Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14   Go Down

Author Topic: THE DAY OFF  (Read 32648 times)

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
Re:THE DAY OFF
« Reply #330 on: July 23, 2007, 08:34:11 PM »

well I am falling asleep here at the keyboard so

VIBES to all what needs 'em

Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

Ginny

« Reply #331 on: July 23, 2007, 08:35:35 PM »

Loved the cartoon, btw, just in case you didn't see my post the day I mentioned it

Thought you'd like it.  You probably received it and posted about it during the time Richard and I were Washington, DC.  I suspect I missed a lot of posts then.  Just glad to know it arrived and that I have correct email and snail mail addresses for you.  Good luck with the lodging sites!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Cillaliz

« Reply #332 on: July 23, 2007, 08:37:43 PM »

Thought you'd like it.  You probably received it and posted about it during the time Richard and I were Washington, DC.  I suspect I missed a lot of posts then.  Just glad to know it arrived and that I have correct email and snail mail addresses for you.  Good luck with the lodging sites!

I really need to decide if I'm going to try to go. I really want to, but even with the lodging from the sites it's going to be an expensive trip. If I could be sure business would stay as busy as it is now, there would be no question, but it's only been 2 weeks, so who knows what will happen.

Ginny

« Reply #333 on: July 23, 2007, 08:39:04 PM »

Well, I'm up 'way past my bedtime for a week night, but it's OK because I don't have to be at work until noon tomorrow.  I'm teaching the July edition of grantseeking basics in the evening.

But I'm getting very sleepy...
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #334 on: July 23, 2007, 08:39:23 PM »

So, guess where I was at Midnight on Saturday, July 21, 2007

I hope you enjoy the book BEn!

I am on the waiting list at the library to read it. I am #7. I am patient and actually that works out better for me by the middle of fall semester the dust would have settled a bit and I can do justice in reading it.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #335 on: July 23, 2007, 08:40:19 PM »

Fundraiser vibes for bk~~~~~~~~~

The Brain Vibes~~~~~~~~
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #336 on: July 23, 2007, 08:40:44 PM »

Lease vibes for DR Elmore!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #337 on: July 23, 2007, 08:41:13 PM »

Good evening everyone!

Catching up on notes!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #338 on: July 23, 2007, 08:42:27 PM »

Had some chicken soup for dinner.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #339 on: July 23, 2007, 08:42:39 PM »

Am watching Zodiac right now.

Ginny

« Reply #340 on: July 23, 2007, 08:43:27 PM »

This morning I was #96 on the waiting list for the Harry Potter audiobook from my library; tonight I'm #64.  Still hope that I'll have it for the drive to WI on Sunday, but Richard's about to finish reading it so he may not want to listen right away.

Ginny

« Reply #341 on: July 23, 2007, 08:44:15 PM »

'night!

Jason

« Reply #342 on: July 23, 2007, 08:45:18 PM »

Evening, all...

I'm just about to head down and finish up my laundry before packing and heading to bed. I have a 9:45 flight tomorrow morning, which should put me in NYC around 1:10. Keep your collective fingers and toes crossed!

We had a loverly time at the zoo and in the pool today, and yes...Chick-Fil-A was consumed and enjoyed. Huzzah! Mom took me and my brother and his lovely girlfriend out for a wonderful steak dinner, as well, as a kind of late 30th birthday dinner for me and an early 24th birthday dinner for him. Quite wonderful! Unfortunately, my dad had to fly out this morning for Omaha for business, so he was not able to join us in the festivities.

Several pictures have been taken over the last few days - mostly of the twins. I will post them when I'm able.

And now, I'm off...
« Last Edit: July 23, 2007, 08:46:24 PM by Jason »

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #343 on: July 23, 2007, 08:46:31 PM »

Didja know that all Chick-Fil-A's are closed on Sundays so that the employees can go to church?

Hobby Lobby is like that also. They are not open on Sundays and close at 8 pm on weeknights.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #344 on: July 23, 2007, 08:49:07 PM »

Per earlier comments...

We do not have Chik Fil A in north Dakota...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #345 on: July 23, 2007, 08:50:44 PM »

Hooray for Cindy Williams!

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #346 on: July 23, 2007, 08:50:56 PM »

I watched another SUPERMAN serial episode. Jimmy and Lois were saved from carbon monoide poisoning but Jimmy got guided to a bombing field and was at the mercy of planes dropping bombs.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

FJL

« Reply #347 on: July 23, 2007, 08:51:23 PM »

vixmom - It's amazing.  I'm actually one of the happiest people I know, but when people say smile for the camera, I just can't do it.  :)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #348 on: July 23, 2007, 08:53:59 PM »

Naps are never wasted time....

What makes a home 1984?

I guess I should just look around a bit....oh....okay.

I was wondering the same thing...

FJL

« Reply #349 on: July 23, 2007, 08:54:29 PM »

Inability to smile on cue is one reason I could never be an actor.

Inability to act is another  reason.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #350 on: July 23, 2007, 08:56:32 PM »

Re:  botulism.  One my favorite Far Sides was a bunch of dead people sprawled around a big table with the subtitle  Babette's Feast, The Sequel:  Babette's Botulism (I think it was a Far Side, anyway).

Re:  Drew Carey.  I never watched, either, but I did by complete accident catch a couple of his different April Fool's episodes when they ran in syndication.  They were hysterical, and they had little "sticky notes" pointing out everything that was wrong.

Re:  Cindy Williams and Drowsy.   Maybe I imagined it, but didn't Drowsy post a closing notice for August?  Did I make that up?  I could have sworn someone posted something to that effect either here or on Preeo's listserve.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #351 on: July 23, 2007, 08:57:08 PM »

Inability to smile on cue is one reason I could never be an actor.

Inability to act is another  reason.

What's that line from "Singin' In the Rain"...

Triple Threat: Can't Act, Can't Sing, Can't Dance.

;D
Make Your Own Luck.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #352 on: July 23, 2007, 09:01:01 PM »

Outside performances...

I have noat seen many for summer is rather short and outside theatre is rather scarce.

I do like the Melodrama they put on at Medora in the North Dakota Badlands....  The Melodrama was done near dusk and it is an amazing site as the sun sets and it plays on the rocks and different colors dance as darkness descends.

A number of years ago they did Sound of Music at Frostfire up near Walhalla, ND. BEautiful scenery and rolling hills and gorges in the Pembina River country.

FJL

« Reply #353 on: July 23, 2007, 09:02:33 PM »

And that line from GYPSY:

"You'll pardon me, But to have no talent Is not enough."

BTW, Jose and Jason, are you seeing GYPSY Wed. night?

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #354 on: July 23, 2007, 09:02:45 PM »

Re:  Drew Carey.  I never watched, either, but I did by complete accident catch a couple of his different April Fool's episodes when they ran in syndication.  They were hysterical, and they had little "sticky notes" pointing out everything that was wrong.

I would take Drew any day over Rosie!

Cillaliz

« Reply #355 on: July 23, 2007, 09:02:51 PM »

Man and squirrel form a tight bond http://www.siouxcityjournal.com/articles/2007/07/23/news/top/f3bd9aa7ee97d1c386257321000dab33.txt

This story includes the following quote

Pound for pound, he noted, the proportion of genitalia to animal is huge in squirrels. "And so once they show you who they are, you can't miss it. So I think that there's been one bona fide female. The others have been males."

« Last Edit: July 23, 2007, 09:05:11 PM by Cillaliz »

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #356 on: July 23, 2007, 09:02:52 PM »

I watched another MOONLIGHTING episode. In this one, K Callen's magician husband was killed doing a stunt, and she hired David and Maddie to protect her husband for coming after her from the grave. Pretty good mystery.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #357 on: July 23, 2007, 09:03:55 PM »

Ugh!

Another food recall.  Time to check your canned beef products.  :-\

YIkes!!

Whats next?

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #358 on: July 23, 2007, 09:04:27 PM »

I watched another MOONLIGHTING episode. In this one, K Callen's magician husband was killed doing a stunt, and she hired David and Maddie to protect her husband for coming after her from the grave. Pretty good mystery.

One of my favorite episodes....

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #359 on: July 23, 2007, 09:06:38 PM »

Danise nice to see you again..

I hope all goes well with the employment crunch and many vibes!
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14   Go Up