Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: GETTING CROWNED  (Read 12309 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
GETTING CROWNED
« on: September 28, 2009, 12:12:14 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes were royal, and now it is time for you to post until the newly-crowned cows come home.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: GETTING CROWNED
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2009, 12:12:51 AM »

And the word of the day is: DEKE!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2009, 12:13:32 AM »

Welcome eight GUESTS.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2009, 01:55:36 AM »

Yesterday bk posted:

My position on this Polanski nonsense is well-known - he did something that was against the law, he'd struck a deal, done his time, and that idiotic insane publicity seeking judge tried to renege.  Enough is enough and the LA police should be ashamed of themselves as should the Swiss policiers who arrested him.   James Barbour did the same thing, struck a deal, served his time and he's done - no judge tried to renege on his deal (which I don't believe could happen today), and there were so many people with so many agendas back then, that even if he were brought back to stand trial it would, in all probability, be thrown out of court, based on the way the case was both mishandled and manhandled. 

There must be something very wrong with his position.

I totally agree.

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

FJL

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2009, 03:46:22 AM »

Belated birthday wishes to George's sister

Ginny

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2009, 05:17:10 AM »

Monday morning greetings!  It's very windy here in SW Ohio today - and chilly!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2009, 05:36:29 AM »

The "Messiah" showed up at our Yom Kippur service last night.  The cops arrested him for "criminal trespass".  I thought that kind of thing just happened in Los Angeles.
You can dream…or you can do.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2009, 05:38:08 AM »

Good morning, all! In this morning's email I got three cues for FINIAN'S RAINBOW that I have to do. Work work work! I still have to pay this quarter's health insurance premium so I'm grateful for it.

DR vixmom, sounds like a great weekend! I'm happy you had a great time.

DR George, I missed your sister's birthday and I apologize for my preoccupations that caused it. I hope she had a wonderful day.

Last night I read the new Adrianna Hoffstetter mystery. Once I began it, I couldn't stop. It took me about 2 and a half hours to get through it, and I enjoyed it immensely; I was bummed a thoroughly repellent character didn't get a deserved comeuppance and that one of the book's nicest characters became the victim, but that's life. I loved the characters and spent some time wondering on whom, besides Miles Kreuger, they might be based. Surely that one character is based on Miles? I can't wait for the next. I saw the Christmas gift coming a mile away, but it was still a lovely ending to a pleasant read

First thing today, laundry. Then to my FR chores.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2009, 07:30:13 AM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Michael

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2009, 05:50:14 AM »

off to a fun morning.....

dentist
Never stop dreaming.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2009, 06:30:14 AM »

Good morning!

It's going to be a very pleasant day all around. Temps were in the high 50s this morning for my work (deliriously wonderful) and won't get out of the 70s today. Hooray!
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Kerry

« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2009, 06:32:49 AM »

I'm gearing up for the chores of the day---UGH~~~ But I'll put a smile on my face and a song in my heart as I face the day!
I like boat races.

Matt H.

« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2009, 06:33:20 AM »

Last night, bk wrote:

"Finished episode four, and for me they pretty much got everything right with this one.  And, interestingly, the best thing in the episode was Bryan Batt's absolutely brilliant performance of how the opening of the Bye Bye Birdie commercial for diet soda is going to be done, which he performs for his wife.  Her reaction to it should have won her an Emmy - for that alone, and Mr. Batt should also have won one for that alone.  But the whole episode was excellent, and I'm so happy the dad is gone.  "

It could very well win either the actress or Bryan Batt an Emmy. The episodes you're watching now are for the season that will be submitted for NEXT YEAR's Emmys. She could probably be submitted as a guest star, but Bryan, unfortunately, has to compete against the heavy roster of supporting actors from his own show AND the staggering number of supporting players in other series in the supporting actor category.

The show just won the Emmy for Best Drama Series for Season Two.

Matt H.

« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2009, 06:37:49 AM »

I have nothing here at the present moment to review for work. However, I'm expecting in the mail, TV box sets of MEDIUM - Season 5 and FLASHPOINT - Season 1 as well as SNOW WHITE on Blu-ray and likely later in the week THE UNIT on Blu-ray. HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER will also be arriving, but someone else has first dibs on that and has claimed it.

Matt H.

« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2009, 06:41:12 AM »

I am rather furious about the local NBC affiliate who has gotten rights to simulcast the NFL football game tonight between Carolina and Dallas on their channel (it's also on ESPN) and bump NBC's primetime lineup to early morning timeslots. I'm sure that's not making NBC happy with them relegating the premiere of TRAUMA to early morning hours.

I'm mad because it bumps HEROES into the early morning. Sure, the DVR can record it, but it won't be in high def. When they time shift shows, they only end up recording the SD version of the show. Ugh!

Matt H.

« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2009, 06:42:53 AM »

So, looks like I won't be watching any prime time TV tonight. I'll record CASTLE and watch it tomorrow (I've been going to bed an hour earlier than I used to before I had my health problems.)

That means that whatever TV box sets come in the mail today (or SNOW WHITE if it arrives), I'll have all evening to work on it.

Matt H.

« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2009, 06:47:25 AM »

Shocking developments on TV shows.

I was horrified and infuriated when Steven's lover Luke was killed in the Muldavian massacre on DYNASTY. They had just gotten together and thus ended the writers having to compose plots for a gay couple. I dropped the show right on the spot. (Curious that the show, which had been number one in the ratings the previous season, took a precipitous nosedive in the ratings during this season and never recovered.)

Cillaliz

« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2009, 07:09:32 AM »

When I stopped for coffee this morning Russ Wooley told me his daughter Cassie is in the finals of The Next Broadway Sensation!   What fun.  Russ and his wife have a professional theater/school here - Lamb Theater (with a name like Wooley what else can it be).  I guess the finals are next week.   GO CASSIE!!!!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2009, 07:11:30 AM »

Good morning!

It's going to be a very pleasant day all around. Temps were in the high 50s this morning for my work (deliriously wonderful) and won't get out of the 70s today. Hooray!

DR MattH, thanks for last night's SNOW WHITE advice! I think I'll keep what I have until I hear more about what's on the new DVD.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Matt H.

« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2009, 07:15:02 AM »

I believe the new Blu-ray comes with a DVD copy of the film as a bonus disc (the official DVD release isn't for 10 weeks), and if I have time, I'll do an A/B comparison of the DVDs since I still have my Platinum Edition here.

Matt H.

« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2009, 07:16:54 AM »

No UPS deliveries yet but that doesn't mean anything since sometimes UPS doesn't arrive until closer to noon or even the mid-afternoon.

I know MEDIUM and FLASHPOINT are coming via USPS, and that doesn't usually arrive until 1 p.m. or so.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2009, 07:20:39 AM by Matt H. »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2009, 07:17:30 AM »

Yeah, I have to get used to the fact that I'm watching the current season of Mad Men.

Matt H.

« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2009, 07:17:36 AM »

Guess I'll head down now and get cleaned up for lunch out with best friend John. By the time we get back, I'll see what material I have for today's work project.

WBBL.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2009, 07:17:52 AM »

I'm up and I guess I should shower and make ready for the dentist.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2009, 07:18:17 AM »

elmore, glad you liked the book!  Feel free to write an amazon review - they're most helpful.

Laura

« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2009, 07:22:58 AM »

Dental vibes to Michael S. and to BK. I hope your experiences are mild.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Ginny

« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2009, 07:28:40 AM »

Let me be the first to wish everyone a happy

Banned Books Week
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Cillaliz

« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2009, 07:30:01 AM »

DENTAL VIBES TO BK AND MICHAEL S~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cillaliz

« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2009, 07:31:29 AM »

Better get busy, off to court soon, then a nice office day to clean off my desk and start in on the to do list I made last Friday

Jennifer

« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2009, 07:49:53 AM »

Did anyone else watch the season premiere of TAR last night?

I'm glad it always starts at 8pm here so I don't have to wonder.

I'll wait to comment until i see if those who watch it have watched it already.

But just generally i thought it was a good premiere. By the end i was happy with the cast and how the show went. But something happened at the very beginning that i did not like. I'll be curious how others felt (so it made me not love the beginning).

Jennifer

« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2009, 07:52:17 AM »

RE: last night's DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES (no spoilers just general).

DR MattH had said some critics raved about the premiere.

It was on here at 7pm so i got to watch it before TAR.  I won't say i loved it. But it was quite interesting especially the ending. And the new family seems interesting.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up