Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 20   Go Down

Author Topic: STURM UND DRANG  (Read 53098 times)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
Re:STURM UND DRANG
« Reply #180 on: March 29, 2007, 12:13:28 PM »

[shadow=color,glow width,#characters wide][size=10] 7 [/size][/shadow]

« Last Edit: March 29, 2007, 12:14:05 PM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #181 on: March 29, 2007, 12:16:12 PM »

I pick "whatever."   ;)

Careful! Those who pick "whatever", and then do "whatever", often contract "whatever".

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #182 on: March 29, 2007, 12:24:20 PM »

...And since I had allowed myself to sleep in a little bit this morning, I was rushing a little bit to get out of the house.

I blame DR elmore. ;)

Moi (gasp!)? You pestilence!  J'accuse!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

singdaw

« Reply #183 on: March 29, 2007, 12:27:00 PM »

DR elmore3003, thinking of you and your ongoing estate/legal issues.  That can be a full-time job, in itself.

You will let us know, won't you, if your remote shows up?

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #184 on: March 29, 2007, 12:30:06 PM »

The show's stylists do all the hair.  The contestants just sit there and express their wishes.

Sanjaya credited one of the guys doing hair and said he'd told him he wished he could have a mohawk...so he did seven centered-on-the-head pony tails using Sanjaya's own too-long hair.

It looked like crap...but it certainly matched Sanjaya's performance.

DR RonPulliam, add me to the cheerers of your new plateau.  

I've been thinking about Sanjaya and the manipulayions of show biz.  How do we know the public hasn't continually voted him off each week and the producers are ignoring him?  I don't believe in honesty on any of these manipiulated reality shows, and I think AI is no exception to the rule.  Sanjaya's complete ineptitude on so many paramount levels makes him a fascinating study in utter cluelessness.

I think it's cruelty and humiliation from AI keeping that poor fool on the program.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #185 on: March 29, 2007, 12:33:12 PM »

Good Afternoon!

Lunch: Orange-Glazed Chicken Breast with rice and veggies. Quite tasty - and healthy (for a change!).
Make Your Own Luck.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #186 on: March 29, 2007, 12:33:59 PM »

DR elmore3003, thinking of you and your ongoing estate/legal issues.  That can be a full-time job, in itself.

You will let us know, won't you, if your remote shows up?

Oh, it did.  Yesterday.  I had accidentally swept it up with the garbage and it was in my recyclable paper basket.  I'm lucky I found it before I took the stuff to the basement.

singdaw

« Reply #187 on: March 29, 2007, 12:37:26 PM »

Great!  :)

So now, we just have to find DR Michael S's cell phone.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #188 on: March 29, 2007, 12:38:52 PM »

As for Sanjaya...

At this point, it seems to me that Sanjaya is taking advantage of his "invincible" status now.  I mean, what does he really have to lose at this point?  He can sing well.  He can sing not so well.  He can choose to shave his head.  He's gonna get the attention from the judges - and "America", regardless of what he does.  And I'm betting the producers are probably advising Randy, Paula and Simon to be careful with their comments since there seems to be a bit of "reverse psychology" as it were going on between them and the voters.

In any case... I have a sneaking suspicion that Sanjaya will make it to the final five.  :-\
Make Your Own Luck.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #189 on: March 29, 2007, 12:39:02 PM »

Red River Zoo in Fargo ahs three Red pandas. I love to go and watch them. They are beautiful.

I also love wolves.

In Tenino (about 20 minutes from Olympia), there is a place called Wolf Haven.  It's pretty cool. :D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #190 on: March 29, 2007, 12:40:12 PM »

I think it's cruelty and humiliation from AI keeping that poor fool on the program.

You give so little credit to the perversity of the voting audience! (Put in terms you'd appreciate: if the voters [from a pool of presumably at least semi-literate adults] can re-elect Bush, certainly the AI voters [from a pool of opposable thumb test-messagers] can enjoy a good joke.)

der Brucer

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #191 on: March 29, 2007, 12:41:10 PM »

Now I just have to wonder if that girl is still on her hunger strike until Sanjaya gets voted off.  -And if that guy is really sending her boxes of Twinkies each week.  ;)

*If you don't know what I'm talking about, check the late nights posts from a few nights ago.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #192 on: March 29, 2007, 12:41:43 PM »

OK... Back to those tapping feet...

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

Jennifer

« Reply #193 on: March 29, 2007, 12:42:33 PM »

RE: sanjaya.

I know many have said he could win it all. But i don't believe that.  There are many more people who don't want him to win (than want him to win). The fewer contestants left the better chance he has of leaving.

Right now we have 9 (is that right?). I don't see him lasting more than a couple more weeks.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #194 on: March 29, 2007, 12:43:55 PM »

I had accidentally swept it up with the garbage and it was in my recyclable paper basket.  

Good Grief! I thought I, alone, had the housekeeping skills that would allow a remote to go unnoticed amongst my still to be collected garbage.

der Brucer

DERBRUCER

« Reply #195 on: March 29, 2007, 12:48:48 PM »

A picture without a caption:

"It's what kind of an egg?"

der Brucer

Tiny Tim, Sanjaya, now her!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #196 on: March 29, 2007, 12:51:04 PM »

Back with the first batch of CDs.  List coming right now.  As I said, send your wants to haineshisway@aol.com asap - I normally will have fifteen copies of each title, but there are a handful with only five to seven copies.  I've tried to pull interesting stuff, but a lot had to do with what boxes were easy to get to.

Ben

« Reply #197 on: March 29, 2007, 12:53:29 PM »

Anyone hear from Danise? I thought of her because beginning Tuesday one of her favorites, Michael Ball, is doing a series of six programs on BBC Radio 2

BALL OVER BROADWAY

Tuesdays from 3 April 4:30-5:00pm EST

Musicals continue to dominate Broadway, and there is no shortage of exciting new shows finding success down the Great White Way. In the latest six-part series of the award-winning Ball Over Broadway, West End and Broadway star Michael ball samples the latest in musical theatre entertainment. The series will feature six very different shows reflecting the best of contemporary Broadway. There'll be contributions from a powerful line-up of performers, writers and directors, as well as a few choice words from New York.

BALL OVER BROADWAY

This isn't an operating link, it just takes you to the site so you can read about it and other radio "documentaries" on BBC Radio 2
« Last Edit: March 29, 2007, 12:54:29 PM by Ben »

DERBRUCER

« Reply #198 on: March 29, 2007, 12:54:43 PM »

A picture without a caption:

Alternate entry:

"Look what Bjork laid!"

der Brucer

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #199 on: March 29, 2007, 12:58:12 PM »

Five!
Five!
Five! Five! Five!
Let's sing a song of five!
How many is five?

Oh man. That's good.  You know you can look those up on youtube and watch them? The chef falling down wrecking all those fine desserts.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #200 on: March 29, 2007, 01:05:30 PM »

Oh man. That's good.  You know you can look those up on youtube and watch them? The chef falling down wrecking all those fine desserts.

And weren't they produced by Jim Henson?
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #201 on: March 29, 2007, 01:06:31 PM »

The thing is, according to the sites that track the calls, Sanjaya hasn't even been one of the bottom SIX people the last couple weeks. Every week he lasts, the phenomenon will grow. People will say, "Hmm, wouldn't it be funny?" and his votes will increase. That's one scenario anyway.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #202 on: March 29, 2007, 01:06:42 PM »

Here we go:  

Lost In Boston - the original volume one - one of our best, and with elmore orchestrations

Liz Callaway: The Beat Goes On (60s songs - elmore) VERY limited amount

Best Little Whorehouse In Texas - Ann Margret revival - she's wonderful on the album

Working OBC with bonus tracks

Das Barbecue - very funny off b'way cast album

Emily Skinner and Alice Ripley: Duets

The Gay 90s - very hard to find LA cast album

Night Of The Hunter - studio cast recording of Claibe Richardson and Stephen Cole's wonderful score - full orchestra - and Ron Raines, Dorothy Loudon and Sally Mayes

Collette Collage - faboo Schimdt and Jones with Judy Kaye, Judy Blazer, and Jason Graae

Emily Skinner - her solo album - wonderful

The Stephen Schwartz Album - one of my faves of what I've done - with Kristen Chenoweth, Marin Mazzie, Jason Daniely, Laura Benanti, Susan Egan and other greats

Debbie Gravitte: The MGM Album - a total treat

Godspell - the York Theater revival, with then unknowns Leslie Kritzer, Barrett Foa, Shoshana Bean and Carpathia Jenkins

Debbie Gravitte: The Alan Menken Album - the second pressing with a new track

Peter Pan - hands down one of my top five faves of my stuff (elmore, too)

Subways Are For Sleeping - OBC, the legendary B'way flop by Styne and Comden and Green - with loads of bonus tracks - these are the rare numbered editions

Terry Trotter: Follies In Jazz - one of the best of the series - if you don't know these albums, take a chance - they're brilliant

Laurie Beechman: No One Is Alone - her final album, and a touching testament to her beauty and voice

Unsung Musicals: The Ultimate Collection - the best of the three volumes on one CD - a must

Terry Trotter: The Fantasticks in Jazz - a very special album with guest Harvey Schmidt and Maureen McGovern

Judy Kaye: Diva by Diva - the faboo Judy in an album that's not very well known

Terry Trotter: Company In Jazz - another wonderful Trotter CD

Sally Mayes: The Story Hour - live recording of her wonderful show

Shakespeare On Broadway - a terrific compilation of songs from musicals based on the Bard - lots of great singers

No Way To Treat A Lady - cast album of Doug Cohen's wonderful off b'way show based on William Goldman's novel

Lost In Boston: The Ultimate Collection - the best of the four volumes on one CD - a must

The Burt Bacharach Album - again, one of my faves, with stellar Bacharach songs and stellar people, including The Plaids, Jason Graae, Linda Purl, La Chanze, Christiane Noll, Farah Alvin, Alet Taylor, Helen Reddy, and many others

Drat! The Cat!   -  my studio recording of the great flop show - stars Jason Graae, Susan Egan, Judy Kaye, Elaine Stritch and others.

Broadway Bound - new composers and their songs (some great elmore stuff)

Lucky Stiff - Great Flaherty and Ahrens off b'way cast album

Laurie Beechman: The Andrew Lloyd Webber Album - brilliant

Unsung Musicals III - the final volume and one of the best, with great singers

Twiggy: Songs from the English Musicals - wonderful CD, not well known, and elmore charts.

All CDs are $10

For every ten ordered (at one time) we will include one free CD

For 20 CDs or more, free postage
« Last Edit: March 29, 2007, 01:11:44 PM by bk »

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #203 on: March 29, 2007, 01:07:32 PM »

Well, they were part of the Sesame Street show. They do seem to have his sensibility. And the other thing is, the voice of the chef actually sounds like Henson's voice.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #204 on: March 29, 2007, 01:08:44 PM »

In Tenino (about 20 minutes from Olympia), there is a place called Wolf Haven.  It's pretty cool. :D

Interesting site

There are a couple of sanctuaries and research facilities in Minnesota. The best known one in MN  is  theInternational Wolf Center in Ely, MN.  

adn the other is Wildlife Science Center in Forest Lake, MN north of the Twin Cities.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #205 on: March 29, 2007, 01:10:19 PM »

Have I ever won anything?

Lemme see. A Sparkling Prize and one of those deals where you guess how many pieces of candy are in a jar.
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #206 on: March 29, 2007, 01:12:35 PM »

TOD

I have never really won anything... Small things but nothing really special..  

I did win a couple trips through 4H many years ago to DC of Washington...
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #207 on: March 29, 2007, 01:20:39 PM »

Thank you Jeanne.

Jane

« Reply #208 on: March 29, 2007, 01:28:52 PM »

Anyone hear from Danise?

I heard from Danise on Sunday, no news she was just checking on Sherlock.  

I emailed your post to her so she doesn’t miss it.

Jane

« Reply #209 on: March 29, 2007, 01:31:17 PM »

Alternate entry:

"Look what Bjork laid!"

;D
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 20   Go Up