Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Down

Author Topic: PERFECTLY COIFFED  (Read 42639 times)

Jay

• This is the face of a voracious aficionado
Re:PERFECTLY COIFFED
« Reply #240 on: December 23, 2004, 05:38:09 PM »

Cute angels, Ginny!

You want cute angels?  I'll give you cute angels:
« Last Edit: December 23, 2004, 05:41:35 PM by Jay »
You cannot change the past but you certainly can shape the future.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #241 on: December 23, 2004, 05:40:34 PM »

This is my angel collection:

Hmmm, maybe I should start collecting!
[/color]
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #242 on: December 23, 2004, 05:43:03 PM »

If a guy looks like that, I am sure he must have a very little........................................... .......

brain
.[/size]
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Ginny

« Reply #243 on: December 23, 2004, 06:03:24 PM »

DRGinny, how can I have known you for 28 years and not known about the angel mania?

The angel thing is a fairly recent development.  Although I've had some of them a long time (the right-hand one in the center section of the shadowbox - holding a candle - was on my 4th birthday cake), the collection didn't really start growing until several years ago.  I happened to mention that I'd like "a few more angels" to put around our Advent candles just as the pop culture angel craze began.  You can't see it in the photo, but the hymnal is open to "Angels from the Realms of Glory."
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #244 on: December 23, 2004, 06:12:06 PM »

You want cute angels?  I'll give you cute angels:

Cute and hot are not synonymous!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #245 on: December 23, 2004, 06:20:04 PM »

Elmore: I have that Windflowers Album.  Windflowers is one of my favourite songs...especially Judy Kaye's wonderful rendition.

It's amazing how Moross' basically simple melody (it's the shifting harmonies that give it the emotional tug, I think) set such evocative lines by LaTouche into motion.  Much as I love THE ODYSSEY, Homer doesn't do much to define Penelope's loneliness the way this song does.  THE GOLDEN APPLE is such an amazing piece that I wish there were a fantastic complete recording.  
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jay

• This is the face of a voracious aficionado
« Reply #246 on: December 23, 2004, 06:21:59 PM »

Cute and hot are not synonymous!

Tell ya what.  You quibble semantics while I deal with the angel, OK?
You cannot change the past but you certainly can shape the future.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #247 on: December 23, 2004, 06:23:18 PM »

Theatre of Death or Blood or whatever it's called is fun.  

I got two more box sets of Edgar Wallace films today.  I have already begun viewing.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #248 on: December 23, 2004, 06:24:34 PM »

Hmmmm....DRCP - I remember seeing THEATRE OF DEATH on television, so I am sure some of it was edited .... but it was fun to see a movie about an avant garde theatre group.  Some murders and I think we lose Lee about half way through the movie, but it's okay.  Pretty easy to figure out, but it looks good.

I used to get it confused with that Vincent Price movie about the actor who was killing all the critics....this one isn't as good, but it is fun.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #249 on: December 23, 2004, 06:25:22 PM »

Tell ya what.  You quibble semantics while I deal with the angel, OK?

Are you calling me antisemantic?

Ginny

« Reply #250 on: December 23, 2004, 06:26:16 PM »

Cute angels, Ginny!

DR Danise - Thank you and thanks, too, for the sparkly angel gif.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #251 on: December 23, 2004, 06:26:45 PM »

Yea THEATRE OF BLOOD was the Price movie.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #252 on: December 23, 2004, 06:27:06 PM »

You do know, DRJay, there's a cut song from WHERE'S CHARLEY? called "Don't Introduce Me To That Angel"?

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #253 on: December 23, 2004, 06:28:04 PM »

Are you calling me antisemantic?
I'm sure he was only yidding.

Speaking of which, I must hie myself (no mean feat) to the swanky Jewish retirement home and play piano whilst they nosh at some kind of soiree.  A friend of mine with a sense of humor similar to mine once played a retirement home and said after her last number, "There wasn't a dry seat in the house."

;D
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #254 on: December 23, 2004, 06:28:40 PM »

DRDanise, thanks for the how-to-do-it info.  You should know that I'm a computer moron, so this oaf will wait for your next triumphant New York appearance.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #255 on: December 23, 2004, 06:29:27 PM »

I'm sure he was only yidding.

Speaking of which, I must hie myself (no mean feat) to the swanky Jewish retirement home and play piano whilst they nosh at some kind of soiree.  A friend of mine with a sense of humor similar to mine once played a retirement home and said after her last number, "There wasn't a dry seat in the house."

;D

DRJMK, Oy! ;D

Ginny

« Reply #256 on: December 23, 2004, 06:35:01 PM »

DR Ginny, you and Richard should drive to Indianapolis and meet DR Jose when he attacks the midwest.  DR JRand54 could come, perhaps DR Joey, and there could be a Midwest Hainsies/Kimmlet partay! ::)

This very thought crossed my mind the other day when Jose asked about Clowes Hall.  My grandmother used to talk about going to see shows there.  In fact, during the discussion of how to pronounce Clowes, it was Grandma's voice I could hear saying it.  Even though I've never lived a day of my life in Indianapolis, I feel very at home there - my mother grew up there, my parents were married there, and my sister was born there.  Grandma lived there until after I'd moved to Ohio in the early '70s.  So, the "Mamma Mia" is very much on my radar for spring (maybe we'll be shoveled out by then!).  DR Jose, please keep us posted on the particulars.

Tomovoz

« Reply #257 on: December 23, 2004, 06:49:53 PM »

Wrong day but a question for DRs. I just noticed that there was another film of "The Turn Of The Screw" made in 2000 and now available on DVD. I have  remember "The Innocents"  with Deborah Kerr as being most unsettling and chilling. I don't know anything about this version. Any thoughts and opinions would be appreciated.  If anyone says it is as good as "The Others" I shall most certainly avoid it.!!
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #258 on: December 23, 2004, 07:02:08 PM »

Wrong day but a question for DRs. I just noticed that there was another film of "The Turn Of The Screw" made in 2000 and now available on DVD. I have  remember "The Innocents"  with Deborah Kerr as being most unsettling and chilling. I don't know anything about this version. Any thoughts and opinions would be appreciated.  If anyone says it is as good as "The Others" I shall most certainly avoid it.!!

DRTomovoz, this is the one with Colin Firth as the Uncle?  I believe I saw this on "Masterpiece Theatre."  It was okay, but nothing is as good as "The Innocents."  That's a hard act to follow.

Michael

« Reply #259 on: December 23, 2004, 07:04:53 PM »

Theater of Blood is a fun film. The murders are done in the great tradition of Shakespeare with a great cast of British Actors. Side note: Vincent Price meet Coral Browne on the set and they eventually got married after he killed her.
Never stop dreaming.

Joey

• Always and forever.
    • My Website
« Reply #260 on: December 23, 2004, 07:06:29 PM »

This very thought crossed my mind the other day when Jose asked about Clowes Hall.  My grandmother used to talk about going to see shows there.  In fact, during the discussion of how to pronounce Clowes, it was Grandma's voice I could hear saying it.

I used to be in the Indianapolis Children's Choir and The Indianapolis Youth Chorale so I have performed in Clowes several times. I always got irritated when people pronounced it "Close" Hall. I am a stickler though. They actually have built a new building in what used to be the courtyard of Lilly Hall which is right next to Clowes, but I am rambling!
There is no music without silence, only noise...

Joey

• Always and forever.
    • My Website
« Reply #261 on: December 23, 2004, 07:06:57 PM »

Well it's probably several years old now but it went in after I was no longer in the choir.
There is no music without silence, only noise...

Michael

« Reply #262 on: December 23, 2004, 07:07:12 PM »

The future Mr. and Mrs. Vincent Price in a scene from the film

Never stop dreaming.

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #263 on: December 23, 2004, 07:13:22 PM »

and they eventually got married after he killed her.

Usually happens the other way around.

Haven't seen THEATER OF DEATH in years, but it's great fun.

Tomovoz

« Reply #264 on: December 23, 2004, 07:19:05 PM »

Thank you Larry.  Decision now made. I won't bother going further.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #265 on: December 23, 2004, 07:31:37 PM »

Anyone who has seen Panni in person knows what a "ton" means - about six crackers.  One doesn't remain skin and bones if one eats "tons".  I should know.

How do you think I stay so thin?  The more I live on junk alone, the less I weigh. ;D

Jane

« Reply #266 on: December 23, 2004, 07:32:00 PM »

JMK, belated congratulations.  Welcome to the heavens.

Ginny and Joey I enjoyed the pictures of the snow.  We had flurries this morning and I’m pleased to say that was it.  I just hope the fog lifts so Bryan’s plane can land.

JMK I appreciate your advice very much.  We will not have surgery.  Three problem sites showed up.  The doctor could not even find her right kidney under a very large cysts.  Our dilemma is should we do biopsies and find out exactly what kind of cancer it is and then decide if we will try treating it with drugs, or should we simply give her mega doses of prednisone until it doesn’t work anymore.  The doctor is treating is own dog with meds for bone cancer and says she is handling it well.  Always Echo’s quality of life comes first, it is sometimes difficult to know which way to go to give her that.  Our vet has already said she will come to the house.

Thank you elmore, Matt H, George, Danise and Ginny I think I answered your question before reading it.

Jose thank you.  Craig rented a car in L.A. and drove to Sacramento to spend the night with his very good friend.  He will be here tomorrow.  Bryan is flying in after work tomorrow.

Panni, very civilized and thoughtful.

Ginny, nice angel collection.

DRLaura thank you, and I remember.  I was thinking about that.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #267 on: December 23, 2004, 07:32:38 PM »

Thin is one thing - Panni is another.

Dear reader Sandra, I'm afraid I need some more sordid candies.  

Jane

« Reply #268 on: December 23, 2004, 07:39:32 PM »

II just got an email from Jane saying she cannot connect to the site right now and I'm to tell all of you DRs hello.  The message was vague, but definitely hello.

Oh, DRPanni, she did say you should box those two remaining bars and send them overnight to NYC.

LOL I thought you were going to tell Panni to send them to Ashland.

Thanks for delivering my message.  I was tired and rushing when I sent the "vague" email.  ;D

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #269 on: December 23, 2004, 07:41:36 PM »

I am so perfectly coiffed I can't even believe it.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Up