Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: THE TIME IS NIGH  (Read 19302 times)

FJL

Re:THE TIME IS NIGH
« Reply #150 on: February 14, 2006, 07:25:26 PM »

BK - No, I didn't see it, I just remember it was one of those NYMF shows where they had to add a performance because of demand.

If there are real plot similarities, I'd say hold on tight to any written proof you have that you had the idea before their show started making the rounds.  Did you copyright your 1992 screenplay or do you otherwise have proof that you wrote in it 1992?  Or did you write about your idea for the musical anywhere on the internet before their show started making the rounds?  

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #151 on: February 14, 2006, 07:41:23 PM »

I may have, in fact, written about it right here - I'll have to check.  And I don't really remember if I protected the script or not - I may have, but I certainly have many witnesses who were around when I wrote it.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #152 on: February 14, 2006, 07:59:22 PM »

Syntax?  Who's needs syntax?!?

;)

Syntax???  As long as they don't make
 it retroactive, I would be okay.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #153 on: February 14, 2006, 08:28:26 PM »

HA!

"American Idol" just featured a featurette called, "Brokenote Mountain".

:)

The notes were indeed broken. Those guys were horrific!
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #154 on: February 14, 2006, 08:29:17 PM »

I finished INDIANA JONES AND THE LAST CRUSADE. Very enjoyable as always. Looked and sounded smashing.

Matt H.

« Reply #155 on: February 14, 2006, 08:31:19 PM »

Didn't much care for last night's COURTING ALEX. Wasn't funny to me and Steven, my favorite character, continues to be the fall guy/patsy for everyone.

Jennifer

« Reply #156 on: February 14, 2006, 08:33:14 PM »

RE: last night's COURTING ALEX. I actually hated the first half.  So predictable (with the whole i forgot to do such and such for my friend cause i now have a boyfriend).  But it picked up in the second half.  I was really surprised they did something so predictable. I hate that!

And as for AMERICAN IDOL (no spoilers). What was up with that brokeback commercial DR Jose mentioned????

Matt H.

« Reply #157 on: February 14, 2006, 08:33:27 PM »

Again about IDOL, wish we had time to hear more than snippets from a few singers. Still, I didn't notice anyone slip through that really sounded desperately bad. However, we'll have to hear the full songs next week before I can say for sure that we don't have any tone deaf people. A couple of them even got through to the finals last year.

Jennifer

« Reply #158 on: February 14, 2006, 08:34:12 PM »

I just wrote my comment before reading DR MattH's comments on the same show!

Matt H.

« Reply #159 on: February 14, 2006, 08:35:33 PM »

HOUSE had a truly interesting case tonight. Dan Butler, a favorite actor, was one of the guest stars and had a couple of great face-offs with Hugh Laurie.

Matt H.

« Reply #160 on: February 14, 2006, 08:37:20 PM »

Due to some phone conversations, I had to record a later broadcast of THE SHEILD and watched THE CLOSER instead. Interesting case concerning gay bashing. Great to see Robert Gant, Kerr Smith, and other favorites in the roles.

Jennifer

« Reply #161 on: February 14, 2006, 08:38:01 PM »

I'm not sure if the men's figure skating has aired on NBC so i'll be vague. But i was very disappointed with one of the last skaters.  Such a great first jump and then it went downhill from there.

I can't say I really understand this new method of voting.  But they mentioned that if you try a jump but miss it you still get many of the points. But if you don't try it (or do a single instead) they deduct a lot!  This makes me wonder why so many of them then do the single.I know it has to feel right in the air. But I think more should at least try!

I'm hoping tomorrow has the speed skating. They had the semi-finals in many of the races yesterday or the day before. I know there are a bunch of Canadians in the finals that i would like to see. I think only one medal for Canada today that I saw (and it happened before i woke up). Team cross country skiing, which is sort of cool.

Matt H.

« Reply #162 on: February 14, 2006, 08:39:58 PM »

Also saw that SUPERNATURAL is not being rebroadcast by the WB on Sunday night, so I'll have to catch tonight's show in a rerun (unless the local station shows it on Saturday night. I guess it's possible, but my on-screen cable guide won't get to Saturday's listings until tomorrow. I guess I could go to TV GUIDE.com and look at the guide there, but it's SO slow to load.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #163 on: February 14, 2006, 08:40:26 PM »

Valentine's LP cover of the night from the Rodzinski files. Richard Hayman's SERENADE FOR LOVE.

(Although the picture doesn't look all that loving!)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #164 on: February 14, 2006, 08:42:32 PM »

That woman looks like she wants to vomit on the ground.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #165 on: February 14, 2006, 08:43:27 PM »

I'm not entirely sure it's a woman!

Jennifer

« Reply #166 on: February 14, 2006, 08:47:07 PM »

Talk about tonight's IDOL.

Again about IDOL, wish we had time to hear more than snippets from a few singers. Still, I didn't notice anyone slip through that really sounded desperately bad. However, we'll have to hear the full songs next week before I can say for sure that we don't have any tone deaf people. A couple of them even got through to the finals last year.

Even though they tried to show more of the singers i still felt like i was missing out on a lot.  Hopefully we can see a lot more of the singers who are left. But I wonder if they will spend most of the next show just doing the final eliminations. Although I'll bet that as they show each person going to the elimination room that they will show them singing (what we didn't see).

Btw did we even see one of their favorites (the blonde with the long hair with the country voice who is 19 and with the grandpa). They featured her a ton on the audition shows, but i don't recall seeing her tonight.  But you just know she will make it through.

MBarnum

« Reply #167 on: February 14, 2006, 08:53:28 PM »

Watched another film from the Dark Crimes set...I am loving this set of movies...can you tell! LOL!

The one tonight was called HALF A SINNER and it was part crime drama and part comedy. Starred Heather Angel and featured a wonderful character actress named Constance Cummings! A Universal film from 1940.

I think this set has been my best buy of this or last year! And at 45 cents a movie...how can you go wrong.

MBarnum

« Reply #168 on: February 14, 2006, 08:55:04 PM »

Have you listened to that album DR Rodzinski? I want your critique of each of these albums of the night.

Of course you can't go wrong with Richard Hayman...I think I downloaded a couple of his LPs from that Weirdomusic.com sight.

Matt H.

« Reply #169 on: February 14, 2006, 08:56:34 PM »

Btw did we even see one of their favorites (the blonde with the long hair with the country voice who is 19 and with the grandpa). They featured her a ton on the audition shows, but i don't recall seeing her tonight.  But you just know she will make it through.

Since she's from NC, I was looking for her (her last name is Pickler), but I didn't see her either, and I looked hard. Well, we'll know tomorrow.

Matt H.

« Reply #170 on: February 14, 2006, 08:57:12 PM »

Valentine's LP cover of the night from the Rodzinski files. Richard Hayman's SERENADE FOR LOVE.

(Although the picture doesn't look all that loving!)

Looks like Sheree North to me.

Matt H.

« Reply #171 on: February 14, 2006, 08:58:42 PM »

Watched another film from the Dark Crimes set...I am loving this set of movies...can you tell! LOL!

The one tonight was called HALF A SINNER and it was part crime drama and part comedy. Starred Heather Angel and featured a wonderful character actress named Constance Cummings! A Universal film from 1940.

I think this set has been my best buy of this or last year! And at 45 cents a movie...how can you go wrong.

Constance Cummings was one of the great stage stars. She won a Tony for WINGS in a tie with Carole Shelley for THE ELEPHANT MAN some years ago.

Matt H.

« Reply #172 on: February 14, 2006, 08:59:43 PM »

Past midnight here, and I need to head down for bed.

Good night, all!

Jennifer

« Reply #173 on: February 14, 2006, 09:03:57 PM »

IDOL TALK from tonight.

Since she's from NC, I was looking for her (her last name is Pickler), but I didn't see her either, and I looked hard. Well, we'll know tomorrow.

Oh i didn't see her sing, but i did see her in one of the groups. She was in group 4.  I wasn't worried about her moving on (i also knew paris' group would be safe).  I guess they thought they featured her enough (kelly picker. yah i think that is her name).

MBarnum

« Reply #174 on: February 14, 2006, 09:20:19 PM »

Constance Cummings was one of the great stage stars. She won a Tony for WINGS in a tie with Carole Shelley for THE ELEPHANT MAN some years ago.

She is my new favorte character actress! She is just wonderful.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #175 on: February 14, 2006, 09:29:19 PM »

Jane, we didn't buy candy, but the two little boys across the street, Trevor and his younger brother, Nicholas, have become devotees of The Lovely Wife.  On the door  this morning was a bag with two small valentine heart boxes of candy from her young beaus.  We gobbled one up tonight while we watched ELIZABETHTOWN, which is a lovely film and I am at a loss as to why it got only lukewarm reviews.  We loved it!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #176 on: February 14, 2006, 09:33:55 PM »

Good Evening!

I packed up more "Nick stuff" over the last hour or so, and unpacked my collection of vocal selections and scores and put them on the shelves.  -Well, part of my collection - I plan to fetch the rest in a week or two.  I know I have at least three other boxes of theatre music in storage, and then there's the four boxes of solo piano music, the two boxes of piano concerti, the four boxes of classical vocal music, the two boxes of chamber music...  Alas, I think I'll only have enough room here for my theatre stuff, but thats OK.  I even "installed" a window insulating kit over the "spare door" in my room to help control the draft.  And I washed dishes too!

-And I think that was enough activity to justify opening the box of chocolate truffles I bought tonight.  *But I just had two of them.  And they were small.

;D
« Last Edit: February 14, 2006, 09:36:02 PM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #177 on: February 14, 2006, 09:37:49 PM »

As for "Brokenote Mountain" on "AI"... Well... I wonder what the reaction from the GLBT Rights group will be to that considering Simon Cowell was already criticized for comments earlier this season.  However...

I thought it was funny.  And I just had to wonder what would have happened if any of the three had been grouped with more "with it" singers.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #178 on: February 14, 2006, 09:45:39 PM »

BK - As for It Came From Beyond...  From what I recall, the show was basically based on many a classic science fiction B-movie from the 50s.  However, here's what the press release had to say...

From Playbill.com:

According to production notes, "It Came From Beyond is set in the 1950s and tells the story of a group of high school kids who go mad for a new comic book called 'It Came From Beyond.' But is it just a comic book? Are secrets hidden inside this comic that can change the laws of science? When math wizard Harold sets out to crack the code, he finds himself in the fantasy world of Commie spies and creatures from outer space who threaten the American way of life. Joining Harold in this fight for freedom is the girl he has always longed for, the beautiful Becky. But she has fallen into the clutches of the high school bully Steve. Can Harold overcome his fear and discover the secret in time to save Becky and the world? Just when all appears to be lost, Harold realizes that he must be the hero!"

Hope this helps one way or another.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2006, 09:46:09 PM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

Jed

« Reply #179 on: February 14, 2006, 09:52:20 PM »

I'm attemping to make a nice dinner for DB Jed in honor of Valentine's Day.  I was hoping to do something involving steak, but I'm so inexperienced at cooking them...so I chickened out and ended up with...well...chicken :)

And it was delicious!!!
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up