Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down

Author Topic: BREATHLESS  (Read 25751 times)

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
Re:BREATHLESS
« Reply #210 on: October 27, 2007, 09:07:49 PM »

Will we never get to page eight?

Not without first working through page 7.

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #211 on: October 27, 2007, 09:08:55 PM »

We are on page 8 now!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #212 on: October 27, 2007, 09:14:22 PM »

After dinner, I headed up to Columbus Circle to check things out in Williams-Sonoma.  I needed a new vegetable brush.  And while looking through their bins of gadgets, I came across something that was just too "silly" not to buy...

I don't need that gadget. I don't know if anyone has what we have in Florida but we have a product that has a squeeze bottle that dispenses the Strawberry Jam(Smuckers) . So you spread the Peanut Butter and Squeeze the Jam.So simple and so nice and efficient.

The Cuisipro© Peanut Butter and Jelly Spreader-And since our current subletter is an admitted PB&J Sandwich fanatic, well... :)

DERBRUCER

« Reply #213 on: October 27, 2007, 09:14:58 PM »

We are on page 8 now!

And bk didn't stay around to cheer - such a wuss!

der Brucer

DERBRUCER

« Reply #214 on: October 27, 2007, 09:19:00 PM »

« Last Edit: October 27, 2007, 09:20:17 PM by DERBRUCER »

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #215 on: October 27, 2007, 09:24:26 PM »

My problem is mixing caviar in the sour cream - and this speader is probably too broad for the caviar jar :(

der Brucer

Umm.. You mean you don't buy the 1000g tins from Petrossian?  Come on! They only run about $7500.  And they ship overnight via FedEx.

;D
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #216 on: October 27, 2007, 09:25:11 PM »

I do hope Dakota Celt has been getting the word out about our fundraiser for all Matt and Kevin's fans.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #217 on: October 27, 2007, 09:26:28 PM »

Although, sometimes it is worth splurging on their Imperial Special Reserve Persicus.  That 1000g container is just a mere $13960.00.

Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #218 on: October 27, 2007, 09:27:11 PM »

I went out and did my first "real" grocery shopping in ten months.  I threw out all the old stuff and rotten stuff and bought various and sundried soups, and tuna, and pasta and some juices and some drinks and some cheese and some vegetable oil and some energy bars and that sort of thing.  It's funny to open the refrigerator and actually see something other than Diet Coke.  Also bought Halloween candy for Wednesday.

td

• td
« Reply #219 on: October 27, 2007, 09:32:52 PM »

I finally saw the last installment in the HARRY POTTER film series, and they just keep getting better and better.

Also, those DRs who were inclined to hear the Raquel Welch/James Ivory WILD PARTY anecdotes, you may find them - including Mr. Ivory's apology - on the second disc of the dvd of HOWARDS END, it's in the documentary detailing 30 years of Merchant & Ivory films.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #220 on: October 27, 2007, 09:36:20 PM »

Do you mean this:

der Brucer

Yes,Der Brucer-That's the product!

DERBRUCER

« Reply #221 on: October 27, 2007, 09:55:00 PM »

Although, sometimes it is worth splurging on their Imperial Special Reserve Persicus.  That 1000g container is just a mere $13960.00.

Dear Santa,

der Brucer

And this might impress the guests:

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #222 on: October 27, 2007, 09:58:16 PM »

I finally saw the last installment in the HARRY POTTER film series, and they just keep getting better and better.

Also, those DRs who were inclined to hear the Raquel Welch/James Ivory WILD PARTY anecdotes, you may find them - including Mr. Ivory's apology - on the second disc of the dvd of HOWARDS END, it's in the documentary detailing 30 years of Merchant & Ivory films.

Ah, so that's what he was talking about. Thanks, td!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #223 on: October 27, 2007, 10:00:11 PM »

The printer works! I was able to get it to work with a cable, but I had to call in the reinforcements, i.e. my in-house wireless expert, to be able to print wirelessly. Now I can put the printer in the closet or someplace out of the way.

I feel so empowered!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

François

« Reply #224 on: October 27, 2007, 10:02:16 PM »

Now I can put the printer in the closet

Is it a gay printer?! ;)

DERBRUCER

« Reply #225 on: October 27, 2007, 10:09:03 PM »

Umm.. You mean you don't buy the 1000g tins from Petrossian?  Come on! They only run about $7500.  And they ship overnight via FedEx.

;D

Add this for dessert?

Moelleux au Chocolat
this ultra moist little cake with the soft "sunken" center is served warm, its velvety molten choclate flowing seductively onto the plate with your first taste. Created just for us by a distinguished French baker using the finest bitterseet Belgian Chocolate. To experience the cake's divine tast and texture, simply bake for 6-7 minutes

der Brucer
« Last Edit: October 27, 2007, 10:09:28 PM by DERBRUCER »

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #226 on: October 27, 2007, 10:11:33 PM »

Umm.. Molten Chocolate Cakes are sooo early 2000's... <puff-puff>

Cheese plates are back in.  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

td

• td
« Reply #227 on: October 27, 2007, 10:18:31 PM »

Even though it's not ask bk day, I was wondering if in the upcoming benefit any of the songs from Stephen Schwartz' Hans Christian Anderson musical are being used, or even considered. . .

td

• td
« Reply #228 on: October 27, 2007, 10:19:40 PM »

Ah, so that's what he was talking about. Thanks, td!
You're welcome.
Since I had a hankering for some great Emma Thompson following HARRY POTTER, I plopped out the HOWARDS END disc and decided to not watch the movie, but the special features. . .

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #229 on: October 27, 2007, 10:44:20 PM »

Td, nice to see you here...
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #230 on: October 27, 2007, 10:45:51 PM »

Add this for dessert?

Moelleux au Chocolat
this ultra moist little cake with the soft "sunken" center is served warm, its velvety molten choclate flowing seductively onto the plate with your first taste. Created just for us by a distinguished French baker using the finest bitterseet Belgian Chocolate. To experience the cake's divine tast and texture, simply bake for 6-7 minutes

der Brucer

I hereby call that Caloric evil but it looks OOOOOHHHHHHHHHh so good!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #231 on: October 27, 2007, 10:47:24 PM »

CHeese is good too... I love Cheese!

DBF's mother sends us wisconsin cheese from time to time...

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #232 on: October 27, 2007, 10:50:06 PM »

WHO DONE IT??

(An Abbott and Costello reference)

Actually, in this production, it turns out to be suicide.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

DERBRUCER

« Reply #233 on: October 27, 2007, 10:57:45 PM »

SPEECHLESS!

Rachael Grice of the UK poses in the Miss Figure 2 category during the Amateur Body Building Championships, October 27, 2007, in Southport, United Kingdom. By Sebastian Meyer/Getty Images.

der Brucer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #234 on: October 27, 2007, 11:12:57 PM »

Jose, no to Hans - because of having to be away for so long, we're using mostly known songs (which is what the audience wants anyway, and what the singers want to sing), with just a few slightly obscure ones for good measure.  I'm still awaiting word on the Enchanted song.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #235 on: October 27, 2007, 11:37:34 PM »

And I just received a wonderful call from Baayork Lee.  They finally have a date set for Thommie Walsh's memorial service, November 16, and she's asked me to come on board as part of the musical staff for the event.  Needless to say, I feel quite honored to have been asked to be a part of this especially since I never worked with Thommie.  Tommy Tune will be putting it together, and we'll be meeting tomorrow to start brainstorming and getting some sort of plan in place.  Color me humbled.

That's wonderful, Jose!  Congratulations! :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #236 on: October 27, 2007, 11:40:41 PM »

I decided to throw out foodstuffs that have long ago become no good - it was an amazingly big bag o' stuff - juice from 2005, soup from 2004 - blechhh.  Now everything is all nice and neat.

I was just down in my kitchen and saw that I have an unopened bottle of salad dressing that expired in 2004! :P

In 2004, I moved into an apartment and my mom gave me some stuff, including a box of Ziplock freezer bags.  The box didn't look like the most current design and when I looked inside, there was a coupon that expired in June of 1984!!  That's one old box of Ziplock freezer bags! ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #237 on: October 27, 2007, 11:56:59 PM »

Today, I went to my sister's house to finish assembling her kitchen counter/island.  There were two little drawers that still needed to be put in and I had to take off the whole three-inch thick counter top to add the support/middle section of the two drawers. :P Now, it is FINALLY done!  After that, I went to work for a few hours and then ate dinner (KFC).  When I got home, I started copying the Legally Blonde DVD and have gotten them all done!  Now, I just need to copy the backstage clips disc and it's all done!  I'll be able to mail them out Monday or Tuesday (depending on when I can get to the post office. :)

George

« Reply #238 on: October 27, 2007, 11:58:48 PM »

As I was copying the discs, I was able to put some of the ointment/cream on my cat's paw, but I didn't have to put the collar on her...I held her in my lap and prevented her from licking it off as I watched the last two episodes of "Dirty Sexy Money" and then a show (edited for content) that I had recorded on my DVR from Logo (originally unedited on Showtime from 2000) called "Common Ground."  According to the blurb, "Three tales (by Paula Vogel, Terrence McNally and Harvey Fierstein) about changing attitudes toward homosexuality over three generations in a New England town."  In it, were Eric Stoltz (he has a small part in it but otherwise, he was the narrator), Margo Kidder, Brittany Murphy, Jason Priestley, Jonathan Taylor Thomas, Edward Asner, Steven Weber and others.  It was quite good, but it's not available on VHS or DVD (at least, according to Amazon.com).  My DVR only recorded exactly 120 minutes and the very end of it was cut off. :( Anyone else see this?

DERBRUCER

« Reply #239 on: October 28, 2007, 12:00:48 AM »

I'll be able to mail them out Monday or Tuesday (depending on when I can get to the post office. :)

You grateful fans are patiently waiting!

der Brucer
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up