Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14   Go Down

Author Topic: SHAZAM!  (Read 33132 times)

Michael

Re:SHAZAM!
« Reply #240 on: January 10, 2004, 06:58:54 PM »

Thanks Jed for reposting them. They were not archived. I guess when they changed servers and redid the format a majority of the postings disappeared. I would have posted them in fairness but they were not there.
Never stop dreaming.

MBarnum

« Reply #241 on: January 10, 2004, 07:01:55 PM »

Okay why are people home on a Saturday night? And what do you do on a Saturday night alone?

Hey, that sounds like a rather personal question to me!  :o
« Last Edit: January 10, 2004, 07:06:40 PM by MBarnum »

Jed

« Reply #242 on: January 10, 2004, 07:02:05 PM »

Actually, Michael Shayne, they are still there, because that's where I found them! :)

January 17, 2002 notes
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

Danise

« Reply #243 on: January 10, 2004, 07:02:46 PM »

All the the newest God--Humm a Newbie God?  

Oh Jane, I could tell you some animal stories.   When my Dad was alive we had all kinds.  

We used to go this animal auction on Friday nights and we would always come home with something.  

Like the goat.  My Mom and I were in the stands when they brought out this old Billy goat with horns that curled all the way around like a ram's.  The bidding started at about a dollar as I recall.  Mom and I laughed and laughed (hey that sounds like a BK line) about who would buy that old goat.

Well, after the auction, here comes my dad, leading the goat.  He felt sorry for it and we had five acres at the time.  We named him "Billy" (what other name is there for a goat?) and he lived out his life where no one bothered him and he was fed twice a day.

Or the ducks he bought.  When we brought them home, opened the cage they were in and  they flew away.  We never saw them again.  

My theory is that they were homing ducks and they flew back to the guy that sold them so he could take them someplace else and sell them again.  :D

« Last Edit: January 10, 2004, 07:09:38 PM by Danise »
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #244 on: January 10, 2004, 07:03:14 PM »

Thank You for the Welcome, fellow HHW God, Jed!  That's FHHWG Jed for short.

That was actually kind of fun going back through all my posts.  And truly quite the plethora of various and sundried topics.

Thank You, Craig.

Thank You, Mark Bakalor.

Thank You, BK.

DR Jane - I sometimes "lose" the NEW option if I have not logged in - or if my log in time times out.  And sometimes just hitting "refresh" does not bring up the NEW option either.  Computers and Cookies, I guess - what can you do?  Are you using a PC or Mac?  IE or Netscape?  *I noticed on my brother's computer that I did not get the NEW option because: 1) He was on a cable-modem and always "on", and 2) He had his browser settings to always check for a new version of a page... So.. since it continually was updating, anything New was Old again.  -Or something like that.

DR Charles Pogue - RE: Stars of the past vs. today's "crop" - Very well said.  And true.

DR Laura - Sorry to hear about the loss of your pet.

DR Ann - Sorry to hear about the loss of your pet.

DR Danise - Sorry to hear about the loss of your pet.

And DRs Laura and Ann and Danise - Please know that I'm not trying to "laundry list" my condolences.  I just don't think I've passed them along yet.  My apologies for my tardiness.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2004, 07:07:39 PM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #245 on: January 10, 2004, 07:07:11 PM »

Dear Reader Laura: I'm sorry, I just don't believe you.  Simple as that.  You are not one of our teens, so you would have to explain how you possibly could have missed a Bogart movie.  It is unthinkable that you would never have seen one frame of Casablanca.  Me no believe and me thinks you do this just to have us on.

I cannot believe the loveliness of these posts.  This is SOMETHING, especially on a Saturday.  As the kids say today, we are smoking.

Haven't seen Manji.  

MBarnum

« Reply #246 on: January 10, 2004, 07:07:51 PM »

Jane, I sometimes lose the "new" button when I am looking at HHW at work. I don't know why. It is annoying as that button comes in very handy!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #247 on: January 10, 2004, 07:10:56 PM »

Where's my prize?

I'm still waiting for my "cee-gar", BK!

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

Michael

« Reply #248 on: January 10, 2004, 07:11:00 PM »

Actually, Michael Shayne, they are still there, because that's where I found them! :)

January 17, 2002 notes

Interesting. I am only getting a maxium of 5 or 6 postings which I said was strange. Oh well.....Everyday a little death
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #249 on: January 10, 2004, 07:12:23 PM »

January 17, 2002 notes

I went back and this time they were there!!! Strange, Very Strange.
Never stop dreaming.

Danise

« Reply #250 on: January 10, 2004, 07:12:28 PM »

Thanks, Jose.  I know.  I sometimes get overwhelmed by so many topics going on at once.  I want to comment on them and they sometimes get away from me unless I go back.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

MBarnum

« Reply #251 on: January 10, 2004, 07:12:43 PM »

Haven't seen Manji.  

BK, I think you would very much enjoy Manji. It is about a pretty young bored housewife who takes some art classes and falls in love with the sexy female teacher, and they have an affair. The housewife's husband is rather perplexed by it all.

Lots of melodrama, and it comes off looking  very much like a Ross Hunter soap opera. Lot's of fun! And rather daring for a 1964 movie. I would consider it one of the funnest DVDs that I have purchased!
« Last Edit: January 10, 2004, 07:13:26 PM by MBarnum »

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #252 on: January 10, 2004, 07:13:46 PM »

Jane, I sometimes lose the "new" button when I am looking at HHW at work. I don't know why. It is annoying as that button comes in very handy!

Oh, that was another thing I noticed too whenever I changed computers... Then I realized that "new" only applied to what I had not read on the particular computer I was on at the time.  Cookies, again.

-At least I think that's what the reason was/is.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #253 on: January 10, 2004, 07:16:42 PM »

WOW! Did I really pass DR MBarnum?!?!?

Sooo sorry... However, I still think you're a hottie! :D
Make Your Own Luck.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #254 on: January 10, 2004, 07:17:09 PM »

Yes, I enjoyed the MBARNUM-recommended MANJI.  I don't know why, I just do.

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%][move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]WELCOME TO NEW HHW GOD JOSE!
 [/move] [/move]

And don't forget to visit the Museum of the City of New York - even though I was left OUT of your plethora of thanks....and short list of thanks I could deal with....but a plethora and still none for me.  Well things are frosty in HHW heaven is all I can say.

The wrath of the Gods inspires fear!  >:(

DR CHARLES POGUE I agree with your assessment of the "Golden Age" stars...and there are times that I am horrified to realize that I am older than James Stewart was when he did "The Philadelphia Story" or older than any of a number of stars who seemed so mature when I saw them in these marvelous films.

It used to be a goal to be an adult....now it seems to be a goal to be a teeny bopper for as long as possible.  I am also a bit put out by some DR's who think that we don't "get" RENT because of our age....LOL.  There is nothing new....it's all been done before.  And bad is bad....there is old bad and there is new bad.  And as I said in a post yesterday, nothing gets "older" faster than that which is NEW and NOW!!!

LOL....anyway....  ;D  Pretentious and boring is my HHW reputation, and I feel compelled to now and then live up to it!  8)
« Last Edit: January 10, 2004, 07:23:43 PM by JRand53 »
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Michael

« Reply #255 on: January 10, 2004, 07:17:53 PM »

Dear Reader Laura: I'm sorry, I just don't believe you.  Simple as that.  You are not one of our teens, so you would have to explain how you possibly could have missed a Bogart movie.  It is unthinkable that you would never have seen one frame of Casablanca.  Me no believe and me thinks you do this just to have us on.

I cannot believe the loveliness of these posts.  This is SOMETHING, especially on a Saturday.  As the kids say today, we are smoking.

Haven't seen Manji.  

Thank you Bruce for backing me up here. I can't believe that none of the Bogart films or Gregory Peck films have never been seen. (Lauren Bacall I could understand) People who post here are supposed to be entertainment enriched people.

I am sorry but it finally got to me and I had to say something.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2004, 07:20:01 PM by Michael Shayne »
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #256 on: January 10, 2004, 07:19:01 PM »

Charles Pogue

Can you relate the circumstance about the Writes Guild happening that was mentioned earlier? I must have missed the story.
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #257 on: January 10, 2004, 07:22:22 PM »

BK, I think you would very much enjoy Manji. It is about a pretty young bored housewife who takes some art classes and falls in love with the sexy female teacher, and they have an affair. The housewife's husband is rather perplexed by it all.

Lots of melodrama, and it comes off looking  very much like a Ross Hunter soap opera. Lot's of fun! And rather daring for a 1964 movie. I would consider it one of the funnest DVDs that I have purchased!

Can you tell a little bit more about it? When was it released? What label?

Does it have to do with the Nazis?
« Last Edit: January 10, 2004, 07:23:09 PM by Michael Shayne »
Never stop dreaming.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #258 on: January 10, 2004, 07:22:38 PM »

Oh, MANJI.  Yes, I have that DVD.  For some reason I thought you were talking of a Bollywood film.  Yes, Manji is very strange and amusing.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #259 on: January 10, 2004, 07:24:52 PM »

We've got fourteen count them fourteen GUESTS.  Welcome, guests.  Methinks one such guest might just be the crybaby who banned me from his DVD site.  Can't tell you why I think that, but think it I do - either him or someone who reports to him.  If so, welcome, and I hope you enjoy reading more as the days go by and I really take off the gloves.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #260 on: January 10, 2004, 07:26:34 PM »

MR BK just why would you think DRMBARNUM would be discussing a Bollywood film? ;)
« Last Edit: January 10, 2004, 07:26:54 PM by JRand53 »

Tomovoz

« Reply #261 on: January 10, 2004, 07:29:07 PM »

I had a thought about OZ.  Here in the Northern hemisphere, the further North you go the colder it gets.  Does it do the same in OZ only the further South you go?
Strangely enough yes! Of course in the Northern Hemisphere the higher you climb the colder it gets. In the Southern Hemisphere it gets warmer.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #262 on: January 10, 2004, 07:29:13 PM »

Because MBarnum IS Barnum and Bollywood.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #263 on: January 10, 2004, 07:31:07 PM »

Very true, very true.  Since he discovered Nehaflix.com, their revenue has gone up 125%!!!

DRMICHAELSHAYNE....well I think Hal Linden dubbed Jean Paul in That Man from Rio....but I do not know the answer to the other part of your question.  

Jed

« Reply #264 on: January 10, 2004, 07:31:18 PM »

It used to be a goal to be an adult....now it seems to be a goal to be a teeny bopper for as long as possible.  I am also a bit put out by some DR's who think that we don't "get" RENT because of our age....LOL.  There is nothing new....it's all been done before.  And bad is bad....there is old bad and there is new bad.  And as I said in a post yesterday, nothing gets "older" faster than that which is NEW and NOW!!!

Heck, I'm only 24 and I don't "get" RENT either. :D  But, I was never much of a teeny bopper, either.
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

Michael

« Reply #265 on: January 10, 2004, 07:33:26 PM »

Very true, very true.  Since he discovered Nehaflix.com, their revenue has gone up 125%!!!

DRMICHAELSHAYNE....well I think Hal Linden dubbed Jean Paul in That Man from Rio....but I do not know the answer to the other part of your question.  

Correct!!!!
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #266 on: January 10, 2004, 07:35:16 PM »

If things go they way they have the past few nights we will definitly hit 19,000 posts today!!!!
Never stop dreaming.

Danise

« Reply #267 on: January 10, 2004, 07:37:38 PM »

Humm Tom, I would have thought it would get colder the further South you would go because of Antarctica.  

It's also summer in Oz when it's winter here and vice versa, right?  

When I win my millions, I'm moving to OZ from Sept to March and back to the States from April to August.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Tomovoz

« Reply #268 on: January 10, 2004, 07:39:35 PM »

Jose: Sorry I am late. Congratulations. The heavens seem to be filling with Gods & Monsters.
DR Jed. So you are not a"Rent Boy" then? (maybe that's a UK expression - check the Pet Shop Boys - I know td will understand)
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #269 on: January 10, 2004, 07:47:15 PM »

Danise: Seriously. It is the distance from the equator that determines the warmth or otherwise. I was joking about the height. It does get colder the further you are  above sea level. The seasons are indeed reversed. You could opt for the tropics - the seasons are "wet" and "dry". It is always warm. Not for me though as my favourite seasons are Spring and Autumn. As some other Dear Readers have discussed long ago, the truly interesting fact is that of the water going down a plug hole - clockwise or anticlockwise and what happens at the equator.
James Thurber 1957
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14   Go Up