Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: MILK DUDS  (Read 43269 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re:MILK DUDS
« Reply #180 on: February 15, 2007, 01:26:19 PM »

Good Afternoon!

-Back from dodging the slush puddles in midtown...  Fun, fun, fun!  :-\
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #181 on: February 15, 2007, 01:27:46 PM »

PAGE 7 DISCO DANCE!!!!!!

Do the Hustle!

doo-doo-doo-do-do-do-doo-doo..
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #182 on: February 15, 2007, 01:29:04 PM »

No, DR Jennifer, the first scene in MEDIUM was Allison waking up, laughing a bit, and then assuming she had gone home with this strange man for the evening. We only found out in bits and pieces that she was "Sandra," but there was no dream before she woke up.

And no on the second point you asked about as well. At that moment, it appeared foir a second that she was back to normal, but we didn't see her planning to trick him. The hospital called Joe to say that his wife was asking for him. and we thought she was well until we saw her sneaking away while he was filling out paperwork.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Tomovoz

« Reply #183 on: February 15, 2007, 01:30:14 PM »

Bohemian Rhapsody
Sultans Of Swing
Hard Rock Cafe
Fire & Rain
One Less Bell To Answer
Horse With No Name
Please Come To Boston
The Wreck Of The Edmund Fitzgerald
Let It Be
Teach Your Children
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Matt H.

« Reply #184 on: February 15, 2007, 01:32:44 PM »

Next, I watched CSI: NY. Two interesting cases (a dead girl in a bathtub and a man whose sister claimed was killed during a robbery) with very unusual solutions. During the course of the investigations, Stella was exposed to HIV+ blood and now must wait for HIV tests to confirm if she's positive or not.

Justin Hartley, who played the Green Arrow so well on a lengthy story arc on SMALLVILLE earlier this season, played a nextdoor neighbor here, but it was a small part, and he was basically wasted.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #185 on: February 15, 2007, 01:33:05 PM »

Airlines are weird... And airline pricing is even weirder...

I just looked into flights to Atlanta again for the upcoming SETC auditions.  When I checked out the flights in early January, there were running around $200.  Then when I checked about two weeks ago, they were up to $280-300.  -And that's when I found out that the ACC tournament is that same weekend, so...  And then I just checked again now, and flights are coming up for just under $200 - and I can use my $75-off E-certificate.

Just weird.  I'm glad the airfares came down again, but still...

*Of course, it doesn't really matter how much the flight costs since SETC is reimbursing me for the flight, but I also don't want to take advantage of SETC's offer.
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

« Reply #186 on: February 15, 2007, 01:34:33 PM »

And the KNIGHTS OF PROSPERITY had a fairly mild episode last night that had nothing to do with robbing Mick Jagger but rather trying to save female member Esperanza from the Colombian drug lord who was attracted to her.

Bobby Cannavale did a hilarious Colombian accent playing the criminal mastermind.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #187 on: February 15, 2007, 01:35:35 PM »

For you "Medium" fans, be sure to check out "Oprah" today.  Her guests are John Edwards, and the "real life Medium", Alison Dubois.
Make Your Own Luck.

FJL

« Reply #188 on: February 15, 2007, 01:47:02 PM »

Edicaurus - Got the package.  Very much appreciated!

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #189 on: February 15, 2007, 02:16:55 PM »

Edicaurus - Got the package.  Very much appreciated!

Yay!

And our Masquerade planners were quite moved by your generosity, too!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #190 on: February 15, 2007, 02:17:37 PM »

It made me think...is this weird, or have other DR's chosen a song or two for their funeral? If so, what would they be?

I don't have a song picked out, but a couple of years ago, my sister bought me a burial plot for Christmas!  My whole family (and my niece's father's family) are all going to be buried around each other. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Edisaurus

« Reply #191 on: February 15, 2007, 02:17:43 PM »

I just have to share this...it was made by one of my Turner producers.

It's a tribute to our favorite crazy astronaut!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Ginny

« Reply #192 on: February 15, 2007, 02:20:28 PM »

Left work a little early in order to make the final preparations for my book group.  We're meeting here tonight to discuss Mozart's Women by Jane Glover.  Yesterday I made a batch of Vienna Dream Bars and a German chocolate cake to serve along with the foil-wrapped Mozart-Herz'l candy hearts that I ordered from Vermont Country Store.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

MBarnum

« Reply #193 on: February 15, 2007, 02:22:54 PM »

Got some lovely CDs from DR Tomovoz...one of which I am listening to at this very moment.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #194 on: February 15, 2007, 02:26:31 PM »

Methinks dear reader Jeanne means Stayin' Alive not Being Alive - I've never heard Mr. Sondheim's Being Alive as a disco song, although I'd like to.
There's always the disco Sweeney Todd.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

George

« Reply #195 on: February 15, 2007, 02:28:56 PM »

Edisaurus said:

It made me think...is this weird, or have other DR's chosen a song or two for their funeral? If so, what would they be?

Nope, retentive man that I am, I placed a couple of suggestions in my last wishes document. I did say that whoever arranges may play whatever they want (within reason) but I want two songs played, "Until I Met You (Corner Pocket)" from the Manhattan Transfer Mecca for Moderns album and "What Would I Do?" from Falsettoland. No matter how many times I've heard the song it still makes me cry.

I love both of these songs!  I've thought that if I ever get married (when it's legal...and I have someone to marry ;)), I like "Until I Met You" to be our first dance. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Matt H.

« Reply #196 on: February 15, 2007, 02:30:35 PM »

I got the mother lode in the mail today; all of the DVDs I was waiting for arrived on the same day!

I think I may have time to watch A SHOCK TO THE SYSTEM tonight before the marathon of TV shows starts.

And, DR George, on the cover of the DVD, it says that there are two more of these movies planned for airing in 2007, so we will have two more of these mysteries to look forward to!
« Last Edit: February 15, 2007, 02:31:19 PM by Matt H. »

Matt H.

« Reply #197 on: February 15, 2007, 02:32:04 PM »

Heading down now to get the bedroom areas cleaned before settling in with an entertaining DVD.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #198 on: February 15, 2007, 02:40:10 PM »

I'm a little shocked that none of our bright hainsies/kimlets have answered the query in the notes - who came up with the name Milk Duds and why?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #199 on: February 15, 2007, 02:40:55 PM »

I have delivered pages and shall now try to write for a bit.  I got two Ozu DVDs today, neither of which I've seen, so that's tonight's viewing.

George

« Reply #200 on: February 15, 2007, 02:41:39 PM »

I got the mother lode in the mail today; all of the DVDs I was waiting for arrived on the same day!

I think I may have time to watch A SHOCK TO THE SYSTEM tonight before the marathon of TV shows starts.

And, DR George, on the cover of the DVD, it says that there are two more of these movies planned for airing in 2007, so we will have two more of these mysteries to look forward to!

Yea!!  And yesterday, the series two of "Doctor Who" arrived!  Now I can re-watch the final episode on my 27" TV and not my little 14" computer monitor from YouTube.com. :D

Tomovoz

« Reply #201 on: February 15, 2007, 02:48:24 PM »

Another list:

Ain't No Sunshine - Bill Withers
Black Magic Woman - Santana
The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down - Joan Baez
Song Of Joy - Miguel Rios
Sunday Morning Coming Down - Johnny Cash
Baker Street - Gerry Rafferty
Rhiannon - Fleetwood Mac
Piano Man - Billy Joel
Lyin' Eyes - The Eagles
Hotel California - The Eagles
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Ginny

« Reply #202 on: February 15, 2007, 02:50:20 PM »

DR Ginny, I would greatly appreciate that!

It's the least I can do  :-*
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Tomovoz

« Reply #203 on: February 15, 2007, 02:51:10 PM »

I'm a little shocked that none of our bright hainsies/kimlets have answered the query in the notes - who came up with the name Milk Duds and why?
There are notes?
James Thurber 1957

George

« Reply #204 on: February 15, 2007, 02:59:05 PM »

According to THIS article on wikipedia.org (which got its information from the official Hershey's Milk Duds page):

"1928: Milton J. Holloway took over F. Hoffman & Company of Chicago, the original manufacturer of MILK DUDS chocolate covered caramels."

And...

"According to the manufacturer, the word "Milk" in the name refers to the large amount of milk in the product and the word "Duds" came about because the original aim of having a perfectly round piece was found to be impossible."

:)

« Last Edit: February 15, 2007, 03:00:59 PM by George »

Tomovoz

« Reply #205 on: February 15, 2007, 02:59:52 PM »

I know not of Milk Duds.
James Thurber 1957

Cillaliz

« Reply #206 on: February 15, 2007, 03:00:20 PM »

DR Elmore..I haven't been on HHW since I went to sleep last night....my deepest sympathy...many hugs and Don't forget to take care of yourself!!!

Edisaurus

« Reply #207 on: February 15, 2007, 03:00:24 PM »

In 1928, Milton J. Holloway took over F. Hoffman & Company of Chicago, the original manufacturer of Milk Duds chocolate covered caramels.

The Milk Duds name came about because the original idea was to have a perfectly round piece. Since this was found to be impossible, the word "duds" was used. The word "milk" was used to reflect the large amount of milk in the product.

from the Old Time Candy site

Edisaurus

« Reply #208 on: February 15, 2007, 03:00:57 PM »

LOL George--2 minds with but a single mouse!

George

« Reply #209 on: February 15, 2007, 03:02:08 PM »

LOL George--2 minds with but a single mouse!

;D
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13   Go Up