Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down

Author Topic: THEY CAN'T TAKE THAT AWAY FROM ME  (Read 27846 times)

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
Re:THEY CAN'T TAKE THAT AWAY FROM ME
« Reply #210 on: June 23, 2007, 07:58:25 PM »

Our pride parade is tomorrow, too, but I won't be able to go. I will be heading to the mountains for a belated Father's Day celebration with my Dad and his wife's family. I hope my brother will go but I'm not counting on it.

My DH will be fluffing puppets.
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #211 on: June 23, 2007, 07:59:28 PM »

A few years ago at the parade a group of guys sang "The Internationale". That was quite a thrill for me, since we had just finished out film about the song.
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #212 on: June 23, 2007, 08:02:48 PM »

???
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Edisaurus

« Reply #213 on: June 23, 2007, 08:05:43 PM »

I will hate missing "Cheer Atlanta", our friend Jay's award-winning cheerleading group.
(Jay is on the far left.)

Edisaurus

« Reply #214 on: June 23, 2007, 08:07:07 PM »

This isn't a very well-shot video, but you can get a sense of them in action. They are really great!

http://www.takkle.com/video/1473/

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #215 on: June 23, 2007, 08:08:02 PM »

God, I hope I get it... -Although, I'm not sure I understand it....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBfVmHI--co&mode=related&search=
Make Your Own Luck.

Edisaurus

« Reply #216 on: June 23, 2007, 08:08:44 PM »

Well, he will actually be miking puppets. He is shooting for the next 4 days with a group of puppeteers he works with frequently. They are a lovely group of folks, and make me realize that puppeteers are their own special breed.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #217 on: June 23, 2007, 08:08:45 PM »

Make Your Own Luck.

Edisaurus

« Reply #218 on: June 23, 2007, 08:10:38 PM »

God, I hope I get it... -Although, I'm not sure I understand it....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBfVmHI--co&mode=related&search=

Happy Birthday, Joop!

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #219 on: June 23, 2007, 08:10:51 PM »

It's been a very quiet evening around the homeplace. The phone has not rung a single time, and I was able to settle in with a couple of entertaining movies and the last half of a documentary tonight.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #220 on: June 23, 2007, 08:11:23 PM »

DR Ginny - Welcome to DC!  ;)

-And I <heart> Jaleo.  *There's also a location down in Penn Quarter a couple of blocks from the Convention Center.  -However, I'd suggest heading to Zaytinya, Jose Andres' other "tapas" restaurant - this time focusing on the foods of Greece, Turkey and Lebanon.  DR Jane and I had a wonderful meal there.  It's right across the street from the Martin Luther King, Jr. Branch of the DC Public Library.
Make Your Own Luck.

Edisaurus

« Reply #221 on: June 23, 2007, 08:11:25 PM »

OK, I meant to say that he is miking the puppeteers, not the puppets. That would be silly...

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #222 on: June 23, 2007, 08:12:50 PM »

OH!

And I have to say, it's been quite the beautiful day today weather-wise.  Not too hot, not too humid.  And right now, it's actually almost chilly outside.  We have the doors open to the backyard - great night air.
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

« Reply #223 on: June 23, 2007, 08:14:24 PM »

I began with DAYLIGHT, a guilty pleasure of mine. Yes, it's a second rate version of THE POSEIDON ADVENTURE only with folks trapped in a blocked tunnel and frigid water pouring in with no help in sight. So, they must find a way to safety on their own through old passageways.

Except for a really ridiculous ending, however, there are some good stunts and some genuine tension generated. And Viggo Mortensen is always such a pleasure to look at.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #224 on: June 23, 2007, 08:16:16 PM »

Our pride parade is tomorrow, too, but I won't be able to go. I will be heading to the mountains for a belated Father's Day celebration with my Dad and his wife's family. I hope my brother will go but I'm not counting on it.

Well, actually, he could do that in the parade!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Michael

« Reply #225 on: June 23, 2007, 08:16:30 PM »

Oh, BK, speaking of Brad Oscar (I was, you weren't); my friends, Sharry and Micheal** were at a party in Vegas last week that Brad was having (I believe) for his mother's birthday.  Anyway, at the party was Alet and Andy Taylor.  S & M had met Andy in Boston when he was doing THE PRODUCERS, and they met Alet when they saw WHAT IF?

**  Micheal and Sharry met BK, Jose, and Michael Shayne when they saw WHAT IF?

So nice to be remembered. Say hello for me.
Never stop dreaming.

Matt H.

« Reply #226 on: June 23, 2007, 08:17:26 PM »

Next I watched the HD version of THE MAN WHO LOVED WOMEN recorded off the Universal HD channel. It's a low key Blake Edwards film for the most part, but the largely female cast is very interesting, Julie is really at her loveliest, and Burt Reynolds is really trying to create a character rather than simply trading on his lothario reputation.

Tomorrow, I'll watch the SD-DVD version which has been on my shelf for a couple of years. Well, I'll watch parts of it. I won't sit through the whole thing again so soon.

Matt H.

« Reply #227 on: June 23, 2007, 08:18:54 PM »

I also finished the episode of STUDIO 60 which still had about 12 minutes to go. I had thought the story arc was going to be concluded with this episode, but I was mistaken. The last episode of the series which airs next week will supposedly bring these story arcs to some kind of end.

Matt H.

« Reply #228 on: June 23, 2007, 08:20:23 PM »

I ended my evening watching the last part of a documentary on Joe Louis. For someone who had such a stellar career, his end was such a sad one forced to trade on his fame for pocket change and hounded by the IRS for back taxes.

Matt H.

« Reply #229 on: June 23, 2007, 08:21:42 PM »

I've got NANCY DREW AND THE HIDDEN STAIRCASE cued up in the player to watch tomorrow. I'm going to check out the DVD of THE MAN WHO LOVED WOMEN. I'll probably finish the second (and last) disc in the ACTION set.

I may begin the fifth season of MURDER SHE WROTE tomorrow.

Edisaurus

« Reply #230 on: June 23, 2007, 08:21:56 PM »

Cats CAN be useful. We just got home, and my big love cat was in the hall, his eyes fixed to the ceiling. We looked up and there was a gigantic spider climbing around above us. Normally I just try to take them outside but this was so big and scary that we felt we should dispatch it because it would have crawled into the attic and then I would have been thinking about it every time I went up there.

(Don't hate me, DR Laura!) Love the butterfly!

Edisaurus

« Reply #231 on: June 23, 2007, 08:23:23 PM »

I began with DAYLIGHT, a guilty pleasure of mine. Yes, it's a second rate version of THE POSEIDON ADVENTURE only with folks trapped in a blocked tunnel and frigid water pouring in with no help in sight. So, they must find a way to safety on their own through old passageways.

Except for a really ridiculous ending, however, there are some good stunts and some genuine tension generated. And Viggo Mortensen is always such a pleasure to look at.

A pretty good score, as I remember. It's used a lot in trailers and several trailer music libraries have ripped it off!

Michael

« Reply #232 on: June 23, 2007, 08:23:29 PM »

Actually Daylight's premise was exactly the same as the original concept for the Poseidon Adventure sequel. The survivors are on train that goes through a very long tunnel and they get trapped and need to escape.
Never stop dreaming.

Edisaurus

« Reply #233 on: June 23, 2007, 08:26:11 PM »

I ended my evening watching the last part of a documentary on Joe Louis. For someone who had such a stellar career, his end was such a sad one forced to trade on his fame for pocket change and hounded by the IRS for back taxes.

If you liked that, check out Ken Burns' excellent film: "Unforgiveable Blackness: The Rise and Fall of Jack Johnson", about the controversial boxer. One of Ken's best!

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #234 on: June 23, 2007, 08:26:27 PM »

I'm not much for spiders. Or snakes.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #235 on: June 23, 2007, 08:34:51 PM »

Just back from a day trip up to Williamstown, MA with FJL's Skip and a couple of their pals. The occasion was of course to see Skip's HERRINGBONE, which was as weird and wonderful as I hoped it would be. BD Wong gave a performance of such commitment and for such a difficult bunch of characters. You cannot imagine the sustained energy in this one-man show. Skip's songs were a blast, and the staging had moments of real genius.

When the show was done, solid applause that was not subsiding until BD hushed everyone so he could point out Skip and gave a really nice shout-out to him in the audience. That was cool.

I also got to meet Roger Rees, Richard Kind, and the house manager, who happened to be  a girl I directed in WHERE'S CHARLEY a couple years back. The weather was beautiful, I drove a rental vehicle and it all went so nicely I can't believe I'm home already.

Really a great day all the way around.

Matt H.

« Reply #236 on: June 23, 2007, 08:35:40 PM »

If you liked that, check out Ken Burns' excellent film: "Unforgiveable Blackness: The Rise and Fall of Jack Johnson", about the controversial boxer. One of Ken's best!

I have seen it and loved it. Jack Johnson is one of the most interesting athletes of the 20th Century.

Matt H.

« Reply #237 on: June 23, 2007, 08:36:52 PM »

I've got to be up early tomorrow morning to mow the front yard, so I'm heading down now for some light reading and then bed.

Good night!

MBarnum

« Reply #238 on: June 23, 2007, 08:46:07 PM »

OK, I meant to say that he is miking the puppeteers, not the puppets. That would be silly...

And since I had thought you said "milking"....well, I thought maybe I had missed some previous conversation.

FJL

« Reply #239 on: June 23, 2007, 08:50:40 PM »

Just had a lovely late meal with Skip, DR Rodzinski and Dear friend Julie and heard that the day at Williamstown went great.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up