Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Down

Author Topic: THEN CAME BRONSON  (Read 21563 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re:THEN CAME BRONSON
« Reply #240 on: March 08, 2008, 08:17:12 PM »

Good Evening, again.

I'm back from the Chattanoogan - WOW! is that a nice(!) hotel.  The auditions staff gathered in the bar for some drinks and food.  Fun, fun, fun.  I also ended up playing a few rounds of some sort of really cool table-top shuffleboard game, as well as a round of pool (Stripes & Solids - I lost).

And now I'm back at my hotel, and shall be packing my luggage so that I can sleep in a bit tomorrow morning before the limo(!) service comes to pick me up to bring to the airport at 10:30. :)
Make Your Own Luck.

Ginny

« Reply #241 on: March 08, 2008, 08:18:01 PM »

Now, we're getting notifications of church services being cancelled for  tomorrow, including at the Anglican church we attend in Cincinnati.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #242 on: March 08, 2008, 08:19:32 PM »

For a nice lady, Jessica Fletcher was certainly bad luck.  When she was around, your odds of being murdered went up quite a lot, IIRC.

Thank goodness for that. If that hadn't been true, we wouldn't have had the series for 12 years.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #243 on: March 08, 2008, 08:20:51 PM »

In June, I will have been in this house 26 years.

Matt H.

« Reply #244 on: March 08, 2008, 08:22:11 PM »

I spent the first part of the evening watching the supplemental disc for THE ICE STORM. Lots of interesting features with the stars, the director and producer/writer, the production design team, and there were also some deleted scenes.

Matt H.

« Reply #245 on: March 08, 2008, 08:23:40 PM »

Next, I put back on FORBIDDEN PLANET in HD-DVD. Very excellent quality with colors a bit more aturated than the sDVD, and naturally sharper and with an increased sense of depth.

I do wish it had been filmed in Technicolor, however, instead of Eastmancolor.

Ginny

« Reply #246 on: March 08, 2008, 08:25:09 PM »

DR Jose - hope the weather doesn't interfere with your travel tomorrow.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Matt H.

« Reply #247 on: March 08, 2008, 08:25:40 PM »

TORCHWOOD, I thought, had a kind of fractured episode. Lots of running around but it was never quite clear to me what the power was or how to use it, and the neat looking monster was a great effect but not as effective as previous dire situations.

MBarnum

« Reply #248 on: March 08, 2008, 08:26:10 PM »

DR Vixmom, sorry about the flooding...your house has a tough time, water just doesn't stay where it is supposed to!

And I am most intrigued by the original 1920s dresses that you have! That is so cool!

Ginny

« Reply #249 on: March 08, 2008, 08:26:20 PM »

I'm gonna sign off for the night and go to the other end of the house to watch Amy Adams on SNL.

See y'all tomorrow!

MBarnum

« Reply #250 on: March 08, 2008, 08:30:09 PM »

I guess it is time to sit down and watch a Bollywood movie...tonights Bollywood film is the recent hit AAJA NACHLE (2007)...it stars 1980s superstar Madhuri Dixit, in her comeback film, and is about a 40-something dance teacher who returns to her home town when her former dance instructor passes away.

Upon her return she finds that land developer wants to demolish the old dance school, and her memories...can she save it! I will soon find out.

MBarnum

« Reply #251 on: March 08, 2008, 08:35:59 PM »

And, if you dare, see part of one of the dance numbers from AAJA NACHLE...really, it is a lot of fun!  ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oklAYVA6-M0&feature=related

Matt H.

« Reply #252 on: March 08, 2008, 08:39:09 PM »

Tomorrow I will start on the last of this month's Criterion releases: ANTONIO GAUDI. Another film I've never seen; another 2-disc set so I'll watch the film tomorrow and likely the bonus disc on Monday.

That will leave me open to watch SUPERMAN RETURNS on Blu-ray at some point tomorrow.

Matt H.

« Reply #253 on: March 08, 2008, 08:39:43 PM »

Now I have some writing to finish up. Then, I'll head downstairs to bed.

Good night!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #254 on: March 08, 2008, 08:46:40 PM »

Awwww.... That was cute opening segment on "SNL" - And I'm guessing Mr. Schwartz will be getting another nice royalty check for that too!
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #255 on: March 08, 2008, 09:50:07 PM »

Back from a lovelier than lovely dinner with Miss Cindy Williams and Mr. Mark Rothman (aka The Brain).

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #256 on: March 08, 2008, 10:29:48 PM »

TV Reminder:

[size=8]TORCHWOOD!!![/size][/glow]

I recorded it and I'm watching it right now! :D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Cillaliz

« Reply #257 on: March 08, 2008, 10:48:19 PM »

Finally, my computer is done updating. I think it's going to work great. It only started to crash once tonight and that was downloading Windows XP service pack 2 which is a screwy thing anyway.

Cillaliz

« Reply #258 on: March 08, 2008, 10:49:18 PM »

I watched Infamous tonight. I was a little surprised at how much it differs from Capote.  But I did enjoy watching it.

Time for bed. I need to be on the road early in the morning. Night!

George

« Reply #259 on: March 08, 2008, 10:54:18 PM »

Saturday Snow Day morning greetings!  Our county is now on a Level 3 snow emergency, which means:

All roadways are closed to non-emergency personnel. No one should be driving during this condition unless it is absolutely necessary or a personal emergency exists. All employees should contact their employer to see if they should report for work. Anyone traveling on the roads may subject themselves to arrest.

:o I've never heard of anything like this!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #260 on: March 08, 2008, 11:24:28 PM »

I watched something short and sweet.  And now, I'm the only one in the jernt.

George

« Reply #261 on: March 08, 2008, 11:45:25 PM »

I was in my house for 28 years before we moved to the new one, so there was quite a bit of purging to do. And actually, I still need to do more!

I've been living at my place for a year and five months, and I still haven't gotten much out of boxes.  I don't feel so bad, now. ;)

George

« Reply #262 on: March 08, 2008, 11:47:08 PM »

Congratulations to DR George on your refi!  I would spend all that "found" money on DVDs and CDs...   :P

I wish I could, but I need to save some for my property taxes and to pay back my mom who paid for the closing costs.

George

« Reply #263 on: March 09, 2008, 12:03:38 AM »

Well, I think I will go ahead and make and appearance at the party, so...  But I do plan to be back in plenty of time to catch Amy Adams on "SNL" tonight.

Laters...

I totally forgot to watch this...but I remembered to record it. :) I can watch it from the beginning.

George

« Reply #264 on: March 09, 2008, 12:05:07 AM »

I just bought a ticket to see a 65 year old Jesus---Ted Neeley. My DH wasn't interested in going, so I bought a single ticket and probably got the best seat in the house for hte last show tomorrow. It's being staged at our new performance arts center. I've never been, so I'm looking forward to seeing it, and the show!

You'd think at 65 that Jesus is about ready to retire now!

This is the same tour that came to Olympia last year!  I worked backstage with the wardrobe people and got to meet Ted!  He was very, very nice!  I really didn't get to see much of the show itself.  I hope you enjoy it!

George

« Reply #265 on: March 09, 2008, 12:06:46 AM »

I wonder if I can post enough posts to get to page 10.

George

« Reply #266 on: March 09, 2008, 12:07:22 AM »

Today's rehearsal went quite well.  We had a full run-through...without costume, of course.

George

« Reply #267 on: March 09, 2008, 12:08:02 AM »

Tomorrow, we're supposed to have rehearsal from 1:00 pm until 7:00.  It's gonna be a long day. :P

George

« Reply #268 on: March 09, 2008, 12:08:55 AM »

We're also supposed to have a costume parade tomorrow.  I have some slacks and a shirt for the opening number, and then I change into my Dolly Dimples outfit for the rest of the show.

George

« Reply #269 on: March 09, 2008, 12:10:09 AM »

During the New Year's Eve party scene in the second act, I've been told that I'll have a costume that fits over my Dolly Dimples drag, so that I won't have to take that off.  I love easy costume changes...and I have a LOT of time before and after the change. :D
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Up