Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Down

Author Topic: THE WEEKEND IS HERE  (Read 16438 times)

DAW

Re: THE WEEKEND IS HERE
« Reply #240 on: December 12, 2009, 11:32:00 PM »

Thanks to DR elmore3003 for the Spirtas report.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #241 on: December 12, 2009, 11:39:50 PM »

Jrand, glad you love the CD.  And for many reasons, it's the release of the year for me, too, and not just because it's Kritzerland.   I was frankly baffled why more people here didn't go for this - can't just be because it's film music, as if that was a dirty word.  It's glorious music - gorgeous, tuneful, touching music by a composer that does have Broadway connections.  Well, those who did get it can revel in its beauty. 

It's lack of familiarity coupled with the onslaught of CD releases over the past few weeks that have left some of us near-paupers.

But because it's Bernstein, there STILL needed to be "some" respect.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #242 on: December 12, 2009, 11:47:06 PM »

MR BK - my STRANGER/TAMIKO cd arrived today.  And it is glorious!  Elmer Bernstein - nothing more to say.  I enjoyed the notes and the photos....AND the design of the booklet AND the design of the CD proper is most clever and interesting!!!

And the music.  I love STRANGER for the reasons you write about.....but I LOVE LOVE LOVE the score for A GIRL NAMED TAMIKO. I have NOT seen the movie in decades....and only once on late night local television - Channel 6 - The Best of Hollywood - but the performances are unforgettable, and the music has brought back all of the images....half forgotten....they are now half remembered.

THANKS TO MR BK and to KRITZERLAND RECORDS for the RELEASE OF THE YEAR!! 

How MANY people did Paramount have to thank - they sort of displayed the Greer Garson syndrome in their portion of the booklet, methinks.

Cool!  Can't wait to get my copy! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #243 on: December 12, 2009, 11:48:18 PM »

Topic of the Day:  I don't know any chicken recipes...and most of the chicken "dishes" that I like are fast-food-based. ::)

« Last Edit: December 13, 2009, 12:03:04 AM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #244 on: December 12, 2009, 11:52:54 PM »

DR George - I am amazed that:

1]  Your picture of your television came out so clearly, and
[2] That you so quickly identified the source!

Congratulations!        :D

1] Who knew?? ;D Evidently, you can take pictures of Hi-def TVs much betterly than CRT TVs, and
[2] Closer Than Ever is one of my absolute favorite musical reviews...WSMA, you know. ;)

musical revue
(review is when you critique something)
Although Putting It Together was subtitled A Musical Review (On purpose)

AARRGGHH!!  I know something didn't look right. :P

George

« Reply #245 on: December 12, 2009, 11:56:08 PM »

DR Elmore, Kevin Spritas was naked in that movie of his that I watched. I think he likes being naked.

I believe that was rear nudity only, DR MBarnum. This play "in your face" nudity. You would have loved it.

He's not the only one. ;)

George

« Reply #246 on: December 13, 2009, 12:00:21 AM »

She did every bit of it herself with no help from Mom - she sends her sincere thanks to all of you for your great recipes and clear directions - her cookies were the hit of the party (there wer no leftovers to bring back to Mom and Dad!!) and every one was very impressed that she baked from scratch and decorated them all herself

Those were some great looking cookies!  Congrats to the Vixter!

George

« Reply #247 on: December 13, 2009, 12:06:58 AM »

I am now watching Wednesday's "Glee."  I was planning on watching last night's "Ugly Betty" first...and it looked like my DVR did record the correct channel and time...but "Ugly Betty" was not on!  Some movie with Adam Sandler was on.  At least, I can watch it on-line.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Up