Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 17   Go Down

Author Topic: I COME TO DAMN EBAY  (Read 52386 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re:I COME TO DAMN EBAY
« Reply #120 on: February 20, 2008, 09:10:13 AM »

PAGE FIVE OFF TO WORK DANCE!!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #121 on: February 20, 2008, 09:10:33 AM »

Until later! :D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #122 on: February 20, 2008, 09:10:48 AM »

And sometimes, all you have is the title in the listing...and nothing else about the item. :-\

Otherwise, I've had mostly good success from eBay.  I do pay attention to the shipping costs.  It's been a long time since I can remember sellers not putting in shipping costs and you had to contact them and they only took money orders and you had to get one to mail...through the USPS!  Paypal has been a great service and for the buyer (I've never sold anything), there are no extra fees. :)

I used to go the USPS every week and buy several postal money orders.  And then I'd address my envelopes, insert a copy of the auction page with my check, add a stamp and mail the damned things.  PayPal eliminated all the fuss and bother for the seller.

I used to get VERY upset at the sellers who were offering something I had been looking for and then read "I DO NOT ACCEPT PAYPAL" followed by a lengthy, verbose explanation that was a diatribe against PayPal for exacting fees based on the amount of the sale.

I've written many of these vendors and asked them to let me use PayPal and that I would GLADLY pay whatever the fee was they'd be charged for doing so.   A few agreed, most would not.

It has been a while, though, since I encountered anyone who would not accept PayPal.  It doesn't really make any sense not to.  Sellers can "build in" the PayPal fee while buyers get the protection PayPal offers for any problems that may arise due to non-receipt of merchandise already paid for.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2008, 09:13:47 AM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

singdaw

« Reply #123 on: February 20, 2008, 09:11:17 AM »

Sorry, DR RLP - the original link seemed to be broken, so I had to swap out something else.  :(

singdaw

« Reply #124 on: February 20, 2008, 09:13:10 AM »

Perhaps there will be a Levain namesake in your future!

But what would the "Jose Can You See" cookie consist of, I wonder?

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #125 on: February 20, 2008, 09:13:21 AM »

Sorry, DR RLP - the original link seemed to be broken, so I had to swap out something else.  :(

The missing link, eh?   I always thought that might be "you."

;)
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #126 on: February 20, 2008, 09:14:45 AM »

Yes DR RLP that "I do NOT accept PayPal" sometimes stops me from bidding on something.....because of the added trouble of getting the money order, writing the envelope, printing out the page, etc.

But then I have NEVER sold anything on EBAY, so I don't know.  This auction I won a couple of hours ago is still unpaid because ACTIVA gives me an "unexpected error" each time I try to pay.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #127 on: February 20, 2008, 09:15:26 AM »

But what would the "Jose Can You See" cookie consist of, I wonder?

Snips and Snails and Puppy Dog tails?

singdaw

« Reply #128 on: February 20, 2008, 09:15:53 AM »

For ASK BK day:

Do you get an Oscar ballot?  And do you vote?

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #129 on: February 20, 2008, 09:17:52 AM »

The Joan Crawford BOX set arrived at my house today.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #130 on: February 20, 2008, 09:18:20 AM »

For Ask BK Day:

What is your favorite joke punchline? Not the whole joke, just the punchline.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #131 on: February 20, 2008, 09:18:50 AM »

Yes DR RLP that "I do NOT accept PayPal" sometimes stops me from bidding on something.....because of the added trouble of getting the money order, writing the envelope, printing out the page, etc.

One vendor, to whom I offered reimbursement for the PayPal charge, said NO and told me to "Move along.  I don't need your business!"

And has anyone here ever taken eBay to task for the policy of requiring the shipping address be the same as the mailing address?

I cannot be at home when mail is delivered, and most everything I order has to be packaged in a size larger than my mail box.

EBay has "apologized" and said they do it for the protection of the seller.  I have countered and said I don't need their protection...I need their "cooperation" in allowing me to get my packages where I can "receive them" without having to make special trips to the "carrier annex" in downtown Oakland once a week.

Most sellers disregard eBay's suggestion to deny the alternate shipping address.  But a few are absolutely PRIGGISH about it.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2008, 09:19:55 AM by Ron Pulliam »

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #132 on: February 20, 2008, 09:21:05 AM »

For Ask BK Day:

What is your favorite joke punchline? Not the whole joke, just the punchline.

May I tell you mine?

Please! Please! Please! Please! Please!

It's "Who's there?"

singdaw

« Reply #133 on: February 20, 2008, 09:23:29 AM »

Last night I got a "friend" request on Facebook from someone whose name means absolutely nothing to me.  They apparently graduated a year after me at college.  I don't want to be rude, but I have no idea who this guy is.

Maybe Alzheimer's has already begun to set in...

singdaw

« Reply #134 on: February 20, 2008, 09:24:13 AM »

The Joan Crawford BOX set arrived at my house today.

Is it packaged in wire or in wood?

singdaw

« Reply #135 on: February 20, 2008, 09:24:59 AM »

I can never remember any jokes, let alone punch lines.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #136 on: February 20, 2008, 09:26:13 AM »

Wood of course!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #137 on: February 20, 2008, 09:27:32 AM »

Last night I got a "friend" request on Facebook from someone whose name means absolutely nothing to me.  They apparently graduated a year after me at college.  I don't want to be rude, but I have no idea who this guy is.

Maybe Alzheimer's has already begun to set in...

Perhaps it's a "friend" of a "friend"....or a "secret crush" finally ready to declare himself.

(And you thought my response was going to be a simple, "Maybe?", didn't you?)

« Last Edit: February 20, 2008, 09:28:55 AM by Ron Pulliam »

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #138 on: February 20, 2008, 09:27:55 AM »

DR RLP - the message boards at the EBAY community are full of sellers who complain about everything including the poor people who buy their stuff and then - for some reason - expect to get it in a reasonable time and as presented.

Fortunately I can use the same address.....but if it's a gift, it is sent to me to be sent on .... costing double....

Miss Karen

« Reply #139 on: February 20, 2008, 09:28:42 AM »

No argument about the first two being the best of the night. I didn't care for David Cook much, especially the Chris Daughtry-like twirling of the mic stand.

I think Danny Noreiga will go before Jason Yeager. Jason has a lilting quality to his voice that I liked (wasn't wowed by it, but it was more than the pleasant karaoke that most of the guys opted for last night.)

I'd take out David Cook, too, and put the dreadlocked guitar player in that top three somewhere. The first singer of the night, the guy from Glendale, wasn't too bad either, not top 3 but close -- nice voice but no stage presence so he may be on the short list if he doesn't rock the house soon -- the rest were "forgettable" with their song choices/presentations last night.

(The two Elvis singers deserve to be in that bottom bunch in place of Jason. The blonde kid smiling and mugging through Suspicious Minds bugged me since the message of the song doesn't seem to be something you want to be smiling and mugging about -- if his goal was to come across cute and muggy, pick a song that fits being muggy and attempted cuteness  ::) and the dark haired one came across cocky and mouthy  :P)  Chickahi, or whatever his name is, was cocky and mouthy during the judges' comments, too, and that is always a turn off for me  :P... Listen and learn!

I'll watch the girls tonight (I just wanted to see everyone since some of them we never saw nor heard before ... which hardly seems fair the way they pick a few to start showcasing early...) and then that will probably be the end of my AI guilty pleasure viewing -- my thesis work isn't leaving me alot of gulity pleasure time. AI withdrawal ...urrrggh!

singdaw

« Reply #140 on: February 20, 2008, 09:29:48 AM »

And you thought my response was going to be a simple, "Maybe?", didn't you?

Well...  the thought did cross my mind!   :)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #141 on: February 20, 2008, 09:30:55 AM »

DR RLP - the message boards at the EBAY community are full of sellers who complain about everything including the poor people who buy their stuff and then - for some reason - expect to get it in a reasonable time and as presented.

Fortunately I can use the same address.....but if it's a gift, it is sent to me to be sent on .... costing double....

What gets me every time is the seller who wants to be paid NOW, and then takes his sweet time shipping.

Miss Karen

« Reply #142 on: February 20, 2008, 09:33:57 AM »

I thought that was what you instructed to be inscribed on your tombstone...   :-\

Now, now, wipe that frown off your little icon face -- it can be on my tombstone AND my future pet's name..

Miss Karen

« Reply #143 on: February 20, 2008, 09:38:57 AM »

Ooohh, the Enabler.. the Temptress of Sin.. the Pied (Cookied and MonkeyCaked) Piper of Harlem...How I miss him!! :-*

Miss Karen

« Reply #144 on: February 20, 2008, 09:40:19 AM »

Hark! My thesis is calling...See ya in July! (just kidding... but maybe not....)

singdaw

« Reply #145 on: February 20, 2008, 09:42:27 AM »

***THESIS VIBES***
to our dear DR Miss Karen!!!!!

singdaw

« Reply #146 on: February 20, 2008, 09:45:21 AM »

And now, DearReaderLaura DR really does get to Open a New Window!!   :D

singdaw

« Reply #147 on: February 20, 2008, 09:48:53 AM »

And, speaking of Mame...

The Man in the Moon [who's a lady] was particularly gorgeous early this morning when it was still dark out!
« Last Edit: February 20, 2008, 09:54:48 AM by singdaw »

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #148 on: February 20, 2008, 09:57:05 AM »

THESIS the Days of Miss Karen's Lives.....

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #149 on: February 20, 2008, 09:58:10 AM »

And, speaking of Mame...

The Man in the Moon [who's a lady] was particularly gorgeous early this morning when it was still dark out!

Earth is going to be swallowing up the moon tonight in a lunar eclipse.

Supposedly, all of California should be able to witness this.

Unless, of course, one's area is beset/besieged with clouds or fog.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 17   Go Up