Archives > Archive 18

I'VE NEVER BEEN IN LOVE BEFORE

(1/33) > >>

bk:
Well, you've read the notes, the notes are stuck in your head, and now it is time for you to post until the cows come home - they're currently singing Cow Cow Boogie, which is, coincidentally, stuck in their collective heads.

bk:
And the word of the day is: TANTIVY!

George:
Topic of the Day:  about two and a half years ago (I think), the song that I got stuck in my head was "I Was Here" from The Glorious Ones by Lynn Ahrens and Stephen Flaherty.  I found a YouTube clip (since removed) of Patti LuPone singing it in concert.  I'd never heard of the song before, but I just fell in love with it.  Some of the versions on YouTube that I find now are very different than the way Patti sang it (not that there's anything wrong with that ;)).  Several people sing it like a lovely ballad, very contemplative or like they have to "act" every moment the song (overact, really) but Patti sang it like an anthem, which to me really seems the way it should be performed.

I had that song stuck in my head for almost two weeks.

Ben:
Last night John asked

"Has anybody read any preview reviews of Bernadette Peters and Elaine Stritch in "Night Music"?"

Performances begin this Tuesday, July 13th.

I don't have a ticket yet but I'm hoping it will appear on TKTS so I can see it at a discount. They do have $52 rear balcony tickets and that's probably how I will see the show.

Jrand73:
I now have two songs in my head....'Let's Fall In Love' as sung by John Stevens and "Pick Yourself Up" by Mr Guy Haines, both of which are heard in "Blithe Spirit" - the first as the play opens....and the second in the intermission music.

....take a deep breath.....dust yourself off....pick yourself up....
and start....all.....over......agaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaai nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version