Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: SPEEDY BK  (Read 31468 times)

td

• td
Re:SPEEDY BK
« Reply #120 on: February 24, 2004, 02:36:54 PM »

I didn't want Johnny Crawford,  I wanted to be Johnny Crawford.
But, did you want to be Johnny Crawford in THE NAKED APE?
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Michael

« Reply #121 on: February 24, 2004, 02:39:34 PM »

I read today of the planned remake of THE POSEIDON ADVENTURE.

I don't understand this kind of thinking.

I thought they already did it and it was called Beyond the Poseidon Adventure
Never stop dreaming.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #122 on: February 24, 2004, 02:53:35 PM »

Trivia: (I've just been doing some recording).
What was the last musical on Broadway to produce 4 top 5 hits (and a couple of other ones as well) in the US Top pop charts?

Does it work in reverse order?  How about Saturday Night Fever?

Are you sure that td is a prince?  I heard he was a que..... never mind!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #123 on: February 24, 2004, 02:57:17 PM »

DR Charles Pogue, the "Pigeons from Hel" episode was on the series THRILLER with Boris Karloff, and it was truly frightening.  I'm amazed I'd forgotten that series; there were several excellent shockers on it, but "Pigeons" was one of the best.  I remember a frightening broadcast of the Blackwood story "The Wendigo" on some tv series, sponsored by Kraft, maybe?  I watched it while babysitting my cousins one night and it still unnerves me!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #124 on: February 24, 2004, 03:09:00 PM »

But, did you want to be Johnny Crawford in THE NAKED APE?

Apparently a current photo of Johnny Crawford promoting a performance in L.A. on March 22 of Johnny Crawford and His Orchestra
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #125 on: February 24, 2004, 03:13:47 PM »

Johnny's orchestra is great!

MBarnum

« Reply #126 on: February 24, 2004, 03:16:40 PM »

I met Johnny Crawford at some sort of memorablia show in Portland several years ago and he was really nice!

Yes, DR Elmoore THRILLER had some great episodes. One that I recall starred Donnelly Rhodes and it was quite good. The title was ...oh, wait that was THE ALFRED HITCHCOCK HOUR. Well, both shows were good. I used to have a crush on Donnelly Rhodes when he was on SOAP and I guess that is all I really wanted to say anyhow! LOL!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #127 on: February 24, 2004, 03:23:14 PM »

Uplifting vibes to Swishy Sarah
[move=up,scroll,6,transparent,100%]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/move]
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

SwishySarah

• Swish On!
« Reply #128 on: February 24, 2004, 03:50:14 PM »

Thank you to Jane, MBarnum, and SWW. This month hasn't been the best, news-wise. The little boy was killed in a car accident. But before you assume, the woman who hit him was going under the speed limit, and wasn't under any influences. He had been playing behind a parked car, and his ball went into the street. He ran after it, in front of her van. There was no time for her to stop, and the family isn't pressing charges against her. It was/is very sad...but I'm feeling much better than I had been. I'm lucky to have so many great friends.

I really am trying to get back onto HHW...but there's so much to do, I'm barely cramming it in as it is. But I DID speak with new DR Jenny the other day and she's very very fun. I'm not the baby anymore!

Laura II says hello...a few days ago, the voice teacher at her work was fired, and Laura was offered the job. This is wonderful news, as she hasn't had any professional training, and The Boss trusts her enough to handle the task. So she is keeping busy, and even I haven't talked to her. You aren't alone :).

Well homework is a-calling, so I'm out for a bit. Good to read posts again :).

And a big WB to RP!
...Walk in the sunshine...

Michael

« Reply #129 on: February 24, 2004, 03:52:02 PM »

My lord how could I have forgotten Twilight Zone, Mission Impossible! I considered St. Elsewhere but put it to the side. The first three or four seasons of Mission Impossible were the best.  Each season of Twilight Zone had extraordinary episodes to chose from. I think I would also like to mention The Judy Garland Show when it was just Judy singing. I am sure there will be more that come to mind.
Never stop dreaming.

Danise

« Reply #130 on: February 24, 2004, 04:10:41 PM »

Sorry to be E & T yesterday and again today but I'm trying to book my trip to see Michael Ball and have been reading up on SLC to try to plan what I want to do and see on the trip.  

I'll catch up with ya'll later!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #131 on: February 24, 2004, 04:19:31 PM »

I've never been able to figure out why reruns are never shown of The Man From U.N.C.L.E.  Not that I cared for Robert Vaughn, but David McCallum was hot, and Leo G. Carrol was a hoot.

Early Mission: Impossible was good.  Later, when they stopped messing around with foreign governments and went more PC (before the term was invented) by going after "the mob," the show got tiresome.

The first five seasons of Buffy, the Vampire Slayer were great.  The last two seasons were tanky.

There was a time I was hooked on Dynasty, but I always had the sense to call it Darn Nasties and never took it seriously.  And much of the Star Trek stuff has been good, but I'm not really hooked in the same way.

I am hooked on Alias, however.

And I am definately hooked on Good Eats.  Yes, a cooking show.  But with episode titles like "The Dough Also Rises," "Citizen Cane," "Fry Hard," "A Grind is a Terrible Thing to Waste," "Power to the Pilaf," "Ill Gotten Grains," and "This Spud’s For You," I think everyone can tell a little why DR Jose and I both like this show.  (Yes, the shows themselves are just as quirky as the titles.)
« Last Edit: February 24, 2004, 04:22:25 PM by S. Woody White »
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

td

• td
« Reply #132 on: February 24, 2004, 04:58:43 PM »

Back to the TOD:

BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER:  "Lovers' Walk" the introduction of Spike & Dru; "Once More with Feeling"  the musical episode.
ANGEL: 100th episode, the return of Charisma Carpenter's sublime Cordelia Chase.

NEWHART: series finale; "No more Japanese food before bed."
MARY TYLER MOORE SHOW: Chuckles' Death.

OZ: the season two episode which introduced Chris Keller (Christopher Meloni).
REMEMBER WENN:  the Christmas show featuring Betty Buckley and song by Rupert Holmes.

Julie Andrews' show with Gene Kelly

I LOVE LUCY: with Harpo Marx
THE LUCY SHOW: with Liz, her diamond and Dick.
THE DICK VAN DYKE SHOW:  Laura gets her toe caught in the faucet; and the Alan Brady toupee episodes.

td

• td
« Reply #133 on: February 24, 2004, 04:59:57 PM »

Are you sure that td is a prince?  I heard he was a que..... never mind!

Oh, TCB! You're a bad, bad man!

Remember the proper way to greet a prince, is to get down on your knees and grovel.   :o

td

• td
« Reply #134 on: February 24, 2004, 05:03:19 PM »

DR td is indeed a "Prince". Just thought I would share that thought with you all.

Thanks for sharing; I'm sure that you're some sort of royalty, too.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #135 on: February 24, 2004, 05:04:11 PM »

Oh, and very interesting lists today.  I am Speedy BK.

On my compilation tape: Walking Distance (Twilight Zone), The Jar and An Unlocked Window (The Alfred Hitchcock Hour), Requiem for a Heavyweight (Playhouse 90), any one of a number of The Sopranos, an I Love Lucy episode, I'd have to choose one Outer Limits episode, one Name of the Game episode, Evening Primrose (ABC Stage 67), a good Topper episode - this is a LONG tape.

td

• td
« Reply #136 on: February 24, 2004, 05:05:30 PM »

I'm so  :D that Miss Swishy - my favorite dance partner - has returned!
When you've got good friends (like those at HHW) they can help you through the toughest times; and me, I'm truly grateful that they're here, and that BK has let us all into his life as well.

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #137 on: February 24, 2004, 05:33:47 PM »

Well, DRs, I've just had a totally emotional and engrossing experience. I have just read - in two sittings - a pre-publication galley of KRITZER TIME.
What to say? This book affected me on many levels. One was the "Oh yes!" factor of recognizing what it's like to be an out-of-step young artist in a world of numbing conformity. What an unexpected thrill to see reflected  in the life of one Benjamin Kritzer so many things that I thought were singular to my bizarre young life. But even if the reader has not one tiny thing in common with Benjamin, this book takes you on a journey into a world of youth. And we've all been there - some of us still are - either in years or mindset. We see the world through young Benjamin's eyes and we laugh cry and wonder at it with him - through him. KRITZER TIME also happens to be one of the best depictions I've ever read of the creative process in a young person, for whom it is a total and delightful surprise rather than a daunting task.
This book of full of music, movies, theater. Yes! Benjamin, movie buff supreme, discovers the theater. Live actors speaking and singing thrilling words. Sitting alone in a darkened theater for the first time, a new world opens up for our hero. And through this lovely book, we are lucky enough to be invited along for the ride.

I cried several times while reading KRITZER TIME and I defy anyone to reach the last page and not be deeply affected, perhaps even a little changed.
So there you have it - comedy, tragedy, music, movies, theater.
What is it, fish? No, it's KRITZER TIME. Do read it.

« Last Edit: February 24, 2004, 07:42:55 PM by Panni »

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #138 on: February 24, 2004, 05:56:53 PM »

I think my OUTER LIMITS episode, Pigeons From Hell, was actually a THRILLER episode and I liked THRILLER better than OUTER LIMITS.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #139 on: February 24, 2004, 06:09:54 PM »

Good evening!

Good class tonight.  We listened to some of the original cast recordings for the duets that we selected for the students, and then we went ahead and gave some of the students a chance to run their songs in front of the class.  Basically an open rehearsal.  And the pairs that went tonight have set a pretty high bar for those who will be going on Thursday.  I was very proud of the work that they did on their own over the past few days.

:D :D :D

DR Jennifer - A Pilates machine is a basically a contraption with a moving platform and springs.  There are a couple of different models out there with various bells and whistles (and price points), but the one I have is the JP Pilates Performer - which I actually bought from QVC.  The original Pilates exercises were based on a platform that had springs - the springs not only provide resistance, but also aid in returning to the starting positions.  -At least that's what I remember from the literature.  I'm sure if you googled Pilates, you come up with pics of some of the original - almost - primitive machines.  In any case, I like my machine, and even setting it up provides some exercise. ;)

Oh, here's a pic:
Make Your Own Luck.

Tomovoz

« Reply #140 on: February 24, 2004, 06:10:11 PM »

TCB: Guess I should have excluded the Saturday Night Fever/Mama Mia/Footloose variety of musical and have stipulated musicals conceived for the stage in the first place.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #141 on: February 24, 2004, 06:10:57 PM »

Individual Episodes (some have already been mentioned):

All In the Family [the episode where Archie and Edith go to Edith's cousin's (I think) funeral and her "roommate" is very distraught.  I remember Archie finally getting it and saying, "You mean Liz (pause) is a lez??"]
I Love Lucy (when Lucy tells Ricky that they're having a baby)
Mary Tyler Moore (Chuckles the Clown Bites The Dust)
Mary Tyler Moore (the final episode)
Newhart (the final episode...this was the best last episode of any show)
Seinfeld (master of their domain episode)
WKRP In Cincinnati  (the flying turkey episode)
The X-Files: "The Post-Modern Prometheus," td, I LOVED this episode, too.

Shows Overall:

The Carol Burnett Show
LA Law
The Muppet Show
Murphy Brown
Northern Exposure
Remember WENN
Soap
Sports Night
Twilight Zone

Alright, some of my TV episodes (as of this moment, of course)...
Northern Exposure for its wackiness... maybe the piano fling.

Jed, I love the Piano Fling episode also!  AND I saw on amazon.com just today(!) that the first season of NORTHERN EXPOSURE is going to be released on May 25th!!
« Last Edit: February 24, 2004, 06:14:41 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

td

• td
« Reply #142 on: February 24, 2004, 06:20:41 PM »

George wrote:
8. The X-Files: "The Post-Modern Prometheus," td, I LOVED this episode, too.

Honestly, George, it was a toss-up between this and HOME; which contains many of the same X FILE devices and themes, but, as much as i love HOME and it's too-too funny BABE moments, it's a very difficult episode to truly want to watch on a regular basis.
The other X FILES which I might have added would be the one with Luke Wilson and the trailer trash vampires.

Now, had the TOD been ten episodes of one television series, I would easily chock up X FILES from seasons one through seven. . .CLYDE BRUCKMAN'S FINAL REPOSE, DUANE BARRY, the ghostly Chirstmas with Ed Asner and Lily Tomlin. . .etc.  Even Cary Elwes couldn't make the last season work for me. :(

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #143 on: February 24, 2004, 06:22:28 PM »

I want to add to my list the last episode (and some of the others) of GARY SHANDLIING.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2004, 06:24:05 PM by Panni »

Danise

« Reply #144 on: February 24, 2004, 06:23:00 PM »

Happy Fat Tuesday, Everyone!

How many had King cake?  We did at work but I didn't get the baby.  Oh well.  I feel like Lady Luck is smiling on me anyway.  

I booked my trip!  I'm going to SLC, Michael Ball or no Michael Ball.  I feel so happy and sick at same time.  
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #145 on: February 24, 2004, 06:28:00 PM »

Oh, and I would also have to add Northern Exposure to my list too!  So many favorite episodes!

"American Idol" - Pretty good tonight.  More after the west coast broadcasts.

Currently watching "Frasier" - Pretty good too.  I think.  LOL!
Make Your Own Luck.

Danise

« Reply #146 on: February 24, 2004, 06:41:19 PM »

Jose--I got to taste the "Just Cheese" snack I think you mentioned.  Man, is it salty!  I love it!  

Have a good evening all!

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Kerry

« Reply #147 on: February 24, 2004, 06:43:15 PM »

I think I came up with my music choices from yesterday--not necessarily a list of my favorite songs but a list that would definitely tell a stranger what kinds of tastes i have in music:

An Occasional Man-- Jeri Southern
Moonglow/Picnic theme-- George Duning
"Is That All There is"- Peggy lee
"The folks Who Live on the Hill"- Peggy Lee
Times Like This- Christianne Noll
Rainbow Connection- Peter Cincotti
Sign of the Times- Petula Clark
Summer Place- Percy Faith
I'm Through With Love- Marilyn Monroe
Pick Yourself Up- Fred Ataire
You Go to My Head or Friendly Star- Judy Garland
Jalousie- Arthur Fiedler and the Boston Pops
Ukulele Lady- Lyn Larsen
I Only Have Eyes For You- Freddy Gardner
"Shakin' the Blues Away" -Doris Day
Evening Star or It Doesn't Matter at All or Terminal- Guy Haines
Wonderful Guy- South Pacific (Mary Martin or Mitzi Gaynor)
Trouble in River City-  Robert Preston
Overture from Gypsy
The Road You Didn't  Take AND Would I Leave You -from Follies.
"Something's Gottta Give and Dream-- Fred Astaire

So the list is longer, but that pretty much caotures certain aspects of me anyway.

I like boat races.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #148 on: February 24, 2004, 06:52:11 PM »

DR Danise - Yes, those cheese snacks are salty, but they are good.  But if you eat them with other foods, the saltiness kind of balances out.  I've been using them as "croutons" for my salads.  YUMMERS!
Make Your Own Luck.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #149 on: February 24, 2004, 07:26:24 PM »

Panni your review of KRITZER TIME is fantastic.   :)

Danise good luck getting tickets to the concert.

Good night all.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up