Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: GIVING THANKS  (Read 14460 times)

Ginny

Re: GIVING THANKS
« Reply #150 on: November 26, 2009, 07:11:37 PM »

I am very tired and my niece and I have to pick up her mom (my sister) at 8am for some Vera Bradley shopping and breakfast.  This will be my first ever Black Friday shopping expedition.
Are You Insane?

One year on Black Friday I needed to do some grocery shopping and headed to my local grocery store, completely forgetting that I had to pass by a shopping mall. Oy!!! It was close to impossible to even pass by the mall. I need to go to Target soon, but it certainly won't be tomorrow! Best of luck to DR Ginny! She has more courage than I have!

Probably, DR Elmore, but it's not as bad as it sounds.  DR Jeanne, we're not going to any malls or big box stores, just the local gift & consignment shop that's also a Vera Bradley dealer.  In fact, I will navigate my niece so as to avoid the larger shopping areas between here and Gram's house (where her parents are staying).  And the shopping trip is kind of a ruse to get some time alone for my sister to tell me about some genealogy finds that would not meet with our mother's approval.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #151 on: November 26, 2009, 07:22:14 PM »

The internet is really quiet tonight. I'm finished with my surfing, so I'm going to head downstairs and go to bed early and read a little bit.

Good night!
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

td

• td
« Reply #152 on: November 26, 2009, 07:50:37 PM »

Welcome back DR TCB! 
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

td

• td
« Reply #153 on: November 26, 2009, 07:51:56 PM »

. . .and since I must be at work - on Black Friday in retail - at 6 AM, I'll be toddling off to bed very, very soon. . .
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #154 on: November 26, 2009, 08:06:16 PM »

My idea of Black Friday madness is to hit the local supermarket tomorrow. I need eggs and a few other staples.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Laura

« Reply #155 on: November 26, 2009, 08:32:59 PM »

My turkey took seven hours to cook. We gave up and started on the side dishes, of which there were very few.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #156 on: November 26, 2009, 09:47:27 PM »

Back from a lovelier than lovely Thanksgiving meal at Barry Pearl's.  His ever-lovin' Cindy cooked a mighty good repast - turkey, stuffing, salad, mashed potatoes, yams, cranberries, rolls, and pumpkin pie, gingerbread cake and apple pie.  I will say that while I ate a goodly amount of foodstuffs, I did not overdo it.  The other guests were delightful and a good time was had by all.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #157 on: November 26, 2009, 10:37:30 PM »

I'm home from my parents' house.  I don't like turkey (well, anything that looks like it used to be alive...I know I'm weird).  Anyway, I got a Subway sandwich yesterday and had that.  My parents and my sister's boyfriend had the turkey, my niece (vegan) and sister (vegetarian) had portabella mushrooms.  There were several side dishes (German potato dumplings, sweet potatoes, corn bread, etc.) and dessert was a Costco pumpkin pie, a vegan pumpkin pie and a vegan apple & pear cobbler.  For the cobbler, my sister didn't have apple juice, so she used apple schnapps.  I could still feel the alcohol in the cobbler. :-X

Otherwise, we played a game of Sorry! and chatted and watched a bit of TV.  A good time was had by all. :D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #158 on: November 26, 2009, 10:42:30 PM »

I'm now watching NBC's Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade.  After that will be CBS's broadcast of the Thanksgiving Day Parade.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Cillaliz

« Reply #159 on: November 26, 2009, 11:35:15 PM »

I am full and have been up very late talking with DR Samantha and her parents.  time for sleep We are going to Walmart and some other shops tomorrow.  It's a small town, so it won't be crazy
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up