Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: THE SEMI-RELAXING DAY  (Read 4006 times)

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
Re: THE SEMI-RELAXING DAY
« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2017, 05:19:07 AM »

Successful PET scan vibes and prayers for our Jack
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

ChasSmith

« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2017, 05:20:02 AM »

This will be the Thanksgiving week that either kills me or makes me a better person.   :D

Rehearsals every night, my share of the cooking to do ... which commences TODAY ... and ... so much more!

vixmom

« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2017, 05:25:50 AM »

I left a very good paying job because if multiple instances of workplace harassment back in 1977

And no I did not report it at the time because he was a manager with 30 years with the company and I was a 5 year supervisor

That being said I can tell the difference between being sexually harassed, flirting and friendly compliments...it is not clear that all of these accusers can say the same

vixmom

« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2017, 05:26:13 AM »

I must away

ChasSmith

« Reply #34 on: November 20, 2017, 05:26:47 AM »

Anon?

ChasSmith

« Reply #35 on: November 20, 2017, 05:30:08 AM »

LEVI! pics look great.  Here's to a most successful rest of the run!

ChasSmith

« Reply #36 on: November 20, 2017, 05:30:34 AM »

And now, I must anon.  And away.  For a while.  Later!

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #37 on: November 20, 2017, 06:31:19 AM »

Good morning, all.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #38 on: November 20, 2017, 06:31:36 AM »

Vibes for JRand.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #39 on: November 20, 2017, 06:33:51 AM »

TOD:

If we can get rid of victim shaming, then all the better. But I don’t think it will be easy.

Also, are we to try each case solely in the court of public opinion?
― Voltaire

ChasSmith

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #41 on: November 20, 2017, 06:54:13 AM »

I just got word that the audio adaptation of FLYNN, my one-person stage play about Errol Flynn, is now available for download on Amazon, audible.com and, within a day or so, iTunes. Sam Burns brings the screen's most famous Robin Hood to life in this production, which has been enhanced with music and sound effects. Enjoy!

https://www.amazon.com/Flynn-One-Person-Play-Two-Acts/dp/B077GFK737/ref=tmm_aud_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=&sr=
You can dream…or you can do.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #42 on: November 20, 2017, 07:05:34 AM »

TOD:  The only political one so far that really makes me wonder where the line is drawn is the lady who said that her boss, a Congressman, had asked her to twirl so he could see the whole outfit on a day when she was wearing an especially nice outfit.   (Apparently, she got a bonus not long after that, and thinks she got the bonus because of that.)

i know that, over my 30-something years in the business world, there have been a good number of workplace situations where someone came into the office dressed to the nines for an event later in the day and co-workers or a boss said something like "Oh, let's see!" and the well-dressed person would do a full turn to show what they were wearing.

But I gather it's different if it's a co-worker asking to see the outfit rather than a boss?  Or maybe not?  It's tough to say.
::)
She must not have a high opinion of her abilities if  "blames" the twirl for her bonus.

Jane

« Reply #43 on: November 20, 2017, 07:11:07 AM »

I left a very good paying job because if multiple instances of workplace harassment back in 1977

And no I did not report it at the time because he was a manager with 30 years with the company and I was a 5 year supervisor

That being said I can tell the difference between being sexually harassed, flirting and friendly compliments...it is not clear that all of these accusers can say the same

I sadly expected the ridiculous and, even worse, the false claims to jump on the bandwagon.

Jane

« Reply #44 on: November 20, 2017, 07:13:08 AM »

I just got word that the audio adaptation of FLYNN, my one-person stage play about Errol Flynn, is now available for download on Amazon, audible.com and, within a day or so, iTunes. Sam Burns brings the screen's most famous Robin Hood to life in this production, which has been enhanced with music and sound effects. Enjoy!

https://www.amazon.com/Flynn-One-Person-Play-Two-Acts/dp/B077GFK737/ref=tmm_aud_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=&sr=

I wish I was able to listen to the audio versio while walking.

Ginny

« Reply #45 on: November 20, 2017, 07:54:48 AM »

Monday morning greetings!  It's a cold, sunny day here in SW Ohio and I have nothing on the calendar.  Richard and I are making our house presentable for Mary Linda's family to stay here while we're in Illinois for Thanksgiving weekend.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

John G.

« Reply #46 on: November 20, 2017, 08:15:24 AM »

Just watched the Orson Welles Othello. It’s good but it could have been better with a bigger budget. The dubbing got to me. It usually does.
― Voltaire

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #47 on: November 20, 2017, 08:22:51 AM »

Just watched the Orson Welles Othello. It’s good but it could have been better with a bigger budget. The dubbing got to me. It usually does.

I'm not a big fan of the movie, but what does amaze me is how much Welles did with so little.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #48 on: November 20, 2017, 08:23:57 AM »

Get an iphone.   :D

Laura

« Reply #49 on: November 20, 2017, 08:45:18 AM »

I decided to clean my oven today. So I am stuck home for the next four hours. Hopefully I will get a lot done.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

ChasSmith

« Reply #50 on: November 20, 2017, 08:51:36 AM »

I just slaved over a hot stove (for about ten minutes) making the cranberry sauce.

Ginny

« Reply #51 on: November 20, 2017, 09:14:20 AM »

Successful PET scan vibes and prayers for our Jack

From here, too!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #52 on: November 20, 2017, 09:16:00 AM »

Richard has begun the semi-annual task of switching the screens and storm windows in the downstairs part of our house - sure sign that winter's on the way  :-\

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #53 on: November 20, 2017, 09:26:40 AM »

I am home. First thing I did was tackle Annabelle, force some baby food down her, and give her 6 ml of Clamavox.  She is not happy with me at the moment.

Next, the litter boxes.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #54 on: November 20, 2017, 09:27:05 AM »

The doctor visit went well.  i've lost 10 lbs.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

John G.

« Reply #55 on: November 20, 2017, 09:40:01 AM »

The doctor visit went well.  i've lost 10 lbs.

Excellent news.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #56 on: November 20, 2017, 09:41:56 AM »

I just slaved over a hot stove (for about ten minutes) making the cranberry sauce.

I have to brave the grocery store later. Not looking forward to that. Have to but ingredients for a crab dip. All but the crab. I’ll get that Wednesday.
― Voltaire

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #57 on: November 20, 2017, 09:46:37 AM »

At 4:00 I will take Annabelle back to Dr Mohr, just to make certain all is well.

Jane

« Reply #58 on: November 20, 2017, 09:47:13 AM »

Get an iphone.   :D

I have an iPhone and it even puts sounds directly into my new hearing aids.  My difficulty with word recognition is the problem. 

Jane

« Reply #59 on: November 20, 2017, 09:55:08 AM »

I am home. First thing I did was tackle Annabelle, force some baby food down her, and give her 6 ml of Clamavox.  She is not happy with me at the moment.

Happy or not, good job getting it down her. 
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up