Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down

Author Topic: BACK TO WORK  (Read 29092 times)

Tomovoz

Re:BACK TO WORK
« Reply #150 on: October 29, 2003, 08:00:56 PM »

I missed that last post from "Ben". Thanks also for your search. Topic had now been assigned to "The Everglades" and or "Desert Pete". We had a folk fan here for a while. Was it DR "Drum" who has gone missing?
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Michael

« Reply #151 on: October 29, 2003, 08:05:15 PM »

BK: Did you go to the Kinko's on Ventura in Studio City? If so the attitude is totally unacceptable. I would definitly speak with a manager. The Studio City Kinko's is a top ranking store in the chain and should not have treated you like that.

I know from where I speak.
Never stop dreaming.

Emily

« Reply #152 on: October 29, 2003, 08:07:33 PM »

SWW -

I think Jennifer is trying to make the suggestion that we leave pictures out of the main thread of conversation.  There could be a separate thread where we can all add pictures and the commentary that goes with them.

You, and other picture posters, could make a text only post in the main thread notifying all DRs that you have posted pictures in the picture thread.

I myself would love to be able to see pictures of the dogs and your trip (across the continent... wow btw!) but I think it would lessen my enjoyment of them if I knew other DRs were being severely inconvenienced, if not even forced to view the community page as often as they would like, simply for not having as fast an internet connection as everyone else.

:)
"We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true" except at HHW of course! - Robert Wilensky

Tomovoz

« Reply #153 on: October 29, 2003, 08:10:15 PM »

I am still trying to conquer the wonders of modern technology.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #154 on: October 29, 2003, 08:10:58 PM »

And am obviously failing!
James Thurber 1957

Andrea

« Reply #155 on: October 29, 2003, 08:11:36 PM »

Alright... here I go on my first major post (actually my first of many major posts as I try to up post numbers... ) so be warned.. you will see lots of different posts.

First of all: No seperate threads for dvds-- If you don't like it, skim  ;)

Pictures: I agree with jennifer: while the pictures everyone posts are beautiful, there are a lot of them. If we could have a seperate place for the artsy album covers and bk's stuff (which are to die for!) (not right now, maybe in the near future) and maybe only post those lovely personal photos, I think it would be a nice
compromise.

One exception: TD can post whomever he wants as long as they are good looking.

Tomovoz

« Reply #156 on: October 29, 2003, 08:13:54 PM »

Another failure coming up. You are all missing out on a photo of Mr Jackman. Maybe tomorrow!
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #157 on: October 29, 2003, 08:15:14 PM »

Maybe today!  This was taken from the programme of the Oz production of "Sunset B".
James Thurber 1957

Andrea

« Reply #158 on: October 29, 2003, 08:16:21 PM »

That being said, I think I might like to show all you DRs a little photo of me.

It's old (two years) and taken when I was 18 and before I went blond (well.. not that blond)

Kisses

« Last Edit: October 29, 2003, 08:20:37 PM by Andrea »

Andrea

« Reply #159 on: October 29, 2003, 08:17:39 PM »

ohhhh.. that's a big picture.

Sorry Jennifer.. I wonder if we could do wireless from my place to yours?

Andrea

« Reply #160 on: October 29, 2003, 08:26:08 PM »

Wait! How come it says only 11 posts on two my posts...

[insert whine] mark! Fix it!

Kisses

Andrea

« Reply #161 on: October 29, 2003, 08:27:18 PM »

oh wait... I'm stupid... never mind.... it changes on each post... right...

dumb blond here
« Last Edit: October 29, 2003, 08:46:32 PM by Andrea »

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #162 on: October 29, 2003, 08:31:12 PM »

I cannot express how thrilled I have been with the Sherlock Holmes Collection DVD box set. The movies have been beautifully remastered from what appears to be very old, worn, and ill-cared for materials.

I taped most of the films off local television about 20 years ago, so suffice to say the quality has always been shoddy. These films restore beautiful deep blacks, whites and grays to wonderful effect. Now, I can't wait for the next box which comes out the week after Thanksgiving. I know ONE thing I'll be thankful for this year!  :D
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Tomovoz

« Reply #163 on: October 29, 2003, 09:07:45 PM »

So DR Sandra, how are Leonardo, the ice cube and the cat?
James Thurber 1957

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #164 on: October 29, 2003, 09:13:21 PM »

I certainly don't want anyone's feelings hurt on this issue, but I have to say what I feel.

There have been plenty of times in the past when I wanted to enjoy sites that downloaded very slowly for me.

I overcame that, somewhat, by upgrading to a PC with increased memory.  A big step was switching from dial-up to DSL.

There are still things I cannot do, sites I cannot fully appreciate.  And I realize that major PC improvements may not be practical or practicable for everyone.

I do experience a slight delay from time to time, not just here, but everywhere I go...especially eBay.

After being on AOL dial-up for more than two years, I have to tell you every delay is slight by comparison.

That said, we are on a site that has been upgraded.  I recommend holding off suggesting a restriction of its capabilities until the "novelty" has lessened.

« Last Edit: October 29, 2003, 09:15:50 PM by Ron Pulliam »

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #165 on: October 29, 2003, 09:19:31 PM »

The Leonardo essay turned into a Martin Luther essay at the last minute. The ice cube melted and the cat is bored. But here's a picture of him having a fierce battle with a roll of paper towels.
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #166 on: October 29, 2003, 09:26:06 PM »

Let me get this straight or, at the very least, let me get this crooked.  There have been THREE posts in the last ninety minutes?  No, that will not do, that will not do at all.  Let us not get complacent and lazy because that will not do at all.

MBarnum

« Reply #167 on: October 29, 2003, 09:28:04 PM »

Sandra, I might have missed something somewhere, but is that your kitten? He is adorable!

Tomovoz

« Reply #168 on: October 29, 2003, 09:30:10 PM »

With that attempt at a photo  for the site I think I will return to "Thomas".
Thanks for the update Sandra. So did the ice cube or MLK become the Renaissance Man?
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #169 on: October 29, 2003, 09:38:57 PM »

Dumb me. Just noticed that Sandra was writing about ML and not MLK. Still don't think he was really a typical renaissance man.
James Thurber 1957

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #170 on: October 29, 2003, 09:50:09 PM »

Tom from Oz, it was just ML, not MLK.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #171 on: October 29, 2003, 09:51:07 PM »

D'oh.

Tomovoz

« Reply #172 on: October 29, 2003, 09:52:45 PM »

Thanks Sandra. At least I did not confuse either with Luther from "Smallville".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #173 on: October 29, 2003, 09:53:59 PM »

At least half of us posting!
James Thurber 1957

td

• td
« Reply #174 on: October 29, 2003, 09:57:50 PM »

Okay, first things first:

watched an interesting movie on dvd:

Which combines the sensibilities of TRAINSPOTTING and NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD with some mixed results.  There are a few genuine scares and zombies who move quicker than a chipmunk being chased by my dog.  It's a movie I'll watch again, when I feel the need fora 21st Century take on zombies.

DR Andrea:  This one's for you:

Won't you come karaokaing with me? ? ?
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Tomovoz

« Reply #175 on: October 29, 2003, 10:03:26 PM »

td When you post you really POST. By my calculations you should all be asleep by now! Thus I too shall "log out".
James Thurber 1957

td

• td
« Reply #176 on: October 29, 2003, 10:12:32 PM »

td When you post you really POST. By my calculations you should all be asleep by now! Thus I too shall "log out".

Why should we be asleep?  Especially those DRs on the West Coast? ? ? I'ts only 1am here (see, I adjusted to Daylight Savings Time alright).  Plenty of time for Pacific party people to post.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #177 on: October 29, 2003, 10:13:41 PM »

I am afraid that photo does not live up to td's usual high standards.  And the guy wasn't even in a bathtub!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Tomovoz

« Reply #178 on: October 29, 2003, 10:33:37 PM »

Is this site just for you Washington guys at this time of the night?
James Thurber 1957

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #179 on: October 29, 2003, 10:44:12 PM »

It would be if I had something to say.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up