Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Down

Author Topic: INSANITY  (Read 17545 times)

DAW

Re: INSANITY
« Reply #270 on: June 13, 2009, 12:03:39 AM »

Come to think of it, HHW has been, at times, slow and sluggish of late as well.    Hmmm......   Perhaps it's my Internet service provider?

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #271 on: June 13, 2009, 12:04:33 AM »

So...

Twelfth Night was quite wonderful.  Again. It was neat to see it without all the rain and drizzle and mist - it really was a picture-perfect early summer night in the park.  However, I do have to say that the "elements" added a palpable sense of gravity to the proceedings last night.  As the final song goes...

When that I was and a little tine boy,
With hey ho, the wind and the rain,
A foolish thing was but a toy,
For the rain it raineth every day.

But when I came to man's estate,
with hey ho, the wind and the rain,
'Gainst knaves and thieves men shut their gate,

But when I came, alas, to wive,
By swaggering could I never thrive,

But when I came unto my beds,
With toss-pots still had drunken heads,

A great while ago the world begun,
But that's all one, our play is done,
And we'll strive to please you every day.

Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #272 on: June 13, 2009, 12:05:37 AM »

Come to think of it, HHW has been, at times, slow and sluggish of late as well.    Hmmm......   Perhaps it's my Internet service provider?

Or maybe you just need to add some more roughage to your diet.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #273 on: June 13, 2009, 12:08:08 AM »

Facebook

It's so sluggish and slow of late that I often don't even bother checking in anymore.

Facebook has actually sped back up over the past few days.  I think all the readying for the onslaught of Username registering was slowing down their system. -And, apparently, they did have quite the onslaught - 200,000 names registered in the first 20 minutes (it started at midnight EDT).

And, it looks like Facebook is getting ready for yet another change to their "front page".  Oy!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #274 on: June 13, 2009, 12:17:09 AM »

So...

I decided to take my time leaving The Delacorte tonight.  I just wanted to sit there for a bit and let it continue to sink in - while the majority of the audience stood on the stairs waiting to make their exit.  Then as I was about to leave the park, I noticed two couples standing with maps, so... One wasn't sure where to get out of the park, and one was wondering what good restaurants were near by. :)

Then...

Since it was just such a nice night, I decided to walk home from 81st Street.  I started walking up Central Park West, and I started to hear and recognize a familiar voice coming up behind me.  It turned out it was Raśl Esparza - who plays Orsino - and the show's choreographer, along with another actor/friend, and a great big dog(gie).

Well...

I never worked directly with Raśl during the Sondheim Celebration, but we did share "hall space", and chatted a few times during breaks.  So, I went and re-introduced myself to him.  We chatted about this and that, and he even asked what I thought about the show.  When I told him that I had also seen the show last night, then the choreographer started to listen in...

After a few blocks of chatting and walking, I decided to let them go on their merry way.

It was truly a perfect way to end the evening.

*And that's also why the whole almost-getting-mugged thing really didn't - and doesn't - bother me. :)
Make Your Own Luck.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #275 on: June 13, 2009, 12:20:06 AM »

Rats!  Apparently I'm missing some software or plug-in or something and cannot get the webcast of the fashion show that Mary Linda's in tonight.  Guess I'll watch Inside Daisy Clover after all.

I don't know why this post made me think of it, but with my new computer, I should be able to watch Netflix movies instantly on my computer!  I could never do that with my old computer (with Windows 2000 and not enough RAM).  I'll have to check tonight when I get home. :D

Well, although my new computer has enough power and download speed, I didn't realize that you had to buy a separate piece of equipment to be able to download Netflix movies to view on your computer. :-\ I won't be buying that separate piece of equipment.

Oh, well.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #276 on: June 13, 2009, 12:23:19 AM »

Well, I now must leave work to help my sister work on her old house (even though it's only about five years old).  She actually has someone coming on Sunday to look at it to see if she (this other someone) would like to rent it.  I need to swap out a bathroom sink and replace the kitchen faucet, then go to my sister's new house and do some more stuff over there. 

It'll be a long night. :P

Has the word that Lincoln freed the slaves not yet made its way to Tumwater?

der Brucer

No...at least, my sister never got the word.  Once she gets her old house rented (hopefully, this person coming on Sunday will rent it), and the major stuff gets done at her new house AND I'm through with rehearsals and/or performances of "Romeo & Juliet," THEN I'll have my freedom...but not until then. ::)

;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Up