News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: OBER  (Read 11294 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
OBER
« on: October 16, 2009, 12:12:26 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, you know October is now almost ober, and now it is time for you to post until the ober cows come home.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: OBER
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2009, 12:13:14 AM »

And the word of the day is: BLENCH!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2009, 12:29:34 AM »

BK, according to CastAlbumDB.com, Con O'Neill was on the 1988 cast recording of Blood Brothers, with Kiki Dee as the mother.  That was the first recording of the show that I'd gotten.  I've since purchased other recordings of this show.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2009, 04:27:34 AM »

Friday is a work day oh well.

TOD:

CD - Cry For Us All

DVD - Devil's Darkness
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2009, 04:36:28 AM »

Good morning, all! I am off to another day of the McGlinnventory. Yesterday I discovered in one of the boxes a vocal score for Bizet's opera La jolie fille de Perth that I had loaned John around 1990. It's nice to have it back.  After that, I am having lunch with several coleagues from the PHI project. At 4:30, if my discomfort level from the shoulder pains is good, I am seeing the NYMF production of THE LAST SMOKER IN AMERICA because I like the title song, which Emily Skinner, I believe, recorded. I'd like to see FINIAN'S RAINBOW tonight to see if the original finale is back.

Last night was a creepy nightmare night, a series of dreams about staying in an apartment with a hostile ghost who wanted me out. Perhaps this is prompted by the thought that my friend Matthew and I may see PARANORMAL ACTIVITY tomorrow afternoon, or perhaps it's the approaching Halloween season.

DR vixmom, I don't know yet if I will catch the show at next Saturday's matinee or just meet you afterwards. I can't plan that far in advance at the moment.

TOD:
    DVD: Lord lord lord! Those three Netflix items still sit here unwatched and other things are piling up.
    CD: Guy Haines, Liz Callaway's new album, 18th Century Shakespeare songs, The Spectre's Bride
    VCR: the usual suspects
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

FJL

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2009, 04:40:28 AM »

But ya are Blench! Ya are in that wheelchair

(a Baby Jane reference, someone had to say it)

Ben

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2009, 04:43:11 AM »

The usual suspect (meaning the BBC).

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2009, 05:01:08 AM »

Off to work.  Oh well.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

DAW

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2009, 05:10:45 AM »

So they didn't surpass the original??

DAW

« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2009, 05:21:54 AM »

'The most hilarious Julie Andrews story was recounted by both Chris [Durang] and Michael [Rupert]. She has a house in Switzerland and that's where the creative team of Putting It Together went to talk to her about being a part of the show. She agreed to do it and the next morning took one of her exercise walks around the mountains that bordered her house. Julie hadn't been on a New York stage in 35 years and she thought that she'd better start getting her voice in shape. She was vocalizing and singing different songs from her past and decided to test her soprano by singing something from The Sound of Music. She began the song while nearing the peak of a mountain and right when she got to "The Hills are alive…with the sound of music" she was coming down the other side of the mountain. Well, that moment coincided with an entirely filled tour bus coming down the road! Julie was horrified that a bunch of tourists saw her literally coming over the Swiss Alps while singing, "The hills are alive with the sound of music." Julie said their faces had the subtext of "How sad. She still thinks she's still in The Sound of Music. Poor Julie Andrews."'

- Seth Rudetsky, recalling his recent interview with Michael Rupert & Christopher Durang in this week's "Onstage & Backstage" column

FJL

« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2009, 05:29:26 AM »

I'd bet their faces really had the ubertext of Oh my god, that's the thrill of a lifetime for me as a tourist.  :)  :)

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2009, 05:49:25 AM »

MEdia Check:

iPod:  IF ON A WINTER'S NIGHT -- Sting.  Also, giving the OCR of BYE BYE BIRDIE a spin

Tivo:  Last night's PROJECT RUNWAY and FLASHFORWARD, along with a few of the Wheeler and Woolsley flicks shown on TCM the other night.

DVD:  EVERY LITTLE STEP (only $19.99 at Target!) and maybe DRAG ME TO HELL if I'm brave enough.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2009, 05:51:36 AM »

I might take off early this afternoon to get my car re-inspected and then go see WHERE THE WILD THINGS ARE.  This looks iffy to me but I am curious about it...
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2009, 05:52:29 AM »

'The most hilarious Julie Andrews story was recounted by both Chris [Durang] and Michael [Rupert]. She has a house in Switzerland and that's where the creative team of Putting It Together went to talk to her about being a part of the show. She agreed to do it and the next morning took one of her exercise walks around the mountains that bordered her house. Julie hadn't been on a New York stage in 35 years and she thought that she'd better start getting her voice in shape. She was vocalizing and singing different songs from her past and decided to test her soprano by singing something from The Sound of Music. She began the song while nearing the peak of a mountain and right when she got to "The Hills are alive…with the sound of music" she was coming down the other side of the mountain. Well, that moment coincided with an entirely filled tour bus coming down the road! Julie was horrified that a bunch of tourists saw her literally coming over the Swiss Alps while singing, "The hills are alive with the sound of music." Julie said their faces had the subtext of "How sad. She still thinks she's still in The Sound of Music. Poor Julie Andrews."'

- Seth Rudetsky, recalling his recent interview with Michael Rupert & Christopher Durang in this week's "Onstage & Backstage" column

LOL
You can dream…or you can do.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2009, 05:53:42 AM »

TOD:

Episodes of NUMB3RS, MEDIUM, FLASHPOINT, LAW & ORDER:SVU and THE UNIT.
You can dream…or you can do.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2009, 06:13:20 AM »

Good morning!

It seems to be clearing here after days and days of rain, drizzle, and mist. Still cool which makes me happy, and looks to be a nice fall day.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2009, 06:18:03 AM »

My work project for today will be twofold. The primary focus will be on this year's flop Nia Vardos comedy MY LIFE IN RUINS, one of the Fox Blu-rays that came in yesterday. I use the term "flop" merely to explain its box-office take which was very weak. That doesn't mean the movie is not good; I'll see for myself later today since I obviously never saw the movie at the theater.

I have Season Four of BONES on Blu-ray, so instead of watching PERRY MASON episodes for fun over the next few days, I'll be going back through Season 4 of BONES during times when I'm not watching my primary work project disc or eating lunch and watching something from the DVR. When I finally finish the other Fox Blu-ray films, I can then concentrate on finishing the BONES set. There are 24 episodes in the set, so hopefully doing this might allow me to watch the rest in the set and save a day of viewing so I can get the review up as quickly as possible (since it's already well over a week past street date).

Matt H.

« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2009, 06:20:23 AM »

A couple of TV Notes to those interested:

UGLY BETTY has its two hour season premiere tonight at 8 p.m. on ABC. Last week it was announced it would be starting at 9 p.m., but ABC has since moved it into the 8 p.m. slot for tonight. (Its regular timeslot, unless ABC changes it, will be 9 p.m.)

PSYCH has its fall finale episode tonight.

Matt H.

« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2009, 06:24:50 AM »

Friday Media Check:

CD - THE GARLAND TOUCH

DVD - MY LIFE IN RUINS (Blu-ray)
         BONES, Season FOur (Blu-ray)
         HOME ALONE 2: LOST IN NEW YORK (Blu-ray)
         MIRACLE ON 34th STREET (1994) (Blu-ray)

DVR - last night's FLASHFORWARD
         last night's SUPERNATURAL
         last night's THE OFFICE/30 ROCK
         last night's THE MENTALIST
         last night's PROJECT RUNWAY

Matt H.

« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2009, 06:27:44 AM »

With the return of UGLY BETTY tonight, I'll have to watch something "live" at 8 p.m. since I have THREE shows tonight in that opening hour: LAW & ORDER, GHOST WHISPERER, and BETTY. BETTY's second hour also conflicts with MEDIUM and MONK (though MONK repeats tonight's episode at an early morning time).

I'll likely watch the two CBS shows "live" and let everything else record.

Thursday and Friday nights are now the nightmare TV schedules for me.

DAW

« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2009, 06:41:29 AM »

BLENCH!

I love British actress Judi Blench!

DAW

« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2009, 06:41:58 AM »

Oh my god, that's the thrill of a lifetime for me as a tourist.  :)  :)

Me, too.      :)

DAW

« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2009, 06:42:33 AM »

TOD:

CD - Cry For Us All

Ditto!         :D

DAW

« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2009, 06:43:21 AM »

Immersion blenders of the world, unite!

DAW

« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2009, 06:49:46 AM »

If Conrad Were In A Chorus Line:

Matt H.

« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2009, 06:59:27 AM »

LOL! Very funny, DR DAW!

;D

Matt H.

« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2009, 07:00:13 AM »

Now I'm heading downstairs to get cleaned up for my later Friday errands. Then, I'll settle in with some TV before departing.

WBBL.

Jennifer

« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2009, 07:02:24 AM »

It's funny that there is so much on tv on a friday night!

I love GHOST WHISPERER and MEDIUM. ANd i also love UGLY BETTY. Can't wait to see the 2 hour premiere. And hopefully lots of people will watch.

Jennifer

« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2009, 07:04:22 AM »

Has anyone seen the movie YEAR ONE? My library is getting it. But i'm wondering if it is sort of funny or just really stupid.

I am looking forward to seeing the dvd that DR MattH is watching (LIFE IN RUINS). That is one of the movies i suggested (and lately my library has been getting most of the suggestions).

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2009, 08:07:09 AM »

Yes, the Month "Oct" is half "ober"!   It's the only appropriately named month, too, for when Oct is ober it's October!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up