Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14   Go Down

Author Topic: THE DO THAT DID  (Read 34441 times)

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
Re:THE DO THAT DID
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2007, 06:33:23 AM »

Yesterday, DR Jose said:

OH!!

Before I forget again...

DRs Dan (the Man) and singdaw - I double-checked with my roommate about the plug-in for your browser so that you could post from your PDAs.  Well, he took a look at HHW.com and determined that due to the way it's been programmed/coded, there is, unfortunately, no way to post from a PDA browser for this site.  Ah, well..  *But he did say he could possibly re-program the site if it was so desired.  

As I mentioned last week, I can now read and post through a browser card I purchased for my Nintendo DS.  I will try to take a picture of what HainesHisWay.com looks like on it tonight when I get home.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2007, 06:37:04 AM »

Page Two Dance:

And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

FJL

« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2007, 06:53:14 AM »

JRand - Maybe someone's trying to send you a free hot dinner???

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2007, 07:01:05 AM »

JRand - Maybe someone's trying to send you a free hot dinner???

OMG....I bet you're right!!!

.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #34 on: June 11, 2007, 07:01:17 AM »

I saw DR TD around here last night!!!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

FJL

« Reply #35 on: June 11, 2007, 07:02:16 AM »

It is odd in retrospect that a general feeling is that LEGALLY BLONDEe didn't live up to its promise.  (Not picking on YOUR words, DtM, because that feeling about it seems to be going around.)  As of six months ago, before it started out of town, the word around town (and the chat rooms) on Legally Blonde was that it could be a totally embarrassing disaster, an absolute mess.  (So compared to THAT, it turned out remarkably well.)  But then the out of town word had been so strong that the show rode in on miles-high expectations, and it's compared to that that the show didn't live up to its promise, I think mainly because the music itself is, to say the leats, not up to what one would expect from Larry O'Keffe and Nell Benjamin.  I can't remember a Broadway musical in my years of following this field that so defied original horrendous expectations.  Unless of course XANADU ends up being a critic's darling, in which case we'll have two in one year.  

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #36 on: June 11, 2007, 07:11:16 AM »

Best Dress

Rebecca Luker (in BK's not favorite number)

We forgave the hair

Don't Ask

Best looking beard

der Brucer

Well, I have several problems here: Rebecca Luker's not in the photo, and since Neil Patrick Harris has come out I don't believe he has any reason for a beard, Or are you referring to her?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #37 on: June 11, 2007, 07:17:33 AM »

Monday morning greetings!  DH Richard has an early physical therapy appointment and DS Rob just left for work and I'm home.  That doesn't happen very often.

Here is an article from yesterday's Cincinnati Enquirer about the music teacher of whom DR Elmore speaks so fondly

Helen Weinberger

DR Elmore - would you like me to send you the paper copy?

Thanks, DR Ginny, but no! There's enough paper in this place. When I was called about this, I thought they were going to ask severalstudents to reminisce about her.  Where are they?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #38 on: June 11, 2007, 07:18:33 AM »

Does anyone know if Duncan Sheik plays in the orchestra for his show every performance?  Is there a precendent for that?

I understand Galt McDermott played occasionally in TWO GENTLEMEN OF VERONA and HAIR.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #39 on: June 11, 2007, 07:29:44 AM »

Good morning, all! Keep those vibes coming! This may be our last chance at that lease.  Of course, the problem is that the Foundation may not want this lease and we don't know that here, but I  cannot figure why it would be in the works for three weeks if the California office wanted to kill it.

Today, a bit more transcription and writing on the good ol' desktop, and perhaps a listen to Offenbach: I've become all caught up in these reconstructions of Les Contes d'Hoffmann by Michael Kaye and Fritz Oeser as opposed to the traditional (since 1906, around 20 years after Offenbach's death) Choudens edition.  

Oeser's edition of Carmen is a bit deranged but a lot of opera companies now use it, and I'm sure his Hoffmann is not so scholarly nor researched as Kaye's since the discovery of over 1000 pages of score and sketches from the work's early construction

TOD:
   GWTW
   Oh, What A Lovely War!
   Chinatown

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #40 on: June 11, 2007, 07:32:44 AM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]* * * * *  LEASE SIGNAGE VIBES FOR DR ELMORE  * * * * *[/move]
-- Anaïs Nin

singdaw

« Reply #41 on: June 11, 2007, 07:41:03 AM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]***continued lease vibes***[/color][/size][/move]
for DR elmore3003!!!

singdaw

« Reply #42 on: June 11, 2007, 07:42:18 AM »

[move=right,scroll,6,transparent,100%]***continued back recovery vibes***[/color][/size][/move]
for DR TCB!!!

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #43 on: June 11, 2007, 07:43:16 AM »

Will we never get to page two?

Certainly we will.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

singdaw

« Reply #44 on: June 11, 2007, 07:43:42 AM »

TOD:
BEING THERE

Forgot about that one!    :)

Matt H.

« Reply #45 on: June 11, 2007, 07:47:46 AM »

Good morning!

We had rain this morning for a few minutes, but since then, it has cleared somewhat, and we're in for a warm day again.

Matt H.

« Reply #46 on: June 11, 2007, 07:52:10 AM »

I enjoyed the Tony Awards last night. The clips from CURTAINS and GREY GARDENS would make me want to check those shows out immediately. (A CHORUS LINE, too, but I'm already very familiar with it.)

I can't say I was disappointed in any of the acting wins. Everyone seemed to be deserving. I had a feeling David Hyde Pierce might upset, especially since many were flustered that he was snubbed of a SPAMALOT nomination when all of the other principals were included that year.

I was happiest for Mary Louise Wilson. Someone told me she was very upset when she didn't win for CABARET, and I was glad to see her get it this year.

Matt H.

« Reply #47 on: June 11, 2007, 07:53:35 AM »

Memorable endings (other than many eady mentioned):

A STAR IS BORN (1954)

THE BIRDS

ALL ABOUT EVE

SUNSET BLVD.

singdaw

« Reply #48 on: June 11, 2007, 07:54:54 AM »

It's official...

Warner Home Video is releasing the Mickey Rooney/Judy Garland DVD box on 25-Sep.  5 Discs:  Babes in Arms, Babes on Broadway, Strike Up the Bank, Girl Crazy, and a bonus disc with 3 hours of extras.

Yea!    :)

Matt H.

« Reply #49 on: June 11, 2007, 07:55:25 AM »

I didn't remember anyone raving about LEGALLY BLONDE's little clips last night. I would want to see the show simply because I enjoyed the movie and would be curious to see if it was musicalized as well as HAIRSPRAY had been.

singdaw

« Reply #50 on: June 11, 2007, 07:56:05 AM »

Titles will not be available individually.  Around $50.

Matt H.

« Reply #51 on: June 11, 2007, 07:56:08 AM »

It's official...

Warner Home Video is releasing the Mickey Rooney/Judy Garland DVD box on 25-Sep.  5 Discs:  Babes in Arms, Babes on Broadway, Strike Up the Bank, Girl Crazy, and a bonus disc with 3 hours of extras.

Yea!    :)

Great news, and thanks for posting it! I knew it was coming but I had no idea when.

Matt H.

« Reply #52 on: June 11, 2007, 07:56:55 AM »

Nice to see DR td pop in for a bit last night. Come back, Shane, er . . . . td!!

Matt H.

« Reply #53 on: June 11, 2007, 07:58:12 AM »

I was going to comment about that "beard" comment connected with Neil Patrick Harris. He has no need for them and am not sure he ever used them earlier in his career.

Matt H.

« Reply #54 on: June 11, 2007, 07:59:17 AM »

The Tonys do seem less fun when there is a sweep. I prefer to see the spoils spread around.

MusicGuy

• ...at an audition to accompany Guy Haines...
« Reply #55 on: June 11, 2007, 08:00:25 AM »

Well I just wanted to post a large and happy GOOD MORNING to all the studlies and lovelies today.  And a big kiss and a hickey to dear Esteemed and partayed BK --

I haven't been able to partay or participate in much of anything this weekend, as I've been really having to keep myself working at papers and appointments all weekend, and all day and evening yesterday.

I set my DVR for the Tony's, and I'll have a chance to watch them later on in the week.  But the next 2 days are still very full, morning through evening, hosting a musician friend of mine and helping him with some work he is doing here.

"Energy" and "good outcome" vibes are very welcomed and appreciated for this entire week.  I have learned the wonderful power of "HHW collective group consiousness."  And I invite all good thoughts.

And now, off to work some more.........

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #56 on: June 11, 2007, 08:07:56 AM »

Well I just wanted to post a large and happy GOOD MORNING to all the studlies and lovelies today.  And a big kiss and a hickey to dear Esteemed and partayed BK --

I haven't been able to partay or participate in much of anything this weekend, as I've been really having to keep myself working at papers and appointments all weekend, and all day and evening yesterday.

I set my DVR for the Tony's, and I'll have a chance to watch them later on in the week.  But the next 2 days are still very full, morning through evening, hosting a musician friend of mine and helping him with some work he is doing here.

"Energy" and "good outcome" vibes are very welcomed and appreciated for this entire week.  I have learned the wonderful power of "HHW collective group consiousness."  And I invite all good thoughts.

And now, off to work some more.........

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Vibes to DR MusicGuy! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[/move]
[move=right,scroll,6,transparent,100%]
                                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Healing Back Vibes for DR TCB! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[/move]

Ginny

« Reply #57 on: June 11, 2007, 08:09:24 AM »

Thanks, DR Ginny, but no! There's enough paper in this place....

I hear ya, DR Elmore!  We'll pass the article along to Richard's mother  then.

Lease resolution vibes!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

singdaw

« Reply #58 on: June 11, 2007, 08:10:20 AM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]***energy & good outcome vibes***[/color][/size][/move]
for DR MusicGuy this week!!!

Matt H.

« Reply #59 on: June 11, 2007, 08:15:48 AM »

Originally, in the Mickey and Judy boxed set, Warners had planned to put their first co-starring vehicle with it: THOROUGHBREDS DON'T CRY. Looks like they're rethinking that and will box it with her remaining "B features" and LITTLE NELLIE KELLY.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14   Go Up