Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: KISSED  (Read 18302 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
KISSED
« on: January 14, 2010, 12:06:55 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes were kst, and now it is time for you to post until the kst cows come home.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: KISSED
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2010, 12:07:57 AM »

And the word of the day is: VATIC!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2010, 12:26:20 AM »

That's great about your license plate, BK.  I posted this before, but it's fitting to post it again.  It's from Mel Blanc's IMDb bio.  I don't know if it's true, but it's a funny story:

His license plate read "KMIT." A representative at the California Department of Motor Vehicles asked him if it stood for a radio station, since it is illegal to advertise on a plate. He replied, "No, that's actually an old Jewish expression, 'know me in truth.'" What it actually stood for was "kish mir im tuchis," a Yiddish phrase meaning "Kiss my ass."

Great minds think alike! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2010, 04:42:21 AM »

Good morning, all! I've got the McGlinnventory this morning, fllowed by a trip to the NYPL before a meeting in late afternoon with The Rodgers & Hammerstein Organization. John McGlinn's executor is in town for a couple of days and the meeting at R&H is one he requested. We'll see how it goes.

After the meeting, I hope to toddle back here and collapse but we'll see.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2010, 04:47:27 AM »

The neighbor above me arrived home sometime after 11:30, took the dog out, and woke me around 1:00 am by dropping something heavy on the flloor; it's not a leash so I don't know what the hell it is. It happens whenever he comes in. Shoes? Backpack? if so, he's dropping them from a height of 10 feet. This is usually followed by a heavy scuffing sound, which I think might be his bed, if it's a sofa bed. The only good thing about this is that it makes me more aware of how I might be possibly disturbing the neighbor below me.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ben

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2010, 05:27:44 AM »

I saw the revival of Present Laughter at the Roundabout last night. It was OK. I love Coward and I also really like Victor Garber. He was excellent as Gary Essendine and Harriet Harris was good as Monica, his secretary. Brooks Ashmanskas as the whacky playwright Roland Maule, was his usual, hysterical self.

On a side note I saw the wonderful 1982 revival with Nathan Lane as Maule and George C. Scott as Essendine. It was Lane's Broadway debut (done at Circle in the Square when it was still a functioning theatre company) and was marvelous.

On the whole (with the exception of Garber and Ashkanskas) the women were better than the men. Accents (as usual) were a problem. Some of them were first rate but others were less than effective.

It was a decent production, not great but still, when it's funny, it's very funny. If you've never seen the play before I think there are some better filmed versions, for example, the 1981 production with Donald Sinden. It's on DVD as part of the Noel Coward collection, 7 DVDs of his material. If you don't have it, it's well worth getting. There is some wonderful stuff there.

And now, I must get to work. The Mott's are calling.

Ginny

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2010, 05:31:14 AM »

Thursday morning greetings!  After we both have haircuts this morning, Richard and I are going to help my mom set up her computer.  We're also going to move her hanging clothes and whatever else was left behind in the old house.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Kerry

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2010, 05:36:11 AM »

License plates-- how can we top that?
I like boat races.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2010, 05:36:47 AM »

I believe Miss Frances Farmer did a production of PRESENT LAUGHTER with Mr Reginald Gardner at Avondale in Indianapolis - many years ago.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Kerry

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2010, 05:36:54 AM »

And the word of the day is: VATIC!

I think TCB was there recently.   No license plates though!
I like boat races.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2010, 06:38:24 AM »

Good morning!

Still very cold here (21 during my walk this morning), but the key is that it warms into the high 40s/low 50s in the afternoon, a decided change from the past two weeks.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2010, 06:40:53 AM »

As I mentioned last night, I got a VERY late UPS delivery last night, and in it will be my next two work projects: POST GRAD today and FAME (the 2009 remake, DR Vixmom) tomorrow.

I know nothing about the former title, the one I'm doing today, but I noticed on the box art that Jane Lynch, Carol Burnett, and Michael Keaton are in the supporting cast, so that promises at least a chance for something entertaining. I go in optimistic.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2010, 06:42:27 AM »

Morning, all. It's been a few days, I know. Battling allergies and dealing with a desperate need to find some sunlight and warm days. Anybody have any to share?
I'm sure there have been good thrillers in recent years -- "L.A. Confidential" and "Memento" come to mind. But like some of the others, I think the Coward topic is more interesting. Sorry to hear this isn't a great production. Truly spectacular versions of Coward seem harder and harder to come by. I remember with great delight the revival of "Hay Fever" with Charles Kimbrough, Deborah Rush and a host of crazies making me double up in laughter. No production of that has come close.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Matt H.

« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2010, 06:42:59 AM »

There are two thrillers from the last twenty years that I really liked and that have recently come out on Blu-ray that I haven't gotten yet (both were on my CHristmas list but they weren't the ones I ended up getting):

THE NEGOTIATOR and L.A. CONFIDENTIAL. I have both on DVD, of course, and they look fine on upconverted DVD, but they're such good films (L.A. CONFIDENTIAL is a great film and deserved the Oscar over TITANIC) that I'd love to have the HD counterparts. I'll continue to look for some attractive Blu-ray prices on them.

Matt H.

« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2010, 06:47:22 AM »

I also liked TAKEN from last year, but I know several people here didn't care for it.

Bruce Willis was in three thrillers in the last decade that I really liked: LIVE FREE AND DIE HARD (much better than DIE HARD WITH A VENGEANCE), 16 BLOCKS, and LUCKY NUMBER SLEVIN.

I liked TRAINING DAY with Denzel Washington's Oscar-winning performance and INSIDE MAN was also very entertaining.

Mel Gibson's APOCALYPTO was also edge of your seat entertaining if you could get over the intensity of blood.

Matt H.

« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2010, 06:50:21 AM »

TV Notes:

More new programming tonight including new episodes of many favorites here (BONES, FRINGE, GREY'S ANATOMY, THE MENTALIST, NBC comedies).

However, THE OFFICE will not be on tonight; NBC is showing two back-to-back episodes of 30 ROCK from 9-10.

PROJECT RUNWAY starts its new season tonight at 10.

THE MENTALIST has a rerun at 8 and a new episode at 10. (Hooray for me!)

Once again, the CW is showing reruns this week so no new episodes of SUPERNATURAL or VAMPIRE DIARIES.

Matt H.

« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2010, 06:54:20 AM »

We're doing an early lunch today, so that will give me a longer afternoon timeslot to get my work project done. The bonus material is not extensive, so I should easily be able to complete the work this afternoon and write it up before starting on evening leisure viewing.

Matt H.

« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2010, 07:12:22 AM »

Very quiet here!

Matt H.

« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2010, 07:12:46 AM »

I must head down and get cleaned up now since lunch is going to be early.

WBBL.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2010, 07:16:29 AM »

TOD:

I really like L.A. CONFIDENTIAL.  I think it's the best movie to come out of Hollywood in the last 20 years.

Off the top of my head, I also like:

TAKEN
COPYCAT
VANTAGE POINT
THE INTERNATIONAL
MANHUNTER
HEAT
THE USUAL SUSPECTS
SUSPECT
(which is about 23 years old)

etc., etc., etc.
You can dream…or you can do.

Jennifer

« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2010, 07:18:40 AM »

I think tonight is the GREY'S ANATOMY - PRIVATE PRACTICE crossover. So those who watch one might want to check out the other.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2010, 07:24:17 AM »

Yesterday on a whim, we bought our plane tickets to Cancun in June.  Evidently, the fares were super low, however we ended up getting a flight on JetBlue for a reasonable price, with insurance in case we had to cancel for some unforeseen circumstance.  Mexicana and Aero Mexico had super low fares, if we wanted to hang out in Mexico City for an ungodly like amount of time.  We have a free week at our timeshare (Palace Resorts) and now we are taking our time deciding which resort to stay at. 

That's all I have...

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2010, 07:25:24 AM »

Interesting reading the choices for TOD......I couldn't think of any, but several I like have already been mentioned.

I will second:

LA CONFIDENTIAL

and add

ROCK N ROLLA
GANGSTER NO. 1

Cillaliz

« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2010, 07:35:25 AM »

Snowmen rally against global warming

Cillaliz

« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2010, 07:37:13 AM »

Good morning, that is all

Laura

« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2010, 07:38:06 AM »

LOL
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2010, 07:46:08 AM »

LOL DR CILLA LIZ

Is this DR GINNY's anniversary?

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2010, 07:46:40 AM »

Sounds like fun DR MATTHEW!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2010, 07:46:59 AM »

Going to be 40 degrees here today!  Bring it on!

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2010, 07:47:22 AM »

That picture reminds me of a Peanuts Sunday strip where Linus constructed multiple snowmen so that he could preach to them in the final panel.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Up