Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: CLOSING NIGHT  (Read 19659 times)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
Re:CLOSING NIGHT
« Reply #120 on: December 17, 2006, 04:41:47 PM »

Al Gore....didn't he invent the internet?  Didn't he put the environment in his lock box.

He should fire ALL his speech writers and start ALL over....l
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #121 on: December 17, 2006, 04:43:11 PM »

Sen. Evan Bayh - career politician idiot son of a career politician idiot has announced that he will NOT seek the Presidential nomination for the Democratic party.

The US doesn't know how lucky it is.  Hopefully he can stay off the ticket - and this isn't an inside "deal"...

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #122 on: December 17, 2006, 04:44:52 PM »

Help stamp out Career politicians.  :P

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #123 on: December 17, 2006, 04:48:43 PM »

I would imagine in my fevered brain that there would not be two BETTER people to see DREAMGIRLS with than DRS ELMORE & HO-SAY.

DR JRand56, I wish you could join us!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #124 on: December 17, 2006, 04:49:50 PM »

A customer at work told me about something wonderful that she is doing for Christmas.

She is inviting something like thirty people over for Christmas dinner.  They are all people who would otherwise be alone for the holiday.

Her husband died last year, and she learned firsthand what being alone on that one day can be like, how it is so much worse than other days simply because of our traditions of spending it with family.

What if a person has no family nearby?

So she decided that, this year, she would take a positive action, and is cooking for a large number of relative strangers.

I meet some of the best people at my job!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #125 on: December 17, 2006, 04:59:09 PM »

After work, der B and I headed out to find a Secret Santa gift for one of our Customer Service people, a perky young woman named Kerry.  (Imagine someone somewhere between Rachael Ray and the character Abby on NCIS.)  What I had decided would be appropriate would be a serving tray, simple yet elegant.  Every young woman should have a serving tray.

But where to find it?  We checked at Kitchen & Company (not impressed), Pier 1 (promising), Oneda (oops, totally wrong), and Mikasa (nicer stuff, but still not right).  So we went back to Pier 1 and got the tray I'd spotted for an easy $16!

That finishes my Christmas shopping.

Side note: at both Pier 1 and Mikasa, I was instantly recognized by one of the clerks and identified by name.  Working at the store really has made me a public figure!

That has a good side, sure, but what if I wanted to get out and get into some trouble (lower-case, nothing spectacular)?  Will I always have to be on my best behavior from now on?  Dang, being instantly recognized does have a down side!   :P
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #126 on: December 17, 2006, 05:00:33 PM »

I should get dinner going.  Chicken breasts with a bit of an asian slant.  Plus rice and a salad.

Simple stuff.

Cason

• The time is nigh!
« Reply #127 on: December 17, 2006, 05:11:43 PM »

I know nothing of drunken parties, thats Cason's post!

Well, following the aforementioned pizza party for the cast, crew, and random other floating entities of the "Brain," most of the aforementioned cast, crew, and random other floating entities of the "Brain" went to cast members Chie and Benjamin's apartment, where debauchery of the highest took place, I am sure.  I had the offer to go to Genghis Cohen - which in afterthought, I should have taken, but it was nice to celebrate with the rest of the "Brain"-ettes.  

Cast member Grady and myself did not partake in the imbibing of said debauchery and were in the first round of pushing out for the evening.  

I faced the old conundrum of "if I go home, I'll wish that I was out; if I go out, I'll wish that I went home."  And indeed as soon as I had gone out, I was wanting to be home and in bed, so I reveled for a moment and then took my leave.  

Sorry I have no lewd acts to disclose, but the most excitement I had last night following the performance was looking at the amazing pictures taken from our preview (some of which Bruce had posted on here, but most of which I hadn't seen)...easily impressed, aren't I?
Art touches people in ways that words can't and my goal in life is to touch as many people as possible.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #128 on: December 17, 2006, 05:20:23 PM »

Damn! Damn! Damn! Damn!  

I am low on my giftwrapping supplies and I am stymied until tomorrow.  I would as much wish to be out with the Christmas shoppers as I pine for a lobotomy, having my fingernails removed with no anesthesia, or a recording by Betty Buckley.  Still, I have to brave the throngs tomorrow morning.  

I've been googling my plan of attack.  Plan 11, the perfect plan.

You know what I miss in New York?  The good ol' 5 and 10!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #129 on: December 17, 2006, 05:41:30 PM »

well, I have a schlep tomorrow morning to the lower East Side, to the building, I do believe, where we rehearsed THE TRAGIC AND HORRIBLE LIFE OF THE SINGING NUN.  I will start there and wend my way uptown, perhaps stop at the wonderful Academy and check out the used DVDs and CDs for last minute gifts and proceed uptown.  If only my BABES report were so easy!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #130 on: December 17, 2006, 05:42:05 PM »

I am frenzied out.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #131 on: December 17, 2006, 06:19:26 PM »

I haven't caught up I am just popping in to say the tree is up but not decorated, the wallpaper is bough but not on the wall, the presnets are bought but not wrapped the cards are written and addressed but not mailed anf the whole house needs a good dose of MattH

Would anyone mind awfully if we put Chroistmas off a month or so?

Love and Vibes to all!!!

Back to try and get SOME of my chores done!
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #132 on: December 17, 2006, 06:22:17 PM »

Music Guy-Congratulations on becoming a God!  It’s about time you joined us! ;D

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #133 on: December 17, 2006, 06:24:27 PM »

George-Glad you had such a nice evening.  I hope all went well when you cleaned out the frig & freezer.  I’m having computer problems so if you mentioned it, I missed it.

Vixmom I feel as if I'm missing the holidays, an extra month wouldn't help me.  Have fun & enjoy the rush.

‘night.

Cillaliz

« Reply #134 on: December 17, 2006, 06:45:49 PM »

I'm here but don't have much to say. Sad about the climber. Hope the other two are still alive

Cillaliz

« Reply #135 on: December 17, 2006, 06:46:42 PM »

I desperately needed a new desk chair for my home office. I found a leather chair for $39 at Staples. It was a pain to put together, but it's really very comfortable. I am most happy with that purchase

Cillaliz

« Reply #136 on: December 17, 2006, 06:52:04 PM »

I haven't gotten much done today. I'm not sure why. The good news is only 5 more days of work and I will have10 days off is a row!!!!!!

Cillaliz

« Reply #137 on: December 17, 2006, 07:53:42 PM »

Got this from a friend and I just had to do it too....

http://www.elfyourself.com/?userid=03c7e411096e39d34da0872G06121718

Michael

« Reply #138 on: December 17, 2006, 08:04:49 PM »

A hello and a good night.

Next week is Christmas Eve.
Never stop dreaming.

Cillaliz

« Reply #139 on: December 17, 2006, 08:15:31 PM »

I have a very busy week coming up. Luckily, I feel quite good. The neck and back no longer hurt and I had a very restful weekend.  I was listening to Grey Gardens today, which reminds me, I must empty the cat box before I go to bed!

FJL

« Reply #140 on: December 17, 2006, 08:19:34 PM »

Just back from a little Hannukah merriment at my brother's in New Jersey.  

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #141 on: December 17, 2006, 08:21:45 PM »

I've been reading William Mann's book on Katharine Hepburn - KATE. Pretty remarkable information he's unearthed. I'm only about four chapters in.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #142 on: December 17, 2006, 08:27:19 PM »

When I put the book down and turned on the TV, I watched PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: DEAD MAN'S CHEST. Really more of the same as the first movie - fun, laughs, thrills, but overindulgent and at least thirty minutes too long for what it is.

The transfer is dark and loaded with greens and golds, but very sharp, great detail, and the sound is explosive almost throughout. I enabled Dolby EX decoding so that back surround channel joined right in with the right and left rear channels for a very wide soundstage.

Matt H.

« Reply #143 on: December 17, 2006, 08:28:55 PM »

Next came a couple of episodes of POLICE SQUAD! (in color as they like to remind us a la Quinn Martin).

The pilot episode involved a bookkeeper who killed her boss so she could pay for her dental work. Hilarious from beginning to end.

Matt H.

« Reply #144 on: December 17, 2006, 08:30:02 PM »

The second episode involved Drebbin going undercover in the fight game unearthing fight fixing. This one was directed by Joe Dante who went on to do GREMLINS and other fanciful films.

Matt H.

« Reply #145 on: December 17, 2006, 08:31:27 PM »

Then I watched the mesmerizing season finale of DEXTER. Thrilling wrap-up to the first season which didn't end at all as I was expecting. I'll miss it during the next year.

Matt H.

« Reply #146 on: December 17, 2006, 08:33:36 PM »

I haven't caught up I am just popping in to say the tree is up but not decorated, the wallpaper is bough but not on the wall, the presnets are bought but not wrapped the cards are written and addressed but not mailed anf the whole house needs a good dose of MattH

This is the most organized I've been for Christmas in ages. Can't believe I had everything taken care of with time to spare. And I've still managed to keep up with the cleaning, too. I've surprised myself this year.

Adriana Patti

• The best is yet to come!
« Reply #147 on: December 17, 2006, 08:40:47 PM »

Sorry I have no lewd acts to disclose, but the most excitement I had last night following the performance was looking at the amazing pictures taken from our preview (some of which Bruce had posted on here, but most of which I hadn't seen)...easily impressed, aren't I?

No news is good news...

I want to see the pictures!!!!!!
I want to hear the cast album!!!
Noooooooooooooooooooooow!!!
"If we did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves."
-Thomas Edison

Cillaliz

« Reply #148 on: December 17, 2006, 08:54:52 PM »

How annoying, I've been watching the situation on Mt Hood all day. On the local news at 10:00 PM tonight they did the story as it existed this morning. Much has changed. Don't they even check to see if the story is the same. I mean it's been over 5 hours since they found one climber and they were still talking about finding the first snow cave and trying to reach it. Sheesh!

Cillaliz

« Reply #149 on: December 17, 2006, 08:55:46 PM »

I must get some sleep. My neck and head are feeling much better, but I have a very busy week so I need to get some rest.  Night all
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up