Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 17   Go Down

Author Topic: KEEPING UP  (Read 46550 times)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
Re:KEEPING UP
« Reply #120 on: April 05, 2007, 10:48:58 AM »

Digital cable with HD coming tomorrow.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #121 on: April 05, 2007, 10:50:26 AM »

Last night I saw a piece of drek called Howard Katz. It had a stage full of talented people, such as Alfred Molina and the wonderful, wonderful Elizabeth Franz and Euan Morton but they couldn't make me like this play any better. It was one of those 90 minute wonders with no intermission because they know if there was an intermission they would lose half the audience. I did not care a whit about any one of the whiney, pathetic and sad people on the stage and couldn't wait until it was over. Oh, well. You pays your money and you takes your chances.

I know exactly what you mean!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #122 on: April 05, 2007, 10:51:23 AM »

I hope you've acquired a component cable so that you get the best possible picture!

You've barely said squat about your new set....have you seen an HD broadcast yet?
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #123 on: April 05, 2007, 10:52:01 AM »

Page 5 HDTV dance.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #124 on: April 05, 2007, 10:52:59 AM »

I hope you've acquired a component cable so that you get the best possible picture!

You've barely said squat about your new set....have you seen an HD broadcast yet?

No, but I will once I see what kind of box they bring me.

I am enjoying it muchly.  I just wish the programming was better.  Of course with enhanced DIGITAL I get many more channels...so time will tell.   8)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #125 on: April 05, 2007, 10:53:13 AM »

Tonight's repeats on network TV will give me an opportunity to rewatch a "Smallville" episode in HD.  I think this show is amazing in HD.

Jennifer

« Reply #126 on: April 05, 2007, 10:53:47 AM »

RE IDOL.

I just cannot say any way that sanjaya could win. Right now it seems like he's in the middle with popularity. But once we get down to 2 or 3 all the other votes will be divided. And i can't imagine that anyone who hasn't voted for him till now would start.

I really think that there are many more people who dislike him than like him.  And i really cannot see him staying more than 2 more weeks.  Well perhaps haley and phil will go before him.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #127 on: April 05, 2007, 10:54:49 AM »

DR SwishySarah -

I have often fantasized about working at Borders, mainly because I covet that [presumably] terrific employee discount...

But if you work at a library, everything's free!! :D

Of course, you don't get to keep it, but you can get almost ANYTHING! ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #128 on: April 05, 2007, 10:55:12 AM »

I don't yet have digital cable, but with my rabbit ears, I pick up quite a lot of both digital and HD over-the-air broadcasts.  Of course, I don't know what over-the-air channels you might be able to receive where you are...in Oakland, we have many, many signals.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #129 on: April 05, 2007, 10:57:01 AM »

RE IDOL.

I just cannot say any way that sanjaya could win. Right now it seems like he's in the middle with popularity. But once we get down to 2 or 3 all the other votes will be divided. And i can't imagine that anyone who hasn't voted for him till now would start.

I really think that there are many more people who dislike him than like him.  And i really cannot see him staying more than 2 more weeks.  Well perhaps haley and phil will go before him.

It's so pathetic that he wasn't in the bottom three.  Every one of those three are light years better than Sanjaya.

What troubles me most is that Sanjaya may have gotten the most votes out of the middle three...which would mean he got the fourth highest number of votes.  

Jennifer

« Reply #130 on: April 05, 2007, 10:58:04 AM »

LOST SPOILERS.

I really enjoyed last night's show. But i realized hurley was conning sawyer before the reveal. I found it interesting that juliet had the keys to the handcuffs the whole time. And that she will now be returning to camp. Also i wonder what will happen with locke (why did he go with them?)

I'm curious, every recent episode has had some big reveal at the end. I don't remember it always being this way. Has it?

For anyone who loves the show i recommend the http://www.televisionwithoutpity.com forums.  You can read the recaps. And go to the forums (general gabbery). Each week's show has their own chat.

Here is this week:

http://forums.televisionwithoutpity.com/index.php?showtopic=3152699&st=0
« Last Edit: April 05, 2007, 11:01:13 AM by Jennifer »

MusicGuy

• ...at an audition to accompany Guy Haines...
« Reply #131 on: April 05, 2007, 10:58:27 AM »

Well, to all of the varied and sun-dried DRs who seem to watch Americon Idol ........ I just don't get it.  I made myself watch the 30 minute "recap, re-hash, public vote" show last night, and it just strikes me as incredible that so many people can fall for all of the hype of "text this message here," and "be sure to phone this number here."  The level of "non-talent" is really shown up for present-day pop music shriekers and wailers, when they are asked to sing a standard song, with a recognizable melody, which requires phrasing and beautiful sustained tone.  

BUT.... equally as surprising was the incredibly bad performance by Michael Buble.  I have to wonder about the studio set-up, and if the singers can properly hear the orchestra accompaniment, etc..  I have heard Buble live, and he was a good solid "on-pitch" singer.  But last night, there were terrible intonation problems, and at one point he even sang the wrong melody note for the song.  

It is, I guess, just another great example of selling the American public low level entertainment, but wrapped in a shiny, glitzy, nerve-jarring package, that makes the public believe :...oh goody, I actually get to be a part of this."

But what the hell do I know!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #132 on: April 05, 2007, 11:01:19 AM »

I thought Buble was having some problems, too.  But he was a last minute replacement for Tony Bennett who had the "flu".  

singdaw

« Reply #133 on: April 05, 2007, 11:02:33 AM »

I shall now de-groggify apace.

Be careful!  Paces do not always like being de-groggified.

George

« Reply #134 on: April 05, 2007, 11:03:18 AM »

I was very sad to read of the death of film director Bob Clark (A CHRISTMAS STORY, MURDER BY DECREE, PORKYS) and his son in a traffic accident yesterday. They were not at fault. Of course, the couple who hit them lived, the driver being intoxicated. What a shame! If I can get to it, I'd like to watch MURDER BY DECREE in his memory at some point today.

Not only was the driver intoxicated, he was driving without a license. :(
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jennifer

« Reply #135 on: April 05, 2007, 11:03:42 AM »

It's so pathetic that he wasn't in the bottom three.  Every one of those three are light years better than Sanjaya.

What troubles me most is that Sanjaya may have gotten the most votes out of the middle three...which would mean he got the fourth highest number of votes.  

I looked at it the other way and was hopeful that he had the least votes of the three. I would imagine that blake had more votes than him.

I do think though that other than melinda, popularity probably changes week to week (i.e., there is probably not that much difference between say blake and jordin).

We saw that sanjaya was in the bottom 2 many weeks ago. I'm not sure if that was before the howard stern thing. But it just takes one week for him to get the lowest. I'll bet there are not that many votes between him and the bottom.

Well we can hope.

singdaw

« Reply #136 on: April 05, 2007, 11:04:13 AM »

I want:

An official Disney release of "Song of the South"

I had read somewhere that, while still not confirmed, this is more likely at some point in the not-too-distant future.

George

« Reply #137 on: April 05, 2007, 11:05:40 AM »

Today is my MRI. I hope they will find something rather than nothing so we can figure out the cause.

~~~Vibes for Michael's MRI!!~~~

singdaw

« Reply #138 on: April 05, 2007, 11:06:13 AM »

Anyone else looking forward to seeing BK's new listing of available CDs from his storage facility?

The answer is yes.

singdaw

« Reply #139 on: April 05, 2007, 11:07:03 AM »

Perhaps we can convince DR Sandra to post some of her grandma's jello recipes.

:o

I hope she does!!!   ;D

George

« Reply #140 on: April 05, 2007, 11:09:35 AM »

I love to try odd and unusual foods!!

Eel I am very fond of. Frogs legs I tried as a kid as well as chocolate covered ants.  Beef tongue, heart, chicken gizzards (fried), tripe, chicken feet...all of which I enjoy.

Pigs feet I have tried a few times but did not totally enjoy. They were store bought however, and I would image that if I were to eat home cooked pigs feet I would like them just fine. But the store bought just has way too much vinegar.

I have yet to try brains, but hope to someday.

I would rather...not.

singdaw

« Reply #141 on: April 05, 2007, 11:09:53 AM »

The feets should be rescinded.

What timing!  What...rapport!    ;D

George

« Reply #142 on: April 05, 2007, 11:10:01 AM »

And on that note, I'm off to work (after I shower and all that). :)

singdaw

« Reply #143 on: April 05, 2007, 11:10:32 AM »

Hoo and Ray for DR JRand56!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #144 on: April 05, 2007, 11:12:49 AM »

Hoo and Ray for DR JRand56!

Welcome to the 21st Century, I know....I know....   :P

DR RLP - I have looked around for some over the air broadcasts, but my television channel numbers - even with my VCR off correspond to the cable channels, so I think I would have to unhook my VCR/cable to receive the over the air channels...so NO no HD as yet.  8)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #145 on: April 05, 2007, 11:14:29 AM »

I don't yet have digital cable, but with my rabbit ears, I pick up quite a lot of both digital and HD over-the-air broadcasts.  

I don't think they're so bad.  ;D

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #146 on: April 05, 2007, 11:16:29 AM »

I want:

An official Disney release of "Song of the South"

I think DR Francios mentioned that Disney is reconsidering their reluctance in releasing this.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #147 on: April 05, 2007, 11:17:06 AM »

I watched the AI wrapup show last night....sure saves time not watching the HOUR show the night before.

Gina's outfit was not empire-waisted that I could tell....or maybe it was trying to be....but why was her skirt pulled up under her teles?

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #148 on: April 05, 2007, 11:17:52 AM »

Like this:

Ben

« Reply #149 on: April 05, 2007, 11:23:01 AM »

Jack, no not Katz, now and forever, more like cat box leavings  ;)

I don't know if they had hopes for this show but like many subscription shows at the NY regional theatres (Manhattan Theatre Club, Second Stage, Roundabout), it will finish the run and disappear into the great theatrical ether in the sky.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 17   Go Up