Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: ELIJAH THE NO-SHOW  (Read 11708 times)

TCB

• Because I can!
Re: ELIJAH THE NO-SHOW
« Reply #150 on: March 30, 2010, 03:01:29 PM »

PAGE SIX!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #151 on: March 30, 2010, 03:12:25 PM »

Of course we are very excited to have Butler University in the World Series and wish them all the best.

Butler University is the home of much of my post graduate Dance Education!

The World Series?  Is that anything like the Final Four?
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #152 on: March 30, 2010, 03:21:22 PM »

I am scrunched.

Have you tried clicking on your picture in your post?

I clicked on Jack and it made him get bigger.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #153 on: March 30, 2010, 03:24:59 PM »

TOD - I just made burgers for our "Welcome Home, Rob!" dinner last night.  We use Laura's Lean ground round and grill them on our George Foreman grill.

My favorite fast food burger is Culver's Butter Burger, especially when followed by a small caramel cashew sundae made with their vanilla frozen custard.  Also, in Lima, there's a famous burger place called Kewpie that Richard likes because he can get a burger with his favorite topping - chopped green olives.

Yum!  Richard and I are going to have to visit Kewpie some time.
“One thing’s universal,

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #154 on: March 30, 2010, 03:39:07 PM »

It has been one long day and I am happy to be home. I have some WIZARD OF OZ work for a bit.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #155 on: March 30, 2010, 03:47:54 PM »

Back from the dry cleaners and picking up clothes, the mail place and picking up mail (and a package), and did some work on the blocking, but I need to do the rest while I'm with my assistant so I can verbalize the bigger scenes and have her write down stuff.

The package contained Blu and Rays of John Woo's The Killer and An Education.

John Woo directed AN EDUCATION?
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #156 on: March 30, 2010, 03:55:20 PM »

Keefe Brasselle.  I have never seen THE EDDIE CANTOR STORY, but I fondly recall Mr. Brasselle's summer variety show, which I believe replaced Gary Moore.  They used to sing the HA HA SONG, and it always made me laugh.  I think Ruth Buzzi was also on that show.
“One thing’s universal,

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #157 on: March 30, 2010, 04:00:58 PM »

I had a couple of matzohs to tide me over, but I'm still starving.  Well, I should be on my way to food in about forty-five minutes, although I do have to decide where I'm eating.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #158 on: March 30, 2010, 04:01:36 PM »

DR DRUXY.....Gerald Mohr starred with Miss Allison Hayes in a couple of television things back in the day.   ;D

Maybe he looked too much like Bogart...when Bogart was still around.

I noticed the resemblance, at first glance, not so much the second ;D

Jane

« Reply #159 on: March 30, 2010, 04:05:39 PM »

Speaking of journals, I'm just about finished THE RED LEATHER DIARY by Lily Koppel.  I had started it about a year ago but misplaced it on a weekend trip (it was just returned to me.)  What a wonderful book!  I've always had a strong affinity for the early 30's, especially involving Manhattan and its environs--I really do think I lived there in my previous life.  I think a couple of peeps here have also read this book.  I recommend it highly.

DR Dan - my book group read The Red Leather Diary last year and loved it!

How many pages is it?  I'm looking for small, as in lightweight, books to check out from the library.

Jane

« Reply #160 on: March 30, 2010, 04:13:36 PM »

Ahhhhhhhhhh....THREE ON A COUCH.  I don't think I ever saw that movie.

I try to avoid all of Jerry Lewis' movies.

;D

Me, too. As much as I like to help folks when one of these cinema questions comes up, if it's Jerry Lewis oriented, I can be of NO help. I stopped watching him when he and Dean went their separate ways. I did see HARDLY WORKING because I had to review it, but all of those hits he churned out in the late 1950s and 1960s, I never saw a single one of them and never wanted to.

What about KING OF COMEDY, which is very different from anything else he did.

Jane

« Reply #161 on: March 30, 2010, 04:15:39 PM »

Having actually seen most of Jerry's output, I'll stick up for him.  Several of his solo films are hilarious and wonderfully done.

I think he was wonderful in THE NUTTY PROFESSOR!!

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #162 on: March 30, 2010, 04:16:55 PM »

Anybody know of any songs about aprons? The organist at church has been asked to play an apron song at a mother/daughter banquet. Any suggestions?
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Jane

« Reply #163 on: March 30, 2010, 04:17:47 PM »

From Jose:
DR Jane - Does your cellphone have a camera? ;)   

The photos come out blurry-sorry ;)

Jane

« Reply #164 on: March 30, 2010, 04:20:12 PM »

John G, cream of wheat tasting matzo ball soup?  I find this & your mother's soup intriguing.

Jane

« Reply #165 on: March 30, 2010, 04:28:17 PM »

I skipped my morning workout to clean & am now exhausted.  I even managed to put clean sheets on the bed all by myself, another new accomplishment :)  Keith was busy cleaning the floors & other work so I was motivated not to interrupt him.

We were snowed in this morning & had to cancel an important visit with the dermatologist.  I'm still waiting for a call back to see when we can go.  I already canceled an appointment following my surgery & am very upset to have missed this one.  Darn, if the snow didn't melt just as we would have left.  Odd too, the snow was still falling but the ground was so warm it kept melting.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #166 on: March 30, 2010, 04:35:41 PM »

Jerry Lewis was wonderful in "King of Comedy," not a typical Jerry Lewis movie. Also liked DeNiro, Sandra Bernhard, Shelley Hack and Dianne Abbott as well as the soundtrack.

That's one l like, but as you say, it's not really a Jerry Lewis movie.
You can dream…or you can do.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #167 on: March 30, 2010, 04:47:25 PM »

I shall now be on my way to sup and then our first rehearsal, after which I shall return.

John G.

« Reply #168 on: March 30, 2010, 05:00:55 PM »

From Jose:
DR Jane - Does your cellphone have a camera? ;)   

The photos come out blurry-sorry ;)
Isn't that a Sondheim song? "You're blurry-sorry ..."
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #169 on: March 30, 2010, 05:02:46 PM »

John G, cream of wheat tasting matzo ball soup?  I find this & your mother's soup intriguing.
She would make balls of cream of wheat and float them in the soup. They were similar in texture to the matzo balls. Plus the broth was chicken.
― Voltaire

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #170 on: March 30, 2010, 05:18:41 PM »

Speaking of journals, I'm just about finished THE RED LEATHER DIARY by Lily Koppel.  I had started it about a year ago but misplaced it on a weekend trip (it was just returned to me.)  What a wonderful book!  I've always had a strong affinity for the early 30's, especially involving Manhattan and its environs--I really do think I lived there in my previous life.  I think a couple of peeps here have also read this book.  I recommend it highly.

How many pages is it?  I'm looking for small, as in lightweight, books to check out from the library.

DR Jane, the paperback is over 300 pages, but the copy I have is made of amazingly light paper--the book is not at all heavy.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #171 on: March 30, 2010, 05:24:54 PM »

Anybody know of any songs about aprons? The organist at church has been asked to play an apron song at a mother/daughter banquet. Any suggestions?

"Apron In Paris"?
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #172 on: March 30, 2010, 05:29:56 PM »

There's a folk song about an unhappy unwanted pregnancy: "Once I Wore My apron Low." I don't think it's quite right.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

John G.

« Reply #173 on: March 30, 2010, 05:31:57 PM »

There's a folk song about an unhappy unwanted pregnancy: "Once I Wore My apron Low." I don't think it's qite right.
I suggested "Apron in Paris" myself, so I guess great minds ...
I like the sounds of this one, though, DR Elmore. Will investigate that one myself.
― Voltaire

Jane

« Reply #174 on: March 30, 2010, 05:37:12 PM »

She would make balls of cream of wheat and float them in the soup. They were similar in texture to the matzo balls. Plus the broth was chicken.

So, you have traditional matzo ball soup at the seder ;)

My mother made turkey soup instead of chicken, or sooooo delicious!!!

Jane

« Reply #175 on: March 30, 2010, 05:38:33 PM »

DR Jane, the paperback is over 300 pages, but the copy I have is made of amazingly light paper--the book is not at all heavy.

Clarify please....Are you saying the paperback isn't heavy or the hardcover?  If I get it from the library it will likely be a hard copy.

td

• td
« Reply #176 on: March 30, 2010, 05:41:32 PM »

Ricky Martin is gay and all is right with the world.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Jane

« Reply #177 on: March 30, 2010, 05:41:43 PM »

I have a couple of lightweight hardcover books to return to the library.  I checked & they are both about 300 pages.  I'm glad I still have them here to return.  I want to see if I can find a few other books to check out before making a trip to the library. 

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #178 on: March 30, 2010, 05:59:28 PM »

Good Evening!

Just checking in for a bit before I have to head back out into the annoying drizzle...
Make Your Own Luck.

Jane

« Reply #179 on: March 30, 2010, 05:59:45 PM »

I can't remember my first hamburger, probably because my mother made delicious hamburgers at home.  The only ones I liked as much were at Stats.

My mother made a wonderful hamburger Hors d'œuvre for parties.  She would cut up small squares or circles of good Jewish Rye bread, place a small patty on the bread & then top with a little cheese & melt it in the broiler.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up