Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19   Go Down

Author Topic: THE FIFTH BRAIN  (Read 48214 times)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
Re:THE FIFTH BRAIN
« Reply #510 on: September 28, 2007, 10:03:43 PM »

PennyO, that is a very classy avatar!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #511 on: September 28, 2007, 10:04:03 PM »

page 18 dance!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #512 on: September 28, 2007, 10:11:00 PM »

He would probably be happy to help you, if he had access to your computer.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #513 on: September 28, 2007, 10:14:46 PM »

I believe it is considered rude to kiss in public in India, or at least parts of India, but the firestorm over Shilpa and Richard is more hype/publicity then anything else. Oh, there may have been a few conservatives who got huffy about it, and Shilpa's publicity gurus were all over it...but, I would guess that 99.9 percent of the population couldn't care less about it.

India has very strict rules about kissing in public and Gere committed an big error in judgement.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #514 on: September 28, 2007, 10:15:14 PM »

Tell him to hop a plane to Fargo...

Ask him a question...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #515 on: September 28, 2007, 10:16:06 PM »

I have one drive that did not have the program loadeed and it is the harddrive from my old computer. Is it possible to bring that up and then go into my c drive and delete the offending program?

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #516 on: September 28, 2007, 10:26:05 PM »

Count down to Spider Baby....
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #517 on: September 28, 2007, 10:26:39 PM »

Working Saturday and Sunday.

Saturday is Pagan Pride Day - but my sister is working at the Festival....whew....

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #518 on: September 28, 2007, 10:26:42 PM »

He said he'd need to see the computer.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #519 on: September 28, 2007, 10:26:55 PM »

I shall read the results in the morning.

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #520 on: September 28, 2007, 10:27:21 PM »

Will your computer boot up?

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #521 on: September 28, 2007, 10:30:18 PM »

I have a custom built with XP Pro.

It boots  and gets to the screen where I click on my account name and then it starts to losd. I can see the wallpaper and then I get a window taht says cannot find computer registry.... 0x0000 with several other numbers and ending in 8. Then logs off.

I can bring it up in safe mode but I do not know the commands to pull of the documents I want. The dos commands I recall are too old.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #522 on: September 28, 2007, 10:31:31 PM »

When I got this computer, I got to keep the old harddrive. That is my back up. Heck, even if i could move some of the files I want from c drive to my e drive I would appreciate that. I dont feel competent enough to completely reformat the c drive.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #523 on: September 28, 2007, 10:32:40 PM »

i will let you guess who is in the picture in my wallpaper....

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #524 on: September 28, 2007, 10:32:50 PM »

He said you shouldn't need commands in safe mode. He says, "Windows is hosed."

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #525 on: September 28, 2007, 10:33:34 PM »

I have Win98SE on the second harddrive but I have only used that for storage.

Laura, if he has instructions. I will PM you my email addy...

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #526 on: September 28, 2007, 10:33:47 PM »

Donny Osmond?

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #527 on: September 28, 2007, 10:33:56 PM »

hosed?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #528 on: September 28, 2007, 10:34:16 PM »

Back from a very difficult early part of the day, a wonderful performance of The Brain, about which more later, and seeing Noel's show, which I enjoyed, and whose cast is first-rate all the way.  We then met up at the Brooklyn Diner - I hadn't eaten all day, so I had a salad and a bacon cheeseburger and fries, although Miss Karen stole most of them.  The Diner was the scene of incredibly ribald and raucous behavior, and I must say that the 5'10" beautiful Samantha, not only held her own but was frequently leading the pack.  Most amusing bit - when the entire table sang Iowa Stubborn and then went into Ya Got Trouble.  Many photographs were taken so I'm sure they'll be posted.

Also, FJL will post the link the the nytheater.com review - it's pretty terrific - not without some criticisms, but clearly they really liked the show and LOVED the cast.  And he'll also post the link to the NY Times reviewlet - not very long, and not without criticism, but essentially positive, and how many just out of college young men get their names in a NY Times review?

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #529 on: September 28, 2007, 10:34:40 PM »

Matt Ashford! DBF! and Missy Reeves!

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #530 on: September 28, 2007, 10:35:10 PM »

He said: If you can boot into windows 98, then go ahead. It shouldn't be hard to find the files you want.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #531 on: September 28, 2007, 10:35:39 PM »

sounds like a more than lovely gathering...

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #532 on: September 28, 2007, 10:35:42 PM »

But don't count on that first hard drive to ever boot up again without reinstalling windows

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #533 on: September 28, 2007, 10:36:34 PM »

co I change prompt command in safe mode to go from

C> to E>  ?

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #534 on: September 28, 2007, 10:37:03 PM »

tha is what I was afraid of ...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #535 on: September 28, 2007, 10:37:43 PM »

So taht program completely messed up win xp

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #536 on: September 28, 2007, 10:37:54 PM »

He said that you are not talking about safe mode; you are talking about dos.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #537 on: September 28, 2007, 10:40:25 PM »

but are there commands I can use in dos...

When it comes in safe mode I get a black scareen taht says safe mode

I typed "DIR" and the directory came up

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #538 on: September 28, 2007, 10:40:55 PM »

When I tried to go into safe mode wiht vga it would not load

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #539 on: September 28, 2007, 10:41:40 PM »

however when I brought it up in safemode terminal it came up...
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19   Go Up