Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12   Go Down

Author Topic: THERE'S ALWAYS TOMORROW  (Read 26003 times)

Julie

Re:THERE'S ALWAYS TOMORROW
« Reply #270 on: July 20, 2007, 07:08:13 PM »

Absolutely gorgeous day today in NY.  My parents are still in town, so I spent the day with them and my aunts.  We went to the Bronx Botanical Gardens, and we couldn't have asked for a nicer day to be out and about amongst all the glorious trees and flowers, flora and fauna.  They are running a lovely exhibit on Carribean flowers at the moment, and I especially enjoyed wandering around the conservatory and the various lily ponds.

Then, we all went off to early dinner on City Island - Sammy's Seafood Palace - or something like that.  The service was awful.  They brought two people's entrees (but not their side dishes that went with them), and completely ignored the other four people, never bringing their food, and ignored our repeated requests to get our waitress or the manager.   >:( My father got up and went to find the manager, but when he told her what was going on,, the manager, rather than aopologizing and dealing with the situation simply said to him, "The waitress is excellent so if she hasn't brought out the food there must be a very good reason for it," and never even bothered to go check on what was happening.   >:(  >:( I responded that we, in turn, had a very good reason for leaving.  So after about 15 minutes of the two people who had half their meal served getting cold, with no one else getting any food and no explanation being offered, we got up and walked out.  As we were leaving, a waiter finally started to bring out the other food - but at that point it was way too late.  We left and found a much nicer and more gratious place to eat, where the food and the service were both wonderful. ;D

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #271 on: July 20, 2007, 07:09:48 PM »

So... Is every Border's, Barnes & Noble, etc., having a Harry Potter party tonight?  I know that the Scholastic Store in SoHo is having a HUGE gathering tonight.  -And since the book is published by Scholastic, there will be apparently be some special party favors given away there tonight.  -And when I walked by the Barnes & Noble by DR elmore's place earlier, the line was already weaved throughout the upper and middle levels of the store!  -Will Red Bull sales be spiking this weekend?  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #272 on: July 20, 2007, 07:11:40 PM »

DR Julie - Glad to hear that you got out to the Botanic Gardens today.

And as for your restaurant experience, if you can recall the exact name of the restaurant, I'd call back tomorrow and ask for the Day Manager.
Make Your Own Luck.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #273 on: July 20, 2007, 07:13:15 PM »

The Harry Potter partying that I will be involved in will consist of parking the car, getting a cup of coffee, and waiting until DR Sandra's number comes up so she can get her book, and then coming home. And going to bed.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #274 on: July 20, 2007, 07:20:54 PM »

The Harry Potter partying that I will be involved in will consist of parking the car, getting a cup of coffee, and waiting until DR Sandra's number comes up so she can get her book, and then coming home. And going to bed.

You really know how to party.
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #275 on: July 20, 2007, 07:22:55 PM »

I have finished the read-down, and now I'm just waiting for midnight.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

Ginny

« Reply #276 on: July 20, 2007, 07:26:10 PM »

So... Is every Border's, Barnes & Noble, etc., having a Harry Potter party tonight?...

Five Dayton Metro Library locations are having HP events tonight.  I am not attending any of them, but our Assistant Director for Youth Services will attend all 5.  I told her that's like when the President manages to get to all the Inaugural Balls!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Cillaliz

« Reply #277 on: July 20, 2007, 07:35:42 PM »

So... Is every Border's, Barnes & Noble, etc., having a Harry Potter party tonight?  I know that the Scholastic Store in SoHo is having a HUGE gathering tonight.  -And since the book is published by Scholastic, there will be apparently be some special party favors given away there tonight.  -And when I walked by the Barnes & Noble by DR elmore's place earlier, the line was already weaved throughout the upper and middle levels of the store!  -Will Red Bull sales be spiking this weekend?  ;)

There are two parties in Sioux City, at Wal-Mart and at Barnes & Noble.  I know Barnes & Noble here had 1500 copies coming in. Wonder how long it will take them to sell out.

Cillaliz

« Reply #278 on: July 20, 2007, 07:37:37 PM »

I have finished the read-down, and now I'm just waiting for midnight.

DR Sandra, I think you're doing it the right way, re-reading them all.  If I ever do read the books, that's how I'll do it.

Cillaliz

« Reply #279 on: July 20, 2007, 07:39:05 PM »

Well, I won't re-read them, just read them in order the first time without having to wait for another to be written

Cillaliz

« Reply #280 on: July 20, 2007, 07:39:42 PM »

Getting close to 10,000, but I have a couple things to do, so I have to wait

Ginny

« Reply #281 on: July 20, 2007, 07:40:01 PM »

Well, I have to leave the house at 7am tomorrow  :P  to drive to Columbus for a board meeting I do not want to attend and for which I am not prepared.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #282 on: July 20, 2007, 07:40:37 PM »

Well, I won't re-read them, just read them in order the first time without having to wait for another to be written

Now THAT'S the way to do it. I don't like the waiting.

MusicGuy

• ...at an audition to accompany Guy Haines...
« Reply #283 on: July 20, 2007, 07:40:51 PM »

Good evening all........ I am not buying Harry Potter tonight, and i am not standing in any line anywhere tonight !  

It was a productive day today, but it required long periods of time of me being outside of air-conditioning, and waiting for things to happen.  The good thing is that I managed to get one of the estimates finished for some work that I want done this coming week.  And they can even schedule it for the time period I have available.

And I have the other man scheduled for the other estimate I need, tomorrow morning.  So the 2 really big, yucky, and messy projects look like they can both get done just before I have to move heavy furniture and even heavier musical instruments.  

Pray for Rosemary's Baby........and me.

MusicGuy

« Reply #284 on: July 20, 2007, 07:42:18 PM »

Hi dear DR Sandra........ your Mom is such a party animal!!  Good luck later on your book adventure.

MusicGuy

« Reply #285 on: July 20, 2007, 07:43:23 PM »

Hi Jo jo..... my back hurts and my shoulders are sore.  Wish you were closer... :)

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #286 on: July 20, 2007, 07:43:44 PM »

Thank you. Should I get her some chocolate?

MusicGuy

« Reply #287 on: July 20, 2007, 07:44:47 PM »

hu hu hu hu hu hu.... Hi Ciwwa -- maybe you'll weach your thweshold water this evening ....Happy 10,000 !!

MusicGuy

« Reply #288 on: July 20, 2007, 07:45:25 PM »

Thank you. Should I get her some chocolate?

Yea,..... be nice to the Mom.  She's good people ! :D

MusicGuy

« Reply #289 on: July 20, 2007, 07:47:23 PM »

And,..... A VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO

T H E  O N E  A N D  O N L Y

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]MIZZ   KAREN   [/move]

MusicGuy

« Reply #290 on: July 20, 2007, 07:49:24 PM »

And now, time for some food and relaxing.  This may be a very early evening!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #291 on: July 20, 2007, 07:50:30 PM »

Nice photo from DR MUSIC GUY.....

Website vibes for DR CILLALIZ....

No Harry Potter for me either....I will stick with THE COLOSSUS OF RHODES on DVD.

I was thinking of DR RLP today when I heard the news and it was great to see him checking in.

I was anxious to hear about MR BK hob-nobbing with the other see-celebriteez.....but dee-saster doesn't sound good.

.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #292 on: July 20, 2007, 07:56:51 PM »

I spy me a DR edisaurus... Whew!  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #293 on: July 20, 2007, 08:09:12 PM »

DR JULIE,
So sorry to hear about your deesasterous restaurant (we can't call it dining, can we?) experience. I can't believe that people get away with this sort of thing. There used to be a restaurant near me that had a clever name, but a reputation among locals for poor food. I think they depended solely on the tourist trade--no need to please them because they probably wouldn't return soon, anyway. I do loathe that attitude. I'm glad you all walked out and were able to find a good meal with good service.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #294 on: July 20, 2007, 08:17:47 PM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]

Successful project vibes to DR MUSIC GUY!!

[/move]

And soothing of sore muscles, as well.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #295 on: July 20, 2007, 08:18:02 PM »

Really enjoyed RIO RITA again. So glad to have this in my collection.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #296 on: July 20, 2007, 08:19:17 PM »

No HARRY POTTER for me, either. I'm currently reading a Rosamunde Pilcher novel. I did enjoy the first two HP movies, though.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #297 on: July 20, 2007, 08:21:19 PM »

GINNY, have you read any Rosamunde Pilcher? A Canadian friend of mine told me about her. I don't think she's all that well-known in the US.

Matt H.

« Reply #298 on: July 20, 2007, 08:22:01 PM »

Next came another MOONLIGHTING episode. In this one, a painter who seems to have been fixated on Maddie is found dead after painting a very lifelike picture of Maddie. This was another good mystery with some really nicely placed surprises.

One of my great crushes John Calvin was a guest star.

Matt H.

« Reply #299 on: July 20, 2007, 08:23:22 PM »

I was surprised how much I enjoyed MONK tonight. A well thought-out mystery for a change, and Monk set loose in the world of rap was pretty funny.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12   Go Up