that Keith needs to read the book first.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #88 on: April 27, 2014, 01:10:05 PM »

Singdaw, when I did LI'L ABNER with Bluth Brothers eons ago no one used any sort of tricks that I recall. The tunes are sooo catchy that it's easy to keep them in your head. But that's from hindsight.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #89 on: April 27, 2014, 01:11:32 PM »

DR DRUXY is on TCM right now in IT HAPPENED AT THE WORLD'S FAIR...oh, and Elvis is in it, too.

Yes, I allowed Elvis to be billed over me.

:D

That was big of you.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up