Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: I KID YOU NOT  (Read 13227 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re:I KID YOU NOT
« Reply #90 on: April 08, 2006, 05:43:00 PM »

I'm not sure about fun. ;D  The dogs and cats always got along together,  Sometimes the cats and cats or the dogs and dogs didn't.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #91 on: April 08, 2006, 05:53:04 PM »

nothing nicer though than having a furry freind greet you in the morning also...
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Jane

« Reply #92 on: April 08, 2006, 06:02:00 PM »

Sometimes it is difficult to get up with a cat snuggled into you purring away.

Jane

« Reply #93 on: April 08, 2006, 06:16:29 PM »

I'm falling asleep. I think I had better move around before that happens.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #94 on: April 08, 2006, 06:37:38 PM »

Might I just ask where in tarnation IS everyone?  This is distressing.  Someone post something, damn it all.  I'm thinking about making a spontaneous trip to see Barnum at a nearby theater - not sure, though.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #95 on: April 08, 2006, 06:47:58 PM »

I like Barnum.... Have fun!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #96 on: April 08, 2006, 06:51:13 PM »

contemplating trying for a play that will run locally next fall in the B Theatre....

They play new works, etc... A professor freind is encouraging me to do it...

Tomovoz

« Reply #97 on: April 08, 2006, 06:51:28 PM »

Michael Barnum is in a local production of "Bombay Dreams"?
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #98 on: April 08, 2006, 06:53:43 PM »

Christmas Buff...

He is part of a herd of fiberglass buffs taht will be roaming the area as part of a fundraising effort by Lake Agassiz arts council

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #99 on: April 08, 2006, 06:55:18 PM »

Open spaces buffalo

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #100 on: April 08, 2006, 06:56:33 PM »

side2 of open spaces buff...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #101 on: April 08, 2006, 06:58:29 PM »

Side a of Cubist Buff

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #102 on: April 08, 2006, 07:00:13 PM »

side b of cubist or mosaic buff

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #103 on: April 08, 2006, 07:02:24 PM »

side a of this bison. ARtist has not given a name yet for it.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #104 on: April 08, 2006, 07:04:24 PM »

Should have clicked a bit further. "Bison Van Gogh"

There is an artist from the Spirit Lake reservation here in ND that is also painting a buffalo and he was working onit in the mall one day. Talented artist.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #105 on: April 08, 2006, 07:11:52 PM »

Monte Yellow Bird is the artist I was talking about above. He is one of two native american artists involved in teh project.

Work in progress. The buffalo is a sacred animal to the Indians of the plains. I am glad they are being represented in this project.

Laura Youngbird's contribution is called Not Whole . It is covered with images of the Dakota people. Laura is a Wahpeton/Sisseton Dakota.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2006, 07:12:37 PM by DakotaCelt »

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #106 on: April 08, 2006, 07:16:12 PM »

The above bison are over 6ft tall... However there are some smaller ones and some are pretty darn cute...

I rather like this one...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #107 on: April 08, 2006, 07:18:35 PM »

another table top one... Winter buff...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #108 on: April 08, 2006, 07:20:22 PM »

The artist has not posted any pictures yet but it was featured on the news and hers is called Aurora buffalo. It has an Arikara legendabout the Northern lights on one side and a Finnish legend about her northern lights on the other side. It was quite pretty.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #109 on: April 08, 2006, 07:23:25 PM »

I was wrong, they just put up pictures of Aurora Bison. THis is the side of the Arikara legend...

This side is the Finnish legend.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #110 on: April 08, 2006, 07:26:10 PM »

http://www.herdabouttheprairie.org/artists.html

This site has other artists that are involved in the project.

Cillaliz

« Reply #111 on: April 08, 2006, 07:34:58 PM »

I had a great day with my parents followed by an extremely traumatic evening.  About 4:00pm or so I was upstairs with the cats and Nilla just started hissing and attacking me.   I thought maybe I had another cat's scent on me, so I went in my bedroom and changed my clothes. He followed me in and started hissing and coming at me with paws swinging.  Then he calmed down a little and then went right back at me.  

I thought maybe he was in pain, because he is having tooth trouble. I called the vet who sort of acted like he wasn't sure I should take him in.  Nilla couldn't seem to calm down, so I isolated him in a part of the house away from Callie and I left him alone to calm down. He calmed down, then he would rub against my legs like he was making up and then he'd attack me again (I should say this is a cat with only a couple good teeth and I keep his claws clipped, so even though he came at me over and over and over, I have one little scratch.

Anyway, during the third call to the vet, he attacked while I was on the phone and the people within earshot of the vet heard it.   He then agreed that I needed to take him in on an emergency basis and said as soon as I could get him in something to take him in, to call and he'd meet me there.   By this time I was in tears and was a total basket case.  I mean who do you call to help you cage a very angry cat?  Well I called my cat sitter and bless her soul she and a friend came over and we got him in his carrier.  

So about 9:00pm I got him to the vet.  He was much calmer there but is still very mad at me.  I hope he gets over being that mad. I'm a little concerned about that.  The vet gave him a pain killer but said other than his teeth - which he did show pain when they were touched - he couldn't really see anything wrong, other than he is very mad at me at the moment.   So he's in the hospital, probably until Monday at least, when they can hopefully pull the bad teeth and figure out if there's anything else wrong.  

It's been a terribly upsetting night and I missed Verdi's Requiem with the symphony and 7 college choirs in a mass choir. I was looking forward to it, but I had to take care of Nilla.   I really hope he isn't mad at me forever.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #112 on: April 08, 2006, 07:38:41 PM »

((Cilla))

I send good vibes your way and hope things work out.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #113 on: April 08, 2006, 07:41:06 PM »

calming vibes to Nilla...

Cillaliz

« Reply #114 on: April 08, 2006, 07:44:18 PM »

Callie is sound asleep. I think she is relieved the whole ordeal is over

Cillaliz

« Reply #115 on: April 08, 2006, 07:45:23 PM »

Thanks Dakota.  I'd eat ice cream if I had some. But I do have candy coated malted milk ball eggs. I'm going to eat them

François de Paris

« Reply #116 on: April 08, 2006, 07:55:07 PM »

I had a great day with my parents followed by an extremely traumatic evening.  About 4:00pm or so I was upstairs with the cats and Nilla just started hissing and attacking me.   I thought maybe I had another cat's scent on me, so I went in my bedroom and changed my clothes. He followed me in and started hissing and coming at me with paws swinging.  Then he calmed down a little and then went right back at me.  

I thought maybe he was in pain, because he is having tooth trouble. I called the vet who sort of acted like he wasn't sure I should take him in.  Nilla couldn't seem to calm down, so I isolated him in a part of the house away from Callie and I left him alone to calm down. He calmed down, then he would rub against my legs like he was making up and then he'd attack me again (I should say this is a cat with only a couple good teeth and I keep his claws clipped, so even though he came at me over and over and over, I have one little scratch.

Anyway, during the third call to the vet, he attacked while I was on the phone and the people within earshot of the vet heard it.   He then agreed that I needed to take him in on an emergency basis and said as soon as I could get him in something to take him in, to call and he'd meet me there.   By this time I was in tears and was a total basket case.  I mean who do you call to help you cage a very angry cat?  Well I called my cat sitter and bless her soul she and a friend came over and we got him in his carrier.  

So about 9:00pm I got him to the vet.  He was much calmer there but is still very mad at me.  I hope he gets over being that mad. I'm a little concerned about that.  The vet gave him a pain killer but said other than his teeth - which he did show pain when they were touched - he couldn't really see anything wrong, other than he is very mad at me at the moment.   So he's in the hospital, probably until Monday at least, when they can hopefully pull the bad teeth and figure out if there's anything else wrong.  

It's been a terribly upsetting night and I missed Verdi's Requiem with the symphony and 7 college choirs in a mass choir. I was looking forward to it, but I had to take care of Nilla.   I really hope he isn't mad at me forever.

Cill, I've just found this page that might help you somewhat I hope!
I believe your cat is in pain and takes it on you... but it's hard to say of course... just like that!
You might see a difference when his teeth are fixed....
Good luck!

http://www.shvaika.ic.ck.ua/aggression/aggressionengl.html

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #117 on: April 08, 2006, 07:56:29 PM »

Glad Callie is sleeping...

::: Hands Cilla some ice cream :::I hope chocolate is okay...

François de Paris

« Reply #118 on: April 08, 2006, 07:59:43 PM »

Ummmm... the page doesn't download the way it should.... You need to ENTER the site and select "aggression" which is close to the end of the selection on the left! You'll see!

François de Paris

« Reply #119 on: April 08, 2006, 08:02:10 PM »

calming vibes to Nilla...

Nilla's favourite ice cream is VA!

Va Nilla ice cream!! :D   (I know! I know! That joke is a cat-astrophe! ;))
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up