Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down

Author Topic: PITHY POSTS  (Read 24077 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re:PITHY POSTS
« Reply #210 on: February 03, 2006, 08:25:06 PM »

So, I ended up watching IN JUSTICE during the time I would have been watching MONK. It will be watched tomorrow during the preparation and consumption of lunch.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #211 on: February 03, 2006, 08:27:56 PM »

Page 8 FANTASIA Toadstool Dance!!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #212 on: February 03, 2006, 08:36:45 PM »

Good Evening!

...Three more to go...  -And you could tell people were starting to get a little emotional tonight...  But that's a good thing.

:)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #213 on: February 03, 2006, 08:38:14 PM »

Just don't add the Iwo Jim Memorial to that run...you might get sidetracked.

I know what you mean.  That Carillon is quite beautiful.

;D
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #214 on: February 03, 2006, 08:39:42 PM »

And another one bites the dust...

Into the Mist: Broadway's Woman in White Will Close Feb. 19

...And I was actually sort of looking forward to seeing the show with Judy Kuhn.... Ah, well.
Make Your Own Luck.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #215 on: February 03, 2006, 08:45:25 PM »

Dakota if you can catch the show from the beginning it would be great, but not necessary.

I will have to check and see if it is on DVD and available at the video..
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Matt H.

« Reply #216 on: February 03, 2006, 08:46:29 PM »

Wow! I hadn't been paying much attention to the grosses, but this surprises even me! I thought it'd at least play through the summer.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #217 on: February 03, 2006, 08:47:45 PM »

I'm home. And tired.

I thought Deceit was brilliant. There were many possibilities bouncing around in my head (and there's plenty of room for things to bounce in there) but I didn't guess the final outcome.

This afternoon I stopped at the Salton Sea and took a walk. But since I forgot to take my camera, I can't post the photo I didn't take.

DRLaura, sounds like you had a wonderful time...

I hate that when that happens, forgetting the camera to take pictures...
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #218 on: February 03, 2006, 08:49:09 PM »

Note to DR Stephanie -- I accidentally bought a ticket for the wrong night (see what happens when you buy things online when you are not wearing your glasses?) So if you would like a free ticket for February 23, please email me at DearReaderLaura@hotmail.com and I will send it to you.

DRLaura, I can you send a PM with Stephanie's email addy...

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #219 on: February 03, 2006, 08:51:06 PM »

DRLaura, I can you send a PM with Stephanie's email addy...

Sure
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Tomovoz

« Reply #220 on: February 03, 2006, 08:53:17 PM »

Sounds like I'm not alone!!  Imax musical with little going for it!!

Not even Judy Kuhn could save it for me!  Or were you intending to sit with her DR Jose?
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Matt H.

« Reply #221 on: February 03, 2006, 08:53:46 PM »

That WOMAN IN WHITE press release from the link was absurd. Yes, obviously there have been sick cast members, but if the show were selling more than 58% capacity, they wouldn't care if understudies were playing every major role. They're not closing the show because people have been sick.

Or, are they saying that the absences of these two talented (but hardly huge box-office draws) leading players - Maria Friedman and Michael Ball - are what has dented the box-office? It couldn't be that the show was just never going to be a big draw in NYC?

Matt H.

« Reply #222 on: February 03, 2006, 08:56:20 PM »

Well, I didn't get nearly enough sleep last night, so I'm going down now to try to rectify that situation tonight.

Good evening, everyone!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #223 on: February 03, 2006, 09:02:34 PM »

Sure

check your box

Like your bird!!  Glad you got home safely

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #224 on: February 03, 2006, 09:13:20 PM »

That WOMAN IN WHITE press release from the link was absurd. Yes, obviously there have been sick cast members, but if the show were selling more than 58% capacity, they wouldn't care if understudies were playing every major role. They're not closing the show because people have been sick.

Or, are they saying that the absences of these two talented (but hardly huge box-office draws) leading players - Maria Friedman and Michael Ball - are what has dented the box-office? It couldn't be that the show was just never going to be a big draw in NYC?

Yeah... The press release was/is weird.  It made it seem like they're closing the show because everyone is getting sick.  Well, they have understudies and swings - and I know two of them, so...  Besides, since Maria Friedman and Michael Ball were not listed above the title, there were no refunds involved.

*I also know the bass player for the show, and had got an early word about the closing this afternoon before the news hit the internet.

Their grosses have been good, but a lot of the ticket sales have been at a discount.  I'm guessing that they had no advance sales going into late February and March - which is sort of 'weird' (in a bad sense) since that is usually when ticket sales start to pick up again due to the spring tourist season and school groups of Spring Break.

And since Maria Friedman was taking a break from the show... -I actually would have thought that Judy Kuhn would have caused a minor spike in sales, or at least in interest....

And Michael Ball was leaving soon too at the end of his contract...

I guess The Drowsy Chaperone has a theatre now!  ;)

We shall see...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #225 on: February 03, 2006, 09:14:01 PM »

Sounds like I'm not alone!!  Imax musical with little going for it!!

Not even Judy Kuhn could save it for me!  Or were you intending to sit with her DR Jose?

:)

Well, now that she's free for dinner...

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #226 on: February 03, 2006, 09:16:37 PM »

However... I do feel bad for my friends, Sean, Laura and Jeff, who will be unemployed after February 19... Hopefully, not for long.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #227 on: February 03, 2006, 09:19:53 PM »

Go! Go! Go!

With the news about The Woman in White closing, I almost thought this was another ALW quote.

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

Tomovoz

« Reply #228 on: February 03, 2006, 09:20:15 PM »

LOL .Give her my very best wishes.. I have long loved her work. (YES I know she is supposed to be difficult etc - but can she make you "feel").

I do not blame the failure of WiW on you Jose.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

François de Paris

« Reply #229 on: February 03, 2006, 09:33:36 PM »

I guess the closing of Woman In White means that this Lady (is) In (the) Red! ;-)

Tomovoz

« Reply #230 on: February 03, 2006, 09:40:52 PM »

LOL François. I suspect well in the red!  Or is that unwell in the Red?
James Thurber 1957

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #231 on: February 03, 2006, 09:49:53 PM »

Ohh... And according to another press release, Lance Armstrong and Sheryl Crow have split...

:-\
Make Your Own Luck.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #232 on: February 03, 2006, 10:06:05 PM »

Ohh... And according to another press release, Lance Armstrong and Sheryl Crow have split...

:-\

I had not heard that...

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #233 on: February 03, 2006, 10:23:04 PM »

Back from the show.  Tammy had her best show tonight, we had a terrific and just about full house, Matt was great in act one, and a bit too big in act two (not his fault, however) - my other actor, after having one of his best shows last night, came in and completely forgot everything that had worked, mis-timed every single laugh, and while it didn't kill the act, I would like to have killed him.

Tomovoz

« Reply #234 on: February 03, 2006, 10:50:10 PM »

I am so celebrity news unaware I did not even know Armstrong and Crow knew each other. Tomorrow Never Dies.
James Thurber 1957

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #235 on: February 03, 2006, 10:59:07 PM »

Back from the show.  Tammy had her best show tonight, we had a terrific and just about full house, Matt was great in act one, and a bit too big in act two (not his fault, however) - my other actor, after having one of his best shows last night, came in and completely forgot everything that had worked, mis-timed every single laugh, and while it didn't kill the act, I would like to have killed him.

Glad to hear that Matt and Tammy had a spectacular show!!

Hoping for another spectacular show tomorrow evening

Continued broken leg vibes for Deceit!!

Tomovoz

« Reply #236 on: February 03, 2006, 10:59:55 PM »

Hello DR TCB.  Everyone else has left the building.
James Thurber 1957

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #237 on: February 03, 2006, 11:18:17 PM »

Hello DR TCB.  Everyone else has left the building.

Yeah, that happens to me alot!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #238 on: February 03, 2006, 11:25:13 PM »

I have a commerical shoot (PSA) starting tomorrow morning at 11:00 a.m.  I was hoping to sign on to HHW for a couple of hours before that, but now they are saying that our big Northwest wind storm may arrive by about 7:00 a.m.  So, I will have to wait and see if it is safe to sign on to my computer in the morning.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #239 on: February 03, 2006, 11:29:40 PM »

I have a commerical shoot (PSA) starting tomorrow morning at 11:00 a.m.  I was hoping to sign on to HHW for a couple of hours before that, but now they are saying that our big Northwest wind storm may arrive by about 7:00 a.m.  So, I will have to wait and see if it is safe to sign on to my computer in the morning.

Good luck with your shoot tomorrow TCB...

Been busy working on several projects and I am about to say the heck with it here in a bit and go and relax in front of the telly. My brain is about exhausted arguing with Magix and Dreamweaver. Have not decided that what to watch yet. I may watch "In America" or "The Madness of King George III".

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up