Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down

Author Topic: THE MYSTERY OF THE MYSTERY GIRL  (Read 17357 times)

Ginny

Re: THE MYSTERY OF THE MYSTERY GIRL
« Reply #180 on: February 15, 2010, 06:39:05 PM »

Travel Vibes to Elmore and Joseph~~~~~~~ If it looks really bad - don't take chances!!

Ditto~~~~~~~~~and Ditto!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Laura

« Reply #181 on: February 15, 2010, 06:43:43 PM »

More travel vibes for Elmore. 
"That's a lotta hamsters."

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #182 on: February 15, 2010, 06:43:44 PM »

I was hoping that our one and only Canadian station (from Vancouver) might be able to give me an update on the figure skating before I head off  to bed.  Unfotunately, they are showing CORONATION STREET instead.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #183 on: February 15, 2010, 06:48:58 PM »

I had planned to watch last nights pairs competition tonight, only I have been busy working on insurance.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #184 on: February 15, 2010, 06:58:45 PM »

Back from a lovelier than lovely early dinner at Nate 'n' Al's.  I shall now go watch a motion picture on Blu and Ray.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #185 on: February 15, 2010, 07:27:04 PM »

Many good travel thoughts to DR Elmore....
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #186 on: February 15, 2010, 07:30:48 PM »

Since I had the time and had never seen it before, I went ahead and watched MAJOR BARBARA tonight. My lord, what a cast of British stars and soon-to-be-stars and famous character actors. Ways down the cast list there's Stanley Holloway a decade and a half before he and Rex Harrison (also in the film) would work together on MY FAIR LADY.

And Robert Newton was SEXY. Couldn't believe my eyes. And Emlyn Williams and Deborah Kerr in her movie debut in a small part. And even with people you may not know by name, you knew their faces. How grand.

Movie was very enjoyable, I thought. Maybe a little long. That tour of the factory and adjacent village could certainly have been shortened.

Matt H.

« Reply #187 on: February 15, 2010, 07:32:05 PM »

Next I watched a cartoon series which had been recommended to me - ARCHER. I didn't much care for it.

Matt H.

« Reply #188 on: February 15, 2010, 07:33:10 PM »

With the men's figure skating beginning tomorrow night, I went ahead and rewatched the national championship finals again. OK, I have their routines set in my head. It'll be interesting to compare what they do in the Olympics to what they did at Nationals.

Matt H.

« Reply #189 on: February 15, 2010, 07:33:50 PM »

And I concluded my evening with '24.' More great action and excitement, much more in the realm of '24' from previous seasons. Really Enjoyed tonight's show.

Matt H.

« Reply #190 on: February 15, 2010, 08:13:13 PM »

Well, I think I'll head down to bed and write up MAJOR BARBARA tomorrow morning. I'm just too tired tonight to think any more.

Good night!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #191 on: February 15, 2010, 08:17:42 PM »

Any one know of where I can find replacement costs for Irish trad sheet music....

Most of my books are from Ireland and Britain...

I have not had a lot of fun since Thursday night when the Bongo boys punctured a water pipe to cleen out the pot that they ceremoniously plugged...

and Yes, part of my apartment was swamped. I was using rubbermaid tubs and towels to stemm the water from spreading into the rest of the apartment. I am not amused with Bongo boys. It is not the first time they have been busted for Pot....
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #192 on: February 15, 2010, 08:18:38 PM »

Aside from that DH did treat me to a nice supper on Saturday. ...

I have been busy with getting ready for the conferences I am attending in april in Cincinnati.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #193 on: February 15, 2010, 08:21:15 PM »

I am hoping something good happens... Granted a few thigns have since the first of the year but there has been a lot of set backs.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #194 on: February 15, 2010, 08:25:47 PM »

I tried to watch Lola Montes on Blu and Ray but kept falling asleep.  Tomorrow night, methinks.

Laura

« Reply #195 on: February 15, 2010, 08:33:50 PM »

I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your stuff, DakotaCelt. I hope they step up and take responsibility.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #196 on: February 15, 2010, 08:45:58 PM »

Any one know of where I can find replacement costs for Irish trad sheet music....

Most of my books are from Ireland and Britain...

I have not had a lot of fun since Thursday night when the Bongo boys punctured a water pipe to cleen out the pot that they ceremoniously plugged...

and Yes, part of my apartment was swamped. I was using rubbermaid tubs and towels to stemm the water from spreading into the rest of the apartment. I am not amused with Bongo boys. It is not the first time they have been busted for Pot....

Try SheetMusicService.com.

And I know this probably won't make you feel better, but it gave me a huge laugh on Sunday.  One of the very oldest members of the congregation I play for came up and asked me if I had heard about the "Drama" they were experiencing at her retirement home.  When I told her no, she informed me that a couple had moved in next door to her that was smoking huge amounts of pot, filling the halls with smoke.  "At least it's taken our minds off our gall bladders," she said, without missing a beat.  :)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #197 on: February 15, 2010, 09:08:22 PM »

Travel Vibes to Elmore....

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #198 on: February 15, 2010, 09:11:21 PM »

JMK, thanks for the laugh....

I did check the site but they do not have one of the peices due to it being out of print. The other  is presently out of stock. Hopefully it is just out of print, temporarily. I have found copies of the Long Black Veil release for as much as 76 American dollars...

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #199 on: February 15, 2010, 09:35:33 PM »

There's always eBay for out of print music.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #200 on: February 15, 2010, 09:39:36 PM »

Good Evening!

It was another very good day.  Quite wonderful, in fact. :)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #201 on: February 15, 2010, 09:42:16 PM »

As for the Vietnamese Cinnamon Hot Chocolate...

Yes, I could tell it tasted different from the Chinese Cinnamon Hot Chocolate last week.

::)
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #202 on: February 15, 2010, 09:42:51 PM »

I enjoyed the Olympics tonight and was pleased with the results. 

Cillaliz

« Reply #203 on: February 15, 2010, 09:44:20 PM »

I bought some hazelnut hot chocolate mix. Not even a good substitute for the wonderful flavors Jose experiences, but for me it's going out on a limb ;)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #204 on: February 15, 2010, 09:45:02 PM »

As for tonight's Chinese culinary adventure out in Flushing, Queens...

WOW!  We tried something called "Muslim Lamb Chops" on the menu, and it was a true taste sensation!  All of us at the table literally made noises of delight as we bit into the pieces of lamb encrusted with cumin and sesame seeds.  -And the rest of the meal was quite tasted too.
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #205 on: February 15, 2010, 09:45:11 PM »

I recorded the Westminster dog show tonight.  I don't know how I'm going to avoid seeing the winner before I have a chance to watch, but I'll try

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #206 on: February 15, 2010, 09:46:43 PM »

And another Twitter-friend joined us tonight.  Not only did she speak Chinese - which made ordering quite easy tonight - but she also brought three bottles of fine champagne with her: a blanc de blancs, a rosé and a Brut.  She "does wine" for a living, and had received the bottles as part of a promo.  :)
Make Your Own Luck.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #207 on: February 15, 2010, 09:46:52 PM »

As for the Vietnamese Cinnamon Hot Chocolate...

Yes, I could tell it tasted different from the Chinese Cinnamon Hot Chocolate last week.

::)

that sounds good...

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #208 on: February 15, 2010, 09:48:16 PM »

And then my friend, David, met us out at the restaurant in time for dessert.  He flew in LGA, and then had to make an emergency trip to Macy's to buy some shoes, and since he was two blocks away from the restaurant, well...

After dinner, we cabbed back into the city, and then spent about hour at his hotel catching up on each other's lives.  A perfect way to cap the evening and the day.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #209 on: February 15, 2010, 09:48:43 PM »

And since I have an all-day audition session tomorrow (and Wednesday)....
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up