Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: THE SHIPPING NEWS  (Read 15036 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
THE SHIPPING NEWS
« on: September 30, 2009, 12:20:34 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes had news, and now it is time for you to post until the cows come home - they're currently like two ships that pass in the MOOnlight.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: THE SHIPPING NEWS
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2009, 12:21:51 AM »

And the word of the day is: GRANGERIZE!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2009, 12:38:39 AM »

Today (Wednesday) is my payday.  I'm now just waiting for my direct deposit to show up. :)

It's about time!!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Kerry

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2009, 04:01:00 AM »

I dropped my banana.
I like boat races.

Laura

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2009, 04:14:02 AM »

Don't slip on it!!!!!
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Laura

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2009, 04:17:59 AM »

Time to go back to sleep.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2009, 04:39:20 AM »

The man behind the curtain - the REAL Snow White:

As a teen, Marge Champion did scenes as Snow White for Disney animators, who traced footage of her to create the movements of the character. (Walt Disney Co.)

LATIMES
Marge Champion still has the dance moves

The 90-year-old star of movies, theater and TV and the model for Snow White is the subject of an upcoming documentary, 'Keep Dancing,' with latest dance partner Donald Saddler.

She says the process of playing Snow White was simple. "When Snow White was running through the forest and scared to death, they had ropes hanging from a clothesline so I would be pushing them aside," recalls Champion. "If there was a bed where Show White had to go pray, they had a cot there so I could kneel beside it. It was always very rudimentary and very hot lights, because they wanted as strong a contrast as possible."

Every frame of her footage was rotoscoped -- traced -- by the animators. "They didn't use every frame, but they couldn't get the movement or my moves or my eyes without it."

Champion also went on to model for the Blue Fairy in 1940's "Pinocchio" and the Dancing Hippo in "Fantasia."

der Brucer

« Last Edit: September 30, 2009, 04:45:37 AM by DERBRUCER »
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Kerry

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2009, 04:48:12 AM »

Good Morning!  Have a great day, everyone!

Vibes to all who need them!
I like boat races.

Michael

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2009, 04:58:44 AM »

You heard of Simpsonize? That is where you take a photo of yourself and you look lke a Simpson cartoon character?

Same thing. You take a photo of yourself and you can look like either Stewart or Farley Granger
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2009, 04:59:32 AM »

BTW

Did you know that Stewart Granger's real name is James Stewart? He had to change it when he came to the US.
Never stop dreaming.

DAW

« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2009, 05:01:59 AM »

For the person who has everything:

DAW

« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2009, 05:02:29 AM »

MICROWAVE S'MORES MAKER:

Ginny

« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2009, 05:47:41 AM »

Wednesday morning greetings!  Must be the cool fall weather - I slept like a rock and woke up at 7am, very refreshed. 

Today is Rob's day off from school and we're going to work upstairs, clearing him out of the guest room and back into his own room.  We're scheduled to house one of the Indonesian graduate students from Ohio University who's coming for Middfest.  He's a photographer and will be here Saturday-Sunday.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2009, 06:06:10 AM »

MICROWAVE S'MORES MAKER:

You have no doubt considered the kinkier possibilities.

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2009, 06:13:21 AM »

Good morning!

Another briskly cool morning (46), enough so that I wore a long sleeved t-shirt on my walk. (Still wearing shorts, though). High today of 74. How wonderful for fall to be here. I hope it lingers a while.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2009, 06:17:53 AM »

Good morning, all! I'm beginning to get a bit anxious about my health insurance because the recording payment I expected to help cover the bill has not yet shown up in my mail and time is running out. I am not happy about this at all.

Today, I have to call my pharmacy for more meds and possibly make a trip to the NYPL. Everything depends on a Fed Ex package of the CDs from the Life Begins At 8:40 reading that should arrive today from the Library of Congress. It's 7 CDs of material that I need to burn for all of the New York people involved, including the conductor I think should be replaced. He's been making moves about the next phase of the project and I've been avoiding the issue, mostly through the wonderful unfabricated excuse of FINIAN'S RAINBOW deadlines.

The first thing this morning is to have my oatmeal and clean up this dump.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Matt H.

« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2009, 06:20:17 AM »

Oh bk, bk. I thought you were starting to get the hang of some of Blu-ray's modus operandi:

All Warners Blu-rays start without the menu. If you don't believe me, put in one of the Harry Potters or THE DARK KNIGHT (if you still have them) and see if they don't behave exactly the same. You just know when you have a Warner Blu-ray that you're going to have to cope with this in all likelihood.

There are TWO menu buttons on your remote. Find the one marked "Top Menu" and you can pull up a menu while the movie is playing and make adjustments. However, if it's the audio you want to change, I use the audio button on my Samsung remote which brings up the audio menu and you just arrow key your way to what you want.

If neither "Menu" nor "Top Menu" can get you away from ads or trailers or disclaimers (sometimes they can, sometimes they can't; every studio seems to author this stuff differently), I use the chapter skip button. Even if I have to hit it three or four times, it's still quuicker than using fast forward.

Just a few pointers.

Matt H.

« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2009, 06:24:44 AM »

I'm glad I finished the Sherlock Holmes Case-Book set yesterday since I can give my leftover time this morning to THE UNIT. I'm going to need every minute today to watch as many episodes as possible. I want to be able to watch GLEE tonight before I shut everything off downstairs and come upstairs for my nightly internet surf.

Matt H.

« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2009, 06:26:34 AM »

I also have yesterday's soaps to scan through and I'll watch last night's NCIS; LA while I eat lunch. I hope the show begins defining some of those background characters so we can differentiate their duties. I remember three guys in the control room, but don't remember their names or their exact functions on the show. The original NCIS did a great job from the very beginning deliniating the characters and their jobs in the unit.

Matt H.

« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2009, 06:29:51 AM »

Tonight premieres the other two comedies in ABC's four comedy/two hour block. (MODERN FAMILY and COUGAR TOWN premeired last week). The new shows this week are Kelsey Grammer's new HANK and Patricia Heaton's THE MIDDLE. The latter has gotten better reviews than the former. I really have no interest in either. I'll be recording MODERN FAMILY only this week.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2009, 06:32:22 AM »

He'll expose you,
When he snows you.
Hope you're pleased with the crumbs he throws you.
He's ferocious
And he knows just
What it takes to make a pro blush.
All the boys think he's a spy.
He's got--
Stewart Grangerize!
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2009, 06:41:32 AM »

It looks like the filming of the James L Brooks movie that was setting up across the street from my office occurred last night.  They were wrapping up cables and stowing away equipment back into the tractor trailers as I drove in this morning. 

Darn--it would have been fun to see them work.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2009, 06:45:47 AM »

I watched JULIA MISBEHAVES last night on TCM.  It's a movie that starts out promisingly but then veers in several different directions before ending in a silly mess (literally and figuratively.)  I guess even The Lion had its share of dopey movies.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2009, 06:49:08 AM »

* * * * *  Insurance Premium Payment Vibes for DR Elmore  * * * * *
-- Anaïs Nin

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2009, 06:58:42 AM »

* * * * *  Insurance Premium Payment Vibes for DR Elmore  * * * * *

Thank you, DR Dan(theMan)! If there's one thing I don't want, as I'm getting ready to phone the pharmacy for more meds, it's to lose my health insurance.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

MBarnum

« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2009, 07:05:02 AM »

I cannot think of a Wednesday question...so how about some LULU http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WsAI-JFB_k

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2009, 07:14:58 AM »

I remember the other Warners movies starting right away, but I never tried to navigate away from them back to the menu and no disc I have ever owned, be it DVD or Blu-Ray has ever had seven minutes of disclaimer warnings at the end of a disc - SEVEN minutes in every language imaginable.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2009, 07:15:10 AM »

Oh, and I'm up.

Matt H.

« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2009, 07:18:26 AM »

Next week at long last Fox is releasing the fifth season of THE MARY TYLER MOORE SHOW. It's been years since the release of season four, and season five, when Rhoda is gone and Sue Ann becomes a much more integral part of the show (enough for Betty White to win back-to-back Emmys for seasons five and six), is one of my favorites. (Don't get me wrong; I loved Rhoda, but the Sue Ann-Mary rivalry is always hilarious to me).

td

• td
« Reply #29 on: September 30, 2009, 07:20:00 AM »

I just use the "pop-up menu" button on my remote, and all those options on the WB blu-rays appears; including THE WIZARD OF OZ.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Up