Archives > Archive 2

THE MYSTERY OF THE LEEKS

(1/56) > >>

bk:
Well, you've read the notes, you know that you must put on your best sleuthing clothing and tell us your scenarios and deductions, and now it is time for you to post until the mystery cows come home.

bk:
Welcome six GUESTS.  We're solvin' a mystery and revivin' a show.

Ann:
Ann has caught up.  Ann is rather sleepy.  Ann is watching M*A*S*H and eating grapes.  Ann is tired of referring to herself in the third person.

Thank you all for the good health vibes.  Jane, no I'm not in pain...just mild discomfort.  I can hold out for surgery, just hoping the stupid thing doesn't decide to burst.
I think DR Elmore needs the vibes more than me...send them his way, everyone.  

bk:
Breaking news: It's raining.

Charles Pogue:
A short while back, there was a terrible "crack" in the canyon below our home...the only thing that would ordinarily follow a sound like that would be "Timmmberrr!"  At first I thought it was one of the pines on our lot and expected to hear it crashing onto a neighbour's roof.  But as our pines are pretty old, I would expect them to have fairly sturdy roots.

Thankfully, it wasn't one of our pines.  Though I knew it had done some damage somewhere, because I heard folks shouting,"Oh God, oh my God."  

I discovered the cause when I took Tewkes for a walk during a brief respite of rain (not brief enough...every time we go out when it slacks, it starts to downpour before we get back)

I saw my neighbours around the corner feverishly hovered over their water main hook-up.  I ask if anyone knew what the noise had been.  One of the sons answered, "A hundred foot pine on our back hill uprooted and tore out the water pipes."  Fortunately no one was hurt, though I'm sure they didn't appreciate my involuntary response of, "Oh, I was scared it was one of mine."  

It seems like this is the second tree that has fallen like this on their hill.  I remember a few years back one toppled in the road below the hill and the dented fence may still be there to prove it.  They might considered some serious tree trimming.  I might after tonight too...towering pines are nice, but are they worth the risk...?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version