Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: YOU WOULDN'T KNOW IT BY ME  (Read 26462 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
YOU WOULDN'T KNOW IT BY ME
« on: December 19, 2009, 12:02:14 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes were winding down, and now it is time for you to post until the winding down cows come home.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: YOU WOULDN'T KNOW IT BY ME
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2009, 12:03:02 AM »

And the word of the day is: POTHER!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2009, 12:07:47 AM »

And now, as promised - CD one - which I hope will tickle more than a few dear readers.  It's a BIG release!  You know the drill - if you want it, it's 19.98 plus 3.75 shipping paid directly to kritzerland at adelphia.net - be sure to put the CD title (or titles) in the invoice.  If you're ordering both this and our other CD, there is only one shipping charge.  The other release, which will follow immediately, is a budget-priced CD - my way of saying thank you to everyone who's ordered Kritzerland CDs this year.  So, here is the BIG release:

“THE ANTS IS COMING”

Kritzerland is proud to present a limited edition soundtrack – a world premiere release:

EMPIRE OF THE ANTS Music Composed and Conducted by Dana Kaproff

Empire Of The Ants is the first time a score to a film by Bert I. Gordon (affectionately known as Mr. BIG) has come to CD, and this is its world premiere release – in other words, this is a BIG event.  Mr. BIG has made some of the most beloved genre films of all time, most of them featuring BIG creatures of one kind or another – Earth vs. The Spider, Beginning Of The End, The Amazing Colossal Man, War Of The Colossal Beast, Attack Of The Puppet People, and on and on.  His early films were made at a time when movie going was fun – weekly double bills, shlock and classics playing side by side – a giddy time for audiences and filmmakers alike. 

After some lean years in the early 1970s, during which movie tastes had changed, in 1976 Mr. BIG hit it BIG with Food Of The Gods, a movie filled with a plethora of giant critters.  The film did well enough at the box-office that the following year Mr. BIG was back with Empire Of The Ants, a deliriously wacky film about giant ants run amok – seeing those two films was like taking a trip back in time to another era.

For the score, Mr. BIG hired a young composer who was just starting out, Dana Kaproff.  Kaproff, who was 24, had begun working in TV, and Empire Of The Ants would be his first feature film score. Kaproff’s orchestral score is quite effective, using repeated hammering notes on the piano, along with mysterioso string writing, excellent giant mutant ant music, and, as with the film, there’s a sense of real spirit and fun to the score.   Kaproff would go on to be a prolific composer for television and film, and some of his terrific work includes scores for hit TV shows such as Cagney and Lacey (many episodes), Falcon Crest, The Bionic Woman, Matlock, along with a whole slew of TV movies, plus such films as Sam Fuller’s The Big Red One, the classic chiller, When A Stranger Calls, The Golden Seal, and many others.

The CD is mastered from the original two-track stereo session masters and includes every note of music written for the film. 

This release is limited to 1000 copies only.  The price is $19.98 plus shipping.   The first one hundred copies purchased from Kritzerland will be signed by Dana Kaproff.

CD will ship by the third week of January – however, preorders placed directly through Kritzerland usually ship one to five weeks earlier (we’ve been averaging four weeks early).

« Last Edit: December 19, 2009, 12:23:24 AM by bk »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2009, 12:09:45 AM »

And here is the second CD - this one is 12.98 plus 3.75 shipping, but if you're ordering both CDs, there is only ONE 3.75 charge.

“THE PROGRESS OF MAN IS THE PROGRESS OF STEEL”

Kritzerland is proud to present a limited edition soundtrack – the first time on CD release:

RHAPSODY OF STEEL Music Composed and Conducted by Dimitri Tiomkin

Rhapsody Of Steel was a short animated industrial film commissioned by United States Steel.  Normally, industrial films were not widely seen, but the twenty-two minute Rhapsody Of Steel, a sort of child’s history of steel from the first meteor hitting earth to modern times (circa 1959) and the first manned space rocket turned out so well that it was shown as an added attraction at thousands of US movie theaters in 1959.  The creative team included John Sutherland (who’d been an assistant director at Disney and who’d voiced the adult Bambi), Eyvind Earle (who, the same year, had leant his distinct artistry to Disney’s Sleeping Beauty), and Maurice Noble (Duck Dodgers).  The wonderful actor Gary Merrill was brought on board to speak the narration.   

For the score, Sutherland managed the incredible coup of landing Dimitri Tiomkin – Tiomkin had already won Oscars for High Noon and The High and the Mighty, and would, the same year as Rhapsody Of Steel, win yet another for The Old Man and the Sea, not to mention composing scores for some of Hollywood’s all-time classic films, including Lost Horizon, Duel In The Sun, Red River, High Noon, Strangers On A Train, I Confess, It’s A Wonderful Life, Portrait of Jennie, The Thing from Another World, The High and the Mighty, Dial ‘M’ For Murder, Giant, Friendly Persuasion, Gunfight At The O.K. Corral, Rio Bravo, The Unforgiven, The Alamo, The Sundowners, The Guns Of Navarone, and many others.  His music for Rhapsody Of Steel is propulsive and energetic, capturing the essence of the progress of steel through the ages.   It’s exciting, dramatic, and compelling music and doesn’t let up for the full running time of the film.   Playing the score was the marvelous Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra, which was only appropriate since United States Steel was headquartered in Pittsburgh.  Tiomkin conducted and the result is a virtuoso performance by the orchestra and a thrilling listening experience in fabulous monophonic sound.  Originally released as a promotional LP for friends and family of United States Steel, the LP was a highly prized and sought after collectible, and we’re very happy to finally bring it to CD.  The score is presented two ways – the score only, and the score with Gary Merrill’s narration.

Rhapsody Of Steel is being offered as a budget-priced CD, as our way of saying thank you to all our wonderful customers.

This release is limited to 1000 copies only.  The price is $12.98 plus shipping.  If ordered with any other single title, shipping is, of course, free.

CD will ship by the third week of January – however, preorders placed directly through Kritzerland usually ship one to five weeks earlier (we’ve been averaging four weeks early).   

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2009, 12:36:29 AM »

Welcome seven GUESTS. 

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2009, 12:36:47 AM »

AARRGGHH!!  BK, I just ordered the two CDs, but I clicked too fast and didn't put any title in the e-mail header...or any message, either! :o

Now what? :-[
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2009, 12:37:08 AM »

Who will be first to order Mr. BIG?  And get a signed copy by Dana Kaproff.  And the packaging for Ants is a whole lot o' fun. 

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2009, 12:37:26 AM »

I'll note what they're for.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2009, 12:38:12 AM »

George is the first to have giant ants in his pants.  I think everyone will be most amused by my track titles - I had so much fun doing them.

George

« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2009, 12:41:18 AM »

I'll note what they're for.

Thanks. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2009, 01:00:21 AM »

This evening, I'm working concessions at the Kenneth J. Minneart Center for the Arts at South Puget Sound Community College (non-college booking and house management are now handled by the Washington Center for the Performing Arts).  They have two performance spaces and they actually have two performances each of two different shows today (I'm working the evening shows).  There is also another show at the WCPA, but I won't be there.  I will have to deal with two different intermissions, and hopefully there will be at least one other person to help me.  The concessions counter at SPSCC is pretty small, so there's not much room, but a second person would be most helpful when even one theater is crowded.

:)
« Last Edit: December 19, 2009, 01:12:27 AM by George »

DAW

« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2009, 03:06:49 AM »

DR Jane - Keep the faith!!!!!    You will get there.  Glad the motion range continues to expand, and the pain meds are longer between each dose.   I know it is hard to be patient, but you're doing great!    :)

DAW

« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2009, 03:07:23 AM »

DR Cillaliz - very excited about your office move.  Thanks for keeping us all updated.

DAW

« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2009, 03:08:09 AM »

~~~SUPER-STRENGTH CALLBACK VIBES~~~
FOR DR THE VIXTER!!!!!!!!

DAW

« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2009, 03:09:48 AM »

No Children's Hour here yet.

DAW

« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2009, 03:10:37 AM »

We were supposed to be celebrating Christmas early at my Mom's today - the only day the whole family can get together - but we may have to adjust our plans with the coming storm.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2009, 03:25:11 AM »

NARNIA! How in the (Charles) Dickens did I get to NARNIA!

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2009, 03:53:12 AM »

George

George

GEORGE

GEORGE

Tonight at 9PM on BBC America - the new Doctor Who special "The Waters of Mars (90 min)

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Laura

« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2009, 04:41:58 AM »

Good morning.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2009, 04:43:31 AM »

Good morning, al! I am up early because I have two shopping bags of parcels to ship at the post office and I want to finish as quickly as possible. Around 8:30, i will hail a cab and take everything to the station at 68th and Columbus where there are three automated postage machines; my post office only has one and the place is a zoo. They've told me for several years now that they are getting another but it's bullshit. My station has also removed all the postage machines so it's a complete waste for anything except wasting your time in a line.

After that, I believe I shall have a bit of breakfast and proceed with the remainder of my day, most of which will be at the NYPL.

I was on the home phone with Tommy Krasker last night around 9:30 when our DR edisaurus called me on my cell during intermission to tell me she was loving FINIAN'S RAINBOW. I'm sorry I missed her. I look forward to her reaction to the whole shebang. We just made Charles Isherwood's 10 best list in the NY TIMES.

« Last Edit: December 19, 2009, 05:01:32 AM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2009, 04:49:47 AM »

New releases ordered. 
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2009, 04:50:26 AM »

Well - now it is starting to snow, so I think my brother in law will be driving us to work this morning.  I hope.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2009, 04:50:55 AM »

EMPIRE OF THE ANTS - giants bugs AND Joan Collins and shady real estate dealings.  What's NOT to love?

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2009, 04:52:38 AM »

TOD:

MAD MEN - a few episodes more than others, but in general, the series

THE AMAZING RACE - good cycle

THE MENTALIST - good cast

NCIS - my favorite cast on TV right now on Network television

SUPERNANNY - The parents get over on the kids!

UGLY BETTY - Everyone looks great AND everyone is doing the SAME show.

I shall look forward to seeing other titles today before I name my other four.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2009, 04:53:02 AM »

DR GEORGE - Sea Hunt was the Baywatch of the 1950's.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2009, 04:55:10 AM »

DR MATTH there was an "arrival scan" on my Basterds on December 17 - but the location is a secret.  Maybe it got to Mooresville yesterday and will arrive at  my house today.  Time will tell.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2009, 04:56:14 AM »

DR ELMORE I have bookmarked your link to watch when I get home.  However I am most distressed to find out that the young man is appearing on "BroaTway."

Michael

« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2009, 05:24:23 AM »

TOD

LOST (Fav was the time shifting episode)

I saw this on Blu ay

As for other tv I rarely watch first run but watch reruns  tnt, usa, tbs

So I don't know if they are first run or repeats. (The first two I know are repeats)
NCIS
Law and Order: SUV
the one that has a criminal working for the FBI
The Closer
Family Guy

and recently have seen Criminal Minds
A very dark show. I have decided that I will not continue to watch it.
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2009, 05:24:52 AM »

And now off to Orlando for the rest of the weekend
Never stop dreaming.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2009, 05:32:19 AM »

TOD:

MAD MEN - a few episodes more than others, but in general, the series

THE AMAZING RACE - good cycle

THE MENTALIST - good cast

NCIS - my favorite cast on TV right now on Network television

SUPERNANNY - The parents get over on the kids!

UGLY BETTY - Everyone looks great AND everyone is doing the SAME show.

I shall look forward to seeing other titles today before I name my other four.

I could only think of these:
THE CLOSER
PSYCH
BURN NOTICE
WHITE COLLAR
LIFE ON MARS
LIFE
TOP CHEF - LAS VEGAS
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12   Go Up